Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Pro

• Thread starter daan
  • 2,355 comments
I've been using these. Worked well so far.

Sooooo

Did your pedals arrive?!?

Ive been oogling pedals since purchasing the bundle..but being a first time wheel guy ive been trying to live at least 6mo before changing anything..but its hard…lol…

So!

Are they great, ok, meh?

See any improvement in acceleration or braking?

i’d bought the next level Elite 2.0 lite. The stand where you can angle pedals and it jumps around a fair amount and has to be wedged between an ottoman so it doesn’t run away (ghetto, yet functional!) so its a race between a proper seat(and place to put it) and pedals and since our gear is similar, its been interesting listening to your opinions.

Thanks!

Sooooo

Did your pedals arrive?!?

Ive been oogling pedals since purchasing the bundle..but being a first time wheel guy ive been trying to live at least 6mo before changing anything..but its hard…lol…

So!

Are they great, ok, meh?

See any improvement in acceleration or braking?

i’d bought the next level Elite 2.0 lite. The stand where you can angle pedals and it jumps around a fair amount and has to be wedged between an ottoman so it doesn’t run away (ghetto, yet functional!) so its a race between a proper seat(and place to put it) and pedals and since our gear is similar, its been interesting listening to your opinions.

Thanks!

No not yet. FedEx lied to me. They were scheduled for today then FedEx said yesterday. Now it’s back to today.

I too am very curious to see how they are over the current CSL pedals and the Ricmotech load cell I had before.

Last edited:
No not yet. FedEx lied to me. They were scheduled for today then FedEx said yesterday. Not it’s back to today.

I too am very curious to see how they are over the current CSL pedals and the Ricmotech load cell I had before.
Ugh. Those clowns..!

So many stories about them over the years. Nevertheless, glad its arriving today. 🤞

I have them! Alas I should be working so I need to wait to this evening to get them on the rig.

IMG_6727.jpeg

They are very substantial!
IMG_6728.jpeg

IMG_6729.jpeg

I currently have no idea how I'm going to mount them on my Playseat. The strap with some zip ties initially and then I may reinforce the whole thing by bolting it to a plywood base as I don't need to move it.

Some quick pressing of the brake pedal and it is solid at first but then freed up with pressing. Still, there is no way you would be able to use this on a carpet! :lol: The rubber covers of the pedals makes me think that you could drive bare foot with this. At least until your food got sweaty.

Hopefully I'll get it working tonight and use the Lake Maggiore TT as a test ground for learning the feel of it.

Last edited:
As a follow up to this. It is difficult, but possible, to attach the CSL Elite V2 pedals to the Playseat Challenge rig. The strap does not work as it is too short and there aren't convenient holes for zip ties. I did it though! It is attached entirely with zip ties and appears to be strong enough for now until I can figure out a better solution.

I have:
  • It is pushed up against the back support
  • 2 zip ties around the back support and the cross bolt of the pedals - 1 either side of the brake assembly.
  • 2 zip ties through the back mounting hole and around the Playseat frame - 1 either side.
For the others I had to combine 2 zip ties together to make a longer one as the ties I had to hand were only 6" long and were too short.
  • There is boxy part of the pedal assembly frame at the mid point on the outside. I was able to route the ties around that and to the Playseat frame.
  • There are no holes at the front side of the pedals or gaps in the frame to use but this needs a tie down otherwise it lifts. What I was able to do was remove the access plug in the top plate for the front mounting bolts and the loop zip tie though that, over the top of the pedal plate and around the play seat frame. Again, I needed two per side to cover the length. A single 10" tie would do it as well or possibly an 8".
So the assembly is a bit ghetto but it works and seams pretty solid.

The force required to push the 65NM brake is at the limit for the Playseat. While I can hit 100% force at the default 30 brake force setting at the wheel I found that dialing that back to 25 improved control in my limited testing so far. I may even dial it back to 20. Currently to hit around 75-80% braking at 25 brake force setting my leg is at its most comfortable. It does not take too much effort to push it to 100%. When at 30, to get to that 100% I could really feel the seat protest at the force needed to be applied.

Brake controllability at 25-50% force seems pretty good but having got used to the CSL base pedals over the last couple weeks I need a few hours to retrain my mind on the feel of this pedal set.

I'm using the Lake Maggiorie TT to test the set up. This is a good one as there is lots of critical and trail braking in this over a short track so I get a lot of repetition. Currently I am off my best by 0.2s but I was closing the gap rapidly and the trail braking control through turns 1 and 2 feels great.

Last edited:
Does GT7 on PS5 support the following GT DD Pro settings:

Force (FOR), Spring (SPR), Damper (DPR) effects - (default = 100) (range: OFF -> 010 … 120)
These force feedback modifiers give you the ability to change the strength of the force feedback signals a game provides (only applicable if the game uses these effects). 100 means no modification; the lower values will reduce the strength and the higher values will increase the strength. In theory, there are three types of signals which a game can send:
Force (FOR) - pushes the wheel into a specific direction
Spring (SPR) - pulls the wheel towards the centre (steering angle 0)
Damper (DPR) - creates friction (adjusting overall stiffness)
Not every game is supporting all three types of effects. In some games, only one of the three is used to recreate all effects.

Does GT7 on PS5 support the following GT DD Pro settings:

Force (FOR), Spring (SPR), Damper (DPR) effects - (default = 100) (range: OFF -> 010 … 120)
These force feedback modifiers give you the ability to change the strength of the force feedback signals a game provides (only applicable if the game uses these effects). 100 means no modification; the lower values will reduce the strength and the higher values will increase the strength. In theory, there are three types of signals which a game can send:
Force (FOR) - pushes the wheel into a specific direction
Spring (SPR) - pulls the wheel towards the centre (steering angle 0)
Damper (DPR) - creates friction (adjusting overall stiffness)
Not every game is supporting all three types of effects. In some games, only one of the three is used to recreate all effects.
SPR & DPR aren't supported.

I usually add a bit of FOR to certain profiles for specific cars to get a heavier wheel; such as with road cars

Not sure if I have an issue with my GT DD Pro 8nm.

When I do a sharp turn left to lock up the front wheels / or start to feel them slipping so as to induce them skidding, the vibration is a lot weaker on the left compared when I turn the wheel to the right / sharp corner right. The rumble strips also seem weaker on the left compared to the right. I can def reproduce the front wheel skids in any car / track and it always feels alot weaker on the left.

Any help / info would be welcome.

Not sure if I have an issue with my GT DD Pro 8nm.

When I do a sharp turn left to lock up the front wheels / or start to feel them slipping so as to induce them skidding, the vibration is a lot weaker on the left compared when I turn the wheel to the right / sharp corner right. The rumble strips also seem weaker on the left compared to the right. I can def reproduce the front wheel skids in any car / track and it always feels alot weaker on the left.

Any help / info would be welcome.
Is that just in GT7 (I know the vibration effect is only in that) or have you tried running over the curbs in ACC to see if the FFB is ok? I wouldn't be surprised if it's just GT7, I'm sure I've seen it mentioned elsewhere that it was weaker on the left, personally I hate the vibration and wish you could turn it off.

Last edited:
@bokspeed In GT7 I agree, the understeer vibration is somewhat less on left turns, then right. I’m not wild about the vibration either but since it was toned down a while back doesn’t bug me so much so I pretty much tune it out, until your post.

Haven’t tried ACC yet but don’t feel anything like that in F1 23. And in GT7 the rest of the FFB feels pretty normal (for GT7) left or right forces so IMO think its coding not HW - not sure but I think GT7 is the only game using that effect to convey understeer

@bokspeed In GT7 I agree, the understeer vibration is somewhat less on left turns, then right. I’m not wild about the vibration either but since it was toned down a while back doesn’t bug me so much so I pretty much tune it out, until your post.

Haven’t tried ACC yet but don’t feel anything like that in F1 23. And in GT7 the rest of the FFB feels pretty normal (for GT7) left or right forces so IMO think its coding not HW - not sure but I think GT7 is the only game using that effect to convey understeer
Ah yes, I should have used the correct term "understeer" in my earlier posts. I wonder if other people can test this in GT7 to know that its definitely not HW related. If we all experience the same weaker vibration on left understeer compared to the right, then it makes sense its a possible coding / SW issue. I will need to do more testing as my rumble strip vibration is weaker on the left side as well.

I have tested with a PS5 controller to compare, and the vibration on understeer seems equal for left / right.

Interesting - just found a post on reddit from 2 months ago about the same issue:

Posted by
u/Difficult-Toe8066
2 months ago

Join

Understeer vibration problem​

renderTimingPixel.png

I use a fanatec dd pro with the clubsport formula 2.5X steeringwheel. I play gran turismo 7 en when i get understeer on the right it is vibrating as usual. But when i steer to the left and get understeer i feel almost nothing. I tried with many cars, different tires en other tracks and i have update the firmware on the base and steeringwheel. but i still have the problem. Does someone have a sollution?

Just read a post that suggests setting FEI to 50 for GT7 to numb that vibration on understeer. Will give it a try tomorrow unless someone here can test before then. Hopefully, it won't dilute other signals for FFB.

I didn’t think GT7 uses FEI, only FOR but could be wrong. I know F1 23 does use both. But if it does, it will impact curb and road feel as well. In F1 23 FEI (Force Effects Intensity) will turn up/down the curbs and other non-steering effects

The developer has to specifically send signals to that channel via the SDK - think multi channel audio. FEI, FOR, DPR and SPR are separate inputs. As all wheels are different, not all devs use all the fanatec channels. FOR is the basic one that’s common.

The left/right diff could just be something stupid, like when they reduced it they input one value for left and mis-entered it for right (or vice versa). Depending on how they encode it and where the param is controlled, could be separate or combined with other effects before being adjsusted and sent to the wheel

To eval rumble strips run the same track backwards in time trial as they may not be equal in all locations or sides of the track

Last edited:
I didn’t think GT7 uses FEI, only FOR but could be wrong. I know F1 23 does use both. But if it does, it will impact curb and road feel as well. In F1 23 FEI (Force Effects Intensity) will turn up/down the curbs and other non-steering effects

The developer has to specifically send signals to that channel via the SDK - think multi channel audio. FEI, FOR, DPR and SPR are separate inputs. As all wheels are different, not all devs use all the fanatec channels. FOR is the basic one that’s common.

The left/right diff could just be something stupid, like when they reduced it they input one value for left and mis-entered it for right (or vice versa). Depending on how they encode it and where the param is controlled, could be separate or combined with other effects before being adjsusted and sent to the wheel

To eval rumble strips run the same track backwards in time trial as they may not be equal in all locations or sides of the track
Think I will get F1 23 so I can test and compare. I did use ACC to compare but the understeer is done differently so was hard to tell but I did feel the rumble strips were weaker on left as well. I want to be sure my unit is working fine as its only 1 week old - but its niggling me with that GT7 vibration / weaker feeling on the left side for understeer and possibly the rumble strips but that will need more testing to be sure if you say they are not always equal depending on track / sides etc...

TBH I wouldn't use the FFB in GT7 as a reference point, I find it inconsistent and poorly implemented compared to ACC. I didn't realise what the wheel was capable of until I started playing ACC regularly , a game with properly developed FFB.

Lowering the FEI in GT7 does make a difference - mine is at 80 - 70 for now while testing. Understeer is less harsh on the right but still stronger than left - makes it a bit more tolerable!

SEN AUTO
FFB 100
PEAK
NDP 5
NFR OFF
NIN OFF
INT 8
FEI 80 -- testing for understeer vibration difference left / right
FOR 110
SPR 100
DPR 50

GT7
Torque 6
Sens 10

Apart from that niggling issue, I am loving the GT DD Pro 8nm and the CSL Elite V2 pedals (glad I got these instead of the CS V3 - thanks for the recommendation on this forum)

Last edited:
I was mid race in a good position, and my wheel just stopped working. I seem to remember a post about the axle drifting out. And this is what mine looks like.
IMG_6745.jpeg

I assume this needs resetting, correct?

Edit. I did the quick release reseating and that seem to fix it.

Last edited:
Apart from that niggling issue, I am loving the GT DD Pro 8nm and the CSL Elite V2 pedals (glad I got these instead of the CS V3 - thanks for the recommendation on this forum)
I saw that you had a Logi G Pro, apart from the issues I know you had with it how does the DD Pro compare?

I saw that you had a Logi G Pro, apart from the issues I know you had with it how does the DD Pro compare?
I prefer the Fanatec - there are more settings to tweak the FFB to taste. Trueforce was nice on the Logi but I had it turned down low as it took away the true FFB feeling - I don't feel I am missing out on anything with the Fanatec and for some reason I get more FFB detail / fidelity on the GT DD Pro. I also prefer the V2 pedals over the Logi Pro pedals - especially the braking, I am more precise and have better control with the V2.

The 11nm was nice but the 8nm is more than enough - but if Fanatec were to release a new mid-range model - 12 to 14nm - I would get that in a heart beat.

The other good thing for Fanatec is the steering wheels - I love the McL GT3 and CS RS - QR could be improved though but not had any issues thus far as they both have the metal QR1 and I use the screw to secure. I also find the steering is more precise on my Fanatec - even with the 320mm CS RS rim.

After my two faulty Logi wheels (just bad luck I guess) I did not want to risk another replacement so decided to take the other risk and jump to Fanatec - glad I did.

Last edited:
Despite that niggling GT7 understeer issue between the left / right turns - I am liking the Fanatec; apart from my 'dodgy garden chair' (it folds up though and keeps the misus happy atleast) :0

Both the McL GT3 and Clubsport RS (love the smell of the leather and super comfortable) are superb wheels!

IMG_0756.jpeg

IMG_2215.jpeg

IMG_2216.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi, I was wondering if you could pass me some setup of the DD Pro 8Nm, which I last installed in April, but the game has received several updates in the meantime, but above all, I have updated the DD drivers. Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi, I was wondering if you could pass me some setup of the DD Pro 8Nm, which I last installed in April, but the game has received several updates in the meantime, but above all, I have updated the DD drivers. Thanks!
For GT7? Give mine try.

FFB 100
PEAK
NDP 5
NFR 10
NIN OFF
INT OFF
FEI 100
FOR 100
SPR OFF
DPR OFF

In game using 6 & 3 atm

I am currently using these for GT7:

SEN AUTO
FFB 100
PEAK
NDP 5
NFR OFF
NIN OFF
INT 7
FEI 80
FOR 100
SPR 100
DPR 50