Gran Turismo 7 Custom Race thread

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 2,358 comments
It's competing against other roadcars. All of them are completely modified and equipped with racing hards, aero parts, racing clutch, gearbox and racing brakes. I tried various setups on the Supra but it's not getting better

And to answer the question of Misterwaffles: I enjoy tuning road cars to race cars and there are also more cars available to build grids of my favourite cars :) love the sandbox-vibe
I have some custom grids with that car, and the 97 Supra just is slower than similiar tuned cars...

I am using a JGTC inspired grid a lot right now, and after 8 races under different conditions(long/short, high/low tire wear, high/low fuel consumption, different positions in the starting grid), that Supra is the only car of that grid, that never managed to finish in the top 10

Quick question. How is fuel economy of the Supra? If it’s the first to pit(like I find the Gr.4 M4 and Sierra both are the first to pit in my races), it’ll be down the order all the time.

Quick question. How is fuel economy of the Supra? If it’s the first to pit(like I find the Gr.4 M4 and Sierra both are the first to pit in my races), it’ll be down the order all the time.
I accepted the idea of turning off fuel consumption for long races. The disparities were too big, even sometimes between race cars.

I tuned the Supra for my 1995 GT grid, and it was way over the others in term of horsepower against Porsche, Ferrari, Nissan or Jaguar. Same thing for the NSX.

Might it have significantly more downforce/drag than the opponents which might affect its straight line speed.
I assume you’re using RH tyres so there isn’t a compound disparity? Could it be a custom gearing issue?

Might it have significantly more downforce/drag than the opponents which might affect its straight line speed.
I assume you’re using RH tyres so there isn’t a compound disparity? Could it be a custom gearing issue?
One Problem with the 97 Supra compared to similiar cars of the same period is its weight...even after 5 stages of weight reductionist still weighs 1117kg
A 97 Gt-R after 5 weight reductions comes to 1069 kg, a 02 NSX to 1070 after 3 weight reductions...

The Problem of the 97 Supra is definitely under braking and low speed turning. It's straightline speed is good, I already figured out that it looses all the time in the corners. I fear it's due to the widebody, does that make sense?

The Problem of the 97 Supra is definitely under braking and low speed turning. It's straightline speed is good, I already figured out that it looses all the time in the corners. I fear it's due to the widebody, does that make sense?
The bad breaking habits might have something to do with its weight...

Sorry for the double post.

What about the throttle bug? Was that fixed?
I got beat by the AI so bad at Eiger I forgot to check. :lol: I half spun three times and couldn’t catch the slowest AI in a 10 lap race.

Creating a little Japan Vs Germany grid here. Right now the BMW outpaces the Mitsu by a bit. Some power reduction should fix that. grid looks great though! Just wish we had a late 90's American boxy boy to add.

Well, most of my custom grids have been demolished by the physic update. Especially for road cars converted into "race cars". I no longer have the motivation to redo everything.

a huge letdown for what was my main activity on GT7.

I've been enjoying some GT300 class races recently with the Gallardo. Bop is a little all over the place but usually the gap between first and last isn't too big.

20970430769982648.jpg

20970005823321677.jpg

20969987387726613.jpg

20970452281430457.jpg

Sorry for the long post.
Prepared a JGTC Grid with an interesting format.
The starting grid for the Sprints races is given by the times that the AI has made around 1 lap of the track (like a Superpole)
The sprint races will a few laps depending on the track. From the 20 GT300 cars in the sprint race, only 8 will compete in the main event with the GT500.
The GT500/GT300 grid order for the main race will be determined by the finish order of the Sprint race.

Here is the list of the cars (some of them are very particular/strange)
GT500:
  • 3 Nissan GT-Rs (Penzzoil, Xanavi, Calsonic)
  • 4 Toyota Supras (Castrol, ESSO, au Cerumo, Denso)
  • 4 Honda NSXs (Castrol, Mobil1, Autobacs, Raybrig)
  • 1 Diablo (NOMAD)

GT300:
  • 3 Silvia TCs (Unisia Jecs, Xanavi, Daishin) and 1 Z33 (Endless)
  • 1 RE Amemiya FD3S and 2 Miata MX-5 TC (Kageisen, RE Amemiya)
  • 1 Mitsubishi GTO (Taeivon)
  • 1 Engine-Swapped Honda Beat (Takata Dome) and 1 RCR Civic (Spoon)
  • 2 Toyota MR2 (MOMO, Autobacs) and 1 Trueno (KRAFT)
  • 2 Porsches (996 Advan, 993 Advan), 1 Viper (STP), and 1 F40
  • 1 Renault Clio (Ecurie SiFo)
  • 1 Subaru Impreza (Cusco)
  • 1 Alfa Romeo 155 - The car I will drive

Calendar:
Round 0: BB Raceway (Non points round)
Round 1: High Speed Ring
Round 2: Tokyo Expressway
Round 3: Kyoto Driving Park
Round 4: Fuji Speedway
NC: Eiger Nordwand reverse (Non points round)
Round 5: Suzuka Circuit
Round 6: Autopolis
Round 7: Tokyo Expressway
NC: Eiger Nordwand (Non points round)
Round 8: Fuji Speedway

Latest Posts

Back