Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 12,083 comments
Managed to enter again tonight. Wasn't 100 percent sure I wanted to, but booted up to get some warm up laps and felt good so decided to give it a go. Glad I did.
Only 13 in the lobby, including @Raptor013 (I had to check who was who with the nicknames.)
2 guys who usually have me on Race pace both qualify ahead and I'm starting p3 with a 12.0 lap. P2 false starts, p1 doesn't use traction control for launch, and all this means I'm the leader into turn 1!
I have a couple of up and down laps, then I get bumped into the final hairpin on lap 4 or so. The guy backs off to let me know he is clean and I mostly find my rhythm, holding on to the win. My first ever in one of these competitions.

The time didn't seem to change during the race this time, but the false start check caught people off guard. That and the twitchy nature of this car seems to cause a few spins. Good luck to you all.
17fbb0aed0995-2310EABBF30A9F3F777.357431F0449CFDBC_message_421916260800930_1648110393753.jpg

Managed to enter again tonight. Wasn't 100 percent sure I wanted to, but booted up to get some warm up laps and felt good so decided to give it a go. Glad I did.
Only 13 in the lobby, including @Raptor013 (I had to check who was who with the nicknames.)
2 guys who usually have me on Race pace both qualify ahead and I'm starting p3 with a 12.0 lap. P2 false starts, p1 doesn't use traction control for launch, and all this means I'm the leader into turn 1!
I have a couple of up and down laps, then I get bumped into the final hairpin on lap 4 or so. The guy backs off to let me know he is clean and I mostly find my rhythm, holding on to the win. My first ever in one of these competitions.

The time didn't seem to change during the race this time, but the false start check caught people off guard. That and the twitchy nature of this car seems to cause a few spins. Good luck to you all.
View attachment 1128191
It certainly was an eventful race in the mid pack.

Was lucky to hang on to P5 given my pace in this car as a few of those I got past in the opening laps certainly are quicker.

Congrats on the win @Redneckchef.

Oceania slot 2. 15 in the lobby. Found myself in top split again.

I really, really suck at this combo. Tsukuba has never been a good track for me and I find it really difficult to find a groove in this car.

Qualified 13th with a 12.1 and missed the start because I was still trying to turn on TCS. Entered turn 1 in last place. Stayed in slipstream of the pack until lap 4 when p13 spun in the final turn. This cut me and the car in front adrift from the field. I couldn’t make up any ground and, although we caught back up to the pack on lap 7, I remained in p14. 140 points and genuinely considering skipping the remaining 2 Nations races because I just cannot get my head around this combo.

I really, really suck at this combo. Tsukuba has never been a good track for me and I find it really difficult to find a groove in this car.

Qualified 13th with a 12.1 and missed the start because I was still trying to turn on TCS. Entered turn 1 in last place. Stayed in slipstream of the pack until lap 4 when p13 spun in the final turn. This cut me and the car in front adrift from the field. I couldn’t make up any ground and, although we caught back up to the pack on lap 7, I remained in p14. 140 points and genuinely considering skipping the remaining 2 Nations races because I just cannot get my head around this combo.
It's certainly an awkward combo, and the fact they are doing it 4 times with little to no variation is a shame. That said I generally like Tsukuba when it comes up for official races. Just hoping that Rounds 3 and 4 offer something a little different.

It's certainly an awkward combo, and the fact they are doing it 4 times with little to no variation is a shame. That said I generally like Tsukuba when it comes up for official races. Just hoping that Rounds 3 and 4 offer something a little different.
If only it had been Bathurst, Sardegna, Monza, Le Mans or DTS. I would happily do 4 rounds on any of those tracks.

Also, my car was bone stock.
Just fyi, despite what the body mods might tell you, performance wise every MX5 is identical if BoP is turned on, even if you have a spoiler your downforce is still set as 0 for example. Means that players can still bring their car in whatever style they like despite BoP being turned on :)

Just don't want people to assume that they need to be purchasing upgrades for these races to be competitive! I believe that adding some flames to your livery can help shave off a few tenths though...
Just hoping that Rounds 3 and 4 offer something a little different.
You might have a better idea now that you can preview the 3rd round (we're still waiting for round 2 here), but as it's a test season I think they are testing out different kinds of starts? First round was a plain grid start, round 2 is a grid start with false start check, I assume round 3 will probably be in formation? Is there a forth start type in the game?

Last edited:
Just fyi, despite what the body mods might tell you, performance wise every MX5 is identical if BoP is turned on, even if you have a spoiler your downforce is still set as 0 for example. Means that players can still bring their car in whatever style they like despite BoP being turned on :)

Just don't want people to assume that they need to be purchasing upgrades for these races to be competitive! I believe that adding some flames to your livery can help shave off a few tenths though...

You might have a better idea now that you can preview the 3rd round (we're still waiting for round 2 here), but as it's a test season I think they are testing out different kinds of starts? First round was a plain grid start, round 2 is a grid start with false start check, I assume round 3 will probably be in formation? Is there a forth start type in the game?
Glitched chaos?

My game crashed after warm up in Asia Slot 1. What a yoke.

EDIT: Game ran into “an unexpected error” at the start of qualifying for Slot 2 and booted me. Wow. What a disgrace.

Last edited:

As far as I know... a "Turbo" sticker on the back of the car brings at least 10 HP if 16V is then glued to it, another 5 HP is added.

A fragrance tree on the mirror brings about 2.4% better handling.
Ventilation slots glued on (only if they have no function) on the bonnet bring 3% more downforce and an additional 2 HP more, since the ventilation of the engine compartment is improved.

Oh and of course don't forget the speedometer foil, in blue and with red paint on the speedometer needle you get at least 15 km/h in addition.:cheers:

Last edited:
As far as I know... a "Turbo" sticker on the back of the car brings at least 10 HP if 16V is then glued to it, another 5 HP is added.

A fragrance tree on the mirror brings about 2.4% better handling.
Ventilation slots glued on (only if they have no function) on the bonnet bring 3% more downforce and an additional 2 HP more, since the ventilation of the engine compartment is improved.

Oh and of course don't forget the speedometer foil, in blue and with red paint on the speedometer needle you get at least 15 km/h in addition.:cheers:
Personally I’m using the “fluffy dice and foxtail” exploit for an extra 75hp. It does reduce handling though because of the simulated elbow out of the window and one handed steering.

Good thing you mentioned that - I haven't done a no false start race before!
How do you do it? Have throttle at usual starting position but be holding brake too, then release or do you have to be pressing nothing until go time?

Good thing you mentioned that - I haven't done a no false start race before!
How do you do it? Have throttle at usual starting position but be holding brake too, then release or do you have to be pressing nothing until go time?
First, put your TCS at 1, even if you don't usually run TCS, as it will help with traction off the line and give you the quickest start possible. You should be doing that even on regular grid starts though, so apologies if you already knew that! If not, you're welcome haha.

And then yeah at the start you do exactly what you described, just hold the brakes and release them the moment the light goes green! As long as you're holding the brakes the car won't move no matter what you do with the throttle, so just apply full throttle and with TCS at 1 the only thing you have to worry about are your reaction times ;) (which you can test here: https://humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime).

Thanks! I'm still getting back into driving games & am on controller so always have TCS on 1.
247ms on my office computer - not great not terrible.

Normally, I would agree but after that race, I bolted on a bunch of parts and the car seemed different even though it shouldn't have been. I'm not the ideal person to test this out, though. Obviously, if there is a loophole, better to catch these now.

Didn't make it to the first slot, entered the 2nd one, black screen, disconnected...and still stuck on black screen.

While the lobby was loading, it was very laggy, very choppy...not sure what was causing it but it smells like connection issues more than PS4 loading time issues.

Yeah, it's definitely an awkward combo. Just one I seem to have a little more speed and luck with this time than normal. Sticking with the race and not the connection issues I find the biggest problem being the fact it is nearly impossible to pass here without setting it up for half a lap or the other person wrecking. With such short races it becomes a qualifying race and then you have your little area of the pack to battle.

I'm still expecting a wet weather test next round as I do think they are plugging in different components to see how the servers handle it.
Current assessment: They cant handle the lobbies period, please don't throw weather on there yet.

Ok today I laughed like few other times playing games.

I signed up for race 1 in EMEA Region, warm up and then stuck in black screen during quali. By the way I could see lap times of other people, sign that someone was currently in. Me and a couple of guys started joking in the chat lobby about our black screens, when it came time to go signing for race 2. So I quitted and boom, I was in quali with 7 full minutes. I was alone by the way.

1648143013981.jpg

So I was curious to see how far would it go... I qualified P1 (what a surprise!) and at the end of quali while I was expecting to be sent out...

1648143013970.jpg

Starting grid. Alone. 😂

So I thought "Ooook... are you really let me racing alone?"

And yes, I ran the full race by myself. I won (surprisingly again) and I got full 35 points for it.

1648143013978.jpg

Thanks Kaz, but fix this mess please.😂

Managed to survive the server bouncers today. Only 14 made it. Qualified 8th of those who did. Scared it was a false start start this time and didn't want to risk the wrong button for the handbrake so got a bad start. Stayed roughly where I was and managed to pass the guy in front into the right hander before the Dunlop bridge. He backed out so shout out to Oakley. Stayed in line from then on with good pressure from behind and a carrot ahead. Eventually a car ahead spun out so I came home in 6th. Not too bad at all. Best Sport mode race to date.

Today has not gone well; 6pm race everyone was sat waiting in the garage, I gave it 25 minutes then left. 7pm race black screen of death. Playstation hasn't actually crashed but the game has, can't quit or anything. Not sure if I can be bothered with 8pm.

Yeah, it's definitely an awkward combo. Just one I seem to have a little more speed and luck with this time than normal. Sticking with the race and not the connection issues I find the biggest problem being the fact it is nearly impossible to pass here without setting it up for half a lap or the other person wrecking. With such short races it becomes a qualifying race and then you have your little area of the pack to battle.

I'm still expecting a wet weather test next round as I do think they are plugging in different components to see how the servers handle it.
Current assessment: They cant handle the lobbies period, please don't throw weather on there yet.
I saw your QT on the top of my list this morning. I rescind my thumbs up on your vicory. :sly:

Why don’t our suits and helmets show up? I get some default one
Because it is the Nations Cup everyone ends up with a default helmet designed to represent the colors of their country. Should get your normal one if you do Manufacturer's

Back