Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 12,083 comments
Ok cool, thanks so I could enter the next race an hour later and although MY DR is the same, I could earn more (or less) points depending on the lobby?

For example, I finished 7th and got 12 points, if I finish 7th again its not guaranteed to be 12 points again?

Is there a way to see this in game?
Not exactly... your DR for the next race may change based on your previous race and it still depends on the DR of the room.
Also keep in mind that your last race points count. So in the next race, if your score less points, that is what you will be stuck with...

First attempt: 9th and 68pts
Second attempt: black screen after qualifying

Final result: 0pts :banghead:
68pts how? i win my race and won only 38pts

Been doing some practice laps for the Manufacturers race this afternoon in the McLaren. Best I have done as a controller user DR B rated driver is 1:29.8xx but consistent laps in 1:30.2 ish range. No idea how that stacks up against my fellow B drivers but I am quite happy with that personally and I will just have to see how it goes in race conditions.

As for the race itself I am expecting a lot of carnage given how the daily race went last week so it might mean I will need to try a few. That's assuming I can get into a race without the game locking up.
i¨m on 1:29:1xx and consistent laps in 1:29:6
The secret here is be gentle with de gas, even with TCS on

Hey fellow pad driver. Are you using TC? I’m using TC1 and would like to benchmark it to someone using the pad.

I don't think I changed it from whatever the default is, 3? Will be honest I forgot about TC when I did my testing Doh!. Can't go do anymore until just before the first race at 16:00 as I have to pretend to be a responsible adult for a few hours. Might be able to shave a few tenths will less TC maybe

I don't think I changed it from whatever the default is, 3? Will be honest I forgot about TC when I did my testing Doh!. Can't go do anymore until just before the first race at 16:00 as I have to pretend to be a responsible adult for a few hours. Might be able to shave a few tenths will less TC maybe
Thanks. My best lap was 1:30.5xx with the 2018 Supra. My optimal was 1:29.8xx.

First ever race! GT3, all C/S lobby. Qualified 2nd behind a guy with an atrocious connection who was jumping all over the track, eventually he dropped down to like 8th, either I punted him or he crashed on his own, I don't really care, went unchallenged the rest of the race. I think it was like 34 points? Is that good in GT3? Am I supposed to keep grinding my DR above C to get more points?
Yes the more DR you can gain the more points you will receive as you should theoretically be in a higher rated lobby with other drivers with higher DR.
However even if you get to DR B you will stay in GT3 until the season is over so you will be limited by that.

I managed to get 1:28.207 with the McLaren in the Manufacturer's race practice. I just looked at the world rankings, it's crazy people are hitting 1:25's!

Last edited:
I managed to get 1:28.207 with the McLaren in the Manufacturer's race practice. I just looked at the world rankings, it's crazy people are hitting 1:25's!
Maybe the McLaren is just .... at this track, but the meta car on another.
It's just such a shame that you only see the top 10.....
Why can't I spot my exact position worldwide, in my region, in my country ....
The same goes for the car. Here there is just the need for showing everybody that has driven this car for the manufacturer.

Did slot 1 in Nations. Had a 3+ minute black screen prior to qualifying and lost 9/20 competitors. I qualified 6th of the remaining 11, got turned around while in 5th on lap 2 and limped it home in 9th for 151 points.

Didn't care for the lobby screen's poor chat feature and lack of info compared to GTS (couldn't see the points payout for example). How they've gone backwards from GTS is baffling.

Oh well, got my trophy for finishing a Sport mode race, only 49 to go for the other one.

Last edited:
How do you check the standings? Is it in game only? This is my first time trying these events, I entered the 10:00pm est nations race and got the black screen, got into the 11:00pm est race, started 7th and finished 4th, clean tight racing. This was GT1 class and I got 155 points.

How do you check the standings? Is it in game only? This is my first time trying these events, I entered the 10:00pm est nations race and got the black screen, got into the 11:00pm est race, started 7th and finished 4th, clean tight racing. This was GT1 class and I got 155 points.
GTS allowed us to see the standings on the website as well as in-game. Another thing that worked perfectly that is now inexplicably missing. GT7 has no Sport Mode info at all on the website, so the info must be in the game somewhere?

Maybe the McLaren is just .... at this track, but the meta car on another.
It's just such a shame that you only see the top 10.....
Why can't I spot my exact position worldwide, in my region, in my country ....
The same goes for the car. Here there is just the need for showing everybody that has driven this car for the manufacturer.
Maybe it's just me but I'm finding the last hairpin to be difficult to do well, the turning circle of the McLaren is not ideal for it. Great points about knowing how you are doing compared to others in your region and by car type! It feels like it should be easy to do.

I love the game but it's quite clear to me that it wasn't entirely finished...

Can view standings from here (there's no links to these pages for whatever reason but they are on there)
Good find! Just replace "gb" with your version of the website to see your own region (for example https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt7/sportmode/ for North America).

Looking at NA Nations results, only 287 people participated across the three tiers. GT1=99, GT2=95, GT3=93. That is a very low turnout.

Also weird that everyone is shown with S/S as their DR/SR rating.

Good find! Just replace "gb" with your version of the website to see your own region (for example https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt7/sportmode/ for North America).

Looking at NA Nations results, only 287 people participated across the three tiers. GT1=99, GT2=95, GT3=93. That is a very low turnout.

I think these pages are busted. It's not having any records of the race I did yesterday (I did complete one last night) and it's showing my SR as A+ which, to my knowledge, doesn't exist....

EDIT: Reading comprehension skills. Didn't type in US. My bad

Last edited:
No more Generation groupings. Only GT classes. Interesting.

I lowered my DR to enter as GT2. And feel I made the right choice. The racing was clean. And the competion was challenging. But today's Manu I think will be a better test.

I'm SR A+ too. I did one "repair" Daily in the morning just to be sure I had top SR. And my Nations race was clean.

I did quit the race I did to lower my DR last Friday. Maybe that's why?

On one hand, I guess it's nice to separate out the GT's, but I did also enjoy seeing where I at least stacked up overall in my local/domestic/regional rankings.

You're reading the final number, there are ties. This is just the top 100.

I don't think that's the turn out. They are definitely lacking names of most of the drivers I raced against in my race. Perhaps they can only show < 100 names at a time, and those who are tied with 100th place are not displayed

You're reading the final number, there are ties. This is just the top 100.
Good catch. If you replace the "1" at the end of the URL with "2", "3", etc... you can see the following pages of results. So yes, many more players than I had stated before. Seems like the site is missing Next and Back buttons.

Good catch. If you replace the "1" at the end of the URL with "2", "3", etc... you can see the following pages of results. So yes, many more players than I had stated before. Seems like the site is missing Next and Back buttons.
The number at the end of the URL is the league you're viewing, at least for me.

I'm about to take part in the Manufacturer's Cup, it feels more like Fall Guys as to who gets errors and gets kicked back to the main menu. That's what happened to me yesterday at least! I'll let you know how I get on...

I did the first Nations Cup last night at 16:00 PDT, and although I got stuck in the garage for a bit, it was less than a minute and all seemed to go smoothly after that. Qualified 8, finished P6. After contact L1 T1, it wasn't bad.

No more Generation groupings. Only GT classes. Interesting.

I lowered my DR to enter as GT2. And feel I made the right choice. The racing was clean. And the competion was challenging. But today's Manu I think will be a better test.

I'm SR A+ too. I did one "repair" Daily in the morning just to be sure I had top SR. And my Nations race was clean.

I did quit the race I did to lower my DR last Friday. Maybe that's why?
Why did you lower your DR when you are A+? Isn’t the GT pyramid to ensure that drivers of equal abilities are matched together?

Entered the first EMEA Manufacturers lobby, my first predominantly A+ lobby in GT7, and I find myself stuck in my pit garage along with everyone else who hasn't left yet. Some reporting black screens; I can see my Genesis X and pit personnel just fine, but the brake/throttle triggers are locked even though my engine is running. Eleven minutes passed - the 'Time Remaining' counter is still at 07:00.

UPDATE: People got out on track, but there was no time left to set a decent quali lap. Starting dead last on virtue of a glitch I never experienced in GT Sport. Utterly bizarre situation.

Last edited:
Back