Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.49 Revealed: Eiger Nordwand to Return, Plus Six New Cars

• Thread starter Famine
  • 746 comments
I own a 1998 E36 M3 Coupe and have Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires on it. I for one CAN NOT wait to see how the virtual game car and tires behave in the game! This is going to be so much fun!

What I can’t quite figure out is what exact spec PD recreated. The wheels seen in the video show the Round Spoke Type II, M Double Spoke, LTW's. Those only came in the following specification M3’s; E36 M3 Convertible, LTW (Light Weight), and GT. The video clearly shows it’s not the Lightweight model. That was only made in 1995. It’s clearly not a convertible. LOL That only leaves us with the GT. I guess there could have been some different spec in some small market, but I can’t think of it now. I just hope they didn’t model it after a pieced together restoration. Anyway, so pumped for the 25th!

If tyres are getting some attention in this update then PD can surely sort out the custom race opponents’ tyres defaulting to standard compound issue!
97% AI throttle in custom race while they’re at it. “For balance” my arse. Awful design. Cannot BELIEVE someone actually said “yes that’ll do”. They are a AAA studio. They can do better.

I suppose I'll simply wait for the update to release before I try and gold S-4 then. Unless you don't actually HAVE to do all the tests again after a physics update, that is. Not sure if that's the case.

Last edited:
I suppose I'll simply wait for the update to release before I try and gold S-4 then. Unless you don't actually HAVE to do all the tests again after a physics update, that is. Not sure if that's the case
If previous physics updates are anything to go by, you do NOT have to redo any license tests.

FMW
I own a 1998 E36 M3 Coupe and have Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires on it. I for one CAN NOT wait to see how the virtual game car and tires behave in the game! This is going to be so much fun!

What I can’t quite figure out is what exact spec PD recreated. The wheels seen in the video show the Round Spoke Type II, M Double Spoke, LTW's. Those only came in the following specification M3’s; E36 M3 Convertible, LTW (Light Weight), and GT. The video clearly shows it’s not the Lightweight model. That was only made in 1995. It’s clearly not a convertible. LOL That only leaves us with the GT. I guess there could have been some different spec in some small market, but I can’t think of it now. I just hope they didn’t model it after a pieced together restoration. Anyway, so pumped for the 25th!
Style 24s were definitely an option on the E36 M3 coupe.

The car in the video is not a GT because a) it doesn't have a GT wing, b) it has facelift grills, and c) it's not British Racing Green.

Last edited:
FMW

What I can’t quite figure out is what exact spec PD recreated. The wheels seen in the video show the Round Spoke Type II, M Double Spoke, LTW's. Those only came in the following specification M3’s; E36 M3 Convertible, LTW (Light Weight), and GT. The video clearly shows it’s not the Lightweight model. That was only made in 1995. It’s clearly not a convertible. LOL That only leaves, us with the GT. I guess there could have been some different spec in some small market, but I can’t think of it now. I just hope they didn’t model it after a pieced together restoration. Anyway, so pumped for the 25th!

I agree, would love to know what car they have specifically modeled, Euro motor, or US... Standard or GT and so on. I suspect the base Euro 6 speed.

As for the wheels, the Style 24's were available via custom orders through the BMW individual buyers program. I own a 98 M3 sedan (US spec 5 speed), painted in Calypsorot Metallic, with style 24 LTW wheels... Wish PD had modeled the sedan.

Excited nonetheless to finally have the e36 in play! Bring on the green hell.

Style 24s were definitely an option on the E36 M3 coupe.

The car in the video is not a GT because a) it doesn't have a GT wing, b) it has facelift grills, and c) it's not British Racing Green.
You are right about the GT, only available on British racing green

These are ancient photos of the old girl, but Calypso still runs strong, despite 136k of front end paint chips.

If Kaz wants his team to laser scan a four door. Be my guest.
1000008477.jpg

1000008478.jpg
1000008479.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, it's nice to be able to pop into a vehicle solo and run it hard competitively, but in the next moment seat 4 adults. Truth be told though, the back seats are not generous... Plenty of room for kids car seats though, lol. Pretty solid dad car. 😆

I think the mafia "Sentinel" in Grand Theft Auto 3 got me hooked on the euro sedans.

1000008480.jpg

Last edited:
"New" physics doesn't necessarily mean "improved".
I'm pretty sure it will be an improvement if the previous updates are any indication.
Lucas Ordoñez in the Spanish comments of the Montreal event was talking a lot about the changes to the physics engine after talking with Mikail Hızal, who seems to be one of the main people responsible for beta testing at Polyphony, and the competing drivers.
The changes will focus on the suspensions and tires. According to him, they have made the physics of force transfer in braking, weight distribution and lateral balance more complex and have changed tire degradation. With the new update the tires will wear more with aggressive driving and appear to perform worse at high wear levels (this is something that could be clearly seen at the Montreal event).

In any case, I suppose that the GtPlanet team will be preparing an article about it.
This will dramatically change the game.
I am curious about the physics. I don't know what is more realistic, but I know I did like the release version better than the physics we got from the last big update.
The original physics were very hard to work with. The weight transfer was far too exaggerated and driving in the wet was almost impossible in rear drive cars. Porsche 911's suffered from this issue the most.

We’re definitely in need of some 1990-1999 two wheel drive three-box four door sedans. Most non-super cars in-game are FF or 4WD and 4WD hatchbacks. Even Gr.4 race cars are 4WD or hatches with not one two-wheel drive four door sedan.

Anyway, this is going to change the game, again, for me.
7142811274557030420_0.jpg
8430822074004538396_0.jpg
8584503004652110868_0.jpg
7431591404709609500_0.jpg

8583940065570324508_0.jpg

8431390522051920916_0.jpg
8574932866116355092_0.jpg

I very much welcome getting the option for tire stickers also on race-converted road cars. I also am very fond of Michelin. But Michelin tires on Falken-sponsored cars?
I mimicked the Falken R34 before the tyre glitch. Didn’t bother to change the stickers.

It’s not uncommon with other tyre brand stickers on race cars. Even wheel brands. The real world GT4 Nurburgring Supra livery have BBS stickers and Falken stickers, but the wheels are OZ Racing and the tyres are Pirelli.
1720511163579.jpeg

1720511214599.jpeg

Here, it has Bridgestone stickers with Pirellis.
1720511110963.jpeg

I wonder what tuning options those new cars will have. Especially Gallardo i hope we will be able to recreate the Super Trofeo Stradale:
Nah… l they’ll let you turn it into a rally car though… with extra fog lights, a bull bar and spare wheel on the roof :’)

I mimicked the Falken R34 before the tyre glitch. Didn’t bother to change the stickers.

It’s not uncommon with other tyre brand stickers on race cars. Even wheel brands. The real world GT4 Nurburgring Supra livery have BBS stickers and Falken stickers, but the wheels are OZ Racing and the tyres are Pirelli.

Here, it has Bridgestone stickers with Pirellis.
I see your point, but there are differences: the main "sponsor" of this car is Gazoo Racing and there are many smaller sponsors, thus having wheels and tires from companies differing from the many listed brands is not as unusual. Also, the tire stickers are unicolor. The Michelin tire stickers we will get are much larger and have the Michelin colors, thus they are visually much more dominant.

I find the Michelin-only off-putting for many liveries in terms of colors and sponsor logic, but maybe that's just me. I do welcome that we can get tire stickers on road cars now.

Last edited:
Yeah I noticed this during this years N24. Most of the top gt3 cars had Falken stickers above the front wheels yet used Michelin tyres during the race. Falken prob sponsor the event so cars must have their logo similar to how gran turismo has their name on the window banners.

They used the new physics at the Tournament in Montreal this weekend.

I suspect they have been running 1.49 at Montreal.

I watched a bit of the sprint race qualifying at Watkins Glen in the supercars, and during the grid panning camera you can clearly see the tyre sidewalls are Michelin Pilot Sport road tyres.

kjb
I'm good with the new track as I feel like we don't have enough tracks for smaller, slower cars. I will definitely take my kei cars there and have some fun
I have so many cars under 200hp that have been waiting for somewhere like this to return.
I agree, would love to know what car they have specifically modeled, Euro motor, or US... Standard or GT and so on. I suspect the base Euro 6 speed.

As for the wheels, the Style 24's were available via custom orders through the BMW individual buyers program. I own a 98 M3 sedan (US spec 5 speed), painted in Calypsorot Metallic, with style 24 LTW wheels... Wish PD had modeled the sedan.

Excited nonetheless to finally have the e36 in play! Bring on the green hell.

You are right about the GT, only available on British racing green

These are ancient photos of the old girl, but Calypso still runs strong, despite 136k of front end paint chips.

If Kaz wants his team to laser scan a four door. Be my guest.
View attachment 1371014
View attachment 1371015View attachment 1371016
As a European, I recall the Style 24 was the most seen wheel on the Evolution coupe and convertible and you rarely ever saw them in period with Doppelspeiche II unless optioned. Since we didn't have an LTW and four different wheel designs across the two versions and 3 bodystyles, the USDM spec is almost irrelevant to the car PD has added.

I see your point, but there are differences: the main "sponsor" of this car is Gazoo Racing and there are many smaller sponsors, thus having wheels and tires from companies differing from the many listed brands is not as unusual. Also, the tire stickers are unicolor. The Michelin tire stickers we will get are much larger and have the Michelin colors, thus they are visually much more dominant.

I find the Michelin-only off-putting for many liveries in terms of colors and sponsor logic, but maybe that's just me. I do welcome that we can get tire stickers on road cars now.
When I started using the glitch there were lots of stickers I had to replace. :lol: Since GT Sport, pretty much 99% of liveries I made have Michelin stickers. Made sure I prepared for the day, if there ever were a day, PD unlocked the branding.
I guess if we at least have choices of Michelin styles it would suit cars from classics to modern cars.

Back