Gran Turismo 7 takes center stage in an all-new State of Play, arriving Wednesday at 2pm Pacific:

• Thread starter GlamFM
  • 1,381 comments
You guys seem adamant about the Testarossa being confirmed, however I think its just the 288 GTO, since that:

A: is a race car for the road like the F40

and B: is already in the game.

Who knows, maybe I'm wrong, maybe we're both right.
1643666537303.png

I thought it was the Testarossa also... then I saw the higher quality footage on Facebook and now I'm not so sure. I don't think the 'grill' is big enough to be one. Yet, I also don't think its the GTO either, for the exact same reason.

Either its the 308 GTS, or the motion blur does a really good job at hiding the fact its a Testarossa. I really hope its not though, because we already have the BBi, and GTO... which the addition of the GTS would add 3 Ferrari's that look extremely similar.
1643666993375.png

(Edited: I'm an idiot and don't know ferrari's very well)

Last edited:
Either its the 308 GTS, or the motion blur does a really good job at hiding the fact its a Testarossa. I really hope its not though, because we already have the GTB, GTO, F40... which the addition of the GTS would add 4 Ferrari's of the same platform in the game.
Now that you mention it, it does look like it has a really thin grill.

Possibly a full red version of the 512 BB?
126711_ef37edae369b9560.jpg

With more aero options being a thing now, this could be a modified Ferrari, which explains the confusion.

Now that you mention it, it does look like it has a really thin grill.

Possibly a full red version of the 512 BB?
126711_ef37edae369b9560.jpg

With more aero options being a thing now, this could be a modified Ferrari, which explains the confusion.
Nah, colors are very vibrant with GT7's color grading (even more so than sport, you can tell they improved it). We would be able to see the lights and grill clearly if it was there. Also, Rosso Corsa is not an option for the 512 in GT Sport, and neither does the option exist to remove the black accents on the bottom half of the cars. Also, the grill is still too large as I said. Not saying its impossible for it to be the 512, but all signs of it points in the direction of it not being one.

edit: I'm actually now going back to thinking its a Testarossa because I didn't account for the red mirrors in the trailer. Who knows, honestly.

Last edited:
Hoping they show the career mode along (which I hope is on GT4 level) with AI improvements. But knowing PD the AI probably ain't any different from past GT games. I want them to confirm NASCAR or some stock car is in the game and finally confirm muti class racing. I hope they come with some surprises because if not we're not looking at anything special.

View attachment 1109746
I thought it was the Testarossa also... then I saw the higher quality footage on Facebook and now I'm not so sure. I don't think the 'grill' is big enough to be one. Yet, I also don't think its the GTO either, for the exact same reason.

Either its the 308 GTS, or the motion blur does a really good job at hiding the fact its a Testarossa. I really hope its not though, because we already have the BBi, and GTO... which the addition of the GTS would add 3 Ferrari's that look extremely similar.
View attachment 1109747

(Edited: I'm an idiot and don't know ferrari's very well)
It's a Testarossa alright.

Koenigsegg would be sweet. I'm hoping Lotus makes the cut.
After all, Koenigsegg is the most-requested new manufacturer for Gran Turismo so I'm sure PD wouldn't miss out on that, and definitely understand that too.

If a games physics are tied to refresh rate and you cut refresh in half it’s going to significantly impact the feel of the game. Physics need to update as fast as possible otherwise **** starts getting spooky and end up with a broken physics engine that can’t keep up with the game.
Yup, with ACC on PS4, your wheel will oscillate more than on PS5 and especially PC because of the decreased frame rates.

Yup, with ACC on PS4, your wheel will oscillate more than on PS5 and especially PC because of the decreased frame rates.
Isn't that because of the FFB refresh rate? Is that really related to the refresh rate of the graphics?

But yes, it sounds reasonable that lower FFB refresh rate would lead to more delay and hence more oscillation.

I get oscillation in GT Sport when letting go of the wheel, even when standing still. In ACC on PC, with FFB refresh rate at 400 Hz, I don't. I haven't tried lowering refresh rate in ACC - maybe I will later today.

Last edited:
AFAIK the FFB refresh rate is unrelated to and not affected by frame rate.

They're entirely-different processes performing entirely-different functions.

Last edited:
Isn't that because of the FFB refresh rate? Is that really related to the refresh rate of the graphics?

But yes, it sounds reasonable that lower FFB refresh rate would lead to more delay and hence more oscillation.

I got oscillation in GT Sport when letting go of the wheel, even when standing still. In ACC on PC, with FFB refresh rate at 400 Hz, I don't. I have tried lowering refresh rate in ACC - maybe I will later today.
According to the internets, Yes. Kinda. Maybe…?

From the research I’ve done, the physics being different is linked to frame rates. Mainly having to do with compounding information being conveyed to you BECAUSE of the decreased frame rates.

And your corresponding delayed and incomplete reactions because of the decreased frame rates.

Makes sense I suppose.

All I do know is that ACC feels and plays better on PS5. I can’t wait for the update this month!

Oh yea, turn your FFB sensitivity down in-game to get rid of the “willies” on GTS. Worked for me at least

Last edited:
According to the internets, Yes. Kinda. Maybe…?

From the research I’ve done, the physics being different is linked to frame rates. Mainly having to do with compounding information being conveyed to you BECAUSE of the decreased frame rates.

And your corresponding delayed and incomplete reactions because of the decreased frame rates.

Makes sense I suppose.

All I do know is that ACC feels and plays better on PS5. I can’t wait for the update this month!

Oh yea, turn your FFB sensitivity down in-game to get rid of the “willies” on GTS. Worked for me at least
Yeah... Sounds like the internet is bull****ting...

Varying physics depending on hardware would surely be exploited and lead to an uneven playfield. Also, why would there even be a 400 Hz FFB refresh rate option in ACC when it's actually limited by graphical FPS, which is mostly 60-120 for people? It doesn't make sense.

I've played PC e-sports for decades, with varying hardware. Never have I felt or heard someone mention that mouse/keyboard inputs are affected by graphical FPS. However, with low FPS you have skipping frame rates and will have more difficulty reacting and hitting stuff. (And yes, some games might have glitches (!) where higher FPS actually affects something fundamental.)

It would be interesting if someone could provide a credible source, like something from one of the developers. The ACC developers seem to be quite open about these things.

I think it makes sense in layman’s terms.

And by that I mean……ummmm…..

….I’m no geek so bear with me.

The job of physics is to convey information by way of complementing the info you gather visually, right?

If those 2 things (physics engine and graphics engine) are on 2 SEPERATE pages, the physics of the game will be perceived as being off. Since perception of both mediums is all that really matters, then I could see where if those things are not working in harmony…. The 2 way street of information being received, interpreted and conveyed (in reverse order as well….. [by both the player and the computer] could get compounded and distorted).

I don’t remember where I saw this information, but it was very detailed and made sense. Enough sense where even someone like me could understand and make sense of it.

I feel like this is something @Scaff would know a lot about

Last edited:

The job of physics is to convey information by way of complementing the info you gather visually, right?

If those 2 things (physics engine and graphics engine) are on 2 SEPERATE pages, the physics of the game will be perceived as being off. Since perception of both mediums is all that really matters, then I could see where if those things are not working in harmony…. The 2 way street of information being received, interpreted and conveyed (in reverse order as well….. [by both the player and the computer] could get compounded and distorted).

I don’t remember where I saw this information, but it was very detailed and made sense. Enough sense where even someone like me could understand and make sense of it.

Sound logic but the premise "The job of physics is to convey information by way of complementing the info you gather visually" is wrong, I'm pretty sure for newer games. For really old games, where everything simply went slower when the FPS went down, or much faster when it went up, this would be perfectly applicable.
Look at what happens when you emulate old console games on PC. Crank the FPS and everything is sped up. Lower the FPS and you're playing in slow-motion. This doesn't happen in modern games where FPS only applies to graphics.

While you would think that was the case, it's actually not.

Technically the screen refresh rate, FFB rate, wheel/position read rate and physics rate can all differ (and within the physics engine different parts of it can be calculated at different rates), and often do. Now for console titles its incredibly difficult to find info on these differing rates, aside from the screen refresh rate. Two good examples being Driveclub 30fps/Hz and GTS being 60fps/Hz.

I've included Hz in there as it's directly comparable to fps and also the unit used to measure the other two, as Hz is defined as one cycle per second (of whatever it is).

These threads discusses some of the various rates for different titles...

...now I normally get around 90Hz at the display when I play RFactor 2, it has a base physics rate of 400Hz (but parts of its tyre model clock in at 2400Hz), wheel input rate in RF2 is at least 100Hz, but will vary by wheel up to the base physics rate as a top end (my T300 hits that so 400Hz as well)

However if you look at the original AMS, that runs at a FFB and Wheel input rate of 500Hz, with a base physics rate of 750Hz and I get around 120Hz frame rate out of it.

To make it simpler however, as long as the screen refresh rate is the lowest of these values all will pretty much be well, and ideally you want these to be multiples of each other to get the smoothest 'feel' between them, the WRC series on PC actually has an option to lock them as multiples to this end.

Last edited:
Well...

It's officially time to prepare yourself for GT7.

(In fact, Im ready since 1 year, but... 1 month, and...)

I wonder if Kaz and Morizo were/are working together. I mean in terms of getting new players to become enthusiastic about cars. Especially with new Toyotas sprouted up. Seems like a passion they both are vocal about and eager to share.

After all, Koenigsegg is the most-requested new manufacturer for Gran Turismo so I'm sure PD wouldn't miss out on that, and definitely understand that too.
Which, to me, just shows that there’s something fundamentally wrong in the world.

I’m a Swede, and I can’t think of a manufacturer that I would be less excited about than Koenigsegg, but kids today think anything with much horsepower is cool it seems. I’d rather have a two stroke SAAB.

Last edited:
Which, to me, just shows that there’s something fundamentally wrong in the world.

I’m a Swede, and I can’t think of a manufacturer that I would be less excited about than Koenigsegg, but kids today think anything with much horsepower is cool it seems. I’d rather have a two stroke SAAB.
Kids have always been that way. What posters did you have on your bedroom walls as a kid, SAAB 900 and Toyota Corrola or Lamborghini Countach and Ferrari F40?

Back