Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,125 comments
A new livery for the 86 Gr.4 was confirmed in the official website of the TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup, which is similar to the "Variation" livery for the GR Supra Racing Concept.
86_gr_4.png

Wonder what's going on with the silhouettes? We know and update is coming and normally they would have been dropped by now.

Wonder what's going on with the silhouettes? We know and update is coming and normally they would have been dropped by now.
I wonder if they'll be coming tommorow as a delay, or Tuesday at the latest... The update should drop inevitably the next week and the silhouettes have to logically drop at least some days earlier than the day the update is out, which will most likely be on Wednesday or Thursday.

The update should drop inevitably the next week and the silhouettes have to logically drop at least some days earlier than the day the update is out

it is entirely possible to have an update without a Kaz tweet

I'm excited for this update! We got the GR Cup and the Super Formula tie-ins coming up, for a couple items. What we get next could be anyone's guess, as it seems that the datamined list of upcoming cars is becoming more outdated with each update. That said, I'd still like to see every car on that list come to GT7 eventually, in addition to the cars that aren't on it.

But since we now have the RS5 DTM, I wonder if the AMG C-Class DTM, BMW M4 DTM, and Aston Martin Vantage DTM are also coming next? I certainly hope so, as I'd really only be OK with a Gr.2-themed event/championship once we get all those DTM cars, and possibly a more contemporary trio of Super GT500 cars, too. (Though my bet is on the '24 field of cars rather than the '23 trio, as the current two trios are from '08 and '16, so I think the next GT500 trio would be from another eight years later.)

I'm also hoping we'll finally get either some new Bonus Menus again, a new mission set, or both. My guess would be that we'd only get a new Bonus Menu if/when we get a new championship as well, seeing how the World GT Series Championship only requires the National A license. I think that would make a lot more sense than just having a new single race event like the previous Bonus Menu, unless it's really able to fit into a particular niche of cars not already explored in the current list of events. Maybe there could be the return of the "Race of NA Sports" event, as we've already got a similar event reserved for turbocharged cars.

Yeah, I'd say a new Bonus Menu based on a new single race event would need be relatively broad in scope, as I think that a motif based on a certain model usually gets an Extra Menu instead, just as we can see with the Ford GT most recently, or the menu for BMW models with an I6 engine. (Here's hoping we get a "V12 Lamborghini Models" menu, and/or a "Group C" one.) Meanwhile, one-make races would likely appear as a mission, like the Tsukuba One Hour or the Trial Mountain One Hour. Perhaps a future event that features the F1500T-A or the Red Bull X2019 Competition would be similarly-handled, though I'd personally prefer a championship for each, as well as the SF23.

Quick 268-page slide about how Polyphony renders skies in GT7 (alongside some quick physics lecture :D)

Reading through it I don't think there's any slip-ups hinting at future content, but it's still cool to see how these effects were achieved.

Amazing find ! I wish they release the same pdf content but for car modeling/rendering

Even if the SF23s are the only cars coming, I'm still expecting the silhouette post just with them. This would be double confirmation but this exact thing happened when they announced the GR86 for GT Sport: confirmation a month before, then a single silhouette featuring it from Kaz posted on the update week.

Back