Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2021Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 1,964 comments

Who will win the Driver's Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes, the joke here is that it doesn't state what year of the championship (actually it also doesn't state which championship - driver or constructor - in specific enough language to get past a reasonable lawyer, only stating that "drivers finishing in first, second and third in the championship"), so it could apply to all seasons...

... in which case only Alonso, Vettel, and Raikkonen need to attend as the only (active) drivers to have won the championship, and placed second in the championship, and placed third in the championship, in their F1 careers. As I said, it's a joke.
I think you missed my joke :lol:
I meant that Hamilton shouldn't have to show up at all, as his championship position is 2nd, and not 1st 2nd and 3rd

Last edited:
5y9tp3.jpg

Why would he want to attend that dumpster fire last night anyway?

Not the best start to your new presidency to try pouring gasoline on top of a wildfire.
My favorite part was them giving Bottas the 3rd place trophy and then immediately shooing him off the stage....

View attachment 1099981

"We can't just ignore the rules"
Ahhahahahaha!
Michael Masi: "Hold my beer"

I think Lewis had the right to not go anything if he didn't want to go. I mean I guess it's understandable for Mohammed Ben Sulyayem to say that as he's used to his country not having rights to begin with.....
Statements like that is only going to make it easier for Hamilton to call it a career. I don't think they can even begin to comprehend how damaging that will be to Formula 1 because whatever reason Lewis would give - if any - won't matter. The perception will be that he doesn't trust the sport will change for the better and so there's no reason to stay for future titles that won't have the same value as all the others. Max will then have to carry the load which will be nearly impossible because too many will see him as - through no real fault of his own - an illegitimate champion. That is for the fans that didn't follow Lewis through the exits.
My favorite part was them giving Bottas the 3rd place trophy and then immediately shooing him off the stage....
Valtteri, it's Masi. Exit stage left.

There's got to be a joke about "You Always Leave The Spice" somewhere but I'm too tired to really bother.

Last edited:
Wikipedia
"Max Verstappen exercised his right to use number 1 as the reigning World Champion.
His personal number, 33, remains reserved for him."
Number one will come back, finally?

Wikipedia
"Max Verstappen exercised his right to use number 1 as the reigning World Champion.
His personal number, 33, remains reserved for him."
Number one will come back, finally?
Yeah he said earlier in the season he would run no.1 if he won the title. First driver to run it since Vettel in 2014 I believe.

Is it bad for me to say that Hamilton should retire?
I don't think he should. Lewis still has the speed and the passion to fight for the championship. In fact, I think he'll go into next year as the favorite.

Toto, on the other hand, should probably just walk away.

Is it bad for me to say that Hamilton should retire?
What more does he have to prove at this point? He’s got all the records. He’s got plenty of money. He’s been knighted. What else is there to achieve?

Hamilton was robbed of the title by the very people who are meant to make sure it’s a fair fight. It’s disrespect on a monumental, sanctioned scale. I wanted Max to win, but that was a joke.

Lewis can bow out at the peak of his career as the best there ever was. He can do it with his morals in hand, his head held high and the support and understanding of the entire fan base.

It’s been clear for a while that his heart’s not in it like it was. The regulation change could be pushing his car down the field, and Mercedes has a new poster child in the wings.

I don’t wonder “should he retire now”. My question is, “will there ever be a better time to retire than now?”

Personally, I disagree and believe actually that this is the worst time to be retiring when you take into consideration Hamilton’s ambitions. Sure, some may say that his heart may not be in the game as much as before (I personally feel differently) but more than that he has shown a desire to contribute to causes outside of motorsport for the greater good. As many are aware, these are causes that don’t sit well with some people, ruffling more than a couple feathers regarding their definition of what a “racing driver” should be. That being said, this brings significant exposure to these issues. Once he retires he will undoubtedly have more time to dedicate to his convictions, but he will be out of the spotlight and, regardless of all the records and titles he holds, will be relegated in the media to the “retired driver” category. Irregardless of how he feels about racing, I believe it is in his best interest to attempt to bring change and attention to topics he feels strongly about while he is still in his prime.

What more does he have to prove at this point? He’s got all the records. He’s got plenty of money. He’s been knighted. What else is there to achieve?

Hamilton was robbed of the title by the very people who are meant to make sure it’s a fair fight. It’s disrespect on a monumental, sanctioned scale. I wanted Max to win, but that was a joke.

Lewis can bow out at the peak of his career as the best there ever was. He can do it with his morals in hand, his head held high and the support and understanding of the entire fan base.

It’s been clear for a while that his heart’s not in it like it was. The regulation change could be pushing his car down the field, and Mercedes has a new poster child in the wings.

I don’t wonder “should he retire now”. My question is, “will there ever be a better time to retire than now?”
Well he has a contract for one

Back