Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.52 Discussion Thread

• Thread starter notarjy
  • 488 comments
Not in game for a few more hours..but early reports have stated that the physics were rolled back to pre 1.49 instead of fixing what was a great physics update…albeit incomplete.

Any confirmations?

Are oscillations still present at speed on the faster cars?
Is the ddX 300mm official wheel still a bug fest?

I am excited about the cars and the engine swaps. Now that some cars have 2 choices maybe the Tuscan will get a V12 option so we could kinda sort have a Speed 12 😁

I'm gonna try a few engine swaps this weekend in some custom races of my choosing with all the new cars included. That'll be sweet and fun. Plus checking out the other cool features and weekly challenges!

kjb
I am excited about the cars and the engine swaps. Now that some cars have 2 choices maybe the Tuscan will get a V12 option so we could kinda sort have a Speed 12 😁
Not in game for a few more hours..but early reports have stated that the physics were rolled back to pre 1.49 instead of fixing what was a great physics update…albeit incomplete.

Any confirmations?

I really hope not.... I've just spent the last month retuning all my favorite cars! If that is the case I think this might be the moment I end my GT addiction and delete

Building an engine swapped HiAce seems like a potential death trap, especially when you consider that the suspension tends to feel like Jell-O.

Car content is meh for me. 2 months wait for what is essentially copy-paste. All three of these cars existed in the game already in some variation, so they had an easier go of it this time around. Easily 70 percent of the assets can (and have) be reused from those other cars.

However, the introduction of the evo meeting is very nice throwback to earlier titles! :)
I don't use any Japanese cars in this game unless I have to so totally uninterested in any of these 'new' cars.

I really hope not.... I've just spent the last month retuning all my favorite cars! If that is the case I think this might be the moment I end my GT addiction and delete
So if the Tuscan gets a V12 swap you’re going to delete the game? 🤔

Any confirmations?

I cant play until night but from what I read is not a full roll back.
Seems they rolled back physics related to ABS and braking system but the rest still the same.

Sadly, the super formulas FFB are not fixed

It isn't.

That's... a choice. Why?
Good to know the physics haven't materially changed... thank's for confirming :-)

I don't use the Japanese car's because they're all boring. Although I do have an NSX '02 in my favorites though.

What I would like to see in this game is a better balancing of fuel economy so that it's possible, for example, to make a 700pp Porsche Cayman that can do the WTC 700 races.... but I guess that's a separate discussion.

Last edited:
kjb
So if the Tuscan gets a V12 swap you’re going to delete the game? 🤔
No, I meant if the physics change again.

I'm not convinced about the viability of a lot of the engine swaps either though. I just bought 2 '69 mustangs and tuned one to 700pp with the engine swap and one to 700pp with the 7 liter standard engine.... only the 7 liter will do 3 laps of Le Mans without a pitstop, making it the only viable one for farming the 700 race there. Not sure what the point of the engine swap is.

I don't use the Japanese car's because they're all boring.
That seems like a curiously broad brush for such a wild range of vehicles.

I'm not sure how all... 230-odd of them can be imbued with this same single characteristic, given that they have the widest variety of engines, engine placement, aspiration, drivetrains, sizes, and weights in the game.

In GT Auto there’s a rear wing option for the Evolution VIII which installs body coloured rear wing stands plus a vortex generator on the roof. For some reason you cannot have the vortex generator in combination with the all-dark default rear wing.

I think re-opening tickets gives the same result as pre-patch. I've opened a bunch of stashed ones and every reward was the same (engines & cars).

I'm not sure how all... 230-odd of them can be imbued with this same single characteristic, given that they have the widest variety of engines, engine placement, aspiration, drivetrains, sizes, and weights in the game.
Oh come on, it's common knowledge that the Toyota HiAce and the Mazda 787B are literally the same car! 🤣

I don't use the Japanese car's because they're all boring. Although I do have an NSX '02 in my favorites though.
Tom Cruise What GIF

Just think of all the classic Alfa's, Lambo's and classic british cars like the Jensen Interterceptor Restomod they could put into the game instead.

This is the most insane thing I've read on these forums. No matter your viewpoint, this reeks of all sorts of strange, myopic thinking and calls into question your views on pretty much anything.

You suggest a Jensen Interceptor as one of your exciting wishes?! A British made (quality!) Chrysler mash up with an ugly butt and driving dynamics that would make the Hiace feel like a Huracan? Ok, you're surely out to lunch.

Still harboring a grudge from WWII?

Last edited:
Just think of all the classic Alfa's, Lambo's and classic british cars like the Jensen Interterceptor Restomod they could put into the game instead.
Why? This idea of cars being in the game "instead" of others is unsafe. There's no evidence that PD could add any particular vehicle you like but isn't doing so. They're limited by several factors, one of the biggest of which is licensing.

But itt's not related to the idea of why Japanese cars are all boring in your book. And there's plenty of classic Japanese cars there too for you. Given the huge spread - more than any other nation or indeed region in the game - of sizes, shapes, power, weight, engine type, engine placement, aspiration, driven wheels, etc., why is it just Japanese cars that are all boring? What makes them boring and doesn't make other cars boring? How are they all imbued with this one single characteristic across ~230 cars?

This is the most insane thing I've read on these forums. No matter your viewpoint, this reeks of all sorts of strange, myopic thinking and calls into question your views on pretty much anything.

You suggest a Jensen Interceptor as one of your exciting wishes?! A British made (quality!) Chrysler mash up with an ugly butt and driving dynamics that would make the Hiace feel like a Huracan? Ok, you're surely out to lunch.

Still harboring a grudge from WWII?
There's no need to start being abusive and racist. I'm merely pointing out that classic sports cars are more interesting to me than an old van or a slight update to a car that's already in the game. There's no need for your vitriol, which is rather strange.

Why? This idea of cars being in the game "instead" of others is unsafe. There's no evidence that PD could add any particular vehicle you like but isn't doing so. They're limited by several factors, one of the biggest of which is licensing.

But itt's not related to the idea of why Japanese cars are all boring in your book. And there's plenty of classic Japanese cars there too for you. Given the huge spread - more than any other nation or indeed region in the game - of sizes, shapes, power, weight, engine type, engine placement, aspiration, driven wheels, etc., why is it just Japanese cars that are all boring? What makes them boring and doesn't make other cars boring? How are they all imbued with this one single characteristic across ~230 cars?
What makes them boring to my mind is that a lot of them are very similar.. there's something like six lancers for instance. Also there aren't any high-end cars - they're all affordable mid-range cars. Also, they're mostly either very modern, or from the 90's where all cars were pretty boring... there's no classics style wise.

Noticed the new GT-R has Premium edition in the name. The '17 GT-R doesn't, yet it did in GT Sport?
Also why is the e lowercase. Do I have ocd.

Latest Posts

Back