Gran Turismo 7 Physics

Do you want more detailed and realistic physics on the next GT

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Looks to me that he has high controller sensitivity. Also, it's either he's using d pad to steer the car or he's flicking the controller stick left and right. I see nothing broken about this, he just wants some attention just like most people on twitter. I truly hope PD will not listen to this type of people, because the physics so far look great.
From what I've seen, it's great. I had to put this up here to ask you guys because you're definitely more knowledgeable than me in this regard. It definitely looked like someone messing around with sensitivity and pretending theres a serious physics issue.

From what I've seen, it's great. I had to put this up here to ask you guys because you're definitely more knowledgeable than me in this regard. It definitely looked like someone messing around with sensitivity and pretending theres a serious physics issue.
Most likely simply click-bait, controller inputs getting screwy at low speed of vehicle combined with rapid inputs

I'm not that knowledgeable about car physics compared to most people here but I can assure you that that guy is just making issues based on nothing. I've seen people there using that cherry picked wonky collision to sh%t on GT7 as if that would be the full representative of the game. Twitter is a messed and filled with weirdos, why would someone even want to go there?

I watched jimmy broadbent stream today. The physics seems in general pretty good on tarmac. The only thing I always notice in GT games is the attention to details in american car is never the same as JDM car. I own a C7 Corvette Z51 in real life. The car does more than 1.08g on figure 8. It' has tons of grip but yet driving it in GT feels like you are on ice. Maybe it's lack of feeling the G in real life or the lack of really feeling the tire that makes us pass the point where you are losing grip. You really have to be acting like an idiot to make a Corvette oversteer, specially one with the e-LSD and TCS enabled. The car is very stable and a joy to go on the track.

Oh well. It's never going to be perfect.

Throttle and brake both appear to be linear, or as near as damn it.

Overall the physics are a step up, but I would have to agree with the likes of @Jordan, @Famine, and Jimmy that it's more of an iterative improvement than a leap forward.

One thing I do see as a big positive is that you have to now drive road cars to the limit of the car, rather than the limit of the track as you previously had to. Shopping trolly runabouts (looking at you stupid Suzuki Aqua) are out of place on a track and will understeer like lazy dogs if you overcook them.

Still need more time (good job I have the day off work tomorrow), but so far the ITR DC2 feels much better than in GTS, but he diff still doesn't feel aggressive enough, but at least it now feels like it has one.

Not physics-related, but I do have to say, the AI is appalling, and the difficulty levels really don't change that.

Are we the cars as tail-happy as some of the streamers are making them out to be? Or is it simply just more SIM-like than they are used to

Are we the cars as tail-happy as some of the streamers are making them out to be? Or is it simply just more SIM-like than they are used to
There is definitely step change in rear grip levels. The licence test using the Corvette at Big Willow is a great example. You have to take T2 (the long right hander) and it is a serious challenge to avoid the car turning around. Any throttle breaks the rear loose. Dramatically different to GT Sport.

There is definitely step change in rear grip levels. The licence test using the Corvette at Big Willow is a great example. You have to take T2 (the long right hander) and it is a serious challenge to avoid the car turning around. Any throttle breaks the rear loose. Dramatically different to GT Sport.
I am not sure it is more realistic though. People often equate harder to realism. This is not always true.

Last edited:
One thing I do see as a big positive is that you have to now drive road cars to the limit of the car, rather than the limit of the track as you previously had to.

Can you elaborate on that thought when you get a chance tomorrow? I know it makes sense but I'm a little slow on the uptake these past few days so I don't quite understand what you mean.

Edit - Oh, I think you mean the understeer isn't as bad now.

Last edited:

Overall the physics are a step up, but I would have to agree with the likes of @Jordan, @Famine, and Jimmy that it's more of an iterative improvement than a leap forward.

One thing I do see as a big positive is that you have to now drive road cars to the limit of the car, rather than the limit of the track as you previously had to. Shopping trolly runabouts (looking at you stupid Suzuki Aqua) are out of place on a track and will understeer like lazy dogs if you overcook them.

Still need more time (good job I have the day off work tomorrow), but so far the ITR DC2 feels much better than in GTS, but he diff still doesn't feel aggressive enough, but at least it now feels like it has one.

Not physics-related, but I do have to say, the AI is appalling, and the difficulty levels really don't change that.
@Scaff is one of those guys I was alluding to when I spoke of opinions I respect on physics. Thanks so much for sharing your views in this thread.

I am not sure it is more realistic though. People often equate harder to realism. This is not always true.
This. Didn’t Kaz once say this too?

If real cars did what they do in GT7 there would be a lot more road fatalities.
Self driven cars technology developed by PD? ;) haha

Last edited:

Improved over copperbox gtsport as well?

Last edited:
I’ve been rewatching Kie’s stream, and it seemed like he had the most luck with the super twitchy cars when he brakes and accelerated like you would IRL (or more of a proper SIM), as opposed to “video-gaming” your inputs. At any rate, he constantly was commenting that the FR cars felt good, it’s just the MR’s that were a handful. I wonder if it’s a coding issue on PD’s part, or simply a tuning issue that can be remedied with diff settings, ballast ect.

Anyone care to confirm or deny?

At any rate, if m about to go to bed here at work…hopefully we sleep all night, so I can jam home and boot GT7 up in about 8 hours! Shouldn’t have chased the $$$$ and worked overtime today 😂

Last edited:
I’ve been rewatching Kie’s stream, and it seemed like he had the most luck with the super twitchy cars when he brakes and accelerated like you would IRL (or more of a proper SIM), as opposed to “video-gaming” your inputs. At any rate, he constantly was commenting that the FR cars felt good, it’s just the MR’s that were a handful. I wonder if it’s a coding issue on PD’s part, or simply a tuning issue that can be remedied with diff settings, ballast ect.

At any rate, if m about to go to bed here at work…hopefully we sleep all night, so I can jam home and boot GT7 up in about 8 hours! Shouldn’t have chased the $$$$ and worked overtime today 😂
Going to sleep at work? You’re either a firefighter or a security guard. 😂

I saw this on Twitter... this guy "claims" he just steers with the stick left and right slowly.. and the car behaves this way.

Is this a bug? Or is he just spewing nonsense?

Have any streams you've seen users experienced this? 🤔

I can actually confirm that this happens to my cars when I wanted to check the body roll movement. I drive with Thrustmaster T300RS on PS5. Slow or fast steering movement doesn't matter. I'd guess the physics broke. You guys better test your cars too instead of dismissing something like this straight away. I want GT7 to be a success too. At least let PD know this. I'm sure they know already by now tho.

This was taken from my stream so sorry for the bad quality. As you can see, this also happens to other cars.

If your cars don't act weird like that, good for you. Maybe just an isolated bug or car-specific. But what about others like me who spent money on the Anniversary Edition and having goofy dream cars?

If you remember, GT5 had very little suspension travel (not only visually) and GT6 turned it up a notch so you can get much more body roll when turning.

I was trying to replicate this and sure enough, cars act weird in GT7.

GT7 is really underwhelming in terms of force feedback. Many dead or lifeless kerbs. I can understand (or tolerate) the "simcade" physics but FFB needs to be better.

In AC or ACC, you can break your arms thanks to the strong detailed feedback and violent steering movement. Not so much in GT7.

Last edited:
I'll be curious to see how the "new" physics compare to the likes of ACC. I gave that game dedicated screen time for the last 2 weeks. The first 3 hours were really tough as I couldn't do anything right and kept spinning NO MATTER WHAT!! But I hung in there, and low and behold, once I got used to it, ACC just about ruined GTS for me. So much more frustrating, yet so much more rewarding and immersive. I ocassionaly would jump back on GTS to compare lap times and physics (mainly Suzuka and Nurbugring) and I would be literally a second and a half off my normal GTS pace when I would jump between the 2 titles. To go fast in GTS, you had to drve in a completely unrealistic fashion compared to ACC (assuming that we're using ACC as the benchmark of simulated realism here).

My new DD pro was night and day better in ACC, but only a little bit better in GTS. I'm hoping that with a few tweaks that I'm hearing GT7 needs, I get close to the same feeling I get from ACC!

Anyone know what was in the day 1 patch?

I'll be curious to see how the "new" physics compare to the likes of ACC. I gave that game dedicated screen time for the last 2 weeks. The first 3 hours were really tough as I couldn't do anything right and kept spinning NO MATTER WHAT!! But I hung in there, and low and behold, once I got used to it, ACC just about ruined GTS for me. So much more frustrating, yet so much more rewarding and immersive. I ocassionaly would jump back on GTS to compare lap times and physics (mainly Suzuka and Nurbugring) and I would be literally a second and a half off my normal GTS pace when I would jump between the 2 titles. To go fast in GTS, you had to drve in a completely unrealistic fashion compared to ACC (assuming that we're using ACC as the benchmark of simulated realism here).

My new DD pro was night and day better in ACC, but only a little bit better in GTS. I'm hoping that with a few tweaks that I'm hearing GT7 needs, I get close to the same feeling I get from ACC!

Anyone know what was in the day 1 patch?
ACC in my opinion is still kings when it comes to road feel and in my opinion it really makes the driving immersive for me. What I will say with GT7 is it feel better than GTS you get more information throughout the wheel. I also have a better time judging what the car is doing better in GT7 compared to ACC.. also the driving just feels a little bit more natural in GT… I also never would ever figure I would use TCS but that GT3 cup two pepper race is pretty serious lol. I’m telling you you cannot drive like you use to in GTS you will pay big times for hiccups in steering inputs and throttle.

Last edited:

It sounds very ACC-esque to me. As you guys know in ACC, you really have to straighten out before you mash the loud pedal. Wheel spin isn’t a huge issue as the TC takes care of that, but you’ll still spin on f you don’t make an effort to put your wheels straight.

How does the kerbs feel in comparison to ACC?

Last edited:
The brakes are going to take a bit of getting used to. I've had a few instances of braking the same as I would in GTS and had the car pull hard to the left of right causing a spin or crash into a wall. It's only happened once you start getting into something half quick, a bit over 500pp.

edit. Straight line braking seems fine, it's more if you give even a tiny amount of steering imput. I'm going to need to re-learn trail braking. lol.

Last edited:
It sounds very ACC-esque to me. As you guys know in ACC, you really have to straighten out before you mash the loud pedal. Wheel spin isn’t a huge issue as the TC takes care of that, but you’ll still spin on f you don’t make an effort to put your wheels straight.??

How does the kerbs feel in comparison to ACC?
I was saying it felt like more AC granted I only have AC for the PlayStation, but what I like about AC was how it punished you for bad driving.. this was not the case for GTS.. while GTS was not just a forgiving game you could get on the gas early, or enter turns with high speed. I think GT7 has a better tire system because I’m doing a test with the 370z (edit- with sports hard on which I normally drive with comfort mediums in GTS )at Tsukuba and I keep spinning the car from entry oversteer. It actually put a smile on my face and reminded me of AC. I think the cars in ACC just feel tighter compared to GT7 might be cause of the GT3/4 roster.

Last edited:
Is anyone else having the same extreme difficulty getting RWD cars to not spin out like I do? Or is it just me?

When I first booted up the game, I ran an RX-Vision GT3 around Tokyo South Inner Loop. At the docks, I could've sworn the AI punted me into a spin at the exact same spot where I transitioned into a left turn after the triple right hander. Watching the replay I see that wasn't the case, but it felt so sudden and random that it was no different from being punted!

RX-V GT3 default settings again, this time at Maggiore GP. At the fast left–right chicane right at the top of the hill just after banky boi, I spun again. I have no idea what the hell was going on. It's a flat out chicane at high speed in a GT3 car! How could I have spun? I don't get it!

The problem persists even in road cars. I took a something tame, an RX-8, which Jeremy Clarkson has described as "you can give it absolute hell, and it just never fights back". That thing too, was uncontrollable in the turns. Again, no warning, no feedback from tyre noise or FFB, just something that felt like me getting punted, or some rouge torque vectoring in my RWD car, and the spin was completely unrecoverable.

If anyone has driven the Stratos in GTS, I'd describe every RWD car in GT7 handling like that nightmare. There's no room for adjustment once you've dove into a corner. Throttle modulation is nonexistent, any throttle just aggravates the spin. It's impossible to shift weight over the rear tyres. Every car, from the rather stiff feeling S-FR to full blown GT3 racing machines, feel like they've the Leaning Tower of Pisa stapled above their boot lids.

I don't understand this physics engine at all. Is this supposed to be realistic? Easy for casuals to pick up on?

Someone PLEASE rationalise this mess for me because it's seriously making me despise this game.

Last edited:
Can you elaborate on that thought when you get a chance tomorrow? I know it makes sense but I'm a little slow on the uptake these past few days so I don't quite understand what you mean.

Edit - Oh, I think you mean the understeer isn't as bad now.
Understeer is more manageable now, and FWD cars will lift-off oversteer and can be recovered for it.

Go in far too hot however and understeer will punish you far more than in GTS, but you will have more chance to recover and it will slow you down more doing so.
This. Didn’t Kaz once say this too?
He did, but to be fair many others did before him as well.

It is however an oversimplification. It's easy to drive a car at 7 to 8 tenths, which is quick. It's far harder to drive a car on the limit and do so consistently.
Improved over copperbox gtsport as well?
Based on the cars I've tried so far, yes.

This (with the caveat - I've only had two hours with GT7 and not sampled anything like the full range of car types).

If you try and drive a real car like you do in GTS, and treat the throttle and brake as pretty much digital; you will not have a good time.

Those of you who drive in reality, think about how often you actually apply full throttle or braking, it's not that often at all, and certainly not when the car is anything but pretty much straight. Keep in mind the old racing and driving maxim, 'slow is smooth and smooth is fast', you need smooth inputs as the load transfer is more evident now and you need to be aware of it.

I have a feeling based on what I've experienced so far, that those with experience of the likes of AC, AMS. RF2, etc will adapt a little quicker to GT7.

The FFB, while better, still isn't class-leading however, more improvement in that area would help more as well.

Last edited:
Back