Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 12,083 comments
1648039680049.png

This can't be right. 2nd in Canada but only 141st in North America?

I had no problems racing, but my connection was showing as three bars throughout.

Given all the effort I've gone to in order to make sure everything inside the house is optimal and it's hardly a constricted line - heavily overspecced for online racing - and I've never seen less than four bars in GT Sport ever, even when someone else is watching Netflix, one does wonder what the hell is going on.

Also a five lap race was barely worth it. I know it's a test season and all, but it was over in a blink of an eye (title of your sextape).
Bars seem to be lower across the board this time compared to GT Sport, so could it be as simple as the thresholds have been changed for each bar? As in the same quality of connection may not result in the same number of bars in GT7 as it did in GT Sport. I'm in the same boat as you, wired connection to router, minimal network traffic, fast broadband, and I always had 4 bars on GT Sport. I assume the servers are based in central Europe as that's where I've noticed a trend in 4 bar connections, though you do see some anomalies.

Coincidentally, my 5 lap race was full of drama, all of it to my benefit ahah. Started in 5th and was 1st after 3 laps. Nothing dirty, just a few costly mistakes. Was only my first attempt but I decided to leave it there as despite the win I didn't think I was the fastest in the lobby, another race with the exact same group of players would have just as likely seen me finish 7th.

I have to say though, at the risk of becoming a pariah, I think people have to be more willing to use assists in GT7 than they were in GT Sport. There was someone in my lobby who was almost a second a lap faster than me. They came third because of a tiny mistake they made which would have been saved by TCS. I overtook someone on the final hairpin, they were on the outside on the kerb and the car spun out the moment they tried to accelerate on the low grip surface, they were at least capable of a podium finish but came 14th. Meanwhile I was happily using TCS and had no issues with mistakes under throttle. I get that in high skill lobbies there is time to gain by not using TCS, but this was B tier.

I assume the servers are based in central Europe
For Europe it's based in Amsterdam.

The others are in Sao Paulo, Tokyo, AWS in Ashburn VA... and I forget where the Oceania one is.

Last edited:
Ran my first ever manufacturer race last night, final NA time slot in GT1. I was never great in GR3 cars in GTS, I only had time for 30 minutes of practice for a best of 1:29.5 in the Corvette. Qualified 14th in my race but ended up finishing 9th with 133 points by keeping my nose clean, close racing even towards the back of the field. I hope I can get better. Next race is at Mt Panorama, I will definitely need some practice there.

Ran my first ever manufacturer race last night, final NA time slot in GT1. I was never great in GR3 cars in GTS, I only had time for 30 minutes of practice for a best of 1:29.5 in the Corvette. Qualified 14th in my race but ended up finishing 9th with 133 points by keeping my nose clean, close racing even towards the back of the field. I hope I can get better. Next race is at Mt Panorama, I will definitely need some practice there.
133 points for 9th? And your best was 1:29.5? Those numbers don't add up. What was your qualy time in the race? What DR are you? I see you were at 38,001 in GTS which is about where I am. You must have had a pretty strong room. I did a 1:27.3 in practice, and a 1.28.0 in qualy in an all DR A room but only got 147 points for 3rd. Either you were in a strong lobby and seriously picked up the pace after practice, or I was in an unusually weak lobby (probably this).

Odd, I just got probably the most intense case of deja vu in my life while writing this. Maybe I have complained about this before LOL.

Last edited:
133 points for 9th? And your best was 1:29.5? Those numbers don't add up.
LOL this was literally my exact response to reading that. I got 120 points for winning a GT2 league race, I think my quali was a 1:28.500 but I only had one chance at a clean lap and messed it up. Pole had a mid 1:27 I think.

On another note, anyone else notice some bizarre league placings? Like I was looking at nationals yesterday and there are players with A DR ratings in the GT3 league? I thought they were supposed to be locked into GT1? I get that there is no benefit as the amount of points you get is limited, but surely this is quite annoying for the other players they race against. I assume it's down to players sandbagging, how else would a player who was genuinely C rated when they signed up manage to get their DR up that much in the time that has passed since?

On another note, anyone else notice some bizarre league placings? Like I was looking at nationals yesterday and there are players with A DR ratings in the GT3 league? I thought they were supposed to be locked into GT1? I get that there is no benefit as the amount of points you get is limited, but surely this is quite annoying for the other players they race against. I assume it's down to players sandbagging, how else would a player who was genuinely C rated when they signed up manage to get their DR up that much in the time that has passed since?
You are locked in the tier when signing up. But your DR can still move up or down. So an alien from ACC who is playing GT for the first time would sign up as a D/E driver, smoke everyone, and quickly increase his DR. There are DR Bs in GT1 already, as well as As and Cs in GT2.

You are locked in the tier when signing up. But your DR can still move up or down. So an alien from ACC who is playing GT for the first time would sign up as a D/E driver, smoke everyone, and quickly increase his DR. There are DR Bs in GT1 already, as well as As and Cs in GT2.
Yeah that makes sense to a degree, I can understand how you'd get As and Cs in GT2, and Bs in GT1 and GT3, but the game was out for over a week before sign ups became available I thought? I figure that the reason for that is so any new players have enough time to slot into their appropriate rankings before the season opens. For a player to be C rated as early as Friday last week (but possibly even later depending on when they signed up) to be A rated as late as Tuesday seems like too fast a jump.

Like I said not really a problem anyway except for the few players who have to try and compete against them, because the points are so limited. If there was any sandbagging, I'm sure those players have now realised that it was actually to their detriment and that they are probably better off coming last in an appropriately ranked lobby.

I think the winner in the race might have got 300 points? I dont remember, I think it was all DR A no A+ or S. I mostly got to DR A by racing road cars not race cars in GTS, I have a lot of work to do.

Wait, what? You are locked in? What would be the purpose of that, to prevent purposeful DR resets? I get preventing drops, but you should be able to move up. Scratches head 🤔

Wait, what? You are locked in? What would be the purpose of that, to prevent purposeful DR resets? I get preventing drops, but you should be able to move up. Scratches head 🤔
You can move up/down when the season ends. But yes, you are locked in your tier when entering an event for the first time and stuck there until next season.

I'm trying out GT2. But my guess is it's not any different from GT1 for me. Probably around the same level of competition and available points. Not sure about aggression.

It's been cleaner than I expected where I am. Haven't recognized any names yet but it's been like races where I recognize everyone. Accidents happen but everyone keeping a line, anticipating others. One Lambo on the grid yesterday and everyone seemed to accept a little bit more space for that car. And the Lambo driver was relatively patient, picking openings.

When I spun the Lambo was behind for about a third of a lap. The overtake was aggressive but they made it. I didn't. I could have avoided it by fighting a bit less for position. I think I was about 7th at that point in the race. Could have easily finished in the top 10. Got sidetracked there but writing it down so I remember. :)

I got stuck in the warm-up for over 10 minutes last night in Slot 1 while the game tried to connect 3 players, who eventually got dropped or quit on their own. There was no warmup countdown until it suddenly appeared with only a few seconds left on it after those 10+ minutes passed. I honestly appreciated the extended warmup, since I didn't get to do any Free Practice immediately before being matched. As far as silly glitches go, this one was probably the best possible one. Still, even with the unexpected extra practice time, I could only qualify 15th of the 17 starters (which from what I heard from other races was about as close to a full room as anyone got...), over half a second slower than what I practiced in FP. My qualifying lap was so bad, that my best race lap was only 0.1s slower than it (to be fair, my best race lap was half a second FASTER than what I'd been able to do in practice races).

In the race itself, the polesitter pulled over and parked immediately after the start, and 3 others in front of me spun themselves out at various points in the race. Combined with the single legitimate overtake I made, I climbed 5 spots to finish 10th for 216 points. I definitely had the pace for better points if I'd gotten qualifying together, but given the silliness with the servers, I decided to not risk it.

Also, for some reason, when I tried to join multiplayer lobbies after race, the game just completely ignored my attempts to join. I'd click yes when it asked me if I wanted to join a lobby, and it just wouldn't do anything, no matter which lobby I clicked on. It didn't freeze or give me an error message - it just didn't do ANYTHING. Even restarting the game didn't fix it.

Last edited:
Hi all. New to all this. Raced yesterday. First race we had pit stop bug. In 2nd race, started with 3min pit stop bug, then 4min of qualification, in race ended 3rd and won 69 points. 3rd race got us approx 10min warmup, after that game kicked me out due to EXPECTED error :D and now i have 0 points in rankings. I though i read somewhere that they score our best race or its not the case?

I haven't ran any races yet but watching Super GT's video proves to me that BoP can indeed override user modifications which is how I think every Daily Race should be treated.

apologies if this has been asked- but has anyone seen a full list of the cars required for season one nation’s cup?

It would be nice to have some indication of total spend

Hi all. New to all this. Raced yesterday. First race we had pit stop bug. In 2nd race, started with 3min pit stop bug, then 4min of qualification, in race ended 3rd and won 69 points. 3rd race got us approx 10min warmup, after that game kicked me out due to EXPECTED error :D and now i have 0 points in rankings. I though i read somewhere that they score our best race or its not the case?
The most recent change in GT Sport was to last race.

apologies if this has been asked- but has anyone seen a full list of the cars required for season one nation’s cup?

It would be nice to have some indication of total spend
Season 1 hasn't been announced. Test season Miata ND is just below 25,000 Cr.

Last edited:
No. The game takes the results of your last race, not your best race. Going into a later slot means forfeiting your previous result. If you were to enter Slots 1 to 3 and got 30, 10 and 20 points respectively, then the game takes the result of Slot 3, which is 20 points. If you get a good result, you can call it a night.

Unlike GT Sport, I jumped in at launch so I'm hoping to do at least one race every test season they have.

Nations Cup: Very first Cup race and we were all stuck in the pits during qualifying until the very end. Therefore, no one got to run a A lap. Might as well because I wasn't that good regardless. Also, my car was bone stock.

Manu Cup: Bit of a role reversal from GT Sport. My qualifying was actually good but my race pace was terrible. Last slot was the best effort and even that was somewhat lacking. Also, I'm really not liking the Deep Forest hairpin.

Latest Posts

Back