Ferrari F1 World Championship Season3/Congratulation Guys!!

ABS Banned or ABS1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
With all due respect, it's clear that Immortal's first language is obviously not English so he might not have had the best choice of words to use. He could easily have found a word to describe him in German, but sticking to the rules, I believe that he tried to find a word to describe the driver but couldn't, so instead he resorted to having to use the word "girl" because anyone with a basic knowledge of English would know that some people would describe others that way if they feel that others are cowardly, etc.

No it isn't right, but I believe that it was another language issue, with Immortal not finding the right word to use, so it was an unknown mistake.

I do understand Immortal is not a native English speaker and he didn't get an official warning or infraction. Just a firm request to choose a different word in the future. I even overlooked the first time he used the term and then saw it used again on the very next page.

Using the term "girl" to describe "cowardly" (as you put it) *is* offensive even if other people know what you mean. I would think that is offensive in any language. If that was an excuse think of all the other offensive words one could use with immunity. Plus, I wouldn't think someone actively searching for sponsorship wants to come off looking chauvinist, even by accident.

If Immortal wants to go back and edit those posts and refrain from using the word in an offensive way in the future I will (upon his request) delete the posts in this thread related to the matter and you all can get back to talking about your F1 series.

Ok, I'll take some of that action.

I'm calling you out...

You, your NASCAR, me and my Tuner:
Trail Mountain
December 1st, 2012, 00:30EST
14 laps
No restrictions
No Aids, ABS=1
Tyre wear: Normal
Grip: Real
Damage: Heavy
Slip: Weak

On the Line: Birthday Ticket

Further communication by PM

Good Luck!

What's your tuner and its pp? I'll try to be on this saturday (edit: I guess that's two saturdays from now and really friday night - same deal tho), if I can't I'll let you know ahead of time Tom. You can save the birthday ticket, wouldn't want to take it from you. :sly: (seriously though, I don't care about prizes just want to be challenged and have some fun with other great drivers) Let's do a variety of tracks too, no sense in limiting it to one. 3 laps or so is fine, I doubt the tires will last on a nascar longer than that on a twisty track unless we have wear less than normal. I guess we can always play it by ear and see how they hold up then adjust laps accordingly. The true weakness of the nascar is the tire wear, it's fast as sin on street tracks but in order to put in blazing times it eats through tires like mad.

On another note, guys just suck it up and let the girl thing go. It's a bit strict but at the same time if you were a girl it would be like a shot to the gut to hear stuff like that. Maria de Villota would smoke all of us in a race with one eye, it's not like other sports.

Last edited:
Immortal, maybe you should climb into the 21st century and cut out the gender based slurs. You use girl as a derogatory word. 👎 This is your warning.

I think he just meant they're wusses for using aids. Not that girls are wusses, watch womans MMA, they have more exciting fights than they guys do.

Thanks, David Coulthard:tup:

HAHA, I got that. Good one.

Last edited:
Weird, cause that's my favorite track. ;)

Mine too. I love racing on Madrid. It's my best track by far. I didn't even practice at all for it, I just ran a couple laps then qualified and I did really good. I'm usually near last place so I hope we keep running it, I've came in 7th both times

Ok, I'll take some of that action.

I'm calling you out...

You, your NASCAR, me and my Tuner:
Trail Mountain
December 1st, 2012, 00:30EST
14 laps
No restrictions
No Aids, ABS=1
Tyre wear: Normal
Grip: Real
Damage: Heavy
Slip: Weak

On the Line: Birthday Ticket

Further communication by PM

Good Luck!

Ooh, can I watch? I only need are a soda, and a bag of Doritos. :sly:

If you want to race it would be more fun! Figure we can throw the nascar in some challenging situations and once that gets old then do some good 'ol F1 racing.

I'd even be down tonight if you want, was going to play some skyrim later but nascar vs tuner sounds like a fun challenge I couldn't pass up easily!

M0NSTER97

👍 I think I wanna be a challenger too

GianDoe
If you want to race it would be more fun! Figure we can throw the nascar in some challenging situations and once that gets old then do some good 'ol F1 racing.

I'd even be down tonight if you want, was going to play some skyrim later but nascar vs tuner sounds like fun I just couldn't pass up easily!

How do you describe a tuner? :sly:

👍 I think I wanna be a challenger too

How do you describe a tuner? :sly:

I just want to have some fun and see what the nascar can handle. I don't care really, any car is cool with me. Figure it stands a chance against anything except lemans protos and higher but I really don't know. I've raced nascars against other cars of all types before and it usually does well, but usually I've done it for fun because most people don't expect someone to pick a nascar on purpose. If memory serves I think I raced killa at sarthe in the nascar and it was competitive, can't remember what car he was using though it was a while ago. It's all about the challenge for me, not winning, and I love rwd cars with a TON of horsepower, it's like riding a bull. Once that gets old then we can do some F1.

Might not be able to tonight, forgot my friend was having a thanksgiving pot luck thing at 9:30 but later this week for sure!

Hi All,

After looking at the repay from the race at Madrid, we have decided to give the following penalties:

10 second penalty to gskilla for spinning shakunee on the last corner of the second lap.

10 second to toolo4sno for spnning MonSpaNur on the second lap.

10 second penalty for Hugo ignoring blue flags and a strong warning to start respecting blue flags for the leaders.

Thank you.

driverstablemadrid.jpg

teamtablemadrid.jpg

0 points for Red Bull Racing incredible

don't know why you guys don't like NASCAR. F1 only got intresting until this season the last two seasons were the vettel show not exciting racing to have one person win all the time...cough...cough...immo..cough :lol: . Besides the stereotypical thought of everything's a left turn doesn't take into account for Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, Sanoma, Watkins Glen, Riverside Int. Raceway, Linden Airport, Montgomery Airbase, Road Atlanta, Hartland Park Topeka, Portland Int. Raceway, Suzuka Int. Race Course, Twin Ring Motegi, Canadian National Exhibition Stadium, Willow Springs Int. Motorsports Park, Daytona Beach Road Course, Titusville-Cocoa Airport, Augusta Int. Raceway, Bridgehampton Race Circuit, and Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez. All Road courses that NASCAR has either raced on or race on currently.

Last edited:
hmmm, so what do we do next time if we want to talk about the women in the sport if we cant use the G word?? :confused:

Also, how do any any of us know the gender of the "person" on top of the time sheets? Check my gender on my profile :D

I shall say no more, where is Hydro when you need him.

hmmm, so what do we do next time if we want to talk about the women in the sport if we cant use the G word?? :confused:

Also, how do any any of us know the gender of the "person" on top of the time sheets? Check my gender on my profile :D

I shall say no more, where is Hydro when you need him.

female not the G word solution to problem also are you really of the female gender?

oh I feel inadequate now oops sorry is that to far I'm sorry Art I don't wanna offend you :nervous: :scared:

being sarcastic

Aren't Spaz and Kyunoske on Red Bull? Or were they guest drivers at the time. They both have points. "Guest Drivers" Team isn't doing so bad.

The both drive now in Red Bull Racing but when he have drive the points he was Guest drivers.
Kyuno dont drive more we need one more driver for Red Bull Racing.

IMMORTALPILOT
The both drive now in Red Bull Racing but when he have drive the points he was Guest drivers.
Kyuno dont drive more we need one more driver for Red Bull Racing.

Yea I got those 2 points in my first race. I haven't been doing well in the tuning one. I probably could if the starts weren't so crazy. Ive DCd and just quit because some starts were like taking a ride in the clothes dryer.

Last edited:
don't know why you guys don't like NASCAR. F1 only got intresting until this season the last two seasons were the vettel show not exciting racing to have one person win all the time...cough...cough...immo..cough :lol: . Besides the stereotypical thought of everything's a left turn doesn't take into account for Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, Sanoma, Watkins Glen, Riverside Int. Raceway, Linden Airport, Montgomery Airbase, Road Atlanta, Hartland Park Topeka, Portland Int. Raceway, Suzuka Int. Race Course, Twin Ring Motegi, Canadian National Exhibition Stadium, Willow Springs Int. Motorsports Park, Daytona Beach Road Course, Titusville-Cocoa Airport, Augusta Int. Raceway, Bridgehampton Race Circuit, and Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez. All Road courses that NASCAR has either raced on or race on currently.

I think NASCAR is really cool on road courses. I'm not totally interested in oval racing though it can be fun to do here and there in GT5 or Iracing. I don't find it too fun to watch but there are much worse sports out there. I'd watch NASCAR over Basketball, golf, soccer, or drag racing. Or baseball unlesss it's red sox vs yankees in the playoffs.

V8 Supercars is awesome and that's kind of like NASCAR is on road courses I think.

I've run into a problem. Every time I race in an amateur room I end up smashing into the back of someones car because my braking points have dramatically gotten closer to the turn do to the demand for excellence in this league. It has ruined me forever!!! :scared: :lol: You guys must stop before it is too late for someone else!! :lol:

@hugo- there is alot more to oval racing than everyone thinks it's not flat out all the time like Daytona and Talladega. the half mile tracks (Bristol and Martinsville) are very fun to watch because when you put 43 cars on a track that can barely support them racing room just seems to disappear.

Vettel's a great driver at what he does. The problem with F1 is it is specialty sport.... Its like if tennis was only on grass surface, there's no variance in the F1 tracks apart from Monaco/Valencia/Montreal which are a tad diff from normal F1 tracks. That being said I think the reason for this is some kind of business deal for building the Herman Tilke cookie cutters....it has nothing to do with making the sport of F1/GP2 interesting its all business.

That that being said, the New Jersey track may very well be a decent venue to watch & look at. Istanbul was one of the few stereotypical tracks that everybody liked, GONE....business.......

Of course Nascar is worse or better depending on how you look at it. They have Dega/Daytona. Then 1.5 mile tracks, then Pocono, than Sears point/Watkins glen, than short tracks. So they have some variance albeit its all left turn ahead he he.

Rich S
Vettel's a great driver at what he does. The problem with F1 is it is specialty sport.... Its like if tennis was only on grass surface, there's no variance in the F1 tracks apart from Monaco/Valencia/Montreal which are a tad diff from normal F1 tracks. That being said I think the reason for this is some kind of business deal for building the Herman Tilke cookie cutters....it has nothing to do with making the sport of F1/GP2 interesting its all business.

That that being said, the New Jersey track may very well be a decent venue to watch & look at. Istanbul was one of the few stereotypical tracks that everybody liked, GONE....business.......

Yea these Tilke designed tracks are really boring and almost all are flat. That's why there was such high praise for Austin, because it was so different from others with the immediate 99 feet climb to turn one and then back down to the right. It dips and climbs through the esses, drops down to the hair pin and then climbs down that long curving back straight. There is varying sections of the track too. I love it.

Anyway F1 has always been great and forever wool beer due to great drivers coming in and eventually getting to a great team and sometimes dominating. That doesn't happen a lot so its interesting. Vettel is obviously greater than Alonso by the way

Well, no more New Jersey it has been confirmed. I think the surface maybe the same but i think its still pretty impressive that an F1 car goes around a 3 to 4 mile track in around 90 seconds and there are millisecond differences to other cars.

@Hugo - Now V8 supercars are my kinda racing, i'll watch those any day, and the UTES too.

@izzy - of all the tracks you mentioned, i only know Suzuka and Twin Ring Motegi.

@spaz - The Austin Track was partially made up of bits from other Tilke tracks like Turkey and Sepang, there was also bits like the S's from Suzuka or Muggets and Becketts. the only noticeable difference were the elevation changes. So what i'm trying to say is that it is good track because it takes some of the best corners in F1 and puts them onto one track. So i don't get why you say you don't like the Tilke tracks when the best bits are all put in one :D

Last edited:
@hugo- there is alot more to oval racing than everyone thinks it's not flat out all the time like Daytona and Talladega. the half mile tracks (Bristol and Martinsville) are very fun to watch because when you put 43 cars on a track that can barely support them racing room just seems to disappear.

Oh believe me I know about the short tracks, that's mostly what I run on in iracing. It's more challenging on short tracks. Oval racing in general is a puzzle to me. It's seemingly so simple yet I can never understand how some drivers are so much faster than me on an oval track. It's not like road courses where you can see clearly where you can be faster. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong but it definitely takes a lot of skill and concentration to be fast on ovals, especially short ovals. It's deceptive

@izzy - of all the tracks you mentioned, i only know Suzuka and Twin Ring Motegi.

You know some of the others, Circuit Gille Villeneuve? Montreal, Canadian GP. You know it. Sanoma is also known as Infineon, they changed the name apparently, I'm sure you know infineon from GT4.

You don't know Road Atlanta? or Watkins? That's a shame, those are good tracks, especially road atlanta. America may have NASCAR, but we also have some amazing road courses. Virginia International, Road Atlanta, Infineon, and Laguna Seca are some of the coolest tracks on earth. VIR is the best track in the western hemisphere, it's very technical. Road America is a good one too and now COTA as well.

Yea these Tilke designed tracks are really boring and almost all are flat. That's why there was such high praise for Austin, because it was so different from others with the immediate 99 feet climb to turn one and then back down to the right. It dips and climbs through the esses, drops down to the hair pin and then climbs down that long curving back straight. There is varying sections of the track too. I love it.

Anyway F1 has always been great and forever wool beer due to great drivers coming in and eventually getting to a great team and sometimes dominating. That doesn't happen a lot so its interesting. Vettel is obviously greater than Alonso by the way

Agreed with everything, especially the last sentence.

Last edited:
Vettel is amazing because in a full season with fluctuating results in terms of car performance, he's only managed to pull a 13 point gap in front of Fernando Alonso, who has only had the fastest car in maybe 1 or 2 occasions. Pssh, unless Vettel can actually race wheel-to-wheel like Alonso then he's still another hot lapper in my opinion.

Vettel is amazing because in a full season with fluctuating results in terms of car performance, he's only managed to pull a 13 point gap in front of Fernando Alonso, who has only had the fastest car in maybe 1 or 2 occasions. Pssh, unless Vettel can actually race wheel-to-wheel like Alonso then he's still another hot lapper in my opinion.
In my opinion, Narain Karthikeyan is the best driver out there, he just needs needs a faster car like the Red Bull. Even Vettel couldn't overtake him in sector 1 at the USA GP. I can't wait for Susie Wolff to replace one of the boys at Williams and show them a thing or two. (Oh wait, can i say boys? :sly:)

It's seemingly so simple yet I can never understand how some drivers are so much faster than me on an oval track.

You know some of the others, Circuit Gille Villeneuve? Montreal, Canadian GP. I'm sure you know infineon from GT4.
I remember when GT5 first came out, i couldn't get a Class A licence as i couldn't match that Jeff Gordon's time on a controller, i missed it by a few thousandths.

Canada is where Jenson Button won from the back of the grid two seasons ago right??

And no, i have never played any of the GT series, GT5 is my first one, can you believe that :cool:

ArtMannn
Well, no more New Jersey it has been confirmed. I think the surface maybe the same but i think its still pretty impressive that an F1 car goes around a 3 to 4 mile track in around 90 seconds and there are millisecond differences to other cars.

@Hugo - Now V8 supercars are my kinda racing, i'll watch those any day, and the UTES too.

@spaz - The Austin Track was partially made up of bits from other Tilke tracks like Turkey and Sepang, there was also bits like the S's from Suzuka or Muggets and Becketts. the only noticeable difference were the elevation changes. So what i'm trying to say is that it is good track because it takes some of the best corners in F1 and puts them onto one track. So i don't get why you say you don't like the Tilke tracks when the best bits are all put in one :D

I know cues have been taken from other tracks but none of those cues are exactly like the originals such add the stadium complex from Hockenheimring and Turn 8 @ Turkey. Who knows if that is even a cue from Turkey. Maybe its just a Tilke signature type of turn, multiple apexes

I know cues have been taken from other tracks but none of those cues are exactly like the originals such add the stadium complex from Hockenheimring and Turn 8 @ Turkey. Who knows if that is even a cue from Turkey. Maybe its just a Tilke signature type of turn, multiple apexes

You can have any combination of corners on a Herman Tilke track a billion times over and each combo will be different. :sly:

Like for example, before the Austin race, Alonso, Hamilton, Vettel had never ever finished on the podium together before. Oh, this must mean we have new drivers...my god its a new podium!

Thats not to say a Tilke track is not a good track. I think Daytona is a great track. Could I only race Daytona the rest of my life? Definitely no....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back