Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 12,083 comments
Stay away from traffic as much as you can. Sometimes it's possible to get a good tow on either of the big straights, but you have to be careful not to get yourself boxed in too much behind the car in front.
Qualifying in clean air has 100% of the time been the right call.

Maybe if you're in A+ people know how to cooperate, but otherwise clean air beats everything.
I appreciate the advice and will follow it not only tonight, but going forward in the upcoming cup seasons. I'm trying to improve and any little bit helps.

I’m in the manufactures championship and I’m not sure if I can complete todays race. Anyone know when the last race is for UK users?

An afternoon of two halves for the Hotel Bellevue G70 on its Manufacturers debut. Though I haven't had the time to perform extensive practice runs as I used to in GT Sport, I was extremely happy with how the Genesis performed on the mountain from the start. The way it can pull itself around twisty sections is exceptional and there is plenty of torque to be had under the current BoP settings for the turbo V6 under the bonnet. Started the day's running by setting a 2:14.910 in Free Practice - after prior runs in the 2:15-2:16 range - which is quite good on 69kg ballast and without the Atenza's all-conquering power.

16:00 Manufacturers EMEA

After what happened at Deep Forest the other day, I was a bit concerned about getting the qualifying bug again. Initially, it seemed like that would be the case as I wasn't able to rev up, nor did I see the timer start to tick down straight away. A South African Subaru left as I considered returning to the lobby screen; right after he did, the timer started and things worked out as normal other than the 'cannot select item' menu sound playing whenever I upshifted. Did my usual tactic of coasting around at the very back to avoid getting caught in traffic jams, and put in a 2:16.025. That was well within the pace set in a curtailed test lobby I took part in, with understeer at Griffins and a few floaty moments through the complex between Skyline and Forrest's Elbow. Had to abandon my second lap through running wide and skimming the Turn 12 grass, but was still content with 8th on the grid behind another G70 in matt black.

First lap started off fairly well, as I followed my teammate around and was able to build a decent gap from the Spanish Supra behind us. An incident at Forrest's Elbow allowed us a chance to grab a couple of positions from a Viper and a WRX. The WRX gets pushed out wide and collects the other G70 at Turn 22; it was especially lucky that I was able to see this unfold and go through the gap right between the two on the approach to the Armor All bridge. Lap 2 begins and we are right on the tail of the Viper as we go up Mountain straight. Had a understeery moment at Griffiths which lost us a little bit of ground, but still kept close in 6th place with the possibility of 5th if things kept working out in our favour.

Yellow flags come out at Skyline. A yellow WRX is recovering after hitting the wall through the Esses. The Viper makes it safely through, but by the time I come up to him the WRX has already been ghosted for several seconds so I immediately back up for an attempted pass at The Dipper. Set myself up to take him on the inside, but wasn't prepared for the Subaru to take a normal racing line which results in contact and a slide. Lost enough momentum to get rammed not once, but three times by the blue WRX as he then tries to shove me into the wall out of frustration. Whether it was because of our collision, I'm not too sure. Next thing I know, the other Genesis brakes too late for Forrest's Elbow and elbows me into the Falken tyre stacks.

Tumbled to 11th behind an Alfa 155, only to get caught up in more carnage on Conrod Straight as the yellow WRX and the other G70 touched, causing the G70 to lose control and hit a couple of cars. I confess that I didn't react quickly enough to avoid running into my teammate as he re-joined and swerved across my path. We both end up in the concrete on the right and pick up damage; mine to the front aero, suspension and engine which left me hobbling the rest of the way around. I was concerned that full damage had been on and I would've had to pit, but turns out that the auto-repair function is still active and kicks in before the Armor All bridge. There was a little bit of redemption in that I passed a black and yellow Mazda who himself lost it coming out of Murrays, though I couldn't do much else following a Megane Trophy over the mountain at twilight. Even if the Mazda got the advantage over Conrod, there was some solace in that we maintained 14th thanks to a Finnish Porsche losing it at Quarry.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20220325162618.png

A difficult and damaging encounter, it must be said. It did, however, prove that the G70 can qualify high up in an A+ lobby and challenge for good finishes as well as its Gr.3 sibling. After the race, I took it to GT Auto to see how much of an impact this race had on its overall condition. Turned out that the engine and chassis were still in great shape, so it was a matter of giving it a quick clean and oil change in preparation for the next slot.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20220325162825.png

In the meantime, I picked up titanium connecting rods and pistons for a car I do not own yet (that being the BAC Mono), set another new FP best of 2:14.821 and discovered that you can still drive into the area beyond the Pedigree bridge...

Gran Turismo™ 7_20220325164400.png

17:00 Manufacturers EMEA

Like last time, I had a teammate in an all-black G70, and started qualifying with my control inputs locked out for a few moments. This sorted itself out when one of the Subarus left, which brings me to believe that this might be a connection-related issue affecting individual players in a given championship-level lobby.

Anyway, we get out to the track in a mid-field position; I was happy to let others go, but didn't have the option to drop right to the back this time. Ultimately, I started my first lap a fair distance from a Spanish pair in a Honda NSX and Mercedes SLS respectively, but was such was the way I drove I caught up to the Merc quite easily during the downhill stretch. In a way, this was to my advantage as it allowed me to get a good draft all the way along Conrod Straight. Even a collision between the two didn't affect me too much as I was able to go nearly a second faster than in the first session, clocking in at 2:15.119. I was satisfied enough with this lap that I decided against doing another, instead following the Mercedes around so that I didn't disrupt his run. The initial time was enough to secure 6th on the grid.

The grid formation gave me some cause for concern with gear changing, as I was high on the rev limiter in first when the countdown began through Murrays. Any missed changes could have spelt problems and an opportunity for another Mercedes sitting behind to take advantage. Luckily, I timed the shift perfectly, using the Genesis' traction advantage and a (regrettably) staggered grid to maintain a healthy gap of around one-and-a-half seconds. The gap shrunk once I spotted and tucked in behind an orange McLaren recovering at The Dipper, though thankfully I was able to adjust without getting caught up in any issues this time around.

For a good half-a-lap or so I stuck to the McLaren's tail and was able to rebuild some of the advantage I had over the Merc. As darkness fell, however, the Merc - which I later found out had traction control enabled - started to lose a fair bit of speed through the bends and began to drop off considerably. On the final run to Forrest's Elbow, I spotted the McLaren facing the wrong way following a run-in with the pink GT-R, managing to get by as he rolled backwards out of harm's reach. I myself went a little loose through the Esses and Dipper, but avoided the walls and brought the G70 home safely in 5th for 217 points.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20220325172513.png

Feels good to be back at the top in A+/S splits again. The Hotel Bellevue G70 looks fantastic as always and is even more electrifying to hurl around Mount Panorama with its all-wheel drive and abundance of torque. In some places, it almost feels like a Gr.3 car in the way it remains planted and can allow you to put the power down early without losing it on its own. This run convinced me that the BoP balance between the G70 and most other Gr.4 cars is more or less where it should be. Weight is fine, but a power break could be beneficial especially on the straights. If anything, there should be an effort to peg the Mazda back in that department as it has easily the strongest engine of the field at the moment.

I've been recommending the G70 as a starter car in offline Gr.4 events, and this evidence suggests that it can still hold its own in Sport Mode BoP races even with the above power disparity. Frankly, I'm impressed with both of Genesis' offerings in Manufacturers so far, and am genuinely considering signing on with them for the main championship if we can keep this up in either of the next two rounds.

Last edited:
I hope someone can help me with a doubt I have.
Have searched, but nothing came across about it.

When I search for something in Gran Turismo official site (ex. decals), there is only one showing page.
With GT Sport we were able to pass to next pages, which means that with GT7 we are limited to only one page?
How can we be able to watch more options?

TIA

Managed to get past the disconnects today. Maybe I served my time. Although I was on 1 or 2 bars throughout despite being all o.k. my end. Luckily it provided no issues.

Qualified P10. But started 9th after another dropped before the start. Lost a place after a cautious Hells corner on the start. (I started right into the braking zone of Murrays and mucked it up a little. Poor place to start someone!) However a few people bottled it on the last lap and I ended up 7th in the end.

1st slot GT2. No one was able to qualify. 1 got disco, named Duck, disco-duck, had to happen. 17 Cars started the race. Green bars from there.

Started 13th. Finished 12th. Started slow, finished strong was what I was going for and felt I achieved that. :)

YEEESSS BOIIISSS!!

nFEA6rM.png

Got 1st in qualy in the second lap by a mere 0.027s!

The race actually went pretty well with no problems at all (at least for me!). The 2nd place, another Corvette enjoyer, unfortunately got a 1 second penalty at lap 2. I've no idea why, I didn't see he doing anything wrong. Speaking of Corvettes, contrary to the first race where I only saw 1 other Vette, this time we had 4 + me on track, nice!

Got a good lead from the pack. Lap 3 at the esses I heard a big "BONK". Poor guy lost his Jaguar, hitting the wall. He was quicker than me and no doubt he could finish in first.

Well, after that I had a 5-6 seconds lead. It was only a matter of not making any mistakes in the final lap. Actually, I got more anxious at the final lap than at the first :lol:

Another fellow countryman got the fatest lap with a 0.4s difference. Overall, this was my most fast, cleanest race so far.

Went into my manufacturer race thinking I would be dead last. I was surprised no one in my field was running the Atenza, mostly GR Supra, Cayman, and 4 Corvettes including myself. I qualified 7th, and by virtue of others spinning finished 5th for 154 points. The 'Vette feels severely outgunned on the straights. This was in GT1. Time to start practicing Suzuka.

An OK night.

Bathurst is probably my least favorite "real" circuit in the game, and so I'm not very comfortable on the track. I'll never get those first downhill right-left-right turns correct after the summit of the mountain. So I made the decision to qualify and race on TC1 in my GT1 A/S race with the Mustang. Big mistake. Qualified 17th and finished 14th.

So before the next race I decided to practice with TC at 0 and what a difference it was. I shaved a full second off my PB (2:17.1 to 2:16.1). Qualified 8th and finished 6th with two clean passes.

On the plus side I don't think there were any connection issues. In both races we could qualify the whole 7 minutes.

Last edited:
I entered the GT2 19:00 Americas race and everything loaded fine. Qualifying was about to start then I get disconnected. Yay. Wait an hour and had no problems getting started in the 20:00 slot. I managed a P12 qualifying time being about 2.5 seconds off of the leader. I forgot how linear races at Bathurst are and didn't expect much. I got held up on the downhill section 3 of the 4 laps with drivers in front of me breaking earlier than expected. Leading to me losing time and getting all kinds of loose, but I kept it straight and carried on each time.

I made one actual pass on the strait after T1 and I was happy I pulled it off. I gained two other spots thanks to drivers spinning out and hitting the wall and gaining P9 by the end of lap 3. I did catch P7 and P8 fighting on the Concord Straight and almost taking each other out in the Chase, but I had no room to overtake either. I did get into the side of P8 after I ran deep on the final corner, but let them go by as that's a cheap way to gain a spot. I came away with 75 points for my performance. I thought I was going to be way worse with people bouncing off the walls and such, but it was clean from what I saw.

I wish I saved the replay as I would have liked to see the track transition to night with out having to focus on racing. It looked good when racing of the brief glimpses I saw, I could only imagine the photos I could have taken. Oh well, next time.

Last edited:
I hope someone can help me with a doubt I have.
Have searched, but nothing came across about it.

When I search for something in Gran Turismo official site (ex. decals), there is only one showing page.
With GT Sport we were able to pass to next pages, which means that with GT7 we are limited to only one page?
How can we be able to watch more options?

TIA
I get more than one page. R1 and L1 lets you cycle through the pages

Manufacturers Test Season Round 2
GT1 - A/S Room - WRX Gr. 4

I am absolutely furious. No connection problems. Grabbed pole with a 2:14.3, a full second ahead of #2. Sure win, right? Wrong! Look at what happened BEFORE the race start while still on autopilot: some dude from the back of the grid ghosted through all of us and ended up 7s in front of me when the race finally started!

Then when I caught up to him at the end of lap 2, he knocked me off track (at 4:35). Had to settle for third in what was a sure win if it wasn't for this bug-ridden lousy excuse for a game. Between crap like this, black screens, crashes, disconnects and disastrous private lobbies, it's incredible this game was released in this state when GTS had all the multiplayer infrastructure working well.

I am not doing another race despite my strong pace. Third and 154 points will have to do because there is no way I could do another race seeing red like this LOL!

Attachments

• DSC_3143.JPG
    DSC_3143.JPG
    150.5 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

I am absolutely furious. No connection problems. Grabbed pole with a 2:14.3, a full second ahead of #2. Sure win, right? Wrong! Look at what happened BEFORE the race start while still on autopilot: some dude from the back of the grid ghosted through all of us and ended up 7s in front of me when the race finally started!

Then when I caught up to him at the end of lap 2, he knocked me off track (at 4:35). Had to settle for third in what was a sure win if it wasn't for this bug-ridden lousy excuse for a game. Between crap like this, black screens, crashes, disconnects and disastrous private lobbies, it's incredible this game was released in this state when GTS had all the multiplayer infrastructure working well.

I am not doing another race despite my strong pace. Third and 154 points will have to do because there is no way I could do another race seeing red like this LOL!

That almost looks like someone hacked the game to cause that.

BEBF4F90-3E5E-46E8-8EB9-DC6EB881DE76.jpeg

Managed to get a pole with a Viper no less. Best time of the night, starting to get the hang of Mount Panorama but it is definitely a hard track to master.
Also, I have to thank the absence of Mazda for my pole. The Atenza is so OP its not even funny. Excluding that, its actually well balanced. Had a great race until I got punted off at the last corner to finish third. Punter didnt get any penalty even though it was a pretty hard shove.

What the? That's a new one. Thanks for sharing.

Going back and forth between is it my Alfa or my hatred of Bathurst.

God I hate this track.
Personally I love the track.But after last nights races combined with a league race there this morning on GT Sport, I'm done with the place for a while. It has taken a large toll on my mental concentration over the past 12 hours.

Personally I love the track.But after last nights races combined with a league race there this morning on GT Sport, I'm done with the place for a while. It has taken a large toll on my mental concentration over the past 12 hours.
I was finally starting to get mini sectors down, but I never could get two clean laps consecutively. It’s just not clicking for me.

Did a couple prelim laps on Suzuka and I’m not sure what to think yet. I’m just dreading Laguna Seca…

I was finally starting to get mini sectors down, but I never could get two clean laps consecutively. It’s just not clicking for me.

Did a couple prelim laps on Suzuka and I’m not sure what to think yet. I’m just dreading Laguna Seca…
Bathurst is one of those tracks that is very hard to master given the elevation changes, blind corners and high speeds involved.

Suzuka will be interesting if they have changeable weather for the race.

I'm looking forward to Laguna Seca, something about that track suits the Gr.4 Lancer.

2022 GTWS Manufacturers Championship // Round 2
Mount Panorama // GR4 Corvette
Lobby A+ // GT1

Slot 1 -
And we connected!! So excited, even knowing I was outgunned by Subarus, Atenzas, and a few others. Kind of took the pressure off and I just went out and had fun! I didn't have the best qualifying, 13th of all positions, nor the best finish, 11th. But I had a good race and left it all on the track. 184ish points and a happy Greddy. One and Done.

Anyone in Oceania on the nationals atm?
Its raining in practice but you cannot use wets or inters on the BOP Roadster?

Is that right?

I don’t know what I was thinking. I hate Tsukuba and I’m no good in the rain. Why, oh why did I enter a top split Nations Cup race?

DFL after 2 spins in qualifying and a spin in the race. Just horrible. Take it easy out there on the ice my friends.
How do the splits work for Qualifying?

Best lap
Interval
Gap

I skipped GTS, so still learning.

Can we buy and use wets or inters for this race? Don't want to waste credits.

Last edited:
Back