Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 12,083 comments
penalties are broken, I keep getting brake checked or getting hit and being penalised for it :(
Yep I have this issue too. Collision penalties seem to be a bit hit and miss

Joined the first available Manufacturer's Cup slot which was 11PM for me. The joys of living in New Zealand & competing in the Asia-Oceania division. GT1 League. 20 players in the session. 14 including myself disconnect as qualifying loads. From a friend I had in the session who didn't disconnect, everyone else was locked in the pit lane and could not leave. Had to close the game.

This game is in a poor state at the moment, from the atrocious MTX & 'economy' to the horrendous state of online play.
Ive found that you just need to wait out the 7mins Qualifying session. Once that time has elapsed you are then into a race but the grid is just mixed up.
I found people were leaving the sessions and ended up in a race with 6 others yet 20 people had entered.

Collision penalties seem to be a bit hit and miss
Joke Drums GIF by Bax Music

So yes, not the smoothest start I could have asked for in the GT7 Manufacturers championships, but the Genesis X certainly has promise to do big things in the GT1 Gr.3 leagues. Got to the stage where I could consistently lap in the high-1:27s around Deep Forest, though I struggled more often in the infield and when trying to put the hammer down out of the new hairpin. Best FP time was still a 1:27.625, with an optimum of 1:27.363.

16:00 Manufacturers EMEA

Qualifying bug aside, this turned out to be a very good showing for the Hotel Bellevue team in the end. Two other Genesis Xs were also present on the grid, which ended up locking out the front row on account of being the first cars to leave the pit lane. By the time the bug had sorted itself out, there was only one minute on the clock, so I felt there was no point leaving my garage. With another player having quit beforehand, I was forced to contend with 19th and last on the grid - a matter I didn't fully realise until I got to the formation sequence and saw both my teammates locking out the front row.

Powered past the solitary Supra GT500 on the start-finish straight, though I came close to losing it on my own as I hadn't factored in the effects of cold Racing Hards. The Supra suffered worse by spinning out and dropping way back. Cold tyres are something the Genesis tends to struggle with as it squirms through the infield sections, but fortunately I was able to manage this well enough to gain five more places by the end of Lap 1. For an A+/S, the opening phase was quite chaotic, with several cars losing it or being punted out of a decent position. The scariest incident happened at the reprofiled high-speed complex, in which a tricolore Alfa pushed one of the Subarus out wide and caused him to fishtail out of control. An approaching Corvette gets collected; the Alfa also loses it himself and smacks the outer Armco before the final left-hander. Watching the entire thing unfold through the new dust/smoke effects, I was especially lucky to tuck in to the inside and howl past the recovering Corvette just before it unghosted.

The next group up ahead kept rubbing and bumping for 10th on the road. Despite some robust defence work from one of the two gold-striped Porsches, I was able to pull past him under slipstream to take 12th. On Lap 4, the Shell 911 runs wide at Turn 1, but my efforts to reel in the red RX-VISION up front are almost undone when the Genesis loses traction on the first S-bend past the road sign. Kept it together, but lost enough ground for the Shell car to catch up to my diffuser. The four cars up ahead - including the Mazda - still lost time fighting themselves on the final lap, which gave me another chance to enter the Top 10 by getting close to the red #3 Goodwrench Corvette. Didn't have to worry too much, however, as the other gold-striped Porsche picks up a 4-second penalty for his role in pushing the Cusco Subaru out wide at Turn 1.

10th place is all but secured, but can we go one further? The Corvette goes too deep, runs wide and has an awful exit coming out of the hairpin. I'm right on his bumper; got good enough draft through the final section to sling around the outside. Side-by-side down the straight! Do we have enough momentum?

Deep Forest Photo Finish.png

Photo finish again! Pipped past the #3 to finish 9th on the road... or did I? The results screen showed that I had finished 10th, which was a bit confusing, but nothing I could help with the way GT7 sometimes processes dead heats like this. At first, I thought it was down to the sudden lag jump the Corvette experienced right after we crossed the line, but checking through the replay confirmed that I definitely had my splitter ahead well before that happened. The resulting photos above and below speak for themselves.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20220322170659.png

Gran Turismo™ 7_20220322162429.png

Still, can't complain too much with that, since I'm still working on my consistency and throttle management in the Genesis X and was reluctant to treat this as anything other than a shakedown run. The key thing is that I brought the car home for the Hotel Bellevue outfit, all while opening my GT1 test season account with 166 points. Seems like the Dailies I did leading up this didn't affect my points-scoring potential too much in the end. Would've easily entered another slot to see whether I could set a proper qualifying time for the X, but the current bugs made that a gamble I wasn't willing to risk. On its initial BoP setup, the GR3 Genesis feels good and the 1-2 finish brought home by my teammates further cements its potential as a genuine challenger in GT1 lobbies.

Next aim is to get up to speed with my sponsored G70 (though the option is also there to use my other G70 which I've reserved for tuning and single-player events). It feels brilliant to drive around Bathurst (you'd barely believe it weighs nearly one-and-a-half tonnes in BoP trim) and was fairly kind on tyres in the one Autopolis Daily C I sampled later this evening. However, something tells me that it could already do with a power break to help keep up with its fellow 4WD contemporaries.

Also, an important reminder for all Manufacturers Cup participants - as far as I'm aware, no Racing tyres other than Hard compounds are included with sponsored Gr.3/Gr.4 cars to begin with. If/when future rounds require them, please be sure to buy the extra compounds you need (including Intermediate and Heavy Wet compounds) from the Tuning Shop as with all other vehicles in the game.

Last edited:
I had no problems racing, but my connection was showing as three bars throughout.

Given all the effort I've gone to in order to make sure everything inside the house is optimal and it's hardly a constricted line - heavily overspecced for online racing - and I've never seen less than four bars in GT Sport ever, even when someone else is watching Netflix, one does wonder what the hell is going on.

Also a five lap race was barely worth it. I know it's a test season and all, but it was over in a blink of an eye (title of your sextape).

So I entered the first slot for NA, and it just ended... 1 hour and 40 minutes after the scheduled start time lol.

Everyone in lobby had black screen before qualifying. After over an hour everyone had left and it was just me and one other guy waiting it out. I was about to leave, but then the race started. Got the win and 296 championship points for a 2 car race.

Anyone know how many points were awarded for top split lobby?

Last edited:
I entered my first Manufactures Cup (didn't do any on Sport) and first online race tonight and I did way better than expected. I signed with Aston Martin as that was my go to car in Sport. I am in GT2 in the Americas (East Coast) region as I never got higher than B in Sport.

I got into the 19:00 session and everything went off without any problems. I did my qualifying and ended my session in P8. I eventually dropped to P11. My qualifying position was close to my usual start on Sport within B rank which I should have expected as I honestly thought I'd be no higher than P15. I probably could have gotten another lap in, but I was happy where I was when I stopped. It was also a clean race with the skill level involved with all us B rank drivers. There was some incidental contact, but no punt to pass going on from where I was.

Deep Forest isn't my best track to race on, and that was a problem for having a consistent pace. There was a Ferrari driver in front of me all race having all kinds of problems and I just could not take advantage of it. I did concede a position after a terrible exit from the tunnel turn on lap 2 and just let the driver behind me go by. Not worth fighting and both of us losing time. A Subaru got past me after I made an ill advised pass attempt in the grass coming out of the final hairpin on lap 3. But I made a great pass on the turn before the "back stretch" and I pulled away on the same lap. I ended up P10 in the end with 74 points total. I'll take it. Plus, I only had time for one session.

Overall, a positive result for me in my eyes. I know I won't win any races and points don't matter as this is just a test season and have no expectations for the whole event. I just want to get out and race others again. There were also 2 other Aston Martin drivers in the field so that was neat. I thought I'd be the only one.

I'm getting a little nervous about the disconnect. Don't want to put a fair amount of practice in only to not have a race.

Still deciding between Subaru and Toyota. Strong loyalty to both brands.

Last edited:
Well, I think I found another bug.

I was going to race at 23:00 (Americas) Manufacturers Cup. So I entered the pre-race menu, run some laps during the 15 minutes free practice, waiting for the matchmaking to start. When the matchmaking clock zeroed... It simply disappeared, and nothing happened. Nothing. When I realized, the game clock was frozen at 22:58. When I exited the menu, it automatically updated to 23:03.

🙃

Didn’t participate because of the hours they run this in Europe. The combo seemed a lot of fun though. I did book 39 today and that race was fire.

I’ll see if I get an US account but lag could be an issue.

Only entered once tonight. People rage pushing me during the middle sector simply for running alongside them.

Had such a clean race yesterday but today reminded me what kind of people my split attracts. At one point on the last hairpin I got t-boned mid corner.

Great. Meanwhile they can’t even keep it on the track. Oh well.

Kept overtaking people as the race went on, but only 5 laps coupled with the abhorrent revenge racing going on in the back meant I could never progress up the field.

Shame I’m missing Nations on Thursday, had so much more fun at Tsukuba. Didn’t really expect that.

Just did second-to-last North America GT1 slot. No hitches, no delays to my surprise, although four did appear to be disconnected before warmup so there were sixteen of us left in this all DR A lobby.

Qualified third with a 1:28.0 in the WRX, three thousands of a second behind #2 in a WRX. Pole was a whole second ahead in a WRX. Clean start, #2 binned it on the second lap, but I got a bit loose trying to get around him and #3 got around me. Had a great battle with him the rest of the race, a bit of side by side action but both of us were prudent and he beat me by a tenth. Poleman walked away with it with a seven second lead.

A nice third place and 147 points. We DR A drivers are going to be nowhere mixed with the A+ in GT1 but it was a fun race. Ten laps too short for my tastes.

I really hope the multiplayer bugs are worked out because the groundwork is there for a great continuation of GT Sport. Hopeful that PD actually finishes the game some day.

Last edited:
I just completed a manufacture race and won but it did not register I won and says I have yet to complete the race now:( I was pole position clean race and 10+ seconds faster lap times. What happened :(
What do you mean it says you didn't complete the race? Points will be updated tomorrow. You don't (and shouldn't) enter the last race. If you got back to the Sport Model screen after the race all is (should be) good.

Last edited:
2022 GTWS Manufacturers Championship // Round 1
Deep Forest // GR3 Corvette
Lobby A+ // GT1

Slot 1 -
Frozen for 12 minutes, quit

Slot 2 - Disconnected at qualy start

Slot 3 - Three, is the magic number! Finally got in to a race. Jumped out in qualifying and did a 1:27.5xx which was good for p3 in what I believe was 2nd split. Z28 was in my lobby, so may have been top split..but seemed odd that he was the only big name I recognized. The race was intense, I was under pressure the last 3 laps and had a Merc and a Ford GT make runs at me on the final straight. My heart was pounding, really enjoyed the race. If PD can just get the durn servers and weird online issues ironed out we can have some amazing races. This game is so dang nice graphically as well in the physics. So close...so stinkin close. 276 points and a podium. Pretty happy with that.

I had severe and unusual problems in the game yesterday since logging in, after almost every change, every race, the game sometimes took minutes to get back to the "home screen", often I had the error message that I was offline when the game started again Online showed was the last change eg. of a vehicle no longer available. I was also able to roll out my roulette ticket 4 times in a row yesterday (by the way, I won 10k credits each time, which could be proof that the value of the ticket is fixed when you get it)

I was able to finish a race from 4th place on the grid as 2nd, unfortunately nothing really went after that, 1 didn't start and once after qualifying it didn't go any further. And well after that I didn't have time to play anymore ;)

I'm just watching Kie's stream now - seems like BoP doesn't reset already installed parts, e.g. the gearbox.

EDIT: At least not all of them.
I'm yet to read through the rest of the thread, so apologies if this has already been addressed, but that's not true. At least not completely true.

I tested this myself as I already had a tuned ND MX5. When BoP is applied it will remove any parts that don't effect aesthetics. Certain parts, which I believe are limited to brakes, exhausts/silencers, body mods, are kept on the car, but do not provide any performance benefit. If you check settings your downforce is back down to zero even if you have a great big spoiler on the back of the car. Your braking performance is the same as stock brakes. The exhaust sounds different but power figures are unaffected.

Unless Kie encountered a bug, I can confirm that the gearbox is not one of the parts that is kept on. Performance wise, the cars are identical regardless of any upgrades attached. EDIT: Thinking about it, did he have the fully customisable MANUAL transmission attached? I tested with sequential which was disabled, but maybe the manual is kept on as it provides no performance benefit but does make the transmission sound different to stock?

Last edited:
I don't know what's going on. I definitely won my AS race last night but the website says I don't have any points

Found it. I had to find my name in the "local rankings". 193 points

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back