Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,843 comments
I just remembered, Gamescom runs from August 21st to the 25th this year--and High Performance Dailies goes live on the 15th, six days before. So either they're promoting the update itself there, which would make sense for a long-running game, or this is for the update after High Performance Dailies and we're getting two Series in one update.
I think the game mode will be for a series after High Performance Dailies. If this new mode was ready for High Performance Dailies, they would have hyped it up in the series teaser and on stream - but there's no mention of it.

The announcement also states a "New" game mode. Wouldn't exactly be new if the mode was already released in a update 6 days earlier, now would it...haha.

This leads me to believe this mode (& partnership) will be in a future update, whether that is Series 38 or beyond, who knows. Also, no need for two Series in one update - I'm sure PG can bring a bespoke build of the game to a tradeshow like Gamescom.

As for what the mode might be, I've seen a few people mention a No-Hesi like game mode. I think this is likely considering some of the Eventlab creators PG loves like Velixity, JohCee etc have all dabbled in No-Hesi maps and we know this mode will take some inspiration from that. Would be an interesting addition, not 100% my cup of tea but I'd definitely give it a go.

If I had a choice, it would be the absolutely chaotic Random All race type seen on GTA 5M's Project Homecoming Server. Where each lap of a race, your vehicle changes to a random car from the games entire car list. The great advantage of a race type like this is how granular it could be. Like random cars but it's only Ferraris, or only cars from 1980-1989, or only C Class cars etc etc. Endless possibilities.

For the uninitiated:

I've mentioned this before in this thread but it would be an amazing addition to FH5 IMO. Absolutely crazy, not fair in the slightest, but heaps of fun and easily repeatable. Either way, we'll find out in a couple of weeks what this mode is, so that is exciting in of itself!

Last edited:
It's crazy how Midnight club was one of rockstars flagship games and was ended way back when. And now GTA has basically absorbed midnight club and you elements of it in its racing activities. At times it's more midnight club then midnight club ever was

As for what the mode might be, I've seen a few people mention a No-Hesi like game mode. I think this is likely considering some of Eventlab creators PG loves like Velixity, JohCee etc have all dabbled in No-Hesi maps and we know this mode will take some inspiration from that. Would be an interesting addition, not 100% my cup of tea but I'd definitely give it a go.
Good points on all, I realized the 'probably for next Series' thing while thinking about the Gamescom showing. That being said, I am very out of the loop on No-Hesi, what the heck is that all about and why would it be popular enough to come in officially?

Good points on all, I realized the 'probably for next Series' thing while thinking about the Gamescom showing. That being said, I am very out of the loop on No-Hesi, what the heck is that all about and why would it be popular enough to come in officially?

What i knew it's probably short for "No Hesitation". Weaving around the lanes of toll road/highway in very heavy traffic. Sometimes even under truck trailer
fast and furious style. Popular in Assetto Corsa.

What i knew it's probably short for "No Hesitation". Weaving around the lanes of toll road/highway in very heavy traffic. Sometimes even under truck trailer
fast and furious style. Popular in Assetto Corsa.
So it's a version of Street Race with the traffic count turned up?

Last edited:
So it's a version of Street Race with the traffic count turned up?
Basically a highway street race with a lot of traffic. Here's some gameplay;

It's really popular in Assetto and the only reason I think it's been mentioned is the link between people making it Eventlab - and that PG has said this mode is influenced "by the communities creations". Put two and two together a viola, we have a suitable candidate.

Last edited:
20240803_121123.jpg

It's crazy how Midnight club was one of rockstars flagship games and was ended way back when. And now GTA has basically absorbed midnight club and you elements of it in its racing activities. At times it's more midnight club then midnight club ever was
Midnight Club was about two things - pathfinding and verticality, both require very specific level design. GTA map wasn't built for racing, even if they have it mind during development.

Level design in modern racing games is weakest point, IMO.

The thing that really sucks for new players of this game is that they miss out on a LOT of season exclusive cars. I'm not new to the game per se but I've only been playing it on Xbox for 2 weeks, so I can't get the Terminator Mustang, the S650 Mustang, the Aventador SVJ, Hyundai i30N or the BMW 635CSi. It's a joke. ALL these cars should be accessible to everyone. Not even GT7 is this stingy when it comes to locking content away. There are dozens of cars that people will never be able to sample, and that's a real shame because the game is soo much fun to play compared to Forza Motorsport.

I agree that locking cars behind a time gate is not the best practice. Unless you then have 20 million plus credits to spare to get it in the Auction House, you're done. And sometimes cars which were exclusive when the game was released, can not even be obtained in the Auction House.
Mind you, Motorsport doesn't even have an Auction House. If you don't get it first time round, sorry bud. You're screwed.

ALL these cars should be accessible to everyone
At least, previous seasons cars should come back as activities rewards. For whatever reason, PG putting autoshow cars that cost 100.000cr as activities rewards. Who da hell need those?

Game design in this game is nonexistent, looks like modelers or coders just doing game designer job as salary free side activity.

The thing that really sucks for new players of this game is that they miss out on a LOT of season exclusive cars. I'm not new to the game per se but I've only been playing it on Xbox for 2 weeks, so I can't get the Terminator Mustang, the S650 Mustang, the Aventador SVJ, Hyundai i30N or the BMW 635CSi. It's a joke. ALL these cars should be accessible to everyone. Not even GT7 is this stingy when it comes to locking content away. There are dozens of cars that people will never be able to sample, and that's a real shame because the game is soo much fun to play compared to Forza Motorsport.
Im cool with cars being very rare, especially in the way they are rare like in FH5, because no other game right now has a car market like this, in which there really is just a limited number of these special cars as there’s only so much as players who own them. This, for me personally, makes it a lot more exciting, even though I just started the game about a month ago and miss out on a lot of cars right, some even not being sold in the auction house.
This sure is just my personal approach to the game, and if there’s never again the chance to get these cars, I will be sad too, they should return at some point as a reward in future festival playlists.

I understand both sides of the argument because I missed out on over a year of FH4 seasonal cars and had to collect them later, whereas in FH5 I’ve so far not missed a week and have 100% completion.

In the end in FH4 I collected almost all cars via a combination of years of seasonal championships bringing the old cars back, the backstage pass system and the AH.

The FH4 backstage pass did help a lot, but even that had limits. I’ve probably bought nearly as many rare cars on the AH in FH4 as I got from backstage.

FH5 doesn’t have backstage but at least 30 seasonal cars have been added into the Autoshow and they rotate older rewards into each new seasonal championship.

And if you think about it, it took us long term FH5 players 2 1/2 years to collect everything by completing each seasonal championship. Why shouldn’t new players expect a reasonable amount of effort to collect everything if they are just starting?

So yeah, I see no problem with keeping seasonal cars rare. You can still collect over 650 unique cars even without the seasonal ones which is more than most car games even have in total….

Last edited:
At least, previous seasons cars should come back as activities rewards. For whatever reason, PG putting autoshow cars that cost 100.000cr as activities rewards. Who da hell need those?

Game design in this game is nonexistent, looks like modelers or coders just doing game designer job as salary free side activity.
As far i remember the dev logic at giving which cars as activities rewards in playlist are "we give you cars that can be used for next week playlist" to help new players.

So I went to a car meet yesterday and saw some real beauties I haven´t seen in forever. Like this Countach
Lamborghini Countach & Ford F150.jpg

Lancia Delta Integrale
Lancia Delta Integrale.jpg

BMW M3 E30
BMW M3 E30.jpg

A real life Nissan 200SX Drift car (some swiss drifter apparently)
Nissan 200SX Drift car.jpg

And this cool Golf 3 GTI with a livery that I have made in FH5 some time ago. Even the rims (almost) match 😁
VW Golf 3 GTI.jpg

IMG_20240802_205536.jpg

Last edited:
So I went to a car meet yesterday and saw some real beauties I haven´t seen in forever. Like this Countach
View attachment 1378181
Lancia Delta Integrale
View attachment 1378182

BMW M3 E30
View attachment 1378184
A ral life Nissan 200SX Drift car (some swiss drifter apparently)
View attachment 1378185
And this cool Golf 3 GTI whith a livery that I have made in FH5 some time ago. Even the rims (almost) match 😁
View attachment 1378186
View attachment 1378189
That Lancia is gorgeous.

View attachment 1378181
Lancia Delta Integrale
View attachment 1378182

BMW M3 E30
View attachment 1378184
A ral life Nissan 200SX Drift car (some swiss drifter apparently)
View attachment 1378185
And this cool Golf 3 GTI whith a livery that I have made in FH5 some time ago. Even the rims (almost) match 😁
View attachment 1378186
View attachment 1378189
Wow, especially that Nissan 200SX with the livery, and the Countach of course👌👌
And great work with the Golf👍

VXR
Appreciate the animation for the RF roof.

Is that a first in FH5?
I seem to recall the Portofino having a roof animation?

Google tells me 4 cars had roof animations at launch, but I didn't find the full list during a quick search.

GT7 felt way more stingy due to the high prices of cars. This game has just given out all the new reward cars with like an hour of effort every week for years. They want you on a FOMO retention train.

The cars do come back, but randomly cycle back around in future seasons as the higher 40 point season reward or 160 point series reward that takes more time to get than their debut.

Last edited:
I understand both sides of the argument because I missed out on over a year of FH4 seasonal cars and had to collect them later, whereas in FH5 I’ve so far not missed a week and have 100% completion.

In the end in FH4 I collected almost all cars via a combination of years of seasonal championships bringing the old cars back, the backstage pass system and the AH.

The FH4 backstage pass did help a lot, but even that had limits. I’ve probably bought nearly as many rare cars on the AH in FH4 as I got from backstage.

FH5 doesn’t have backstage but at least 30 seasonal cars have been added into the Autoshow and they rotate older rewards into each new seasonal championship.

And if you think about it, it took us long term FH5 players 2 1/2 years to collect everything by completing each seasonal championship. Why shouldn’t new players expect a reasonable amount of effort to collect everything if they are just starting?

So yeah, I see no problem with keeping seasonal cars rare. You can still collect over 650 unique cars even without the seasonal ones which is more than most car games even have in total….
It will be interesting to see FH4 after the final seasonal event, as that will likely also happen at the end of life for FH5. We know they've said that all seasonal exclusives will be available via Backstage Pass, with weekly activities rotating to award Passes, but we don't know how difficult or easy getting these passes will be. In any event, players that joined FH4 late should now have the opportunity to fill in the gaps. (Personally, I'll be happy to finally get that ****ing 1974 Toyota Corolla which is the only car I'm missing apart from preorder cars :lol: )

And the same should eventually apply to FH5 at end of life. If it is 6 years like FH4, that would happen at the end of 2027. I think FH5 will get Backstage Passes added once the new car content comes to an end.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see FH4 after the final seasonal event, as that will likely also happen at the end of life for FH5. We know they've said that all seasonal exclusives will be available via Backstage Pass, with weekly activities rotating to award Passes, but we don't know how difficult or easy getting these passes will be. In any event, players that joined FH4 late should now have the opportunity to fill in the gaps. (Personally, I'll be happy to finally get that ****ing 1974 Toyota Corolla which is the only car I'm missing apart from preorder cars :lol: )

And the same should eventually apply to FH5 at end of life. If it is 6 years like FH4, that would happen at the end of 2027. I think FH5 will get Backstage Passes added once the new car content comes to an end.
I recall a list being posted a few weeks back of all the FH4 cars coming to the Backstage once this season ends and cars can be purchased for Forzathon Points rather than vouchers. It should be googleable...

After having missed a lot of time with FH4 when it was mainstream and having had to catch up once the playlists started being cycled, I'm currently on 15 cars remaining including 3 Preorder cars. I'm fairly certainly they will all be coming except for the Porsche Preorder car which is the reward for winning Eliminator iirc.

I do expect to put in a reasonable amount of effort to collect everything, but I don't know how that's related to missing out on season exclusive cars. There's nothing I can do to obtain the cars that have not been added in to the Autoshow.

I feel like it might be an unpopular idea.. but I wouldn’t be against PG releasing each seasons new to Forza cars as a car pack at the end of each season. I was overseas for a few months and missed basically 3 seasons worth of cars, who knows when I’m going to be able get what I missed out on. The auction house is a warzone when it comes to popular cars as well, not going waste hours trying to find a GR Yaris pop up for example.

The best idea in the long run for the end of FH5's lifespan is to have all previously "hard-to-find" and reward cars from Horizon Stories (minus any Forza editions) available in the Autoshow.

That way they could stop these "come-and-go" mechanics in the current game and plan to never implement them in FH6.

Time to speculate High Performance Dailies.

The main theme may revolve around entry-level performance cars, new and old (well, with more emphasis on new).

Playlist:
  • 2023 Honda Civic Type-R (Spotlight Car)
  • 2014 Peugeot 208 GTI
  • 1999 Honda Civic Si
  • 2022 Hyundai Elantra N

Other potential cars that may fit the theme include:
  • 1993 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution III GSR
  • 2020 BMW M2 Competition
  • 2019 Toyota 86 TRD SE
  • 1997 Mitsubishi FTO GP Version R
  • 1995 Honda CR-X Del Sol
  • 2014 Peugeot RCZ R
  • 2013 Honda Fit
  • 2019 Mercedes-Benz A45 AMG
  • 2023 Toyota GR Corolla
  • 2010 Porsche Boxster S
  • 2015 Porsche Boxster GTS
  • 2022 Ford Puma ST-Line X (Wild card guess)

IDT another pack will come out.

Last edited:
Time to speculate High Performance Dailies.

The main theme may revolve around entry-level performance cars, new and old (well, from the 2010s at oldest).

Playlist:
  • 2023 Honda Civic Type-R (Spotlight Car)
  • 2014 Peugeot 208 GTI
  • 2013 Volvo C30 Polestar
  • 1999 Honda Civic Si
  • 2022 Hyundai Elantra N

IDT another pack will come out.
Car Pack (speculation as well):
  • 2019 Mazda 3 X Burgundy Selection
  • 1995 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution III GSR (returning from FM8)
  • 2013 Toyota Crown Athlete G Package
  • 2000 Volkswagen New Beetle RSi

I do want to amend something in my last prediction; I should have remembered the post-facelift BMW M5, I was trying to think of another likely fit for the idea of 'low-rarity, high-performance' when I arrived at the new-gen Porsche 911 GT3 RS, and it completely escaped me as a result; this, therefore, is my pick for the Spring car this Series, if not my pick for the headliner.

Ideally this would be the 2021 M5 Competition; we already have Competition variants of the M2, M3, M4 and M8, so adding the Competition M5 would complete that set. Plus, if the game's next partnership in the update after this is with a racing series, it'd be a neat way to start bridging the gap between High Performance Dailies and this (possibly) sponsored update.

Back