Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,327 comments
Ya, I randomly got a green medal and 5000 for finishing 5th. 🤷‍♀️
It happens out of the blue and seems to be no rhyme or reason. Would be nice to know if there are parameters but I think it's a broken feature.

Either that, or Microsoft just throws their hands in the air and assigns Playground Games to do a Forza Horizon Sport :scared:
They did that with FH4, which had a better ranked racing system than FM7. But instead of addressing the shortcomings, they just removed it when they made FH5, presumably to avoid it competing against FM.

Heads up, we're running a poll through next Friday to select Community Choice series events in Featured Multiplayer for Update 13:

GAMESCOM: DAY 1 - Forza Motorsport / Forza Horizon

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240820-114838-965.png
    Screenshot_20240820-114838-965.png
    255.2 KB · Views: 3
Ya, I randomly got a green medal and 5000 for finishing 5th. 🤷‍♀️
It happens out of the blue and seems to be no rhyme or reason. Would be nice to know if there are parameters but I think it's a broken feature.
I had one or two times where I had a reward for finishing first on my first championships back in 2023 (I was on a very low difficulty between 1 and 2, I was getting accustomed to the physics ;) .) but after that nothing would pop up after completing anything.

While I hope they will showcase a future track or a first DLC pack/expansion, I'm not going to get my hopes up because of T10's track record with this game. Probably something online or sponsor related.
I'm guessing at best case, it'll be a new car in a situation like the 963 where it'll be immediately available free for a limited time. Maybe a quick recap that they just released Road Atlanta as well & discussion of what's to come by year's end.

While I hope they will showcase a future track or a first DLC pack/expansion, I'm not going to get my hopes up because of T10's track record with this game. Probably something online or sponsor related.
What would you expect in an expansion pack for FM?

So far in the past we've had the occasional car pack, but the only FM expansion pack I can remember was the Porsche Pack when they were finally done with their EA exclusivity.

We know T10 wants to avoid splitting the community by having tracks gated behind DLC, so that only really leaves cars to be added, which makes an expansion pack unlikely for me.... I know something like a drifting pack (with drift tracks, drift scoring, formula drift cars, etc...) or drag racing pack (with differing length drag racing tracks, proper rules, proper tyres, top fuel drag cars) could be interesting, but those would eat into Forza Horizon so I doubt they would be added. They seem to be compartmentalising features between the two games now.

Likewise, they could add a dirt racing mode as an expansion, but that's even less likely.

Last edited:

This hotfix will also reduce Open Class Multi-Class & Long Race tire wear from 6x to 4x for more impactful tire strategies.
This is honestly the bit I'm most interested in, as the META for online endurance races seems to be either going only mediums, or starting/ending on mediums and running hards otherwise. Curious to see if this changes anything significantly. Maybe it'll open the door for more reactive strategies i.e. trying to actually do a run on softs to make up time and/or gaining on someone on old tires in the last few laps.

I think what would be much more helpful overall is if players can see what tires people are running during the race. That, and making the loss in grip from tire wear more progressive in general. I might be mistaken/likely suffering from skill issues, but currently it still feels like whenever tires drop into minor and moderate wear, there just an instant and flat reduction in grip.

What would you expect in an expansion pack for FM?

So far in the past we've had the occasional car pack, but the only FM expansion pack I can remember was the Porsche Pack when they were finally done with their EA exclusivity.

We know T10 wants to avoid splitting the community by having tracks gated behind DLC, so that only really leaves cars to be added, which makes an expansion pack unlikely for me.... I know something like a drifting pack (with drift tracks, drift scoring, formula drift cars, etc...) or drag racing pack (with differing length drag racing tracks, proper rules, proper tyres, top fuel drag cars) could be interesting, but those would eat into Forza Horizon so I doubt they would be added. They seem to be compartmentalising features between the two games now.

Likewise, they could add a dirt racing mode as an expansion, but that's even less likely.
In a perfect world I would expect a themed track/car expansion that has about 8-10 events that come along with it. Something like COTA with a mix of LMP1/2 cars with maybe the highlight being the new Mustang GTD(3). But in the current 2024 era with this version of T10 I would expect something like 6-10 new permanent events that each come with a new or returning car unlocked once you complete it. I don't see them adding dirt racing mode anytime soon, I see them bringing back drag and drift first before any other kind of mode. Formula trucks is a small possibility too

Last edited:
I don't know if this was mentioned anywhere, didn't find it in the patch notes, but in addition to the proximity radar from update 10, update 11 added proximity radar audio, I've had it enabled since the update came out, and I quite like it, it's pretty non-intrusive, not quite a spotter, but just adds a little bit more awareness in addition to the radar.

1i2WGlX.png

I knew it lol. Some weird sponsor partnership that's nothing automotive related
Well there are two options:
  1. It's limited to just that car
  2. We also get a mix of some of the hypercars in his collection (like the Venom F5 Roadster)
  3. We also get his branded Nascar (Kyle Busch #45)

2. We also get a mix of some of the hypercars in his collection (like the Venom F5 Roadster)
Wouldn't mind the Nascar since it would be the first one in this game finally and maybe one or two of his hypercars. The branded camaro I could care less about in FM but it's great fit for Horizon 5.

It's more likely just the 1st option.
Barret Jackson pack was sold as a car pack, so I would think multiple cars would be showcased if it was more than one car.

What's weird is that FM removed all the 'fun' cars including the racing trucks, to "focus on motorsport" and the first major collaboration is a widebody muscle car, which is ideal for drag racing or drifting (both of which don't have gamemodes in the game).

T10 needs to get their priorities straight.

It's more likely just the 1st option.
Barret Jackson pack was sold as a car pack, so I would think multiple cars would be showcased if it was more than one car.

What's weird is that FM removed all the 'fun' cars including the racing trucks, to "focus on motorsport" and the first major collaboration is a widebody muscle car, which is ideal for drag racing or drifting (both of which don't have gamemodes in the game).

T10 needs to get their priorities straight.
Or better yet, Turn Ten needs to bring all these cars back. The fact that these cars were removed made me feel like FM doesn't know what it wants to be.

I knew it lol. Some weird sponsor partnership that's nothing automotive related
Eh, some little credit is due. Luka Doncic loves cars & is making it known he wants cars associated with his brand. He wrapped his Camaro, had a Buick GNX in his commercial, & seems to want to keep that going with a racing game.
Luka doesn't own any hypercars. He has a Panamera, 812, Urus, his '68 Camaro, & his 6x6 Jeep. In Slovenia, he still has a 911 Turbo & a Zastava 750. He reportedly also had an Audi at some point.

Last edited:
Eh, some little credit is due. Luka Doncic loves cars & is making it known he wants cars associated with his brand. He wrapped his Camaro, had a Buick GNX in his commercial, & seems to want to keep that going with a racing game.

Luka doesn't own any hypercars. He has a Panamera, 812, Urus, his '68 Camaro, & his 6x6 Jeep. In Slovenia, he still has a 911 Turbo & a Zastava 750. He reportedly also had an Audi at some point.
I'm talking about Michael Jordan. Who has an impressive hypercar collection.

The video has nothing to do with Michael Jordan, though except that it's his brand. The person it's centered around is Luka.
The fact that they got the Air Jordan logo as well as Luca Doncic's logo is enough to confirm that the licensing agreement isn't solely with Luka:
1724250218422.png

The fact that they got the Air Jordan logo as well as Luca Doncic's logo is enough to confirm that the licensing agreement isn't solely with Luka:
View attachment 1382778
Lol, yes it is. You are all going to be severely disappointed if you expect anything from Jordan in this beyond his brand logo which is only there b/c it operates Luka Doncic's brand.

This is to advertise Luka Doncic's shoe line which he just released the Luka 3 Speedway; there is a very specific reason the car is a Camaro.

Back