FITT Tuner Car Shootout

I should finish the 490s tonight. Nearly there...

EDIT: Did finish all of them. I'll post up my results at some point today. All were great tunes as usual and several will be added to my garage for seasonal use, etc. :cheers:

Last edited:
Test results: 490PP

1'10.236 - NEWDRIVER2 - Trial Celica SS-II (ZZT231) '03
1'10.505 - DigitalBaka - Gran Turismo 350Z RS
1'10.571 - krenkme - RUF 3400S '00
1'10.648 - trackripper123 - RUF RGT '00
1'10.745 - robrabbitman - Opera Performance S2000 '04
1'10.854 - iainoflo85 - Nismo Fairlady Z S-tune (Z33) '02
1'10.986 - biffa3 - Mine's Lancer Evolution VI '00
1'11.073 - HaoleHatingWRX - Mine's Lancer Evolution VI '00
1'11.145 - xande1959 - RUF 3400S '00
1'11.257 - MotorCityHami - Mugen S2000 '00
1'12.101 - dr_slump - Trial Celica SS-II (ZZT231) '03
1'13.397 - VTiRoj - Nismo 270R '94

NEWDRIVER2 - 1'10.236 - DC 9 - Not much commentary here. Found some understeer in the expected places but not serious. Would like some more forward brake bias to keep the rear tucked in coming into the first corner.

DigitalBaka - 1'10.505 - DC 9 - Made for me, obviously. Having driven the other cars I see that my LSD is a touch too tight. Might loosen that and/or add some rear downforce if I were bumping up to 500PP.

krenkme - 1'10.571 - DC 8 - Hard to make this lose control and equally hard to regain if you do. I do wish it would stop quicker and judging by the noise in some of the corners it may need a slight tweak to camber?

trackripper123 - 1'10.648 - DC 9 - Great turner! Can make it through all the turns no problem. A bit touchy on the brakes but still a very good tune.

robrabbitman - 1'10.745 - DC 9 - Super fun to drive this thing! The car is loose without being a handful to control. Would have liked a touch more rear grip to set a solid lap but then it would be that much less fun. This is probably one tweak away from a good drift tune as well.

iainoflo85 - 1'10.854 - DC 9 - Again, not too much commentary. Very well balanced tune that was consistent and predictable.

biffa3 - 1'10.986 - DC 7 - A bit of understeer on exit as expected for a 4WD car. A good chunk slower (3-4MPH) at the line but makes up for it by being a little faster in the corners. The rear biased BB helps to turn into some corners but did give me some fits. I think the overall balance might be better if it were flipped around, though I didn't test that theory.

HaoleHatingWRX - 1'11.073 - DC 7 - Found some understeer in the last couple corners of the track and the uphill right where I needed to lift slightly causing me to lose some time. Again I think a slightly more forward BB would make a good difference to overall balance.

xande1959 - 1'11.145 - DC 6 - Difficult to get used to this tune. Fast lap was set very near the end of the 10 and would probably benefit a good deal if I had done 15 or 20. The problem was the brakes for me, especially coming into turn 1 where I would almost always have the rear still turning left when I wanted to go right.

MotorCityHami - 1'11.257 - DC 8 - Felt some understeer initially in the corners but slowing slightly more before entry seemed to cure it. The car felt a little unstable but it tightened up after a couple laps as the tires warmed. It was still a bit slippery on the curbs but it was great in the tight middle section.

dr_slump - 1'12.101 - DC 6 - Never before have I met a loose FF! Turn 1 got me off to a bad start on just about every lap as I had a hard time holding it where I wanted to go. The loose rear did help in the tight section though.

VTiRoj - 1'13.397 - DC 8 - Mr. Roj's Wild Ride, Smoke & Noise Edition! This car hates the inside rear tire and will light it up on a whim regardless of gear, speed or motion in general. Difficult to get it to turn at times and I needed to be careful around the curbs coming out of the turns as the rear likes to break loose on them. Difficult to drive fast but so easy to have fun! Like rob's I think this is a tweak from being a great drifter. In fact, if you want to make me one off of this base I might start doing drift seasonals. :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A good bunch of cars, every single one. Although, since when is anything from "Clueless" riding the top of the boards?! I think ND and krenky might need to think about a garage name change. :sly:

Last edited:

NEWDRIVER - 1'10.236 Trial Celica SS-II (ZZT231) '03
DigitalBaka - 1'10.505 Gran Turismo 350Z RS
krenkme - 1'10.571 RUF 3400S '00
trackripper - 1'10.648 RUF RGT '00
rob - 1'10.745 Opera Performance S2000 '04
iainoflo - 1'10.854 Nismo Fairlady Z S-tune (Z33) '02
biffa - 1'10.986 Mine's Lancer Evolution VI '00
Haole - 1'11.073 Mine's Lancer Evolution VI '00
xande - 1'11.145 RUF 3400S '00
MCHami - 1'11'257 Mugen S2000 '00
dr_slump - 1'12.101Trial Celica SS-II (ZZT231) '03
VTiRoj - 1'13.397 Nismo 270R '94

NEWDRIVER - 1'10.236 - DC 9 - Not much commentary here. Found some understeer in the expected places but not serious. Would like some more forward brake bias to keep the rear tucked in coming into the first corner.

DigitalBaka - 1'10.505 - DC 9 - Made for me, obviously. Having driven the other cars I see that my LSD is a touch too tight. Might loosen that and/or add some rear downforce if I were bumping up to 500PP.

krenkme - 1'10.571 - DC 8 - Hard to make this lose control and equally hard to regain if you do. I do wish it would stop quicker and judging by the noise in some of the corners it may need a slight tweak to camber?

trackripper - 1'10.648 - DC 9 - Great turner! Can make it through all the turns no problem. A bit touchy on the brakes but still a very good tune.

More to come when my battery isn't dying... :D

Better with the name of the car ....:)👍

xande1959 - 1'11.145 - DC 6 - Difficult to get used to this tune. Fast lap was set very near the end of the 10 and would probably benefit a good deal if I had done 15 or 20. The problem was the brakes for me, especially coming into turn 1 where I would almost always have the rear still turning left when I wanted to go right.
Thank you for testing and say what she felt about the car and I have to work more on it and I will work although not like this circuit well.👍

1'10.236 - NEWDRIVER2 - Trial Celica SS-II (ZZT231) '03

NEWDRIVER2 - 1'10.236 - DC 9 - Not much commentary here. Found some understeer in the expected places but not serious. Would like some more forward brake bias to keep the rear tucked in coming into the first corner.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A good bunch of cars, every single one. Although, since when is anything from "Clueless" riding the top of the boards?! I think ND and krenky might need to think about a garage name change. :sly:

Thank you DB for that DC score and the time 👍 good that my car not bad in the hand of the three tester until now :dopey:
For the name of the Garage i think it will stay the same because every body know us as the Clueless tuners :lol:
Thank you again sir :D

ND

Last edited:
biffa3 - 1'10.986 - DC 7 - A bit of understeer on exit as expected for a 4WD car. A good chunk slower (3-4MPH) at the line but makes up for it by being a little faster in the corners. The rear biased BB helps to turn into some corners but did give me some fits. I think the overall balance might be better if it were flipped around, though I didn't test that theory.

Cheers for the time and DC score, will give the brake balance a try when the shootout is over. Pace was my main worry with this but glad to see it picked up time through the corners, which was my aim. I'm going to have a play with it when the shootout's over to see how creative I can get in an attempt to rid it of the understeer.

trackripper123 - 1'10.648 - DC 9 - Great turner! Can make it through all the turns no problem. A bit touchy on the brakes but still a very good tune.

Certainly quicker through the corners than on the straight compared to some of the cars I ran. The brakes were an issue for me, mainly because I forgot LSD Decel did the job of stabilising the car off throttle... Oopsie. :P Cheers for the drive, great time.

Thank you for testing and say what she felt about the car and I have to work more on it and I will work although not like this circuit well.👍

You are welcome! 👍 I look forward to seeing any changes you might make. As I said, all of these cars were great, even more so than other shootouts.

Thank you DB for that DC score and the time 👍 good that my car not bad in the hand of the three tester until now :dopey:
For the name of the Garage i think it will stay the same because every body know us as the Clueless tuners :lol:
Thank you again sir :D

ND

Maybe call it "Nearly Clueless"? :lol: You truely have a nice car there my friend. Didn't feel as fast as it was when I was when I was driving it but clearly it is. :sly:

Cheers for the time and DC score, will give the brake balance a try when the shootout is over. Pace was my main worry with this but glad to see it picked up time through the corners, which was my aim. I'm going to have a play with it when the shootout's over to see how creative I can get in an attempt to rid it of the understeer.

I usually find that to be the case with 4WD pace when I drive and test them. They are a little slower than others in the straights but can really hit it in the corners. I'll share my tune with you when I get a chance. I think my BB was 6/4 or 6/3 or there about. I think yours felt better but pick it apart and see if anything helps.

Certainly quicker through the corners than on the straight compared to some of the cars I ran. The brakes were an issue for me, mainly because I forgot LSD Decel did the job of stabilising the car off throttle... Oopsie. :P Cheers for the drive, great time.

*thwap* Step it up son! :D Seriously though, I was pleasantly surprised by how well this turns. I expected to have to fight it in places but never did. 👍

iainoflo 1:04.737 Easy to throw this car around the track.Maybe not the fastest of the bunch,but alot of fun.
Roj Blitz ER 34 1:04.589 The desire for this car to naturally want to drift has been tempered into a race ready machine.Hard braking was tricky,but a very nice fast ride.
DBaka Nismo Fairlady Z 1:04.464 This car in stock form is an ill-mannered tail happy beast.Tuned,its a bit more refined,with lots of low end torque.A bit of trouble for me exiting corners
Tuner Xande FT 565 TWIN TURBO 1:04.413 Car felt very stiff,but a safe and predictable ride.Was very easy test for me.
Trackripper ruf CTR2 1:04.307 Undriveable for me in stock form,this tuned version leaves little room for error.I wish there was more braking power,and it took too long to get back on the throttle exiting turns,but it was a great ride once I got used to it.Lots of fun!
Onboy skyline GTR R Tune r34 1:04.197 I had trouble predicting turn in,and corner exit was tricky.Throttle control was very demanding,and I couldn't sort out the gearbox.
Motor City Hami Mines BNR Skyline 1:03.848 Car felt just a little less planted to the track,and I had trouble negotiating the first double handed turn at the end of the straightaway.Proper gear selection led me to a good fast time.
krenkme Mines BNR Skyline 1:03.772 Speed on demand,no loss of grip anywhere allowed me to dive deeper into braking zones and turns,with entry and exit perfectly predictable.For me this car was an awesome fit.
robrabbit Mines BNR Skyline 1:03.676 Again,plenty of grip to spare,though the car felt a little stiff to me.I seemed to get better results when I treated the car as a 5 speed.Doing so helped me carry more speed through the corner exits,and gave me much faster lap times.Nice car,Rob!
Dr Slump Mines BNR Skyline 1:03.638 Holy cow,what a ride this was.Power sliding at its finest.I needed a couple of laps to get a handle on this very impressive setup.The back end wants to break away,but it was very easy to manipulate it into a power slide.Throttle precision is a must,and the powersliding doesnt slow you down,NAY NAY,I say.You will be very fast in this car after a wee bit of practice.Kudos to the Doc.Awesome build!
Praiano Mines BNR Skyline 1:03.140 Natural fit,just get in and drive.Dont worry,the car will do all the work for you.At first I had trouble sorting my gear choice at the very low speed turns.After I figured it out.the lap times just got faster and faster.EXCELLENT!
DC Praiano 10 Dr Slump 10 Robrabbit 9 krenkme 9 MCH 8 Onboy 7 trackripper 7 tuner Xande 6 DBaka 6 Roj 6 iainoflo 6​

iainoflo 1:04.737
Easy to throw this car around the track.Maybe not the fastest of the bunch,but alot of fun.​
Roj Blitz ER 34 1:04.589
The desire for this car to naturally want to drift has been tempered into a race ready machine.Hard braking was tricky,but a very nice fast ride.​
DBaka Nismo Fairlady Z 1:04.464
This car in stock form is an ill-mannered tail happy beast.Tuned,its a bit more refined,with lots of low end torque.A bit of trouble for me exiting corners​
Tuner Xande FT 565 TWIN TURBO 1:04.413
Car felt very stiff,but a safe and predictable ride.Was very easy test for me.​
Trackripper ruf CTR2 1:04.307
Undriveable for me in stock form,this tuned version leaves little room for error.I wish there was more braking power,and it took too long to get back on the throttle exiting turns,but it was a great ride once I got used to it.Lots of fun!​
Onboy skyline GTR R Tune r34 1:04.197
I had trouble predicting turn in,and corner exit was tricky.Throttle control was very demanding,and I couldn't sort out the gearbox.​
Motor City Hami Mines BNR Skyline 1:03.848
Car felt just a little less planted to the track,and I had trouble negotiating the first double handed turn at the end of the straightaway.Proper gear selection led me to a good fast time.​
krenkme Mines BNR Skyline 1:03.772
Speed on demand,no loss of grip anywhere allowed me to dive deeper into braking zones and turns,with entry and exit perfectly predictable.For me this car was an awesome fit.​
robrabbit Mines BNR Skyline 1:03.676
Again,plenty of grip to spare,though the car felt a little stiff to me.I seemed to get better results when I treated the car as a 5 speed.Doing so helped me carry more speed through the corner exits,and gave me much faster lap times.Nice car,Rob!​
Dr Slump Mines BNR Skyline 1:03.638
Holy cow,what a ride this was.Power sliding at its finest.I needed a couple of laps to get a handle on this very impressive setup.The back end wants to break away,but it was very easy to manipulate it into a power slide.Throttle precision is a must,and the powersliding doesnt slow you down,NAY NAY,I say.You will be very fast in this car after a wee bit of practice.Kudos to the Doc.Awesome build!​
Praiano Mines BNR Skyline 1:03.140
Natural fit,just get in and drive.Dont worry,the car will do all the work for you.At first I had trouble sorting my gear choice at the very low speed turns.After I figured it out.the lap times just got faster and faster.EXCELLENT!​

DC
Praiano 10
Dr Slump 10
Robrabbit 9
krenkme 9
MCH 8
Onboy 7
trackripper 7
tuner Xande 6
DBaka 6
Roj 6
iainoflo 6​
Kinda fixed it. :dopey:

Uhh, dc 10!!! I'm happy! :dunce:

But actually...ehm... when I drove it, it never got sideways into a slide. Not once, nope.
So I can't really comment on it. :dopey:

Not necessarily so.Although lap times play a big part,I didn't decide my DC's simply on that.A good example would be Praiano vs Dr Slump.Praianos car was approximately half a second faster,but the fun time I had with the good Doctors car made both of them a 10,for me.And thank you Dr Slump for your super duper editing skills.Unfortunately,I'm not very smart when it comes to computers.Much obliged!

Praiano Mines BNR Skyline 1:03.140
Natural fit,just get in and drive.Dont worry,the car will do all the work for you.At first I had trouble sorting my gear choice at the very low speed turns.After I figured it out.the lap times just got faster and faster.EXCELLENT!
DC :Praiano 10
Thanks for the test, happy you liked my car. I've tried to make a basic tune, easy and fast for anybody.
Have a good day everybody.
><(((((°>°°°°°°°°

iainoflo 1:04.737 Easy to throw this car around the track.Maybe not the fastest of the bunch,but alot of fun.
Roj Blitz ER 34 1:04.589 The desire for this car to naturally want to drift has been tempered into a race ready machine.Hard braking was tricky,but a very nice fast ride.
DBaka Nismo Fairlady Z 1:04.464 This car in stock form is an ill-mannered tail happy beast.Tuned,its a bit more refined,with lots of low end torque.A bit of trouble for me exiting corners
Tuner Xande FT 565 TWIN TURBO 1:04.413 Car felt very stiff,but a safe and predictable ride.Was very easy test for me.
Trackripper ruf CTR2 1:04.307 Undriveable for me in stock form,this tuned version leaves little room for error.I wish there was more braking power,and it took too long to get back on the throttle exiting turns,but it was a great ride once I got used to it.Lots of fun!
Onboy skyline GTR R Tune r34 1:04.197 I had trouble predicting turn in,and corner exit was tricky.Throttle control was very demanding,and I couldn't sort out the gearbox.
Motor City Hami Mines BNR Skyline 1:03.848 Car felt just a little less planted to the track,and I had trouble negotiating the first double handed turn at the end of the straightaway.Proper gear selection led me to a good fast time.
krenkme Mines BNR Skyline 1:03.772 Speed on demand,no loss of grip anywhere allowed me to dive deeper into braking zones and turns,with entry and exit perfectly predictable.For me this car was an awesome fit.
robrabbit Mines BNR Skyline 1:03.676 Again,plenty of grip to spare,though the car felt a little stiff to me.I seemed to get better results when I treated the car as a 5 speed.Doing so helped me carry more speed through the corner exits,and gave me much faster lap times.Nice car,Rob!
Dr Slump Mines BNR Skyline 1:03.638 Holy cow,what a ride this was.Power sliding at its finest.I needed a couple of laps to get a handle on this very impressive setup.The back end wants to break away,but it was very easy to manipulate it into a power slide.Throttle precision is a must,and the powersliding doesnt slow you down,NAY NAY,I say.You will be very fast in this car after a wee bit of practice.Kudos to the Doc.Awesome build!
Praiano Mines BNR Skyline 1:03.140 Natural fit,just get in and drive.Dont worry,the car will do all the work for you.At first I had trouble sorting my gear choice at the very low speed turns.After I figured it out.the lap times just got faster and faster.EXCELLENT!
DC Praiano 10 Dr Slump 10 Robrabbit 9 krenkme 9 MCH 8 Onboy 7 trackripper 7 tuner Xande 6 DBaka 6 Roj 6 iainoflo 6​
Thank you for testing my cars perhaps my choice of the audi tt has been good but I like the audi brand even so I'm happy thank you:tup:

Last edited:
Thanks for testing while I have been off playing with my Miata. I will build the score sheet tonight and start my testing. Anyone else still wanting to test, feel free to do so.

I just cannot find the time to test :grumpy:. I really, REALLY, want to, but don't stretch it out waiting on me... but I'll still try if I can find the time. Sorry guys :(

490 PP TIMES AND DC
Trackripper Ruf RGT 1:10.084 DC 10
Robrabbitman Opera Performance S2000 1:10.112 DC 10
Dr Slump Trial Celica 1:10.452 DC 9
Newdriver Trial Celica 1:10.471 DC 9
Krenkme Ruf 3400 1:10.876 DC 9
Motorcityhami Mugen S2000 1:10.957 DC 8
TunerXande Ruf 3400 1:11.073 DC 8
Iainoflo Nismo Fairlady Z 1:11.202 DC 7
DBaka Gran turismo 350 Z 1:11.278 DC 7
Haolehatingwrx Mines Lancer Evo 1:11.445 DC 7
Biffa Mines Lancer Evo 1:11.446 DC 6
Rojjie Nismo 270 R 1:13.510 DC 5/COLOR]

Thanks to all the testers , i'm very happy with this results because it's the first time i win the driver choice. This kind of things always incentive me to do my best each car i tune for everybody enjoy more and more this fantastic game.
Thanks again and a good day to all the GTplayers.:)👍

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Meanwhile at the other end of the table... :lol:

Don't understand how my DC is so low for the CTR2 if I'm honest, I didn't feel it was that bad and wayward... Was it? :P

I will try to get through the 575 entries. Don't think I have much planned for the weekend other than changing my brakes and watching hockey. :D

DigitalBaka
I will try to get through the 575 entries. Don't think I have much planned for the weekend other than changing my brakes and watching hockey. :D

As of last night, there is no more hockey for me to watch.

Our good friend Mitch (CargoRat) said the same thing, though with much more....color. :lol:

About 600(ish) miles from home :grumpy:... but I should be home by Monday, so I'll at least try to have times for the 490pp class. :dopey:

Back