FITT Wagon & SUV Tuner Challenge

If my car seems to over rotate, you damn well leave it alone and just step on it, ok? You'll never experience it again in that again. :lol:

My Stagea is amused by your Audi's inability to rotate.

Battlewagon_Big.jpg

Testing started on 525pp, through 5 so far. Man, these cars must have been frustrating to tune, cos they're frustrating to drive!!

My car was fun to tune in the beginning because I was making huge gains with every change, then the car showed me her true nature. Don't tell your woman (or car) that she has a big butt. She may get angry and break your .... off.

My Stagea is amused by your Audi's inability to rotate.

Battlewagon_Big.jpg

I'm amused as well, if I'm honest. :lol: PD seemed to have made the weight transfer gentler, since extreme spring rates don't seems to force rotation as aggressively as before.

My car was fun to tune in the beginning because I was making huge gains with every change, then the car showed me her true nature. Don't tell your woman (or car) that she has a big butt. She may get angry and break your .... off.

MCH, I thought you had more experience than any of us. Well, that all amounts to naught now, if that last bit holds true. :P

I have a 1:19.750 with the caldina but definitely , i'll not enter with 525PP , the few i've tested are not very fun to drive and to tune. Always the same extreme things to make the car go where it don't want to go.....:yuck:

The 450PP are a real pleasure to drive, i'm very happy with my Odissey and i have a lot of fun driving it, even on TGTT that is far away to be my favorite track...

Good luck to everybody.

Testing started on 525pp, through 5 so far. Man, these cars must have been frustrating to tune, cos they're frustrating to drive!!

I agree 100%. I know some very few 4WD very pleasant to drive at this PP , like the VOLKSWAGEN GOL VI R '10 // 525PP // SPORT TIRES and some other few...

But no wagon. At least for the ones i've tested so far. I hope you'll enjoy the 450PP a bit more...👍:) good luck.

I reserve the right to change my mind post-event, but I quite enjoyed all the cars I tested. Maybe it's because I enjoy driving FWD, maybe it's because I'm old and slow. Hugely enjoyable trying to slide the entire big lefthander, before heading up the hill to the final tunnel...

{Cy}

Thing is, it's all well and good getting the car to slide, but it's not quick is it? :lol: Mine had a really lively rear that I had to tone down in order to make any progress on times.
It's not like it's hard to keep it pointing straight. It's just really easy to slide past the limit. :P
Roj built a Nissan Stagea C/2011 L4 (PANSTARRS) Version ‘98 :drool: Hey, Roj, did you test this thing anywhere near Chelyabinsk..?? :mischievous:

{Cy}

Kind of. We just used the Stagea to import some Lada spares from Russia. We were pressed for time so I put my foot down. :dopey:

Misery loves company. Started test driving tonight and am happy to see that car tested so far struggled with the very same 4wd fat butt wagon issues that I did. There are some good tunes in the group, but 525PP on sport medium tires with cars shaped like bricks and this was a bigger tuning challenge than I thought it would be.

I like Cykosis' car the best so far. It handles really well, but just not quite as quick as some of the others. A good candidate for driver's choice and near the top for lap time.

krenkme - Your Land Rover is equipped with only sport hard tires. I changed to sport mediums, but you may want to take the car off share and fix in the event that other test drivers don't notice.

Last edited:
Motor City Hami
krenkme - Your Land Rover is equipped with only sport hard tires. I changed to sport mediums, but you may want to take the car off share and fix in the event that other test drivers don't notice.

Wait, what? Do you mean we're supposed to have tuned on Sports Mediums? :banghead:.... just kidding. I knew that :dopey:

I think I put them on hard to run the 4WD seasonal before sharing :dunce:. I'll have it switched in about 9 or 10 hours. Thanks for noticing 👍

Wait, what? Do you mean we're supposed to have tuned on Sports Mediums? :banghead:.... just kidding. I knew that :dopey:

I think I put them on hard to run the 4WD seasonal before sharing :dunce:. I'll have it switched in about 9 or 10 hours. Thanks for noticing 👍

I think it may have driven better on sport hard tires? Guess the weight of the vehicle is just too much for softer rubber; squishing it down to be riding right on the rims. :)

I think it may have driven better on sport hard tires? Guess the weight of the vehicle is just too much for softer rubber; squishing it down to be riding right on the rims. :)

This was actually a legitimate problem in GT4. If you put racing rubber on the Range Stormer, it'd actually create so much friction that the tyres would constantly squeal and skip when driving, causing worse performance than on sports rubber. :lol:

Motor City Hami

VTiRoj
This was actually a legitimate problem in GT4. If you put racing rubber on the Range Stormer, it'd actually create so much friction that the tyres would constantly squeal and skip when driving, causing worse performance than on sports rubber. :lol:

Maybe running on the Sports Hards isn't a bad idea :lol:... I had it planned all along :dopey:

... :odd:... so I took the car off share, and it had the sports Mediums on it :odd:... I ran it in a quick race and placed it back in share. Tell me if it still has its hard-on... :dopey:

I need to see this. :lol:

Anyway, we've scared off all the testers, it seems. :lol:

Drive Krenkme's Land Rover in chase cam view and run over the curbing and lines. You can see right through the glass top and see the track lines. Krenkme has entered a hollow Land Rover; there is nothing inside. I think he's figured out how to hack. 2000 kg my butt.

Onboy - Looks like we entered team cars. Both of our Audi RS 4's are painted with a blue pearl and silver rims.

Last edited:
Drive Krenkme's Land Rover in chase cam view and run over the curbing and lines. You can see right through the glass top and see the track lines. Krenkme has entered a hollow Land Rover; there is nothing inside. I think he's figured out how to hack. 2000 kg my butt.

Onboy - Looks like we entered team cars. Both of our Audi RS 4's are painted with a blue pearl and silver rims.
It's the power of Matte Black. :P Black magic from Ye Olde England. :lol:

Team RS4, GO! It should be good fun, seeing as the last time I did one of these team things, I won against Roj. Right Roj, you remember right? ;)

:lol:

Kind of. We just used the Stagea to import some Lada spares from Russia. We were pressed for time so I put my foot down. :dopey:
So I guess you filled it up with Russian fuel and that was actually your Stagea back-firing..?? I thought as much. You do know that people are currently trawling the surrounding area with metal detectors, thinking they're going to find priceless space rocks :mischievous:

I like Cykosis' car the best so far. It handles really well, but just not quite as quick as some of the others. A good candidate for driver's choice and near the top for lap time.
The '00 Impreza and the Legacy are potentially faster, as is the Caldina (DigiB, I'm disappointed in you), but I had to go with this car in the end. If I kept at the rest of them, I could get them down to the same times I was making with the '99. The '99 just had a little more freedom to it, it rotated much more easily and I'd rather manage over than under-rotation.

Glad you enjoyed the old Scooby :)

I need to see this. :lol:

Anyway, we've scared off all the testers, it seems. :lol:

I'm about a 4 hour drive from home at the moment. I'll try to get a couple done tonight, a few more tomorrow and then a monster session on Friday. I'm going to try to give them 10 laps each. I find it takes a little while to get used to driving 4WD.

Speaking of which, is anyone else going to test..?? We've only got 6 testers for the 525PP cars and 11 cars to run. It shouldn't be too much of a chore...

{Cy}

PS - Ironically, the hire car I've been given wouldn't look out of place in this Shootout. They gave me the big, fat torquey diesel too. As a massive proponent of paired back motoring, I'm glad to be driving this bus up and down the country. At 80mph, this thing is barely pulling 2500rpm in 6th gear :sly:

Ford_C-Max_Heck.JPG

DigitalBaka
^ You are a perverse man, krenky....

Love it. 👍:cheers:

You'd think after being married for over 13 years, and two daughters I would have grown up by now :lol::dopey:

Motor City Hami

It's hollow, just like its owners head :D.

I have a hard enough time filling out log books for work, let alone how to make a hacked car :lol:. And even if I could, I don't think I would. :dopey:

Test results for 525pp class

Tested using DS3 (pad,rather than stick) and Auto Transmission. Cars run for 10 laps each. All aids off except driving line and ABS 1.

In time order:-

Trackripper123 - Subaru Impreza Sport Wagon STi (Type-I) '00
Time - 1:21:428
Almost an Audi slayer. Just quicker than MCH's RS4 with not a lot in it.Less stable than the Audi's though, almost feels too light!. Not as easy to drive as ONboy's Audi, hence the slightly lower DC score. Good effort.
DC - 9.3

Motor City Hami - Audi RS 4 '01
Time - 1:21:491
Good car. Copes well with the camber and elevation chamnges in the middle sector. Transmission ok. Good speed too.
DC - 8.5

xande1959 - Audi RS 6 Avant ’02
Time - 1:21:540
Stable car, good brakes, good rotation, good grip. Very competitive. FYI, 0.4 quicker than the normal RS6.
DC - 8.2

DigitalBaka - Subaru Legacy Touring Wagon 2.0GT spec.B '03
Time - 1:21:578
Provided 8 straight clean laps, which is unusual for me when getting into a new car. Very consistent lap times.
DC - 9.0

Onboy123 - Audi RS 4 '01
Time - 1:21:614
The easiest car to drive for me. Good roatation through the corners with good grip. Very enjoyable.
DC - 9.5

CyKosis1973 - Impreza Sport Wagon WRX STi Version VI '99
Time - 1:21:739
Nice stable car this one. Line very important though and doesn't leave too much room for error.
DC - 8.0

Theo777 - Subaru Legacy Touring Wagon GT-B '96
Time - 1:21:763
Good rotation, a little understeer, provided 10 decent laps. Very consistent.
DC - 7.8

VTiRoj - Nissan Stagea 260rs Autech Version ‘98
Time - 1:22:852
This car likes to slide, a lot! If you can manage to keep it in check for a full lap (I couldn't), it'll give a decent lap time.
DC - 7.5

krenkme - Land Rover Range Stormer Concept '04
Time - 1:22:870
Couldn't adjust to this one at all. Gearing seemed very short, i'm assuming to use the power better. Made a difference of a couple of seconds popping the mediums on for me though!
DC - 7.0

ACSR421 - Subaru Impreza Sport Wagon STi (Type-I) '00
Time - 1:23:066
Hard to control this one. Lots of smoke! Understeer and oversteer evident.
DC - 6.5

Ridox2JZGTE -Nissan Stagea 25t RS Four S '98
Time - 1:23:195
Good car this. Not the quickest but easy to drive. Good rotation, good brakes.
DC - 7.3

450pp Test Results

Tested using DS3 (pad,rather than stick) and Auto Transmission. Cars run for 10 laps each. All aids off except driving line and ABS 1.

In DC order

Theo777 - Honda ELEMENT '03
DC - 10
Time - 1:23:583
Does exactly what you want it to, with a little, more than manageable understeer on corner exit. The most stable car through Gambon for me. Well done.

Praiano63 - Honda ODYSSEY '03
DC - 9
Time - 1:22:703
Nice drive. Easy to get the power down. A little understeer if you're not careful.

ACSR421 - Volvo 240 GLT Estate '88
DC - 8
Time - 1:27:634
He He, slidey action in a Volvo estate! My dad used to drive one of these, never saw it do anything like that :-)

krenkme - Nissan EXA Canopy L.A.Version Type S ’88
DC - 7
Time - 1:25:233
Good fast car this one. Be careful not to outbrake yourself though, and not all that easy to get the power down.

Ridox2JZGTE - Lexus IS300 SportCross '01
DC - 6
Time - 1:24:413
Almost as slidey as the Volvo. Difficult to get the power down but fun enough to drive.

Trackripper123 - BMW 120i ’04
DC - 5
Time - 1:23:357
Difficult to tame this one. Rear end likes to step out a lot. Only managed to get into the 1:23's twice out of the 10 laps.

xande1959 - Chrysler PT Cruiser '00
DC - 4
Time - 1:25:992
This does not like corners! Being front wheel drive also didn't help it get it's power down.

Last edited:
Test results for 525pp class

1 left to test, just awaiting FR acceptence from Trackripper.

Have also noticed after testing Xande's entry that it's not a car from the list. He's entered the standard RS6, not the Avant. I won't post his results until I get given the go ahead that it qualifies.

In time order:-

Motor City Hami - Audi RS 4 '01
Time - 1:21:491
Good car. Copes well with the camber and elevation chamnges in the middle sector. Transmission ok. Good speed too.
DC - 8.5

DigitalBaka - Subaru Legacy Touring Wagon 2.0GT spec.B '03
Time - 1:21:578
Provided 8 straight clean laps, which is unusual for me when getting into a new car. Very consistent lap times.
DC - 9.0

Onboy123 - Audi RS 4 '01
Time - 1:21:614
The easiest car to drive for me. Good roatation through the corners with good grip. Very enjoyable.
DC - 9.5

CyKosis1973 - Impreza Sport Wagon WRX STi Version VI '99
Time - 1:21:739
Nice stable car this one. Line very important though and doesn't leave too much room for error.
DC - 8.0

Theo777 - Subaru Legacy Touring Wagon GT-B '96
Time - 1:21:763
Good rotation, a little understeer, provided 10 decent laps. Very consistent.
DC - 7.8

This car likes to slide, a lot! If you can manage to keep it in check for a full lap (I couldn't), it'll give a decent lap time.
DC - 7.5

krenkme - Land Rover Range Stormer Concept '04
Time - 1:22:870
Couldn't adjust to this one at all. Gearing seemed very short, i'm assuming to use the power better. Made a difference of a couple of seconds popping the mediums on for me though!
DC - 7.0

ACSR421 - Subaru Impreza Sport Wagon STi (Type-I) '00
Time - 1:23:066
Hard to control this one. Lots of smoke! Understeer and oversteer evident.
DC - 6.5

Ridox2JZGTE -Nissan Stagea 25t RS Four S '98
Time - 1:23:195
Good car this. Not the quickest but easy to drive. Good rotation, good brakes.
DC - 7.3
chose the AUDI RS 6 ' 02 and you posted. so I will work hard in this AUDI RS6 AVANT ' 08 today sorry I'll have to work hard

Hmm…Having thought about it…isn't the RS6 estate simply known as the RS6 and the sedan variant is the one that's tagged differently?

Hmm…Having thought about it…isn't the RS6 estate simply known as the RS6 and the sedan variant is the one that's tagged differently?

Looked in my garage to confirm it was wrong, and found the RS6 Avant '08 and '02 variants, which definately look wagon like.

I just checked mygt as well, yup, he tuned the wrong car. I assume the tune can be transferred over to the Avant version due to the chassis?

DC - 7.5

Well it is the Battlewagon. It slides to deploy the smoke screen so no one can see it. :lol:

Back