Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,985 comments
Well, the BMW i4 was the car teased via socials before the Horizon Creatives update, and then the new BMW M2 turned out to be the star car of the update.

So the Lucid might not be the star car, but I have a feeling that it might be it, which would be an understandable but interesting decision to say the least.

An update focusing on US cars without a muscle car headlining it would be a choice, and if we don’t get the new Mustang in this update, then hands will be thrown.

Last edited:
The Lucid Air Sapphire is a super luxury S-class competitor with 1234bhp, weighs 2.4 tonnes and does 0-60 in under 2 seconds.

I'm waiting for them to have so much sound dampening it in that you can basically hear almost nothing. Just to leave room for a future Rolls Royce Spectre (also all electric) which has so much sound dampening that you can really hear nothing.

But yeah, I want to hear the complaints of "there's no noise in the Lucid Air, you forgot to add sound" or something like that :cool:

Edit: By the way, for those who have never done it, I suggest you go and play with the electric cars in FH5. They are such a totally different experience from combustion engines. The way you can blast off the line in a Rivian R1T and leave everything in the dust over cross-country, or the insane acceleration from 100-300 kmph in a Rimac Nivera which comes in a "whoosh" and suddenly you are going far too fast.

I think FH5 does a great job of making electric cars interesting and fun to play with, especially with the electric motor and battery upgrades. 1900 bhp in a BMX iX SUV? Oh yes....

Last edited:
Yeah, to be fair I stopped playing after Horizon Creatives, so forgive any cynicism on my part--I needed to be reminded that the Sapphire was no i4 or iX anyway, lol. I'm lookin' forward to seeing what else they'll be bringing; hopefully they will get around to adding the Dark Horse though I dunno if PG would have had time to scan it before now. It took 'em a year to get the RZ34 in-game, after all.

Damn, props to the dataminers.

Bit disappointed that it sounds like the Lucid Air is the headliner car for the update though. Doesn't bode well for the "theme" of these new cars.
Why not? Its an american brand, american car and the theme is american automotive. Its bodes just fine, I mean for all we know the rest of the pack could be filled with some great american hits like the SVT cobra, a newer mustang and or the C8 z06, some kind of sport truck( like the highly requested Ram TRX, a classic muscle or sports car etc.

Last edited:
🎵 I've got 99 spins, will I get a McLaren P1?🎵

1000006338.png

Unfortunately the spirit of Jay Z wasn't with me, no P1. 😂😂

Last edited:
Why not? Its an american brand, american car and the theme is american automotive. Its bodes just fine, I mean for all we know the rest of the pack could be filled with some great american hits like the SVT cobra, a newer mustang and or the C8 z06, some kind of sport truck( like the highly requested Ram TRX, a classic muscle or sports car etc.
I hope for a TRX (or Mammoth upgraded version) too, but I'd love to see a proper land yacht, with some crazy engine swaps.

The 1960 Lincoln Continental Convertible still holds the record for crazy length/weight among this class and looks pretty impressive too:
1699035400059.png

I would love to get Rolls-Royce back, but the problem is the brand authorities of Rolls themselves. They don't want their cars in games anymore. At least that is what I have heard.

Last edited:
Again, forgive the cynicism; I just remember that car update themes do tend to go a little deeper than what the theme of the Series is. Like, this Series was "Mexican Car Icons", Horizon Creatives was basically "Scientifically-designed driving machines", to go along with BMW's "Ultimate Driving Machine" slogan, and Upgrade Heroes was "cars that fit in a different niche than what they seem designed for thanks to the work of Real Upgrade Heroes". If the theme of the update is "American Innovation", then not only does the Lucid Air fit right in, then so would the Dark Horse or the E-Ray, should Playground decide to make it a Playlist reward car after a month-long early access period with FM2023's release. (Or heck, the cynic in me is wondering if a Tesla might sneak in too, for a double EV update. :P)

Still, this should be interesting to watch.

The theme of the update is big powerful American. Which is why the Sapphire fits right in. As would a 1000bhp Hennessy Mammoth (TRX based upgrade).

The other news is that more road racing events are promised, which I'm really looking forward to. Hopefully they will use a bunch of new routes throughout the main map and stay after this month just like the new oval stayed.

I’m one of those who are confused about Lucid.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I don't hate BEV, nor do I dislike Lucid. And I also understand that the specs of this car match their hype.
But I just got the impression, as others have stated, that it is not like the theme of this update.
My impression from the theme of this update, and their hype, was the addition of more typical American cars, old and new.
However, the Lucid is too refined and doesn't look like an American car in either a good or bad way. That is the reason for my puzzlement.

If the theme of the next update is something like "American Innovation" or "Future of American cars" and the Lucid is added along with cars like the Cadillac Celestiq and the Dodge Charger SRT Daytona Concept, then I would have no I would have felt no discomfort with the addition of this car.

Last edited:
I’m pleased the Lucid Air is coming to the game. It looks like it will be fun to drive around Mexico.

I’m praying to Dua Lipa that the R8 V10 Performance eventually find it’s way from Motorsport to Mexico as it is my all time favourite version of my all time dream car :bowdown:

I’m one of those who are confused about Lucid.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I don't hate BEV, nor do I dislike Lucid. And I also understand that the specs of this car match their hype.
But I just got the impression, as others have stated, that it is not like the theme of this update.
My impression from the theme of this update, and their hype, was the addition of more typical American cars, old and new.
However, the Lucid is too refined and doesn't look like an American car in either a good or bad way. That is the reason for my puzzlement.

If the theme of the next update is something like "American Innovation" or "Future of American cars" and the Lucid is added along with cars like the Cadillac Celestiq and the Dodge Charger SRT Daytona Concept, then I would have no I would have felt no discomfort with the addition of this car.
Yeah, this is what I'm paranoid about 'cause I do kinda wanna see the Dark Horse more than I would wanna see those.

Don't get me wrong, that doesn't sound like a bad theme for the car update, it's just that it isn't what I would think of as the "idea" of the American car--not to mention what you describe also kinda feels like paying lip service to Stellantis in exchange for finally coming through on Alfa Romeo and Lancia. :P

Last edited:
Yeah, this is what I'm paranoid about 'cause I do kinda wanna see the Dark Horse more than I would wanna see those.

Don't get me wrong, that doesn't sound like a bad theme for the car update, it's just that it isn't what I would think of as the "idea" of the American car--not to mention what you describe also kinda feels like paying lip service to Stellantis in exchange for finally coming through on Alfa Romeo and Lancia. :P
Maybe we'd get Tesla? GT7 got a Model 3 recently, and I question that motive. Oh wait... Elon and X.

But, then again, I would love to see a Model S Plaid, with its blistering acceleration.

Last edited:
Back