Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,870 comments
I finally made it onto an AR12 Gaming live stream last night! I watched it for much longer than I expected so I didn't get to sleep until 2AM, but I'm happy because I was able to see the new Ford Focus ST being unlocked and driven in real time. Never in my life have I done such a thing, but I'll probably be doing it a lot more now. Nick even read out one of my comments, but it didn't make it into the YouTube video. Still, you'll be able to see my name a few times in the chat.

Last edited:
I finally made it onto an AR12 Gaming live stream last night! I watched it for much longer than I expected so I didn't get to sleep until 2AM, but I'm happy because I was able to see the new Ford Focus ST being unlocked and driven in real time. Never in my life have I done such a thing, but I'll probably be doing it a lot more now. Nick even read out one of my comments, but it didn't make it into the YouTube video. Still, you'll be able to see my name a few times in the chat.

That new Focus ST was a proper way to start the new season, especially with the cool dress-up parts it has, and plus you can build it to become a beast at the peak of S1 class with an all-wheel drive swap while keeping the original engine.

I gave AR12 a chance but all he does is "build" over powered cars. Everything has to be over 1000 horsepower for some reason.
If you built a grippy fast car, you wouldn't be able to have skill issues so easily....

Haven't played the game in a long while and was wondering if the Yaris and GR86 show up in the auction house at all?

It seems the new Focus has a dsg fart sound, so I made it Awd, 7-speed trans and gave it the factory gear ratios, race differential and moved all the power to the front. Now it’s perfect.

I know we should talk about this in the dedicated thread but R4GD33204's Super Twisted Noodle Circuit was fun to drive and an impressive achievement, considering its smoothly banked surfaces were, er, built from the ground up on EventLab Island. More like this please.

Now, my early candidate for FH6 cover car, and Gamescom is around the corner... And I wouldn't say no to a return to Europe.

Noooooooooooooooooo.... The V10 sound was so special. Why did they go for a V8? :( :( :(

Edit: Why not this as cover car?
1723992879879.png

2107 hp
1723992866173.png

Last edited:
Last edited:
You're out of luck because CSR 2 got it instantly: https://www.igcd.net/vehicle.php?id=353719

Why? Mobile games bring in the big bucks because of their monetization methods. They scoop them up faster as they have all the money in the world.

You are likely going to wait until 2026 or later to see this materialize in other games.

Last edited:
:
You're out of luck because CSR 2 got it instantly: https://www.igcd.net/vehicle.php?id=353719

Why? Mobile games bring in the big bucks because of their monetization methods. They scoop them up faster as they have all the money in the world.

You are likely going to wait until 2026 or later to see this materialize in other games.

It’s also far easier to model cars for some mobile game. When I played Asphalt it had tons of cool cars that would be great in Forza, but were also a huge pain to just get without spending money.

Last edited:
I know we should talk about this in the dedicated thread but R4GD33204's Super Twisted Noodle Circuit was fun to drive and an impressive achievement, considering its smoothly banked surfaces were, er, built from the ground up on EventLab Island. More like this please.
I really enjoyed this circuit, great fun! Reminded me so much of Rage Racer from years ago.

:

It’s also far easier to model cars for some mobile game. When I played Asphalt it had tons of cool cars that would be great in Forza, but were also a huge pain to just get without spending money.
tbh zynga were lucky as they have the cad file for the car and just call it a day

tbh zynga were lucky as they have the cad file for the car and just call it a day
And because CSR 2 is a drag racing game, it means they can ignore most details such as potentially modeling the interior, as well as deeper aspects such as sounds and physics.

Even with an exclusivity arrangement, mobile game licensing is distinct from video game licensing. Its appearance in CSR 2 has no bearing on whether it can or can't appear in any Forza, GT, or any other console or PC racer.

And because CSR 2 is a drag racing game, it means they can ignore most details such as potentially modeling the interior, as well as deeper aspects such as sounds and physics.

I've played CSR 2 few years ago and they actually modelled the interior and engine bay/trunk on the cars. The external studio that makes CSR 2 car models also done some works on FH4 cars models aswell.

Even with an exclusivity arrangement, mobile game licensing is distinct from video game licensing. Its appearance in CSR 2 has no bearing on whether it can or can't appear in any Forza, GT, or any other console or PC racer.
But even then, the Lamborghini Temerario will take a while for it to be featured in Forza or even Gran Turismo as it is a relatively new car - unless they have early access like the folks who develop CSR2.

Licensing means one thing, getting the permits to the cars, but something has to be built from scratch after getting around it.

Assuming it takes Turn Ten/Playground to build a car in nine months (same as with Polyphony), then it could take roughly that long to a year to expect the Lamborghini Temerario in a Forza game.

But even then, the Lamborghini Temerario will take a while for it to be featured in Forza or even Gran Turismo as it is a relatively new car - unless they have early access like the folks who develop CSR2.

Licensing means one thing, getting the permits to the cars, but something has to be built from scratch after getting around it.

Assuming it takes Turn Ten/Playground to build a car in nine months (same as with Polyphony), then it could take roughly that long to a year to expect the Lamborghini Temerario in a Forza game.
Which would be 2025, unless I've got my calendar from Wish again.

Aside from the occasional late specification decision (usually based on what standard and optional materials will be offered), a car's look is usually finished no less than six to eight weeks before it's revealed - to allow the time for photography, all the PR copy to go back and forth with the various departments, and the final brochures to be printed ahead of the "here it is". The process of capturing it for a game can happen months before it's revealed, depending on whether the manufacturer wants that to happen or not.

In fact there's very little reason a vehicle can't be revealed in a game simultaneously with its real-world reveal, aside from the fact that it doesn't actually happen all that often. Of course we also all know that it has happened previously, and we do see some very short lead times in some cases - such as the GR Supra (unveiled January 2019, in GTS in March 2019, on sale May 2019), GR Yaris (unveiled January 2020, in GTS and on sale in November 2020), and GR86 (unveiled April 2021, in GTS in July 2021, first on sale in November 2021) in GT Sport.

Last edited:
So, the Horizon Hide and Seek reveal is tomorrow. Do we expect to see anything related to Hidden Horizons as a Series there? Like, a teaser of the Playlist cars?

Thought I'd immortalize my IRL car in some form before I sell it
9fc754b0-b4b2-4021-8145-664a956a830c.png

And get something with better reliability (it's not a Raptor, but it's the same size)
ae06c4bd-bf4f-43f0-bb9b-464f870afbf5.png

Back