Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,870 comments
Funny how Gran Turismo confirmed a Michael Jordan collab over a decade ago and it has never materialized yet this happens in under a month

The hide and seek mode seems pretty fun, but the new partnership is very silly to me.
Just think of it like the Barbie one. Barbie cars were given away free to promote the movie, whereas this new Luca car is being given away free to promote his new shoe brand.

I'm just hoping we get a Michael Jordan themed car selection for the next season, since he has some interesting cars in his collection.

Oh, for some reason I thought it was coming September 15th, oops. Guess that possibly leans to some kind of Jordan Car Pack.

I wouldn't get your hopes up too much - I suspect if they had more to show of the partnership they would have, because at this point it's just a car with Jordan logos on it and a branded suit. It's a little bit more than, say, the Cheetos Raptor or OPI Ford GT, as the car has some new bodywork, but even the Fallout and Cyberpunk tie-ins with entirely new cars didn't really go further than those single cars.

I wouldn't get your hopes up too much - I suspect if they had more to show of the partnership they would have, because at this point it's just a car with Jordan logos on it and a branded suit. It's a little bit more than, say, the Cheetos Raptor or OPI Ford GT, as the car has some new bodywork, but even the Fallout and Cyberpunk tie-ins with entirely new cars didn't really go further than those single cars.
True; I get the sense they'll remind us of the partnership again at the stream for Hidden Horizons, along with a playthrough of the mode to remind us of that too.
After reading this article, it turns out that the traffic cars that hider will be using are 4 cars that's already available in game.
One thing that's interesting to note is that the Hiders' car selection is essentially all of the big-ass off-roaders you see in traffic, there's no asphalt cars in there to speak of (i.e. no Galant and no Vocho), and all of them are from the Autoshow. That's going to really harm the mode's longevity if those cars are all you get for the entire duration of the game's remaining lifespan, the AWD Seeker cars are going to be the meta for sure.

Fully predicting this is either going to be something you play in your Convoy for the hell of it or die off within the first two months.

That is... actually quite a realistic scenario for how a game might play out, wow.

My notes:
- The countdown between the final rush for the finish and the beginning of the round seems too long. I get that it's for the tense cat and mouse feel of the mode but I'd shorten that by two minutes.

- The chase breaker seems WAY overpowered. Since the cooldowns don't change between uses (i.e. after two uses the chase breaker should take longer to cooldown), if you can't find a Hider within 40 seconds after he uses it on you, he's just gonna use it again the next time you find him. Does the Seeker Ping counter the ghosting, or is it ineffective until it goes away?

-How's the Seeker detection bar work? Does it go up faster the more Seeker eyeballs are in range of the Hider? If so, this could tip the odds in their favor if they catch a Hider off-guard.

- New Forza links just for this mode does show some substantial effort. Do they give away the Hider's position if they use one? Probably not.

- That compass looks a LOT like the compass you got in Assassin's Creed multiplayer, specifically in modes like Hunted, the big map deathmatch.

Just think of it like the Barbie one. Barbie cars were given away free to promote the movie, whereas this new Luca car is being given away free to promote his new shoe brand.

I'm just hoping we get a Michael Jordan themed car selection for the next season, since he has some interesting cars in his collection.
who knows we can get Nike Air Jordans shoes for character customization in next update

Last edited:
I would say adding one or more 23XI Racing Camrys to the game would be a slam dunk (pun semi-intended), but I'm wondering if PG would need to procure a NASCAR license before they could, since the rights to the current Cup Series car design and engineering are owned by NASCAR.

Michael Jordan is known to famously own a Hennessey Venom F5.

Michael Jordan is known to famously own a Hennessey Venom F5.
Not just any Venom F5--a Venom F5 Revolution, the roadster variant. If T10 got into Jordan's car collection because of this collab (which, highly unlikely I know but the last time we had a break between car packs, the first one back turned out to be the result of a collab), that would be something they'd have to at least get PG to cram into the Playlist. There's also a 1989 911 in there, the SlantNose with pop-up headlights (and a Cadillac XLR-V) but, eh.

Personally I think Hidden Horizons is going to be an update focusing on cars where performance is hiding in plain sight, but I wouldn't know where to begin looking on that one.

Not just any Venom F5--a Venom F5 Revolution, the roadster variant. If T10 got into Jordan's car collection because of this collab (which, highly unlikely I know but the last time we had a break between car packs, the first one back turned out to be the result of a collab), that would be something they'd have to at least get PG to cram into the Playlist. There's also a 1989 911 in there, the SlantNose with pop-up headlights (and a Cadillac XLR-V) but, eh.

Personally I think Hidden Horizons is going to be an update focusing on cars where performance is hiding in plain sight, but I wouldn't know where to begin looking on that one.
If we're diving into celebrities car collections then I vote we visit Jay Leno for a couple of in game additions bud.

I think they may give us a surprise and increase the number and frequency of traffic cars in the game (and also those models usable in hide and seek mode) when the next season turns up. Just having 4 usable traffic cars in hide and seek is a bit limited after all.

Sounds like a perfect chance for sleepers....
Yeah--hence, me not knowing where to look for my predictions. Like, yeah I feel like I have an idea for how PG decided what cars went into the High Performance Dailies restriction--car must have an engine no larger than a V8 that puts out about 200 HP or more, be either a hatchback, a four-door or have large enough trunk space to carry groceries (or a combination of all three), have an FF or AWD drivetrain (with exceptions made for FR if the car has enough driving assists to count), and at least lean towards asphalt racing, no off-roaders allowed--but when it comes to sleepers, I've got no clue how to begin.

I think they may give us a surprise and increase the number and frequency of traffic cars in the game (and also those models usable in hide and seek mode) when the next season turns up. Just having 4 usable traffic cars in hide and seek is a bit limited after all.
Oh heck no, I've got enough troubles with traffic coming out of nowhere as it is! Increasing the amount of traffic at any one time would cause me great suffering indeed! :P

welcome home camry trd
Forza Horizon 5_2024.08.22-23.08.png

Yesterday, I impulse purchased the 3 paid car packs I didn't have. I had a hunch the Toyota Sera could be good, as light weight, fairly aerodynamic looking, FWD, seems like a formula that is generally good in Forza.

toyota sera bahia 500 rivals.jpg

That's the rivals for Bahia, the first track in the road racing section.

Yesterday, I impulse purchased the 3 paid car packs I didn't have. I had a hunch the Toyota Sera could be good, as light weight, fairly aerodynamic looking, FWD, seems like a formula that is generally good in Forza.

View attachment 1383183

That's the rivals for Bahia, the first track in the road racing section.
As this is Mexico, I'm just going to say...
Que?
Sera?
Sera.

Want to bet they'll lock a car a lot of people are waiting on behind progression on that naff new hide and seek mode just to get people to play it?
According to this fm.net article, it doesn't look like any car will be locked behind it. Unless PG pulls a fast one, think it'll just be achievements/accolades and badges.

https://forza.net/news/forza-horizon-5-gamescom-2024

Rewards.​

Besides being a fun new game mode to try, there are other perks that come when completing sessions of Hide & Seek.
First, Hide & Seek will have its own separate progression track. You will be able to earn XP exclusive for this game mode by completing games. Leveling up will earn you new badges when you reach certain thresholds.
If you play this game mode frequently, you will build a play streak. When you do, bonus XP will be earned with every completed game, allowing you to level up faster.
Finally, new accolades tied to Hide & Seek will be added to the game for players to unlock while discovering this new multiplayer experience! A set of achievements will be released in a future update in October.
Hide & Seek will be available when the Hidden Horizons series goes live on September 10; we hope you enjoy queuing up for games in this new mode or joining with your friends as a convoy!

According to this fm.net article, it doesn't look like any car will be locked behind it. Unless PG pulls a fast one, think it'll just be achievements/accolades and badges.

https://forza.net/news/forza-horizon-5-gamescom-2024
Accolades are probably exactly where they can pull a fast one, but I bet if they do give them car rewards they'll either be old Hard-to-Finds or more expensive Autoshow cars, like the ones that came with either the January or December updates. Nothing exclusive. That way they can remove some cars from that pool and encourage people to play it! :P

Back