Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 12,014 comments
PD need to sort the problems with the punters not been given the rightful penalty they deserve :irked: and I'm saying this as this morning I unfortunally punted someone during this round :ill: I was called dirty and I felt uneasy :guilty:

What do you think ? It happened at 04:25 :indiff:

For the rest........the Pallas is a fantastic car :embarrassed:

Hey that's me with an exceedingly rare race win. I find it fairly hilarious that this is pretty much the only time I've felt naturally fast with a combo and it's a sodding 1970 Citroën.

As for your incident, I'm sure it wasn't on purpose but yes sadly it was definitely a punt. The brake markers you have on look pretty much spot on for that corner and you can see you brake late. These things happen though so I'd just apologise and move on.

The track limits at the right hander onto the back straight both at the apex and exit were also hilarious.

You punted him but it surely was just a mistake, not on purpose. Mistakes happen to as all. Strange you did not get a penalty....agree that again the penalty system needs to be sorted.
But anyone that knows your attitude to racing here would never consider you as a dirty driver.

And to me this Citroen is the most beautiful car ever, so far ahead of its time...If i could own one classic car it would be this one.

And this one:
View attachment 1234387

And this one:
View attachment 1234388

Hey that's me with an exceedingly rare race win. I find it fairly hilarious that this is pretty much the only time I've felt naturally fast with a combo and it's a sodding 1970 Citroën.

As for your incident, I'm sure it wasn't on purpose but yes sadly it was definitely a punt. The brake markers you have on look pretty much spot on for that corner and you can see you brake late. These things happen though so I'd just apologise and move on.

The track limits at the right hander onto the back straight both at the apex and exit were also hilarious.
@MCL1974 Thank you very much :embarrassed:

@watto79 you too :embarrassed: and yeah, a good braking is really a question of few centimeters sometime :indiff: Congratulations for the victory, very dominant indeed :cool:

I like the DS at Maggiore but why is there tarmac run off on the inside and outside of the right hander onto the back straight?

It's just ridiculous how much track you can get away with cutting or extending, really makes a mess of the combo

But if you go one pixel too wide in the esses…

Some very strange track limit decisions there.

PD need to sort the problems with the punters not been given the rightful penalty they deserve :irked: and I'm saying this as this morning I unfortunally punted someone during this round :ill: I was called dirty and I felt uneasy :guilty:

It wasn't a punt more of an accidental hit. Apologise and maybe wait for them. Otherwise nothing dirty that I saw.

Seemed to have good pace with this combo. Car felt unusually good for a French one. However I accidentally hit someone in qualy which ruined 1 lap and then made a mistake into the last hairpin on my last run. So all in all I qualified 7th.
Start went o.k. and the expected hits from behind happened into T1. I got away with it and was still in 7th at the end of the lap.
From there I made postitions up to P4 as others battled or spun. However going up the inside of an Italian (who was rather aggressive to a lot of people) through T1 I was squeezed enough to get a corner cut penalty. (And a rather large tap out of the corner.) That meant I fell back down the order and managed to get one place back from a slow German for P7. So I finished where I started and got some decent points to start the campaign with.

I just had my first race in VR and that was quite overwhelming. It was good in the sense that I gained positions, but bad in that it saw my SR drop to A. :scared: It's definitely going to take some time to get used to this and my lack of experience around other cars from this viewpoint was on clear display. Even whilst trying to be careful, I'm afraid I might have a DR reset in my future with how close-quarters this race and the Manufacturers round will be.

Lap 1 saw me accidentally knocking someone wide at the last bend. I was two-wide and on the inside with a Spaniard to my left, with a Romanian close behind an Italian in front of us. I think the Italian hit the brakes earlier than the Romanian was expecting, causing the Romanian to take avoiding action mid-braking. I'd started braking too late to account for anything like that and I punted the Romanian wide. :ouch:

Moving onto lap 5, I then had another collision with a German that pushed him/her onto the grass. He/she broke a bit earlier than I was expecting at the first braking point so I had to swerve right, and then we made contact at the apex as he/she continued turning in. I'm not certain but I think it may have been another VR player as I saw their hazard lights come up for a few seconds earlier in the race - resetting their viewpoint?

Other than that I'm loving the VR, but right now proper races are very intense. :scared:

Last edited:

So my view on this is

1. Looks like an accident more than anything. Just braked too late.

2. So the only thing stopped you getting a penalty here was the car ahead stayed on the track. I’ve found if you keep the car on the track the person who hits you doesn’t get a penalty. Go off track then the penalty applies but the car goi g off track then loses out more too.

3. Whether this was intended or accidental (which I believe it is an accident) you should have given the position back. Yes you would have lost 2 places as another car filtered in between you, but you gained a position and I can see why they called you dirty after a race.

So my view on this is

1. Looks like an accident more than anything. Just braked too late.

2. So the only thing stopped you getting a penalty here was the car ahead stayed on the track. I’ve found if you keep the car on the track the person who hits you doesn’t get a penalty. Go off track then the penalty applies but the car goi g off track then loses out more too.

3. Whether this was intended or accidental (which I believe it is an accident) you should have given the position back. Yes you would have lost 2 places as another car filtered in between you, but you gained a position and I can see why they called you dirty after a race.
Yeah, the 3rd point is........on point :ill: The reason that I did not stop is because I was waiting for the penalty, but it didn't happen :boggled:

it's a shame that this performance was tainted; i just discovered that this, in regard of points, is my best ever result for 1 point, 261 against the 260 I got from my victory in the Barcelona Rallycross round in E.S. Season 1 :lol:

Yeah, the 3rd point is........on point :ill: The reason that I did not stop is because I was waiting for the penalty, but it didn't happen :boggled:

it's a shame that this performance was tainted; i just discovered that this, in regard of points, is my best ever result for 1 point, 261 against the 260 I got from my victory in the Barcelona Rallycross round in E.S. Season 1 :lol:
Yeah that a fair point too about waiting for a penalty to be applied. I've done it in the past in that I carried on racing waiting for the pen. Guess its situational on when, how and if you give a position back.

I ended up going again for the sake of trying to get more experience in VR. The race I got was not what I was expecting at all, and went much better. Going in as A+/A I was predicting that I'd end up in a lower-rated lobby than my previous one. Instead it turned into the highest-rated lobby I've ever been in to the best of my memory. :boggled:

My qualifying was very much off the pace, with my 1:01.318 only being good enough for P14 out of 15. (Seems like someone failed to connect or something, it never said 16.)

Starting towards the back however was exactly what I likely needed though, giving me time to try settle down rather than being thrust straight into the melee. My race ended up being much cleaner than the first attempt as well. I did have some contact with a Portuguese driver at the first braking point on the final lap but not enough to cause him/her to lose their position, so I think it'd be fair to call it a racing incident? I took a very tight line trying to defend from @F4H Super GT and whilst it was slightly divebomb-ish I did get it stopped on the sausage kerb on the apex.

Started P14, ended P8 for 202 points. Still at A+/A but I'm hoping my SR went up from that... Definitely done with this round now; now it's time to practice the Lago Maggiore West End rollercoaster for Wednesday's Manufacturers round. That banked hairpin in VR is something else!

Edit - Turns out the post-race screen doesn't show updated ratings like GTS did. My SR did go back up to S. :)

Last edited:
Wacky little road cars once again prove themselves to give better racing than Gr3 could ever dream of. Crying shame we don't get more like this.

Ran a few slots, bungled the first one completely, got punted and finished P14, had an unremarkable 2nd race that saw me finish midpack - but a solid 3rd race in @Tidgney 's (hello!) split that I took 5th in.

Lots of fun. Love these cars and types of races a lot.
436a5a97f2ede10e36409c1401f87b5d_photo.png

I do my Nations races on my alt. Ran first two slots in NA, 11 AM slot saw me Q 6th. Turn 1, lap 1 melee got me into the outside wall and recovered in last. 5 of us battled hard to not finish last and I didn't. In the 2nd time slot I Q'd on pole with a 1:01.9xx. Made it to turn 1 first and saw the melee happen in my rear view mirror. Managed to increase my lead for the rest of the race for the win, also got FL and a clean race for 74 pts. Great combo as long as people race cleanly, has a great potential for some close and awesome races.

I'm checking all the actual PP levels of Rd.2 nations out of curiosity xD
240ZG is 549.96
240Z 432 is 552.68
300ZX is 551.24
350Z is 547.41
370Z is 546.92
Z '23 is 556.75

I went on after hearing stories that it was a boring and miserable race. I couldn't fully find speed but found something and ended up starting p5 of 10. Probably about where I should be. Into the sharp right on lap 1 the guy behind sends it into me, I had 2 wheels on the curb and the was in no way going to make the turn without me ping ponging his car around it. I lose several positions and he goes on to shove wide the next person as well before spaces geow and he's stuck at p4. They definitely earned their SR A rating.

I end up rumbled down to p10 due to all the mess but have Some good back and forth racing over the rest of it to crawl back to p7, while gaining very fast on p6. Was not worth running again. There was a little bumping around the rest of us, but nothing like what the lap 1 wonder was doing. Good racing, but meh. At least all of us had liveries on the car. Made the field look nice

SR sure taking a beating from track limit penalties. Takes a massive amount to bring it back it seems. I've had 3 penaltyless races in a row and still at SR A.

Do the bollards on the 2nd to last corner give sr downs?

Last edited:
I hadn't done any GTWS races in months. I was about to get back into it earlier this year but then when GT7 support was confirmed for PS VR2 I wanted to wait.

This was an interesting combo and both races were kind of boring. I easily set a 101.1 in practice but in both races struggled to get under 101.5.

I am A/S and both lobbies were all DR A First race I qualified sixth and finished eighth for 122 points. The second race I qualified fifth and finished fifth for 147 points.

I noticed there were a lot of SR A and B in my lobbies. I've been SR S since the early days of GTS and never saw a mix of SR like that in the championships.

Anyway, looking forward to getting back into Manu. Despite nearly 1,000 races between GTS and GT7 this was only the second Nations race I had ever done.

Hope to be seeing you guys again on track.

Lol what the hell. I won the last race of the night. Went in with SR A. No track limit penalties and no cuts on the 2nd to last corner. No car contacts. I'm now SR B. 🤔

Oh that's bloody lovely.... My DR was in the brink of A+ and now I'm reset...

Last edited:
Is it just me, or is something weird going on with the next Nations round? I can’t choose between hiring a car and using my own and I can’t buy tyres for a loaner, but it doesn’t come with anything but SH.

Something is badly borked.

Is it just me, or is something weird going on with the next Nations round? I can’t choose between hiring a car and using my own and I can’t buy tyres for a loaner, but it doesn’t come with anything but SH.

It's not broken, that's how it's designed.

The cars are rent-only, custom tunes - like a custom BoP (at about 550pp). They come with designated tyres.

Courtesy of @Snake55wildcat:
240ZG is 549.96 on SS tyres
240Z 432 is 552.68 on SH tyres
300ZX is 551.24 on SM tyres
350Z is 547.41 on SS tyres
370Z is 546.92 on SH tyres
Z '23 is 556.75 on SM tyres

Yes strange for the tyres, some cars have only one type SS,SM,SH (I understand to equilibrate performances) but some have the choice between two types..even SH and SS ! which is stupid because with tyre wear x1 and 7 laps you can easily use the softer tyres then why these choices?

It's not broken, that's how it's designed.

The cars are rent-only, custom tunes - like a custom BoP (at about 550pp). They come with designated tyres.

Courtesy of @Snake55wildcat:
240ZG is 549.96 on SS tyres
240Z 432 is 552.68 on SH tyres
300ZX is 551.24 on SM tyres
350Z is 547.41 on SS tyres
370Z is 546.92 on SH tyres
Z '23 is 556.75 on SM tyres

That makes sense, but it might have been nice if they’d made any kind of effort to make that obvious.

Yes strange for the tyres, some cars have only one type SS,SM,SH (I understand to equilibrate performances) but some have the choice between two types..even SH and SS ! which is stupid because with tyre wear x1 and 7 laps you can easily use the softer tyres then why these choices?
The other tyre choice is there because it's the stock tyre - it's what the car came with, not because you're supposed to use it. You're meant to use whatever one it comes equipped with, else you'd be considering racing on Comforts for half the cars.

For the PP there is also a trick, shown PP are for the cars as you have them with the tyre when you buy them (exemple Comfort tyre for some..) when you put the softer tyre you can use you have the PP as above post..even I have some differences..and in this case the PP can be different that they should be when you use them in the garage 540,96 for the 240z when normal PP with SS is 470,85 and 552,68 for the z 432 with SH normal PP is 447,6…

For the PP there is also a trick, shown PP are for the cars as you have them with the tyre when you buy them (exemple Comfort tyre for some..) when you put the softer tyre you can use you have the PP as above post..even I have some differences..and in this case the PP can be different that they should be when you use them in the garage 540,96 for the 240z when normal PP with SS is 470,85 and 552,68 for the z 432 with SH normal PP is 447,6…
Yes, the cars in the event are tuned. We aren't racing stock cars, else they wouldn't be balanced at all.

Lol what the hell. I won the last race of the night. Went in with SR A. No track limit penalties and no cuts on the 2nd to last corner. No car contacts. I'm now SR B. 🤔

Oh that's bloody lovely.... My DR was in the brink of A+ and now I'm reset...
Did you save the replay of the race? It would be interesting to see.

Awesome news! Really looking forward this round now!

I wouldn’t get too excited. They’re not really that well balanced from what I can see.

They do have VERY different strengths though. There is a 20kmh difference between the fastest and slowest at the start/finish line. (I’m quicker over a lap in the slower one though).

Back