Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Pro

• Thread starter daan
  • 2,355 comments
Tape fix didn't work for me - I tried all the solutions. It sounds like my click-clonk noise is coming from inside the wheelbase, but who knows. I love this wheel otherwise.
Totally relate to the click-clonk noise. I feel it too, in amongst the other amazing feedback, as the wheel moves slightly side to side on the ball lock. Wish i just had a lock screw to fix the problem, from initial design, but may have to look into adding one. Hoping the ball doesn't fail too.
Awesome, a new force feedback update with GT7 too. Here's hoping it doesn't take us backwards again.

Last edited:
Game Update 1.16 is up and running. FFB strength is back to what it was, post 1.15. Having done a few dozen laps around Suzuka before calling it quits tonight, it seems stronger than ever, but that could be just me. I've been running @Jordan and @PirovacBoy settings for the past 10 days. I'm curious what you all think. We may have to fine tune again. The Fanatec old recommenced settings seem to be decent again.

FMW
Game Update 1.16 is up and running. FFB strength is back to what it was, post 1.15. Having done a few dozen laps around Suzuka before calling it quits tonight, it seems stronger than ever, but that could be just me. I've been running @Jordan and @PirovacBoy settings for the past 10 days. I'm curious what you all think. We may have to fine tune again. The Fanatec old recommenced settings seem to be decent again.
Presumably you’re not running at FFB 10 now

So, the FFB is back to what it felt before 1.15, and all I’m going to say is that I don’t appreciate the way it feels.
It’s ok, it’s drivable but the details and overall Dynamics which were felt before are COMPLETELY vanished.
We‘re back to Numb Cornering and in General very low detailed just strong Force Feedback.
Especially GR Cars feel very lifeless and boring to drive.
There is absolutely no nuance when going through Corners where before it felt very detailed and very dynamic in regards of Strength.
Now it’s just 1dimensional and therefore very dull.
If they just would have cranked up the overall available Force for those who prefer a strong FFB but kept the previous FFB Details I think we would have had the perfect Balance.
But anyway I won’t complain and take it the way it is.
I don’t care anymore, i didn’t complain before and I’m not going to whine now.

Last edited:
Really liked the feel of @PirovacBoy 's settings, and in 1.15 I prefered it over the Fanatec Recommended settings before the 1.15 update. After the 1.16 update I have changed the in-game controller strength setting to 4. @PirovacBoy Do I need to change any other settings on the Fanatec wheel to more closely replicate the feel of the wheel on 1.15 ?

Last edited:
Really liked the feel of @PirovacBoy 's settings, and in 1.15 I prefered it over the Fanatec Recommended settings. After the 1.16 update I have changed the in-game controller strength setting to 4. @PirovacBoy Do I need to change any other settings on the Fanatec wheel to replicate the feel of the wheel on 1.15 ?
Unfortunately I don’t think that we can get back to the previous FFB Driving Dynamics FFB Feeling.
I‘ll experiment later though when I’m back at home.
I just had about 2hours of seat time to play and test a few Settings but from the way it looks, it’s going to be an unsolvable Task.
But like I said I’ll try to set up something which might feel close to what it was before.
But the Cornering Dynamics and details most probably are not restorable unfortunately as they seem to have been “ripped“ out from the rest of the FFB.
Incomprehensible why PD did that and didn’t just add more Strength.

So it appears Jordan/Pirivbac Boys 1.15 settings were better and no longer applicable to 1.16.

So more ffb, using ps5 mode, but less detail. A bit like compatibility mode 1.15?

I won't get a chance to test until later.

B80
So it appears Jordan/Pirivbac Boys 1.15 settings were better and no longer applicable to 1.16.

So more ffb, using ps5 mode, but less detail. A bit like compatibility mode 1.15?

I won't get a chance to test until later.
Exactly, comp mode in 1.15 or native mode pre 1.15.
The tuning settings in the Fanatec menu, either by Jordan or Pirovac or anything else, aren't relevant - those are just adding effects to the signal. The **** FFB signal from the core of the game is clipping in corners. There's nothing any wheel manufacturer can do.

1.15 native mode wasn't clipping, which was excellent, although weak. Now we're back to clipping.

Those are facts. You can feel or think whatever you want of them.

Exactly, comp mode in 1.15 or native mode pre 1.15.
The tuning settings in the Fanatec menu, either by Jordan or Pirovac or anything else, aren't relevant - those are just adding effects to the signal. The **** FFB signal from the core of the game is clipping in corners. There's nothing any wheel manufacturer can do.

1.15 native mode wasn't clipping, which was excellent, although weak. Now we're back to clipping.

Those are facts. You can feel or think whatever you want of them.
I'm still not convinced it's just clipping. I agree the wheel feels like that when you turn it so far in most corners of the game. But then go through the carousel at the Nurburgring and there's plenty of detail with the wheel turned pretty far. I've found a few more corners that are the same as well.

So is it really clipping or just very poorly implemented FFB?

I'm still not convinced it's just clipping. I agree the wheel feels like that when you turn it so far in most corners of the game. But then go through the carousel at the Nurburgring and there's plenty of detail with the wheel turned pretty far. I've found a few more corners that are the same as well.

So is it really clipping or just very poorly implemented FFB?

Good question.

If it is clipping, there has to be a huge amount of gain applied to the signal before the "volume control", since max torque 1 clips as much as 5.

I like settings that make me feel the car better or as realistic as i can set it. The thing is the more "realistic" settings i have the faster i go.
But i only drive through cockpit camera (even i know i am faster from the hood cam) because i believe in the immersion of the whole concept.
So i will never go above 1 in sensitivity with my 8nm DD pro.

It is only practice and practice.

I really can not understand the concept "this makes me faster but i do not need to feel much"

It is personal preference of course but what is the point to drive with a wheel on a nice rig with settings that makes no sense and the steering wheel so low that it seems like you drive with the stomach?

Do not get me wrong but i just can not understand it. It is what it is though.

Bro, I really could not agree more!! On everything you said. I have the same exact point of view. Especially on cockpit view.

The fact is, visibility is a factor in real driving, so you should never have the same visibility when driving a go Kart as a Toyota GR010 but unless you use cockpit view you will. So cockpit is factually the only realistic view for that reason alone.

But like you said, I just use it for the immersion.

Same with my wheel settings but I highly disagree with him anyways. Setting sensitivity higher doesn't make you faster. There's no advantage to not feeling the car

But also like you, I would not do something I don't believe in simply to be faster.

I'd rather be slower and enjoy myself fully than make compromises just to be more competitive. It's also why I really avoid using the "meta" car if it's one I really dislike. The beetle, the gr 4 hatchbacks, and especially the Atenza are good examples. I would never drive those 🤬boxes

By the way, my name on playstation is also Hugo. HugoStiglitz_420 if you want to add me
Cheers mate!! 🍻

Last edited:
You mean the understeer effect? :lol: I haven't noticed any other "clipping".

No. The understeer effect, which should be removed or at least optional, is simple vibration.
Clipping is when all detail disappears and you only got an equally strong spring effect towards center. The peaks in FFB (detail) are cut off. In every other sim title it's unacceptable. Here it's horrible, fixed in 1.15, but now back to horrible.

Have a question regarding Fanatec warranty - does it apply to the original owner/purchaser or the unit itself? I ask as I've purchase a GT DD Pro off of someone and have noticed one of the pedals disconnecting mid play. If I wiggle the cable at the back it starts to work again but annoying non the less and wonder if this is something warranty will cover?

Last edited:
Have a question regarding Fanatec warranty - does it apply to the original owner/purchaser or the unit itself? I ask as I've purchase a GT DD Pro off of someone and have noticed one of the pedals disconnecting mid play. If I wiggle the cable at the back it starts to work again but annoying non the less and wonder if this is something warranty will cover?
Only the original buyer can claim the warranty.And if its the cable (not the socket) i doubt its something warranty would cover.Its in the nature of slim cables to break sometime…but usually not from“nothing“.

Last edited:
Only the original buyer can claim the warranty.And if its the cable (not the socket) i doubt its something warranty would cover.Its in the nature of slim cables to break sometime…but usually not from“nothing“.
Isn’t manufacturer’s warranty valid for a year though?

No. The understeer effect, which should be removed or at least optional, is simple vibration.
Clipping is when all detail disappears and you only got an equally strong spring effect towards center. The peaks in FFB (detail) are cut off. In every other sim title it's unacceptable. Here it's horrible, fixed in 1.15, but now back to horrible.
Well, it feels exactly like when I get real understeer. And remove understeer from a self proclamed simulator? Why on earth? They finally just added it.

Well, it feels exactly like when I get real understeer. And remove understeer from a self proclamed simulator? Why on earth? They finally just added it.

Your wheel vibrates like a dildo when you understeer in corners? Instead of going lighter since there's less friction and self-alignment torque? Cool. What car is that?

That vibration has always been there. Even in GTS.

Isn’t manufacturer’s warranty valid for a year though?
yes,you are right but the manufactures makes a transfer not easy (surprise:dopey:).You need warranty documents then.Some (many?) things doesn‘t even come with such paper.But yes,my post was not really accurate in this regard.I can‘t remember the DD pro came with such paper.Maybe its still in the box,maybe not.

in this very specific Fanatec case: i did read in their forum or the reddit sub, were someone tried to have a warranty repair on a 2nd hand item.But since it wasn‘t him who was the registered owner,fanatec rejected this request.I tried to find something in the fanatec conditions but couldn‘t find more infos about it.

Last edited:
The recommended FFB setting is 5 ingame but did anyone actually try it on 4 for example?Is it only an overall“gain reduction“ or will it probably leave more headroom?4 should still be noticeably stronger than the 1.15 FFB

yes,you are right but the manufactures makes a transfer not easy (surprise:dopey:).You need warranty documents then.Some (many?) things doesn‘t even come with such paper.But yes,my post was not really accurate in this regard.I can‘t remember the DD pro came with such paper.Maybe its still in the box,maybe not.

in this very specific Fanatec case: i did read in their forum or the reddit sub, were someone tried to have a warranty repair on a 2nd hand item.But since it wasn‘t him who was the registered owner,fanatec rejected this request.I tried to find something in the fanatec conditions but couldn‘t find more infos about it.
All it needs is the original invoice. Then even the 5th buyer of Fanatec gear will get support - he just needs to be able to provide the original invoice from the first buyer, thats all. And invoices are never shipped with the product, they will always get send via email when the items are shipped.

All it needs is the original invoice. Then even the 5th buyer of Fanatec gear will get support - he just needs to be able to provide the original invoice from the first buyer, thats all. And invoices are never shipped with the product, they will always get send via email when the items are shipped.
okay,thanks for the clarification 👍

Sounds like Fanatec being their usual helpful selves. I’ve had a couple of instances I can recall of a failed product I didn’t buy and they just looked up the serial number and could tell it was less than a year old and fixed it. Not sure if they had to or whether they were just doing the right thing.

Sounds like Fanatec being their usual helpful selves. I’ve had a couple of instances I can recall of a failed product I didn’t buy and they just looked up the serial number and could tell it was less than a year old and fixed it. Not sure if they had to or whether they were just doing the right thing.
It definitely has advantages to only be able to buy the stuff from the company itself.Things get obviously more complicated if there is a seller involved.

Latest Posts

Back