Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 12,084 comments
Lucky race, only a little bit of rain. Qualified in 5th, had Kie behind me in 7th. No position changes all race. I forgot to check my points again...I hope they let us check the points after the race too because I keep forgetting to check after the race ends. I even went as far as checking Kie's stream just to see my points but his on-screen elements blocked it off, the odds of that...

20220326_182250.jpg

Finished P1 on the 6PM race. Absolutely sweated it out 🤣 Finally got a good clean lobby.

Last edited:
Jumped into my first GT7 Nations Cup race this afternoon with no practice and no way to predict whether it would rain or not. That being said, I found the wetter conditions in Free Practice more manageable than those in GT Sport's online lobbies, as well as to offer an extra layer of excitement which case a regular shadow over proceedings.

16:00 Nations EMEA

Like the last two Manufacturers lobbies, there was a hold-up early on which meant that qualifying didn't start until one of the 18 other drivers left. Witnessed a little bit of hilarity on the out-lap with the Italian in front of me losing it on his own coming out of the second hairpin, during which time I was convinced that it was already drizzling. Slotted in behind the Spanish MX-5 with a big wing and began setting times, expecting the rain to pick up at any moment. There was also a Greek driver right behind which made things a bit more tense, but we set a 1:12.924 and begin to chip away at this benchmark as the dark clouds loomed nearby.

Less than two minutes to go, and we cut that down to a 1:12.068. The better I managed oversteer and throttle, the faster we went. With a couple of hundredths off that, I was already in good shape for a potential top-10 start, but the best was still yet to come. The last lap I put in turned out to be the best - a 1:11.793. Five-and-a-half tenths off the pole-sitting Fanta car and 4th on the grid. Considering that I had only done a couple of Free Practice runs up to this point, I was well chuffed with that.

With rain still a possible variable, my main strategy for the race was to survive and drive as best as I can regardless of where I finished. Because of the staggered grid, I started off with a nice buffer over the Polish driver behind, so spent the first lap trying to follow the winged Spaniard as closely as possible. Cold tyres did make the MX-5 a bit less stable at that stage, and I wasn't prepared to drive harder than I needed to since there was very little light available. The gap between myself and the Polish player slashed significantly as a result. While the pressure was firmly on - and the chances of a late shower got slimmer - I kept my focus, kept my normal lines and didn't leave him a chance to sneak up the inside when he got closest on the final lap.

Coming out of the third hairpin, the Polish driver did lose enough momentum to get passed by a yellow French car down the back straight. I didn't realise until checking through my replay that he actually braked later and gave me a small tap, though this was hardly noticeable at the time. We didn't get rain, unfortunately, but we did get to keep 4th place for 236 points in my fourth GT7 championship start. As far as one-make races go, that was probably the best road car-based one I've had in a long time.

Roadster S Battle.png

Gran Turismo™ 7_20220326162307.png

Say, does anyone know the chances of getting a sudden downpour at Suzuka tomorrow? Genesis X feels nervy round there in Free Practice so I'm again treating Manufacturers as a training session should I commit to it.

Just did the 4Pm nations cup race and WOW, the ramming is horrific. I got taken out twice, and I'm A/S. Definitely wasnt up to S standard. This needs to be fixed!!

Just finished the 5PM race in A/S. Again, desperately dirty and not a single penalty given to anyone.
It is being a nightmare.
First week games release, was good.

Now it is being worst all around. Maybe because some players realized that is not a 'report' option.
No, I don't include the useless report option inside players info page., which haven't a dirty/rammer/unfair driver option.

Or maybe I am missing, some way of reporting needless players.

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers

Last edited:
It was allowed in gtsport. Impossible to save rear tires with mr , impossible to drive with ferrari gt3.
It's one of many unfortunate consequences of not properly separating Sport Mode from the caRPG aspect of GT7.

Wanted to expand on my original report because it wasn't just the autopilot that glitched. It seems to me he wasn't even driving and the AI took over and turned his car into a tank.

Also posted in the bugs thread.

I was kind of hoping you meant that Sophy took over as in it was a tank due to how good it was lol. Maybe we can create a conspiracy about Sony entering Sophy incognito into different regions of the manufacturer's series.

I was able to enter a race last night, no issues with network.

The more I think on it, I think penalties got a bit of a nerf. I've gone in deep, I've hit barriers, people have t-boned me off track, no penalties for any of them. The first week was significantly more strict.

Maybe it's just placebo.

The more I think on it, I think penalties got a bit of a nerf. I've gone in deep, I've hit barriers, people have t-boned me off track, no penalties for any of them. The first week was significantly more strict.

Maybe it's just placebo.
Noticed that too, I thought there was something wrong with my game.

Last edited:
Good race!
Heavy rain during the first lap of qualifying so everyone saved their best lap until the very last one because by then the track was pretty dry.
I got 3rd by a slim margin: 2nd was only 0.080s away, but also almost got dropped to 4th by 0.150s. Amazing.

The race went pretty well and it wasn't so chaotic as I thought it would be. It rained during laps 1-4, then again at the very last lap.

I noticed that since everyone was just trying to stay on track, no major accidents happened.

The guy ahead of me wasn't having a good time though. He was struggling hard with the rain and I managed to pass him on lap 3.

1st place was just... gone. The guy finished 9 seconds ahead.

I'd say this was a good race. 2nd place with a clean race bonus, I'll take it!

Could there be weather? How could we deal with that if the race screens don't show the weather conditions or forecast?
I usually adjust my traction control in case I'm on the wrong set of tires. I wonder if they are purposely leaving out weather conditions to make us use the MDF's weather radar.

Yeah, that's the place. It might not be updated yet, but it should show your points won in round 3 on the top screen, right when you click into Nations. Rounds not run will have a - symbol. A zero is from finishing last or disconnecting. Otherwise your points should show up under Round 3.
Thanks, yeah logged in this morning and it had updated.

Day 3 one and done again.
Got a not so great pole of 1:12.070
Everyone struggled to find grip even though in my lobby no rain actually came.
One 2nd place and two victories now!
Really enjoying the mx5

I had made my debut at the GTWS Nations Cup at round 3. In the first and only slot I had entered, nobody had the chance to qualify due to a technical error. I qualified and finished in third place with only seven players participating.

Any tips for driving MR at suzuka? More specifically the new Ford GT 18. Can't make it through 130r without oversteer but everywhere else is just about manageable.

Last edited:
Didn't practice much. Got my ass kicked. :lol:

17 started. Tiny bit of rain. No connection problems in Q or race. Started/finished 12th. Clean race. A bit boring. Bit boring at Tsukuba is good.

The differences in Manu ranking in classes is interesting. Only a 2 race sample in a test season so far but here's the Global top 10 right now.

GT1 Nissan BMW Subaru Peugeot Honda Renault AMG Volkswagen McLaren Dodge
GT2 Porsche Subaru Toyota Nissan Mazda Chevrolet AMG Aston Genesis BMW
GT3 Toyota Mazda AMG Subaru Lamborghini Nissan Porsche McLaren BMW Ferrari

How are the points calculated?

The more people choosing a manu the more points they get?
Or is it by average point per racer?

Pretty much does it come down too whichever manu has the most people select it?

I know the black screen bug sucks but if quali has ended and you still don't see anything, please, just close the game. All you staying does is keep the race from starting for everyone else.

I assume it's a grand total. Popularity and results. Not sure of the actual formula.

I did my 3rd Nations race, first try I was terrible in qualifying, started 14th, got up to 11th or so in race in the rain, then spun coming onto the main straight on lap 3, ended up last. Second race, qualified much better in 6th, rained on and off during the race, had a good battle for 3rd on the last lap as a downpour rolled in. I ended up 3rd, but my game crashed on the results screen. I rebooted the game and I got credits and the daily mileage so I assume it counted? I guess I will find out tomorrow.

Tsukuba was a ton of fun with dynamic weather. Felt like everyone had to drive super careful because the track was changing dramatically as the weather adjusted. Went from a IM-like surface to IM pushing to W with an IM racing line, to full W track, to drying track for the last two laps, including an almost dry racing line by the end.

More of that please!

(Suzuka might be chaos with the weather....)

If it's anything like GT Sport, the driver that scores the most points for a brand in a particular round is the only one who's points actually affect the manufacturer's standings.

Back