Gran Turismo 7 Physics

Do you want more detailed and realistic physics on the next GT

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Anyone tryed out group C le mans cars?
They're almost undriveable.
The high speed steering shake is back and in the R92 and Sauber its extremely violent.
And they all seem to have alot of lift off oversteer.
The 962 was always pretty glued but now its so easy to spin it in the 1st corner at Le Sarthe.

Last night I fully tuned my Gallardo and took it to Dragon Trail. When I went through the first corner, the car crapped itself and threw me into the wall. I immediately went back to the menu and tuned it up a bit to handle the higher cornering forces. This did help me but I still had to drive rather conservatively. After that, I modified my E36 M3 and took it to the Nurburgring to see how it would perform. Through Hatzenbach the car felt fine, but in the small section between Hohiecen and Quiddelbacher Hohe, the car steered itself into the right side wall. At Schwedenkruez, the car steered itself into the left wall. The same thing happened at Foxhole. After I completed the lap, I took out my E46 M3 to see if the same issue would occur, but it didn't. It felt the same as it did before. Like the E46, my E36 had race brakes and fully adjustable suspension, so they were eliminated as potential causes for the car's suicidal tendencies. I then thought that the lower weight of the E36 was causing a lack of stability, so I bought another to fully modify with just the stage 1 weight reduction. That wasn't the answer either. So I equipped the widebody to my red E36 with the full weight reduction and took it out to Sardegna B, which solved the problem. Clearly the wheels were getting stuck in the wheelarches. With this new information, I changed my turbocharged Gallardo's rim width back to standard and sure enough, the problem I had at Maggiore and Dragon Trail went away. It's now a blast to drive. So here's my advice: check your wheel fitment when modifying a car. If the wheels don't have a enough room to move, the car will not perform correctly.

Last edited:
Now I’m complaining. My 190 E touring car set up is doing a skip stuttering animation when turning hard right and hard left. Doesn’t matter when I raise the suspension or use stock suspension. It had done the stuttering before, but I was able to dial that out with zero toe at the front. It has zero toe at the front and the stuttering returned.
Thought it might be the wide offset on the 18” wheels&tyres. Changed the offset, still happened.

Don't mean to sound like a n00b asking this (hope it's the right topic too?), as have been playing GT since the 1990's, but is anyone else on the PS5 DualSense controller having trouble (since this update?) with 'fishtailing' down straights after getting into a slide?

It's happened to me a number of times already and seems to be faster, shorter and sharper fishtails than normal - almost like King Kong/The Hulk/Chuck Norris is holding the back of the car and wobbling it side to side quickly.
I've tried a couple things to get out of them - accelerating (nope), reducing countersteer a bit (nope) and decelerating (nope).

It's probably a combination of things that i need to do, just need to fine tune the technique?

And while on the subject of handling, i've found it kinda difficult to recover from over corrections when drifting moreso in GT7 than some of the other main titles (before and after this update). It often snaps back too quickly and spins me out. Unless i'm getting rusty/have worse reaction speed now i'm in my early 40's. :crazy:

So yesterday I decided to do some more testing and I was blown away by my observations.
The differences between the available Tire Compounds is amazing.
Same goes for the available Suspensions as well as for the whole range of the available Brakes.
The Nuances between the same Tire class is already very well differentiated but changing from a regular road tire on to some track day tire and especially going to a full blown racing slick is just outstanding.

To me personally the biggest novelty in the actual driving experience is the way how the car actually moves.
It doesn't just drive in a robotic digital 0/1/0/1 way anymore.
The fluidity and flow of the cars has been drastically improved.
It feels very very intuitive.

I can only speak for myself and from my point of view using a Fanatec DD+ Wheelbase.
But the sheer sense and level of depth of all these impressions communicated on this Wheelbase is simply outstanding.

Without going too much into detail on all of these specific nuances, I think that this current Driving Model is by far the most authentic a GT game has ever been.
I could write an whole article from all of these subtle impressions, but instead I rather prefer to just continue enjoying this beautiful game.
I'm absolutely in love with this driving simulation and all of its nuanced FFB algorithm.

I just wished all of you guys could experience this feeling.
Thank you PD for creating, sharing and providing us with this beautiful game.

@PirovacBoy what exact settings are you using for your DD+? And what settings in game?

Given that I'm prone to bouts of laziness, I couldn't be arsed to think of a car for the Weekly Challenge in Hypercars at Interlagos and used the Tomahawk S.

As far as I'm aware it's stock and... yeah. Anyone else want to try it out and see if it's just me?

Anyone tryed out group C le mans cars?
They're almost undriveable.
The high speed steering shake is back and in the R92 and Sauber its extremely violent.
And they all seem to have alot of lift off oversteer.
The 962 was always pretty glued but now its so easy to spin it in the 1st corner at Le Sarthe.
I drove the Sauber C9 yesterday evening on Sardegna 800pp... Didn't notice any issues

Last edited:
Given that I'm prone to bouts of laziness, I couldn't be arsed to think of a car for the Weekly Challenge in Hypercars at Interlagos and used the Tomahawk S.

As far as I'm aware it's stock and... yeah. Anyone else want to try it out and see if it's just me?
And what happened?

Very interesting video on the tire temperature behavior. I actually think this is a really good system, much better than e.g. ACC's nonsense "keep the tire exactly on the right psi number or else" behavior. But it remains absolutely bizarre and inexcusable that no info about this is available in-game. Basically every modern race car has tire temperature sensors, and even aside from that, it's just bad game design to have an important system with no info available about it. It's also bad marketing, surely someone spent a lot of time and effort on it and most GT7 players and potential buyers have no idea it exists. Why, PD?

Last edited:

Is it
the constant bouncing? The FFB goes crazy with the bounces too.

It turns out that the issues I had with my Gallardo were not completely resolved by the wheel fitment. I took it out to Grand Valley yesterday and it could not take any of the high speed corners without breaking loose on me. I was of the belief that the suspension was too soft, so I increased the stiffness to cope with the higher load forces. This solved the problem and I was able to go a lot faster without losing control. So this begged the question: will I have to tune ALL my modified cars? To find out, I tested a bunch of them on the Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa course and to my surprise, they were just fine. The front wheels didn't get stuck and none of the mid-engine cars crapped themselves through the high speed corners, which Yamagiwa has a lot of. No tuning required. I guess the Gallardo just sucks for some reason.

I did the same with thinking hardening the anti-sway bars and stiffening the springs would help. PD used to default the compression/Expansion at 35/45. Now they’re 25/45.

It seems like certain cars. Well it are certain cars because I’m not having problems with any of my tuned and slammed on their guts cars except the 190 E. Just did a quick test with it tuned and the default PD ride height for Race Suspension, Normal suspension, wide offset and Normal offset on the 18” set up.

Very interesting video on the tire temperature behavior. I actually think this is a really good system, much better then e.g. ACC's nonsense "keep the tire exactly on the right psi number or else" behavior. But it remains absolutely bizarre and inexcusable that no info about this is available in-game. Basically every modern race car has tire temperature sensors, and even aside from that, it's just bad game design to have an important system with no info available about it. It's also bad marketing, surely someone spent a lot of time and effort on it and most GT7 players and potential buyers have no idea it exists. Why, PD?

This is an incredibly informative video, thanks for linking it (and thanks to Womble for doing the research, too!).

I 100% agree that tyre temps need to be more visible, yeah.

Other than that, why is the braking so ruined? Why are all cars sliding if you don't slow down to a crawling pace before a corner, even with the slightest touch on the brake pedal, no matter how gently I trailbrake, even with a -5 BB, they just lose the rear end and go into some wierd slide, it's so frustrating, now they all behave like the bugged Gr3 MR cars from the game release physics. Shame...
Did you find any solution?

Some brutal honesty from Tidgney 😅

So it appears the changes in the default setup for cars is causing the different feel in the cars more than the actual physics changes? At least for dry road racing. I'm not good at noticing differences when these physics changes happen.

Also, agreed that detailed tire temp info is a must if tire temps are so impactful.

So it appears the changes in the default setup for cars is causing the different feel in the cars more than the actual physics changes? At least for dry road racing. I'm not good at noticing differences when these physics changes happen.

Also, agreed that detailed tire temp info is a must if tire temps are so impactful.

This is not true for all cars for sure. I was practicing for a race with BoP on and setups allowed all week. The race was on the day the update dropped and I can 100% guarantee that the changes under braking, acceleration and slip angle were very noticeable. The car in question was the Ford GT Test gr3 car and the track was Daytona.

As this game is getting seemingly more complicated and sim-like, PD needs to do a better job of explaining what's changing and how it impacts us.

We shouldn't have to rely on Tidgney (who I really enjoy, I'm watching the linked video above) and others who are doing their best but ultimately making educated guesses.

Update: Getting closed to finishing Tidgney's video and it's further confirmation that this game is moving closer to being a simulation of racing. I'm not sure that I agree with his complaints about having to manage tires... That's what you do in a racing game...

I said a few days ago that this game and it's fans seem to be going through a bit of an identity crisis. You have casual fans who want to believe that GT in it's most-recent states was a sim on the same level of ACC and others. And you have fans like myself who wanted it to be closer to ACC (which it's starting to become)...

Previously, GT7 was really kind of the casual-sim/sim-cade, whatever U wanna call it title. But now it's trying to tow the line between sim-cade and sim and doing a mediocre job of both.

Last edited:

So what do you do with a completely stock vehicle that isn’t handling right? Resort to buying suspension to fix. Lame.

I did adjust my dampers back to what I set previously. The new default are compression/expansion 25/45. I had set my cars to compression/expansion: Front 30/40; Rear 25/35. Made a difference to the feel of the suspension loading in corners.

This is not true at all... physics is changed cause it is changed...It is not about sospensions setups by Pd which makes the real difference.

The difference between pre and post patch Is night and day.
People complained about narrow slip angle from day 1 and there were no setups that could fix It. After this update we have much more slip angle, we can actually slide beyond corner without losing time (if we do correctly).
Braking changed a lot too and in a good way,same steering..
If i test 100 different cars pre patch, with differents setups,all of them respond to the same physics where slip angle was narrow, abs was too much efficient etc...
If u test 100 cars now , with differents setups u can,without doubts ,say physics is changed cause something coded in changed for real..

I agree with we need some telemetry

Last edited:
As this game is getting seemingly more complicated and sim-like, PD needs to do a better job of explaining what's changing and how it impacts us.

We shouldn't have to rely on Tidgney (who I really enjoy, I'm watching the linked video above) and others who are doing their best but ultimately making educated guesses.

Update: Getting closed to finishing Tidgney's video and it's further confirmation that this game is moving closer to being a simulation of racing. I'm not sure that I agree with his complaints about having to manage tires... That's what you do in a racing game...

I said a few days ago that this game and it's fans seem to be going through a bit of an identity crisis. You have casual fans who want to believe that GT in it's most-recent states was a sim on the same level of ACC and others. And you have fans like myself who wanted it to be closer to ACC (which it's starting to become)...

Previously, GT7 was really kind of the casual-sim/sim-cade, whatever U wanna call it title. But now it's trying to tow the line between sim-cade and sim and doing a mediocre job of both.
I think people liker the fact that gt7 was (is) approachable while still having enough sim elements to make it enticing. With the game leaning more to the sim aspect this balance is being affected and some people won't like it.

I for one don't want gt7 to become as complicated as ACC where you have to worry about the minutia of everything. I am ok with having to manage tyres (I prefer it over having to manage fuel if I'm honest), but I don't want gt7 to feel like a chore like sometimes ACC does for me.

And just like you said, if I'm being asked to manage tyre temps give the information to do it. They could easily add tyre temps and colours to the tyre hud element and keep it the same size and it would work.

And then there's the tyres drop off rates and lost in performance due to tyre temperature. That can be adjusted. And while they're at it, they could give us more abs settings to assist players that need further assistance and don't want to turn on other more intrusive assists.

Back