Gran Turismo 7 takes center stage in an all-new State of Play, arriving Wednesday at 2pm Pacific:

• Thread starter GlamFM
  • 1,381 comments
I really await how my favorite track the Nordschleife will look in final version of GT7, and I really hope, with weather conditions. It’s certainly the most weather affected track on the world.
If PD are serious about weather simulation, they should give us localized weather differences in the Nürburgring and other big tracks.

It's already a great game graphically and
it's technically a PS5 game because when GTSport was in development, they were already using a PS5 Dev kit.

In theory as far as graphics go, its what you would find on a PS5 to a degree but because its on a PS4, the only downgrade because of cross-gen is no ray tracing.
There's other things then Graphics that use up memory and processing power, Physics been one of those underlying items. To get the Physics of ACC to work on the PS4 they had to sacrifice FPS, Graphics, Replays length, lobby sizes, among other things.

It's going to be a beautiful looking game on PS5, but theres no Ray tracing in the race on PS5, kaz said this , and you don't really need it in a racing game, Ray tracing in scapes.

The timing of the PS5 started development at the sametime as GTS, thing like the memory, and processor would not of been finalised until way after GTS came out. they did not use a PS5 dev kit. They probably knew what the General Plan for Ps5 was but there was no dev kit 5/6 years ago.

Their will be things that ended up been shelved to allow the cross play, The game mechanics according to Kaz are the same on the 4 as the PS5.

It was going to be a PS5 game then the money people stepped in, which would account for the delay,

Do you guys think we can expect Sierra track return? I think chances are pretty high, unless they will give us the Island of man TT or other huge track to complement Nurburgring.

It's weird to me that people talk like this. People don't say that something is a RTX 3060 game or an Intel i7-9700K game. Scaling graphics have been a thing forever on PC and they have also been a thing on consoles since 2016. I think we should just accept it and not think that we are missing out because a game runs on
PC games have minimum Specs, and optimal specs
PC Devs don't develop games for 8 year old tech, they don't sit around and say lets make a game that runs on an 8 year old system, They build the game to what's will be around when it released. They then add scaling to a point.

And as I said earlier Graphics, is not the only drain on Processing and Memory,

Do you guys think we can expect Sierra track return? I think chances are pretty high, unless they will give us the Island of man TT or other huge track to complement Nurburgring.
Sierra I'd give a 10% chance, IoM I'd give <1%. There's no reason to think either will be really, though Sierra would clearly be much less resource heavy to produce.

You guys seem adamant about the Testarossa being confirmed, however I think its just the 288 GTO, since that:

A: is a race car for the road like the F40

and B: is already in the game.

Who knows, maybe I'm wrong, maybe we're both right.

I wonder how crazy detailed the tyre modelling is... the video's showing the deformation hint at deepness! What if the haptics feed that to your fingertips and you feel the very edge of grip.... you could have perfect tyre management Hamilton style by listening to the subtlest of harmonic rumbles... whats eau rouge at full beans gonna actually haptic feedback to you can all these gyros in the pad give communicate suspension travel / inertia? Another thought what if they've mapped power bands to variable resistance LR so you can truly feel when you've got you're foot in it... Its fun to speculate because polyphony really go into ever higher detail who knows what they've kept from us for the State of Play reveal...

Is it me or is that GR Yaris in the clip coming out of a crash/collision with barrier? Weird that they'd show that, considering GT damage is usually so weak (and something they never display in promotional material)

Last edited:
You guys seem adamant about the Testarossa being confirmed, however I think its just the 288 GTO, since that:

Check the car list. ;)

Is it me or is that GR Yaris in the clip coming out of a crash/collision with barrier? Weird that they'd show that, considering GT damage is usually so weak (and something they never display in promotional material)
They do show crashes in trailers and intros all the time.

It's very definitely not the 288 GTO, because the 288 GTO doesn't exist.

That said, it's also not the GTO, which is the car everyone always calls the 288 GTO (except Ferrari and apparently Gran Turismo), because it's a very different shape.

Hi ! Hey gyus and rim's fans what is the Audi model for the car at the video start ? Sorry I missed if it was the "OG" TTS from GTSport or a new one ? Thx

Back