Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,311 comments
And also great that the next track has been announced for Update 13 in mid October :)
If it's not Bathurst.

ImpishHonoredGuineafowl-size_restricted.gif.4aba58cbd1672f154edf90a87c138df4.gif

Well October does kind of coincide with.....

Huh I didn't even realize that. That would be perfect timing and if that is coming next maybe they squeeze some V8 supercars into that update too. Even if it's just two of them

It's a set of middleware drivers for the newest Logitech wheels which improves the amount of detail given. It does need specific support for it though, and seems to be working.
This is significant because it's the first native Series X game to have it. Up until now the SDK was only for Xbox One titles (and backwards compatibility).

This means it's theoretically possible for F1 and WRC to have it, which I will bring up at work.

Trueforce feels great with my G pro DD, probably the best implementation I have experienced so far. You can adjust the levels for Engine, Tires, Rumble Strips, and Collisions individually in addition to the overall true force level, and they can also be overdriven it seems since the default 100 is in the middle of the slider for them. The detail from the true force really elevates the core driving experience with the wheel which was already feeling pretty good to me before.

Seen some files from the patch shared on the web, and there's newly designed logo assets for this in there:

Sunset Peninsula
That would line right up with the leaked list from earlier this year. The only other track that's on there not in game yet is Dubai...but still hope we get Bathurst and COTA sooner or later

New track every 2 months - I'll take it, even it is FM7 ports.

2-3 cars each month - leaves a lot to be desired.

I'm assuming this is due to the live team on FM being much smaller than FH, and perhaps there being a bigger focus on environment artists in the team (to bring these tracks back) as opposed to vehicle artists.

But it feels weird to see so many cool cars come to FH5 - and almost none of them come to FM.

It seems we're missing some of the collaboration we saw when FM7/FH4 and FM6/FH3 were release content regularly. A bit of a shame if you ask me.

More of this PG/T10 please:

Last edited:
Only three "new" cars felt a little bit underwhelming. At least one per week would've been nice. But on the other hand the ones added are really good. The Penzoil R33 in particular looks amazing!

It's nice to have Road Atlanta back, even though it's not one of my favourite tracks. I look forward to examining how it'll feel with the improved physics, compared to FM7.

And, as always, the graphics- and bugfixing-pixies has been hard at work at T10. Nice to see that they fixed the issue with practice ending too early in the single player open tour. Here's to hoping my game won't crash every time I try to download a livery this month.

So, with updated logos being added for Sunset Peninsula it seems like it'll return soon, which is very good news. I'd love to see the lore tracks and fan favourites from FM1-4 being added.

Bonus points to T10 for giving us an update regarding when the next track will arrive! Roadmap updates are essential for keeping the fanbase happy.

I also noticed the featured tour is longer this month, compared to last month. 8 races every week, instead of just 4. In my opinion that's positive, as I'll have one average a race per evening to complete.

I almost wish I had a Logitech wheel, now that Trueforce has been added. My Thrustmaster TS-XW will have to do for now though.

Edit:

Good news! It seems like Mike Caviezel is back at T10. Perhaps this will be a return to form in the sound department!
Screenshot_20240813-023653_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Only three "new" cars felt a little bit underwhelming. At least one per week would've been nice. But on the other hand the ones added are really good. The Penzoil R33 in particular looks amazing!

It's nice to have Road Atlanta back, even though it's not one of my favourite tracks. I look forward to examining how it'll feel with the improved physics, compared to FM7.

And, as always, the graphics- and bugfixing-pixies has been hard at work at T10. Nice to see that they fixed the issue with practice ending too early in the single player open tour. Here's to hoping my game won't crash every time I try to download a livery this month.

So, with updated logos being added for Sunset Peninsula it seems like it'll return soon, which is very good news. I'd love to see the lore tracks and fan favourites from FM1-4 being added.

Bonus points to T10 for giving us an update regarding when the next track will arrive! Roadmap updates are essential for keeping the fanbase happy.

I also noticed the featured tour is longer this month, compared to last month. 8 races every week, instead of just 4. In my opinion that's positive, as I'll have one average a race per evening to complete.

I almost wish I had a Logitech wheel, now that Trueforce has been added. My Thrustmaster TS-XW will have to do for now though.

Edit:

Good news! It seems like Mike Caviezel is back at T10. Perhaps this will be a return to form in the sound department!
View attachment 1380489
He did a great job turning GT around in that regard. T10 took a huge nosedive after he left, remember how abysmal FH4s sounds were? FH5 was a nice improvement but I hope they can make big strides now

So, we're only missing Long Beach and CTMP in order to have the complete IMSA calendar (we do not need to talk about that clown show at Detroit)
I think Long Beach will come eventually since it was in the last couple of FMs and if T10 are feeling like completionists they will add CTMP down the road too. Then bam that will basically be the full IMSA calender. As far as Mike the sound guy coming back it couldn't have been better timing. T10 have been cranking in terms of fixing this game in many different areas but content and audio are definitely top highlights needed to be worked on still. Now let's see if we can get a full on car audio update before the years over.

Last edited:
More Super/JGTC cars please. Found the R33 a really nice handling car, esp. when you can nail corners back to back.
FMR33.jpg

Edit* Also found Road Atlanta to be more challenging than I remember. It looks as if they've tightened up the corners a bit and trying to put power down through the curbs can upset the cars easily unlike FM7 where you could use them without issue to maintain speed. Elevation changes seem more apparent & affect the faster cars trying to keep power down, esp. cresting the hill at Turn 11. Ultimately, in FM7, I could power through the circuit pretty well with cars I'm familiar with, but now, the track isn't as forgiving & throttle control is more necessary than before to putting in solid laps. Turn 12 for example, was pretty easy to get through before compared to this update, you can feel the car becoming unsettled, like if you try to get near the inside curb. It's another nice update to an old track that's rewarding to get right esp. in the LMD cars like the 963 where you can feel the rear fighting for grip through the elevation changes if you're running no TC/Stability, though that could also probably be attributed just as much to a nicer physics engine.

Last edited:
I got to say Road Atlanta at night in patchy or dense fog looks absolutely GREAT! They have really done some great work graphically on this game and to think I'm still on a 1080p TV on a series S... side note the AI seems like they can hang around and challenge you better without veering off track as much. I found a few races so far they came out of nowhere after I brake too late or overshot a corner and flew right past me and at times blocking me.

Last edited:
While playing on PC, I think I found a nifty little feature that is not mentioned in the notes: Now you can toggle the virtual rearview mirror on and off in all the camera views. This is excellent for anybody who prefers to play in dashboard near/hood/bumper/chase cam view!

I also noticed that the colors in general are more saturated in my 10-bit, HDR capable monitor, and the RT with full reflections/RTAO is less noisy in general (RTX 4070 Super card).

P.D.: And it may have some small issues while launching... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Am I seeing things or have they fixed the awful wheel rim animations? They actually have depth to them now

Edit: maybe I'm just dumb and they've been fixed for yonks

Last edited:
H

Edit:

View attachment 1380489
He gave Gran Turismo excellent sounds. I hope he can do a massive overhaul just like his work during the FM4 days.

Back