Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 12,014 comments
3DAF283A-2209-4DDF-80AE-84E87CB237CA.jpeg

I wasn’t going try again after that first slot nightmare but decided I couldn’t let it lie as I was doing 56.1s in practice and felt that should surely get me a decent result.

Glad I did as grabbed pole position for a second round in a row! :cheers:

D55EEA02-F9EE-4390-AB8F-0B86012EE42E.jpeg

Wanted to break slip so I could just concentrate on my race. Did that early on and had a 3 second gap by half way. The Silvia that started 3rd got past the BMW behind and was suddenly chasing me down. He put in the fastest lap and was cutting the gap to me by 2-3 tenths a lap. When the gap was down to 1.7 seconds I had the beautiful sight in the mirror of him binning it at BBB. Did have a bit of a fright last lap when I pit and came out in 2nd. Thinking he had pulled off some amazing first lap pit strategy but turned out he hadn’t pit :lol:

Could just keep it clean and take a very rare win!!! (Shame the 188 points was a bit rubbish)

:gtpflag:

1D090183-AC29-4234-986D-943F4717FCE1.jpeg

Last edited:
I've just had a rollercoaster of a time with the rollercoaster of a track.

I was originally intending to do the 5pm UK time slot, but for the life of me could not get into the 56s after previously getting as low as a 56.3. Getting very frustrated, my VR headset then decided during signup that it wanted to go back to the "can't track surroundings" malarky after I thought I'd fixed it last night, so I bailed out of the signup with just a couple of minutes to go with the intention of just doing it on the TV.

Except... when you've done EVERYTHING with the VR headset for a week, going back to the TV all of a sudden feels completely alien. I was definitely surprised to see several years worth of experience playing the game decide to go on holiday as I couldn't gauge distances at all and was overshooting everything.

Now even more frustrated (pretty much foaming at the mouth to be honest!) I rearranged the area around my racing rig and dumped random stuff around it to try give the headset more things to track from in the hopes it wouldn't do it again and jumped back in. Thankfully, something finally clicked again as I was able to get the crazy hairpin right and start continually setting laps in the 56s, including a surprise 56.286.

When I got into the race, I wanted to rub my eyes (but couldn't, thanks headset!) thinking "what the..." because I had been put into the same race as @Tidgney. I was also in with @LVS_1986. :D

Qualifying continued the feelings of disbelief as I somehow managed to pull a 56.296 out of my butt and start P4. I completely outqualified myself here as I did not have the pace to hold it. I'm still trying to get used to being around other players in VR and have very little confidence in trying to defend so I ended up thinking "I'll just pit lap 1 and try get some clear space". Except the Mazda behind me followed me in, and little did I know that the Citroen and AMG starting P7 and P8 had pitted at the end of lap 2 and emerged right as we were rounding turn 1. My attempt to get some clear space ended up with me holding up a train of cars. :scared:

PS: Dear Polyphony, having that kind of information mid-race whilst playing in VR would be really nice wink wink nudge nudge.

I just couldn't hold the Citroen and AMG off and they managed to get past me in fairly short order, with the Mazda following a little later. It seems my method of taking the hairpin is just a bit different to everyone else as I gave the Citroen a bit of a bump there on lap 4 and almost spun him around, but I made sure to lift off, let him recover (thankfully not causing him to lose any positions on track) and then apologised after the race.

Expecting P7/P8 or such, I just tried to get my head down and pump in the laps. Fate it seems however, wasn't done... but thankfully in a good way for me. It turns out there was some major fighting that turned really, really dirty further up the track so I gained a couple positions back from rage quits and foul play. Then in a further surprise, on the final lap, the Citroen (who had completely dropped me by this stage) had binned it at the end of sector 1, so I moved back up to P4 and claimed 229 points.

That kind of points would have been a fantastic result in my books any day of the week, but doing it in VR after going into this with a really bad mindset? That's definitely a one-and-done. :P

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Ferrari will sign me up to their strategy department with my 1,000 IQ strat in this race.

After a few laps at the weekend I did not feel this track and felt aprehensive all day on whether I would do it or not, especially as I had an errand or 2 after work making me late. Good job I did as the laps before the slot made it all click and I found a good rhythm. I managed to move within a second of some of my much faster friends on the leaderboard which even for a short track is good for me.
In qualy I had pole after my first lap but fell down to 5th after improvements when it all shook out.
My strat was to take advantage of clean air and pit lap 1 unless everyone else did. I was 1 of three and the lead car to do so. I put the laps in and was rewarded with being just behind the leader (at the time) when he came out of the pits lap 12. He had a 3 second penalty for cutting the entry. I went past him into BBB and with the better Merc grunt he was back ahead into T1 which I wasn't going to fight. I held on for a couple of laps before he binned it out of BBB. I was P2 after everyone had pitted with a Spaniard closing in. I managed to hold him off and cross the line P2 for a much better result than I could have asked for at the start of the day.
fa96bd072c90b6a9259bf920dd0ce95d_photo.webp

The Lamborghini has been absolutely murdered, gutted, slaughtered, mullered - everything. It's absolutely nowhere now. I was losing about 4-5 tenths from the run to the hairpin to turn 1 simply because the car has genuinely got no power. I'd pull a few tenths through sector 1, just to lose it all twice over in sector 2.
I don't think the top Huracan time is even below 56, which checks out as I was about 0.5-0.6s below where I felt like I should've been. It's amazingly slow. I get 4WD needed a knock down, but the poor Lambo didn't deserve that!

On the fun side, there was an angry Italian driver in my race that drove like being overtaken would result in his family being deleted from reality. Someone got fed up of this, pushed him aside to overtake him, and as a result the Italian sent it 100mph into the hairpin to try and remove him from existence.

24eacff802cc9c35713db82bdc691137_photo.jpg

He missed.

The new Sport Mode time trial is Gr.3. Does that mean we can rent any Gr.3 car for it? If so, it will be a nice opportunity to try out all the Manu Gr.3 cars.

The new Sport Mode time trial is Gr.3. Does that mean we can rent any Gr.3 car for it? If so, it will be a nice opportunity to try out all the Manu Gr.3 cars.
Confirm you can rent all Gr.3 cars that are applicable....

I just finished the Americas GT1 Manu race. I was surprised to see some DR B drivers in with us.

Qualified seventh with a 57.1. I had half a second in hand but on the second lap the Ferrari leading the pack started to lose it and bunched us all up...

In the race I got up to sixth at the hairpin, and a couple laps later one of the cars in front spun. Pitted on the last lap and came home fifth for 146 points.

Another boring Magiorre race.

DSC_3944.JPG

Last edited:
I jumped in the 7pm NA GT1 slot, my first GTWS race in VR. It was a stronger than usual lobby for me, I was ranked at the bottom of the full 16 car field. I put in a decent run to have my Corvette P8 on the grid. The first half of the lap was clean, then a wreck happened at the top of the hill that I miraculously threaded the needle through. This put me P5 and the top 6 ran very tight the entire race. I maintained my position after pitting, when an SLS lost it coming out of the downhill right hander on the 19th lap to grant me P4. I managed to get the the bumper of the Alfa 155 in front of me, but it was not enough and I settled for P4 and 164 points. I really enjoy the flow of this layout. A mini race info page is definitely needed in the MFD when using VR, I had no idea what lap it was or who was doing what until I pitted. Racing in VR is an absolute game changer to me, especially in a quality lobby like this.

Last edited:
Last time this combo came up, it was a fuel saver race and I finished DFL in both attempts. Would history repeat itself?

Slot 7: Qualified 13th in Top Split and elected to do a long first stint when the car directly in front of me pitted. I got up to 4th place as more people ahead gradually made their own pit stops, and I pitted on Lap 18 and came out of the pits in 12th, only to be overtaken at the sweeping left-hander immediately and demoted back to 13th, which is where I finished, so not last (there was a full 16-car grid for once)! Only worth 181 points so I was definitely going again.

Slot 8: Somehow went almost a tenth faster than my best FP time to set a 56.2 and start P10, again in Top Split. That didn't last long at all though as the Aston that started behind me attacked me like I was in one of the turbocharged cars instead of the Corvette. Even though the Gr. 4 Corvette is hot garbage in its current state, it usually at least has decent initial acceleration. I had nothing for the Aston though and he took the spot as soon as we got to T1, and an 86 shot up the inside of me at T2, then a Ferrari got by at the hairpin, and in about 30s I'd lost 3 spots. Naturally I decided to pit, as did the Cayman that started last (15th) and we emerged 14th and 15th. The Cayman eventually got by at the hairpin, only to mess up in the same spot battling another car just in front of us (that had also pitted) just a few laps later, allowing me back by into 14th. Eventually the Toyota from earlier pitted and came out just in front of me, and I used his slipstream of the 86 to hold off the Cayman until near the end of the race, when he finally got by. That's right, I, in a CORVETTE was using an 86 for its slipstream...that's how broken the Gr.4 Corvette is right now. The Cayman and 86 then battled hard for a few laps, including side-by-side through the esses, but unfortunately for me they kept it clean and didn't take each other out, so I crossed the line in 15th...and LAST 💩. I had no major issues, no penalties, no major collisions, and still dropped 5 spots from my starting position and finished last.

The Gr.3 Corvette is better, but actually still REALLY slow for a "power" car, so Spa is likely to be difficult too, but at least I like the track so hopefully that compensates for how garbage the Corvettes are with this BoP.

Last edited:
I 🤬 hate short courses!

The BOP applied to the Vipers' just just unfortunate. I never see one in the top spots when I look at standings. Come on PD let the snake out to play!

When I got into the race, I wanted to rub my eyes (but couldn't, thanks headset!) thinking "what the..." because I had been put into the same race as @Tidgney. I was also in with @LVS_1986. :D
I dont know why game put me in lobby with you guys🤷🏻‍♂️ It was my 2nd(and last) race. In first I was in much weaker lobby(180pts for a win) as usual messed up qualy, P8 -> P6 149pts. Decided to go again as I know I can do better(no I dont)😂 Congrats for great result🍻

Need to get some Z Cars practice in tonight. Not really a fan of the modern cars so will likely end up racing the 432.

The #1 Corvette driver in the entire Americas region only has 188 points after last night...
Even my last place finish last night was still good enough to be the 4th-best Chevy driver in the region.

No one even drove it in EMEA :lol:. Somehow Chevy isn't last in the standings - that honor belongs to Subaru(?!), who also had no drivers from EMEA.

Last edited:
Need to get some Z Cars practice in tonight. Not really a fan of the modern cars so will likely end up racing the 432.
I do love Nations Cups as it throws up some great races but last weeks and this weeks combos just doesn’t interest me. Think Nations has been poor over the exhibition season.

—————

Manufactures next week looks like it going to be fun and pot luck. Just jumped on quickly to quick the weather and it looks like full dynamic weather has been enabled. 1 lobby I jumped into had rain but moving away, but the next lobby had rain from the start so looks like it could be fun.

Manufactures next week looks like it going to be fun and pot luck. Just jumped on quickly to quick the weather and it looks like full dynamic weather has been enabled. 1 lobby I jumped into had rain but moving away, but the next lobby had rain from the start so looks like it could be fun.
Not sure I can go an hour in the rain without crashing any of the Ford GTs. May have to revert back to the reliable old Mustang.

The #1 Corvette driver in the entire Americas region only has 188 points after last night...
Even my last place finish last night was still good enough to be the 4th-best Chevy driver in the region.

No one even drove it in EMEA :lol:. Somehow Chevy isn't last in the standings - that honor belongs to Subaru(?!), who also had no drivers from EMEA.
Wow i know chevy is has been neglected in the BoP changes but never expected them to be ignored that much by the drivers. Highest points for a chevy driver in EMEA is 167!! the Gr.4 is really bad now. Used to be strong, especially on power tracks. I did a quick test with a few Gr.4s at Dragon Trail and i was 0.7 seconds a lap slower in the Vette compared to the Mustang. Was even 0.3 seconds a lap slower than the Hyundai!

Wow i know chevy is has been neglected in the BoP changes but never expected them to be ignored that much by the drivers. Highest points for a chevy driver in EMEA is 167!! the Gr.4 is really bad now. Used to be strong, especially on power tracks. I did a quick test with a few Gr.4s at Dragon Trail and i was 0.7 seconds a lap slower in the Vette compared to the Mustang. Was even 0.3 seconds a lap slower than the Hyundai!
For some reason the Gr.4 Corvette seems especially vulnerable to physics changes. Every time they update the game physics or the tire model, it gets worse to drive, while other cars are unaffected. It was the same way in GTS too - in fact in GTS it was so bad at one point that it was being outrun by Caymans and 86s not just in the corners, but on the straights! And now as I mentioned in my race recap, an Aston passed me at the start like I'd fallen asleep at the wheel!

I tried all the cars in the last two days :lol: In the end I think I will use the '89 Z32, it's the one I was most confortable :)

Despite the fact that the board is dominated by the '23 Z :ill:

Fwiw theres basically no track limits on the last corner coming onto the straight so use as much as humanly possible by running wide as ****..

Last edited by a moderator:
I was initially practicing with the '23 Z like everyone at the top. I just gave the '71 a try and shaved 1/2 a second off. I'm wondering if the soft tires will make the difference in race conditions worthwhile enough?

EDIT: scratch that....a bit more practice and I just squashed that previous best time in the '23 Z by nearly a full second, I just realized the first time I did a run on the '23 Z I was using Hard instead of Med tires lol.

Last edited:
Whatever system PD use to “balance” cars doesn’t work. They need to just acknowledge it and stop pretending there’s several viable cars. It is impossible to be competitive in anything other than the 23 in this race. I ran the 71 3 times and every time I simply got mobbed after turn 1 and then blocked everywhere I was faster. No fun.

And the Oceania slots are absolutely hideous. 5pm top split was me (A+), 2 A’s and 2 B’s. That was it. 5 cars. I mean, why even bother? There are simply not enough players for 10 different slots and the points are abysmal. 195 for a top split win. Pathetic.

Whatever system PD use to “balance” cars doesn’t work. They need to just acknowledge it and stop pretending there’s several viable cars. It is impossible to be competitive in anything other than the 23 in this race. I ran the 71 3 times and every time I simply got mobbed after turn 1 and then blocked everywhere I was faster. No fun.

And the Oceania slots are absolutely hideous. 5pm top split was me (A+), 2 A’s and 2 B’s. That was it. 5 cars. I mean, why even bother? There are simply not enough players for 10 different slots and the points are abysmal. 195 for a top split win. Pathetic.
I saw you in that race in someone else stream, that was ridiculous indeed :irked:

Let's see if the Z32 can do a decent job in about 45 minutes :scared:

I'll be bucking the trend and taking the Z33 '07 when I go later as that's the one I've been fastest and most consistent with by far.

I'm going to get bullied out of existence by the swarm of Z Performance '23s, aren't I? 😅

I saw you in that race in someone else stream, that was ridiculous indeed :irked:

Let's see if the Z32 can do a decent job in about 45 minutes :scared:
Oh great, there was a stream of me binning it horribly. How humiliating.
I'll be bucking the trend and taking the Z33 '07 when I go later as that's the one I've been fastest and most consistent with by far.

I'm going to get bullied out of existence by the swarm of Z Performance '23s, aren't I? 😅
Yes.

Last edited:
Back