FITT Wagon & SUV Tuner Challenge

525PP Entries
===================
ACSR421 (PSN: ACSR421)
Subaru Impreza Sport Wagon STi (Type-I)
Time: 1:21.425
DC: 6/10
I've spent a bit of time following and being followed by this car, so it's nice to get behind the wheel. Unfortunately a little too flighty for me to handle confidently in a short session. Having driven my own '00 extensively, I know with more time I could do the car justice...

===================
CyKosis1973 (PSN: CyKosis1973)
Impreza Sport Wagon WRX STi Version VI '99
Time: 1:20.764
DC: 8/10
My own car, hence the time. I really enjoy driving it...

===================
DigitalBaka (PSN: DigitalBaka, GTP_Dig)
Subaru Legacy Touring Wagon 2.0GT spec.B '03
Time: 1:21.492
DC: 7/10
Nice car to drive, easy and predictable. Another one that runs better on cold tyres. Frustrated me a fair bit during my own testing, quite often I could set a blistering opening lap and then spend 5 laps chasing that ghost, grrrr...

===================
krenkme (PSN: krenkme)
Land Rover Range Stormer Concept '04
Time: 1:22.172
Everything I expect from a Krenkme Tub. Predictable and reliable. Unfortunately, all the Polo Ponies under the bonnet just weren't enough to overcome the cream teas in the boot...

===================
Motor City Hami (PSN: MotorCtyHamilton)
Audi RS 4 '01
Time: 1:21.446
Teutonically relentless. Left the most out on the track, should have been a lot quicker. Like most cars here, it will eventually succumb to physics, but there's plenty of warning and sometimes you just want to let it hang a little...

===================
Onboy123 (PSN: Onboy123)
Audi RS 4 '01
Time: 1:21.085
Most rear drive like characteristics, undoubtedly contributing to the laptime. All pace and grace, I sincerely hope to see this car near the top of the pile...

===================
Ridox2JZGTE (PSN: GTP_Orido)
Nissan Stagea 25t RS Four S '98
Time: 1:22.815
DC: 5/10
Reluctant to rotate whilst off the throttle, making it hard work to set the time I did. Gathers itself up nicely going in, but once you're off the pedals it all stiffens up and wants to go straight. Unfortunately this meant having to lose an extra bit of speed on entry in order to get the nose round for the exit...

===================
Theo777 (PSN: zigatan)
Subaru Legacy Touring Wagon GT-B '96
Time: 1:22.214
Curious car. Nice and stable, a typical The car, enjoyable to drive. Ultimately lacked pace and suffered a little outside rear burn if you hoof it on corner exit. I could've got it down into the 1:21s, but 5 or 6 laps in and I was only fighting over 100's and 1000's of a second. Sorry fella...

===================
Trackripper123 (PSN: Ziz528)
Subaru Impreza Sport Wagon STi (Type-I) '00
Time: 1:21.857
Takes some management of the outside front tyre, which means having to run at 95% potential. Nice and easy to drive around most of the track, but there are too many places where you have to ease the car through the corners. Given time, it could have been faster, drives a lot like my '00...

===================
VTiRoj (PSN: RoJJieE)
Nissan Stagea 260rs Autech Version ‘98
Time: 1:22.624
The Bolshoi Beast 'Bootlegger Edition'. With the sound of Lada parts rattling in the boot, I was forced to don my best ballet pumps. This car is a monster to handle, oversteer is never far away. Sadly my Cabaret days are a faded memory and my toes lack the required twinkle to keep the rear of this car from overtaking the front. Sorry...

===================
xande1959 (PSN: xande1959)
Audi RS 6 Avant ’08
Time: 1:21.558
DC: 9/10
A faultless drive. With a shorter gearbox, this car could have been the fastest Audi here, maybe the fastest car altogether. Well done, Sir...

===================
XDesperado67 (PSN: XDesperado67)
Toyota Caldina GT Four ‘02
Time:
DC: x/10

===================

Last edited:
CyKosis1973 - Impreza Sport Wagon WRX STi Version VI '99
Time - 1:21:739
Nice stable car this one. Line very important though and doesn't leave too much room for error.
DC - 8.0

CyKosis - Impreza Sport Wagon WRX STI Version VI '99

Time: 1'22.137

It took me the 10 laps to find this time again, but mainly this was because I needed to get used to the differences between this one and the ACSR Sport Wagon - this one is faster, but only because it's easier over the bumps, there's not so much brake oversteer, and slightly less understeer through the faster corners. Not to mention it can be slid round the first corner smoothly for a faster exit - it was easier to control in this regard and I was expecting the back end to do this like the ACSR Sport Wagon. Easier and more enjoyable to drive than the previous two.

DC - 8

Please excuse the obvious double post.

Nice times, gents, thanks for the drive and the DC scores. I tested almost exclusively in a private lobby, with grip reduction set to low, so was a bit worried about how it would fair offline with real grip. Seems to be doing ok so far 👍

{Cy}

Please excuse the obvious double post.

Nice times, gents, thanks for the drive and the DC scores. I tested almost exclusively in a private lobby, with grip reduction set to low, so was a bit worried about how it would fair offline with real grip. Seems to be doing ok so far 👍

{Cy}

Oh, I didn't realise we both gave you an 8. 👍

And you've managed to describe some of the cars I've already tested much more eloquently than I could.

Onboy123 - Audi RS 4 '01

Time: 1'21.450

The fastest, easiest, most enjoyable car to drive so far. Nothing negative to say about this car, really - it's fast, it was the only one to get me a 1'21, but it was also easy and fun to drive. No trouble at all, and was just really smooth.

DC - 10

So, due to a double bill of "Sun, Sex and Suspicious Parents", I managed to crack through half the field. I'll post the rest when I'm done, likely tomorrow evening. If you're wondering about the times and driver ratings, I'll give them to you later, according to OnBoy, they're not important :sly:

===================
Audi RS 4 '01
Time: x:xx.xxx
Most rear drive like characteristics, undoubtedly contributing to the laptime. All pace and grace, I sincerely hope to see this car near the top of the pile...

Screw you Cy, that's mean. :lol: Don't make it my fault that you can't read numbers properly you old man. :P I guess this means I'll have to follow the act through and stick with my argument…nah, forget that, give us that data nao. :P

Anyway, to the two of you, thanks for the drives. 👍 I didn't expect the botch tune to be performing this well, if I'm honest.

If I'm lucky, this might be the first shootout I actually win! *touches wood*

Screw you Cy, that's mean. :lol: Don't make it my fault that you can't read numbers properly you old man. :P I guess this means I'll have to follow the act through and stick with my argument…nah, forget that, give us that data nao. :P

Anyway, to the two of you, thanks for the drives. 👍 I didn't expect the botch tune to be performing this well, if I'm honest.

If I'm lucky, this might be the first shootout I actually win! *touches wood*

Well, I'm at work now, so in order to post my times and whatnot, I'd have to open Windows Explorer, navigate to My Documents and my results text file and then copy and paste the relevant information here. I just can't do that right now. I'm mean, I'm meant to be working, I can't really sit around on the internet all day long, I should be doing something productive. Plus, my failing faculties make it hard to get around these days and I forget where I put things, so it could take a reeeeeeeally long time for me to find that file...
smirk.gif

{Cy}

===================
The Bolshoi Beast 'Bootlegger Edition'. With the sound of Lada parts rattling in the boot, I was forced to don my best ballet pumps. This car is a monster to handle, oversteer is never far away. Sadly my Cabaret days are a faded memory and my toes lack the required twinkle to keep the rear of this car from overtaking the front. Sorry...

Twinkle toes? No, you need an iron foot! Just crabwalk the entire track! Powerrrrrrrrr! :dopey::lol:

Note to self: No more "Powerrrrrrrr!" cars for shootouts, as fun as they are to build. :embarrassed:

===================
Audi RS 6 Avant ’08
A faultless drive. With a shorter gearbox, this car could have been the fastest Audi here, maybe the fastest car altogether. Well done, Sir...

Congratulations got 1; 21.855. Thank you

525PP Entries
===================
ACSR421 (PSN: ACSR421)
Subaru Impreza Sport Wagon STi (Type-I)
Time: 1:21.425
I've spent a bit of time following and being followed by this car, so it's nice to get behind the wheel. Unfortunately a little too flighty for me to handle confidently in a short session. Having driven my own '00 extensively, I know with more time I could do the car justice...

===================
CyKosis1973 (PSN: CyKosis1973)
Impreza Sport Wagon WRX STi Version VI '99
Time:

===================
DigitalBaka (PSN: DigitalBaka, GTP_Dig)
Subaru Legacy Touring Wagon 2.0GT spec.B '03
Time: 1:21.492
Nice car to drive, easy and predictable. Another one that runs better on cold tyres. Frustrated me a fair bit during my own testing, quite often I could set a blistering opening lap and then spend 5 laps chasing that ghost, grrrr...

===================
krenkme (PSN: krenkme)
Land Rover Range Stormer Concept '04
Time: 1:22.172
Everything I expect from a Krenkme Tub. Predictable and reliable. Unfortunately, all the Polo Ponies under the bonnet just weren't enough to overcome the cream teas in the boot...

===================
Motor City Hami (PSN: MotorCtyHamilton)
Audi RS 4 '01
Time: 1:21.446
Teutonically relentless. Left the most out on the track, should have been a lot quicker. Like most cars here, it will eventually succumb to physics, but there's plenty of warning and sometimes you just want to let it hang a little...

===================
Audi RS 4 '01
Time: 1:21.085

===================
Ridox2JZGTE (PSN: GTP_Orido)
Nissan Stagea 25t RS Four S '98
Time: 1:22.815
DC: 5/10
Reluctant to rotate whilst off the throttle, making it hard work to set the time I did. Gathers itself up nicely going in, but once you're off the pedals it all stiffens up and wants to go straight. Unfortunately this meant having to lose an extra bit of speed on entry in order to get the nose round for the exit...

===================
Theo777 (PSN: zigatan)
Subaru Legacy Touring Wagon GT-B '96
Time: 1:22.214
Curious car. Nice and stable, a typical The car, enjoyable to drive. Ultimately lacked pace and suffered a little outside rear burn if you hoof it on corner exit. I could've got it down into the 1:21s, but 5 or 6 laps in and I was only fighting over 100's and 1000's of a second. Sorry fella...

===================
Trackripper123 (PSN: Ziz528)
Subaru Impreza Sport Wagon STi (Type-I) '00
Time: 1:21.857
Takes some management of the outside front tyre, which means having to run at 95% potential. Nice and easy to drive around most of the track, but there are too many places where you have to ease the car through the corners. Given time, it could have been faster, drives a lot like my '00...

===================

===================
Audi RS 6 Avant ’08

===================
XDesperado67 (PSN: XDesperado67)
Toyota Caldina GT Four ‘02
Time:

===================

at the end will be the second milesimos

Astonishing times testers, about a second better than what I could manage.

Cy, regarding that front red tire... I did everything I could, no difference whatsoever. :lol: I don't consider the tune fully polished either, because of it. :P

Twinkle toes? No, you need an iron foot! Just crabwalk the entire track! Powerrrrrrrrr! :dopey::lol:

Note to self: No more "Powerrrrrrrr!" cars for shootouts, as fun as they are to build. :embarrassed:
There was plenty of Clarksonesque behaviour going on, a very enjoyable car to punt around, but in order to set a fast lap, you need to adopt a bit of a James May attitude. If Clarkson could have found one for £1500, I'm sure he would have taken it to Africa :sly:

===================
Audi RS 6 Avant ’08

Congratulations got 1; 21.855. Thank you
My pleasure, Sir. A wonderful car to drive. Shorten the gearbox and it'll be a perfect car. It only uses 5 gears at this track, on the start/finish straight, you need 6th gear 👍

Astonishing times testers, about a second better than what I could manage.

Cy, regarding that front red tire... I did everything I could, no difference whatsoever. :lol: I don't consider the tune fully polished either, because of it. :P
It's ok mate, I'm well aware of the perils of the glowing front tyres, every car I tried exhibited this obnoxious behaviour. I'm still not entirely sure what the exact fix is for it, I certainly didn't completely eliminate it on my own car...

{Cy}

VTiRoj - Nissan Stagea 260rs Autech Version ‘98

Time: 1'22.577

Too much oversteer and not enough control with this car just made it the least fun to drive of all the ones I've tested until now, and for all that bravado it wasn't even that fast - I didn't think it was that great, unfortunately. 6th gear got used very little - I was surprised it even had 6 gears when I tried upshifting along the straight just to check if it did, because I never got to use it much. I just found it annoying, and no fun at all.

DC - 5
I guess mad oversteer isn't to everyone's tastes. I can dig that. 👍

And yeah, 6th gear doesn't have much use on Deep Forest. It's just as fast with long gears as it is with short gears.
Rojer Clarkson…doesn't sound all that bad, actually. :dopey:
Yeah. :D
There was plenty of Clarksonesque behaviour going on, a very enjoyable car to punt around, but in order to set a fast lap, you need to adopt a bit of a James May attitude. If Clarkson could have found one for £1500, I'm sure he would have taken it to Africa :sly:
{Cy}
There's one on Auto Trader for £2,500. 💡

450pp results added to results post.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=8296492#post8296492

Started off as quite frustrating, but ended up having a lot of fun!

It appears I entered the wrong car for 450pp. :lol: I deliberately left the back end out like that since I found it fun to just drift out of corners, but it is frustrating if you're trying to set a fast time.

The Oddessy I had in the wings would have probably been better...

450pp Test Results

Tested using DS3 (pad,rather than stick) and Auto Transmission. Cars run for 10 laps each. All aids off except driving line and ABS 1.

Praiano63 - Honda ODYSSEY '03
DC - 9
Time - 1:22:703
Nice drive. Easy to get the power down. A little understeer if you're not careful.

Very nice,it was a big surprise for me too how good is this car , pleasant to drive and also very competitive.
Thanks for your time , hope you've had fun.:)👍

EDIT:
LSD FR:5/15/5
REAR :5/25/5

><(((((°>°°°°°°

Last edited:
Friend requests accepted. Sorry that I haven't been around the last few days. Was speaking at a conference on Thurs/Fri. Too tired last night when I got home to turn on the PS3. I will finish my testing tonight and make the Google docs score sheet.

Results document is now live. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Akr4MBOtjOcqdFdsR1BlTVFqSXZtUjBJN2JlY09FdUE&usp=sharing

And link updated in post #4.

I have four cars to finish and am doing so now. I haven't seen many posts by lilcat89 or killerjimbag so wondering if they are still testing?

@Onboy - I think you will be pleased with the current rankings.

I've completed testing your Audi - it's slightly faster than Onboy's it seems 👍

This might change the rankings?

EDIT: Upon looking at the spreadsheet of the rankings it's NOT knocked Onboy off the top spot. Well done Onboy!

I guess mad oversteer isn't to everyone's tastes. I can dig that. 👍
And yeah, 6th gear doesn't have much use on Deep Forest. It's just as fast with long gears as it is with short gears.

Yeah, that makes sense now. I do like a bit of oversteer - enough for me to control, but which can make me faster - yours was just too mental, sorry.

Last edited:
FITT Tuner Challenge &#8211; 525PP Wagon/SUV Testing by MCH
DS3, ABS1, grip reduction real, all other aids off

I am now even more confused about 4wd LSD settings. I used really low settings but CyKosis and Trackripper ran pretty high numbers with great success. I also noticed that for this track, less weight seemed to win over more power. Feedback below, listed in order of fastest lap time.

DigitalBaka Subaru Legacy Touring Wagon 2.0GT spec.B '03 1:21.404
Blinding color on this car. That is usually my style. Well behaved tune. Whenever I test drive, I am always amazed at the variety of settings that tuners are able to use and make a car fast. I was surprised at the even front/rear suspension settings on this tune, the low amount of camber and no use of toe, front or rear. Only one complaint is that at the limit, the car picks up some mid-corner understeer. I think the lap time could be faster if it had a bit more front grip there. DC 9.0

Motor City Hamilton Audi RS 4 '01 fast lap 1:21.419
DC 8.5 (match with Onboy because I don&#8217;t want my test to be the deciding factor)

ACSR421 Subaru Impreza Sport Wagon STi (Type-I) '00 fast lap 1:21.792
Good early corner rotation. Pretty well balanced and well behaved car.
A bit of on throttle, corner exit push that 4wd cars seem to have in GT5. Also didn&#8217;t fully use the gearbox as I couldn&#8217;t top out sixth gear. Car felt a little sluggish off the corners. With 4wd to put the power down, I think you could have been more aggressive with the gearbox. DC 7

Trackripper123 Subaru Impreza Sport Wagon STi (Type-I) '00 fast lap 1:21.823
This tune was a little bit uncomfortable for me. It was pretty quick, but I could not be super consistent. Once I opened the tune, I think it may be the soft springs with high dampers. The car didn&#8217;t seem to come back to center quickly enough from mid-corner off. On the flip side of that, the car was pretty great through the long sweeping corner on the back of the track. There is one other noteworthy item. How did you get this car to work so well with such high LSD numbers? I am still trying to figure out the 4wd LSD and it seems that a wide range of settings are working. DC 7.5

Onboy Audi RS 4 '01 fast lap 121.927
Get on down to that apex. Good mid-corner and healthy exit speed, but a bit of effort to get the car turned in and down to the apex. Think that the half second difference to my Audi may be mostly in ride height? DC 8.5

CyKosis1973 Impreza Sport Wagon WRX STi Version VI '99 1:22.058
I really like the handling of this car. It still has some of the nasty 4wd habits if you push past the grip limit, but very easy to drive. Just not as quick as some of the other cars. I can&#8217;t pinpoint why. Maybe add more weight and increase power a bit? DC 9.0

xande1959 Audi RS 6 Avant &#8217;08 fast lap 1:22.269
Good tune, but could have been much improved. Most simple to drive of all tunes. Heavy car with only five gears. Could be faster using all six gears. Power level of 87.1% with High RPM turbo might be slower than no turbo, 100% power and weight reduction. DC 9.5

Theo777 Subaru Legacy Touring Wagon GT-B '96 fast lap 1:22.582
One of the most well behaved tunes. This car felt faster than the lap times indicated. After the test drive, when I cracked open the tune I thought it looked great. It only had one bad habit as I left an outside wheel strip on the final turn of every lap, but it didn&#8217;t hinder my ability to get through it quickly. I can&#8217;t quite put a finger on why the lap time was slower than the other cars ahead of it. DC 9.2

krenkme Land Rover Range Stormer Concept '04 fast lap 1:22.970
I like that you took a chance on this ride. You are either brave or crazy or both for entering the Land Rover. I enjoyed the tune so gave it some props in the driver&#8217;s choice ranking. I was surprised at how aggressive I could be on corner exit. The challenge is to get a decent turn in without letting the smoke out of the tires, then carry good speed through mid-corner and hammer down through the exit. I gave it my best shot, but 2035 kg is a lot of weight to maneuver up against 1300 kg Subarus. If the ride was flawless, I would have given the DC a 10, but there is still room for improvement. I would try to balance the corner a little more and make her more aggressive on entry in trade for some of that late corner growl that she currently has. DC 8.5

Ridox2JZGTE Nissan Stagea 25t RS Four S '98 fast lap 1:23.903
This car needs more mid-corner grip. The LSD settings look good. The brake balance looks good. I would recommend a few things. First, play with some negative front toe and see if that increases front grip. Also try more front camber like 2.6, 2.7, 2.8 or 2.9. ARBs seem reversed to me. The car is not rotating around the center, around the apex. I would also try higher front springs and lower rear. All of these things may help a little. There is one thing that I cannot understand for this tune; the 5 speed gearbox. Why did you choose to skip the fully customizable transmission? The five speed close ratio gearbox is not optimal for this track. Second gear is too short so it lives only in high rpms and tops out quickly, leaving a bit of gear lag shifting into third. Fourth and fifth are too tall. Second and third gears need to carry more of the load than fourth and fifth. If transmissions are not in your tuning capabilities, just do the tranny trick that has been posted all over GTPlanet. Even just doing this will create a better box than one of the standard ones. DC 6

VTiRoj Nissan Stagea 260rs Autech Version &#8217;98 fast lap 1:23.947
The exit oversteer was a little fun, but not fast. DC 5

Back