Gran Turismo 7 takes center stage in an all-new State of Play, arriving Wednesday at 2pm Pacific:

• Thread starter GlamFM
  • 1,381 comments
Can't see a reason for the game not to run at 1080p 60fps. Maybe use dynamic resolution for more taxing situations like rain races but other then that just make the game visually equivalent to Sport and should be good to go, unless the physics engine is more robust and the PS4 can't handle it as well as Sport.

Can't see a reason for the game not to run at 1080p 60fps. Maybe use dynamic resolution for more taxing situations like rain races but other then that just make the game visually equivalent to Sport and should be good to go, unless the physics engine is more robust and the PS4 can't handle it as well as Sport.
Even if the physics is more taxing they could just lower the refresh rate for physics on the PS4.

OMG I'm so hyped I can't STAND IT!!!! Gonna be on vacation from work so I'll have the whole spring to enjoy this game. Man I'm pumped to kingdom come for GT7 LETS GO BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and please please please PLEASE give us the Isle of Man this time!!!

confirme image

👀 ?

1643648139332.png

Even if the physics is more taxing they could just lower the refresh rate for physics on the PS4.
If a games physics are tied to refresh rate and you cut refresh in half it’s going to significantly impact the feel of the game. Physics need to update as fast as possible otherwise **** starts getting spooky and end up with a broken physics engine that can’t keep up with the game.

If a games physics are tied to refresh rate and you cut refresh in half it’s going to significantly impact the feel of the game. Physics need to update as fast as possible otherwise **** starts getting spooky and end up with a broken physics engine that can’t keep up with the game.

All physics engines have a refresh rate. It may or may not be tied to the visual refresh rate. You can't expect top tier performance from old hardware.

Last edited:
Will Thursday Morning, bring the howls of happiness or disappointment to the thread in GT Planet that will follow this State of Play.

30 minutes should give enough time, to cover most things hopefully they will cover Multiplayer, be it Private Lobbies, Daily Races and what ever the FIA morphs into. Their has been a lack of Info on this, and by the looks of it still no PS4 footage.

always be worried about what they don`t say rather then what they do say.

GT7 will be my first PS5 game! Still playing PS4 titles with boost should be quite a slap in the chops when GT7 lands! I do agree horizon looks terrific GoW also, but wouldnt go near those other games even if they were on PSPlus each to their own ;-)
Sorry to burst your bubble but

Its not a PS5 game through, it is a PS4 game, its built to run on the PS4, its just upscaled graphics in the PS5 game. The underlying aspects are governed by what the Ps4 can handle, Graphics is the only difference because of crossplay, It will still be a good game but the Ps4 part is going to stop it from been a Great Game.

Its the game I brought the Ps5 for,

I understand the Business decision behind it, but not the artistic

Its not a PS5 game through, it is a PS4 game, its built to run on the PS4, its just upscaled graphics in the PS5 game. The underlying aspects are governed by what the Ps4 can handle, Graphics is the only difference because of crossplay, It will still be a good game but the Ps4 part is going to stop it from been a Great Game.

Except a PS4 release was never on the table until 2021, a year after the game was announced.

Last edited:
I would love to have the Targa Florio circuit. Maybe it is too long to be practical (70 km for the Piccolo version), but I think it would be great.

I don't think they will ever do a circuit that long. Too much modelling.

Sorry to bust your bubble, but all cars captured for GTS were originally done at 8K its downscaled graphics for PS4 not the other way around. The PS4 edition will be pared back no need to doubt the flagship title will be lacking on PS5 though.

Any multi class scene is probably their returning PP feature so there's no more restriction on race classes, just enter the event by PP.

View attachment 1109698
This is definitely the weirdest footage on all the trailer, why is there a Yaris racing against a Huayra and an RX-Vision GT3?
I think people have forgotten that PD throws random mish-mashes of cars on track for the sake of trailers. Zero indication of multiclass or tuning is being depicted.

It's already a great game graphically and
it's technically a PS5 game because when GTSport was in development, they were already using a PS5 Dev kit.

In theory as far as graphics go, its what you would find on a PS5 to a degree but because its on a PS4, the only downgrade because of cross-gen is no ray tracing.

It's weird to me that people talk like this. People don't say that something is a RTX 3060 game or an Intel i7-9700K game. Scaling graphics have been a thing forever on PC and they have also been a thing on consoles since 2016. I think we should just accept it and not think that we are missing out because a game runs on multiple different platforms.

Just really hoping we get to see Arcade Mode (and hoping all the cars are there in that game mode, or that it works similar to GT4 where collecting cars in the Campaign Mode will unlock it permanently for use there).

Another would be a majority of the cars seen in the game too.

I would assume its increased tessellation done to lower resolutions with fewer graphical effects over the top.

I'm really hoping for some new info about the dynamic changes in time and weather. So far there are only a few screenshots with information about it. I would like to see it on video.
They have shown the clouds rolling over time and a race in the rain. Hard to show in real time weather and time changes which would happen over a 20 minute plus race.

Back