Formula 1 Grand Prix du Canada 2017Formula 1 

I thought he was run over though?

If I remember correctly he dropped something, fell over and then got run over. A series of very unfortunate events...

With that being said, marshalls in Canada still have a history of falling over in rather silly and funny ways (e.g. the Vettel incident a few years ago). Not being able to laugh at those is like not being able to laugh at Ericsson's crash in Monaco because of the more serious crashes we've seen in F1 throughout the years.

If I remember correctly he dropped something, fell over and then got run over. A series of very unfortunate events...

With that being said, marshalls in Canada still have a history of falling over in rather silly and funny ways (e.g. the Vettel incident a few years ago). Not being able to laugh at those is like not being able to laugh at Ericsson's crash in Monaco because of the more serious crashes we've seen in F1 throughout the years.

I agree. The comment that I replied to didn't say that though, it said "what is it with Canada and marshalls falling over?". I didn't find it funny as it's only a few years since one fell over and died.

If somebody spun off in the rain and hit a recovery vehicle (as we've seen a number of times in the last decade, both hits and near misses) I wouldn't find it funny if somebody said "what is it with people spinning off and hitting tractors?". It's my opinion, that's all.

So basically, its 2010-2013 all over again

No, just Ferrari being better suited for Canada as everyone else but Ferrari has been saying. I'm starting to believe that there is no holding back pace from Mercedes any more in FP3 other than the few 3 tenths each team somehow finds for quali. So while it may be close, I expect Vettel to be the one to beat.

Pretty close top 7, could be an extremely interesting race unless one team is still sandbagging this late in the game...

Renault said the Test was a one off and more of a right time right place thing, the reason for Renault testing was for Sirotokin which is looking like the Palmer replacement I would say.

He will be I'm sure of it, they've all but said that he's driving 2018. And I think he'll be a better replacement.

But it doesn't matter, because he would be replacing nothing, and that makes him something.

EDIT: Bloody Mercedes sandbagging as late as Q2, the dream of a 6 way horse is dead.

Not really, he may be a few tenths better than Palmer. That isn't really any better for the team in their goal to beat those ahead. For one he hasn't been in an F1 car in some time and the car he tested was far different than the one currently ran.

EDIT: Guess that means Ferrari were sandbagging, by the way the predicted Q3 time by many is slightly less than what Hamilton and Vettel have hit. There is no sandbagging.

Okay - this is getting ridiculous! 1:11.459. Seriously? Matches Senna's pole record. Over 3 tenths faster than Vettel, 7 and a bit tenths ahead of Bottas...

Fastest ever lap around Montreal!

But only 17 out of 31 of the last poles have been converted to wins. 35.1%. The lowest percentage of any track on the calendar.

Okay - this is getting ridiculous! 1:11.459. Seriously? Matches Senna's pole record. Over 3 tenths faster than Vettel, 7 and a bit tenths ahead of Bottas...

Fastest ever lap around Montreal!

But only 17 out of 31 of the last poles have been converted to wins. 35.1%. The lowest percentage of any track on the calendar.

You know the guy who has converted 80% of his poles at Canada to a win?

It hasn't occurred to me until now just how much a difference visually in speed there is between last year and this year. Just looking at Hamilton and Vettel's laps, car was just a damn blur.

Please sort your **** out Ricciardo, this qualifying thing is supposed to be your strong suit and you've lost 3 in a row now...

Back