Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 12,083 comments
How does the scoring work for each race? I entered 1 race yesterday, got pole position, 1st place and a clean race, and I was given 9 points for that. I see others have got 80+ points for 1 round, so I am very confused.

You can't use wets or inters. You are already on grooved tires capable of racing in the rain.

I got knocked out of slot 1. Wouldn't let me in. Second slot I got in. Qualified p5 with a lap 3 tenths faster than my best practice lap. So I was happy but cautious. Rolling start meant it took 2 laps for us to catch together. By then the front 5 of us had pulled away. P4 made a pass on p3 in turn 1 and promptly got passed back at the final hairpin that lap. Lap 6 I got by p4 in the final hairpin and lap 7 they got back by me. That was it. Hold your line.

We had very light sprinkle with a semi drying line. Top split had torrential downpour. Good luck and be cautious on the loud pedal.

How does the scoring work for each race? I entered 1 race yesterday, got pole position, 1st place and a clean race, and I was given 9 points for that. I see others have got 80+ points for 1 round, so I am very confused.
The game takes the Driver Rating (DR) of everyone in your lobby, and determines the amount of points that will be awarded. The more DR that each player has, the more points the game will offer for that lobby.

The game takes the Driver Rating (DR) of everyone in your lobby, and determines the amount of points that will be awarded. The more DR that each player has, the more points the game will offer for that lobby.
Ah ok thanks. It appears I have a lot to learn.

You can't use wets or inters. You are already on grooved tires capable of racing in the rain.

I got knocked out of slot 1. Wouldn't let me in. Second slot I got in. Qualified p5 with a lap 3 tenths faster than my best practice lap. So I was happy but cautious. Rolling start meant it took 2 laps for us to catch together. By then the front 5 of us had pulled away. P4 made a pass on p3 in turn 1 and promptly got passed back at the final hairpin that lap. Lap 6 I got by p4 in the final hairpin and lap 7 they got back by me. That was it. Hold your line.

We had very light sprinkle with a semi drying line. Top split had torrential downpour. Good luck and be cautious on the loud pedal.

Yep, heavy rain for the entirety of qualifying and the race in top split. The grip meter was in the top third for almost the whole time. 4 out of 13 cars ended up backwards at some point. The slightest over enthusiasm on the throttle turned you around. Thankfully I suspect I’ll now be in second split.

Finished slot 4 today. Knew it would be a rough one as one of the World Tour drivers from Australia was in the room. Started 17th (dead last). Snatched 14th at the line (second last).

Going again for slot 5 as although this is a very tough challenge, I need to improve my rain driving so I’ve got nothing to lose by going again.

Hi all,

I didn't play GT Sport so the whole esports racing thing is entirely new to me.

I did the GTWS Nations Cup tonight in the Mazda and placed 3rd (gaining one spot) and with a clean race bonus...
But no points?

Looks like it was Round 3 maybe,
Do you have to do every round each day it's available?

Does anyone have a good breakdown of it works?

Hi all,

I didn't play GT Sport so the whole esports racing thing is entirely new to me.

I did the GTWS Nations Cup tonight in the Mazda and placed 3rd (gaining one spot) and with a clean race bonus...
But no points?

Looks like it was Round 3 maybe,
Do you have to do every round each day it's available?

Does anyone have a good breakdown of it works?
Unless you missed your point total on the end screen of your race, the main GT sport screen wont show your point total until tomorrow.

Unless you missed your point total on the end screen of your race, the main GT sport screen wont show your point total until tomorrow.
I took a screenshot of the 'podium' screen, with my avatar showing the race result, but there are no points on that screen.

If I go into the Point Rankings icon on the entry screen, I can see other people's Points for Round 1 and Round 2, but mine is empty - is this because it's Round 3?

Is there any detrimental effect of me not doing Round 1 & 2?

I took a screenshot of the 'podium' screen, with my avatar showing the race result, but there are no points on that screen.

If I go into the Point Rankings icon on the entry screen, I can see other people's Points for Round 1 and Round 2, but mine is empty - is this because it's Round 3?

Is there any detrimental effect of me not doing Round 1 & 2?
The points don't show up on the race ending screen anymore. They show up in the lobby debrief after the race. And the standings will not update until your region has finished all the races. However, the game should show your points if you look at the standings in-game.

The number of points available in a given room is based on the sum total of DR in the room. So you need to raise your DR to get into rooms with higher DR, to increase the amount of points on offer.

The points don't show up on the race ending screen anymore. They show up in the lobby debrief after the race. And the standings will not update until your region has finished all the races. However, the game should show your points if you look at the standings in-game.
Sorry, How do I look at the standings in-game?

There is a button to see the standings in the Nations Cup menu. Just click on the Nations Cups icon in Sport Mode and it should show your points there.
The Point Rankings button next to the Event Schedule?

That's where I am that shows no points unless there's somewhere else I should be looking.

Edit: Finally updated the morning after.

Last edited:
The Point Rankings button next to the Event Schedule?

That's where I am that shows no points unless there's somewhere else I should be looking.
Yeah, that's the place. It might not be updated yet, but it should show your points won in round 3 on the top screen, right when you click into Nations. Rounds not run will have a - symbol. A zero is from finishing last or disconnecting. Otherwise your points should show up under Round 3.

So what does this actually represent, is it the grip level so the higher the better? Or water on track so the higher it shows, the less grip there will be?

FOyYJJhXIAMpR3Z.jpg

So what does this actually represent, is it the grip level so the higher the better? Or water on track so the higher it shows, the less grip there will be?

View attachment 1129260
I think of it like one of these tread guages, where if the water overflows the treads it aquaplanes. I don't have the hang of it yet.

using-tread-wear-gauge-truck-tire-59243437.jpg

Thanks for the replies guys, makes sense! In the end it was a dry qualy and race despite the wet practice and dark clouds (loving all of this!) really adding some unpredictability to the races, enjoyable stuff. 14th, clean race, crap at this track in a road car, don't enjoy it at all, we move on to Suzuka!

Was looking rather ominous

FOygfjeXEAA_gmT.jpg

Just did the 4Pm nations cup race and WOW, the ramming is horrific. I got taken out twice, and I'm A/S. Definitely wasnt up to S standard. This needs to be fixed!!

The differences in Manu ranking in classes is interesting. Only a 2 race sample in a test season so far but here's the Global top 10 right now.

GT1 Nissan BMW Subaru Peugeot Honda Renault AMG Volkswagen McLaren Dodge
GT2 Porsche Subaru Toyota Nissan Mazda Chevrolet AMG Aston Genesis BMW
GT3 Toyota Mazda AMG Subaru Lamborghini Nissan Porsche McLaren BMW Ferrari

Last edited:
Back