Gran Turismo 7 Custom Race thread

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 2,363 comments
IMO custom races should allow us to add cars from the entire car list rather than from our garage. We could still have our tuned cars side-by-side against other race cars without having to buy the whole car list. Make it closer to AC's Custom Championship mode. (I'm guessing maybe this would be something done in the near future)

Last edited:
What I would do for a Tyre selection option for the grid. Just that alone would be a massive improvement.

Finding out AI uses the stock tires with the vehicle is a major disappointment - even if the vehicle you gave them has better rubber already on.

Yep. Plus, the stock tyre compound varies with those cars. So, it’s still not completely balanced. Still tuning my muscle/pony cars because of that discrepancy.

Utterly disappointed by the idiotic choice to revert AI cars to stock tyres. Yet another fantastic idea ruined for me by poorly-thought-out implementation. I really hope they add an option to change AI tyres because this game is becoming smaller and smaller by the day, with several missions unplayable because of wrong tyres being fitted, 90% of the RWD cars being undriveable and now this awesome technically limitless sandbox mode being completely cut to a fraction of its possibilities by stock tyre selection.

Sorry for the rant. I've been obsessed with GT since the first game and this one has just had so many bad ideas, it's ruined it for me.

Here's an idea for the Reward part of Custom Races:

They should have it the same way as in GT PSP, where the better license you have the higher the payment.

Are Custom Races able to be saved so you don't have to keep naming the same opponents and setting the same cars?

Yes you can fully customize each AI car. I have a few which I use in different classes so just swap sheets and mix and match. Like mini coopers with muscle cars and touring. They are slower but use less fuel so pit less often.
Im curious, are you able to give AIs liveries?

Yes you can fully customize each AI car. I have a few which I use in different classes so just swap sheets and mix and match. Like mini coopers with muscle cars and touring. They are slower but use less fuel so pit less often.
The AI will use your garage car tunes exactly how you have it set, using the current settings sheet so be mindful which you have active.

Could the 1.06 update have glitched the tyre selection just like the dirt tests ?
Possibly but reading back through this thread it looks like this has been how it is from release, before 1.06. Hoping they'll change it, seems like an odd oversight when adding this feature.

Tried a quick little race around Suzuki east in my stock Integra on intermediate difficulty and random opponents. Noticed the guy in first was very fast and I couldn’t catch them. After the race saw it was a Ferrari F8 Tributo.

Tried another track and got more of those and other cars way beyond the class.

Hopefully we can set PP limits for random races as well.

Where can you actually see, what tires the other cars in a custom race are using if it is a short race and there is no pit stop ?

I havn't found that out so far...

Tried a quick little race around Suzuki east in my stock Integra on intermediate difficulty and random opponents. Noticed the guy in first was very fast and I couldn’t catch them. After the race saw it was a Ferrari F8 Tributo.

Tried another track and got more of those and other cars way beyond the class.

Hopefully we can set PP limits for random races as well.
A PP limiter would be great. I noticed with the actual racing classes (Gr.3 etc) it automatically applies BoP, so at least that much is taken care of. I've just been enjoying most of my custom racing in Gr.4 for now as feels pretty well-balanced.

Theoretically you could simulate PP restrictions for lower classes, but that means you would need to a) own each vehicle you intended to have on the field and b) set the settings sheet accordingly for each vehicle, for each type of race. Oh, and you'd have to race on stock tires (unless the upcoming patch fixes that).

I'm hoping in some future feature update they add this stuff in, but for now I might just stick with the regulated classes.

Where can you actually see, what tires the other cars in a custom race are using if it is a short race and there is no pit stop ?

I havn't found that out so far...
While in the replay, press any button to bring up the timeline view, press the little gear wheel icon that's two icons over from the exit button, and click "Display All" in the race info options. Once you've got an opponent car selected, hit the circle button to hide the timeline and show the race information.

Mine keep the same, they change as they like in pits too. Not all using the same tyre
I just tried a custom race, only 2 laps with no tyre wear but it was a WRX STi, Abarth 500 and Suzuki Swift and S13. All of them reverted to stock tyres, completely different from each other when they should've had sports soft fitted. So, stock tyres are still used by AI.

Last edited:
Just posted this about finding a balance with a more up to date grid.
Current GT4 manufacturer list, as per the GT4 European Series.

Jumped in the Safety Car to get a baseline for tuning. All cars have race suspension and the proper aero. Engine specs and weight, are stock. Some have the optional roll cages(amazing the Supra has one fitted, but not the race car). Cayman is the oddball. Fitted SH tyres, but obviously it defaults to slicks. Meanwhile, the ZL1 comes standard with SM. Set torque split, in the R8, to 5:95.
Should be fun, once I sort their performance.

Some newer cars have forced induction. Gets a bit tricky, but so far, I'm not too far away with balancing the AMG GT R, Mustang and Supra. The M4 is close to the Supra in everything(same, but reworked engine).

The A110 may be a bit tricky and the R8 is going to be interesting with the slight fwd torque split.

IMO custom races should allow us to add cars from the entire car list rather than from our garage. We could still have our tuned cars side-by-side against other race cars without having to buy the whole car list. Make it closer to AC's Custom Championship mode. (I'm guessing maybe this would be something done in the near future)
Definitely agree with this.

Need that Change Track, Change Condition option from GTS. A save Championship/race set up would be ideal, but just to keep the grid and change the track would help immensely.

My European GT4 field is coming together slowly but surely. Hopefully they fix the tire issue so I can get some AMG's and Alpine's out there.

GT4_Field.png

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back