Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,941 comments
Two attempts today.

First slot USA:
GT2
B/S Lobby - Door #2

I botched qualifying. Picked up a barrier penalty on my first flying lap, which ruined the second. Started P12. Flipped my tire strat, 5H/9S. Got me up to P5 to finish.

I knew I could do better.

Second slot:
B/S Lobby - Door #9

Much better qualifying this time, I even set a PB during the practice session with a 1:54.588 which is currently P350 on the leader board. Unfortunately I didn't have quite the same pace, but I still managed to start P3.

Race started ok, I picked up a couple early penalties the first few laps so I wasn't gaining on the leaders as much as I'd like. But P1 was getting sloppy defending, which eventually caused an incident with P2 causing them to make a mistake and I easily passed. It was my turn to frustrate P1. By Lap 8 I was in attack range and made a move in the esses between the two hairpin turns. That didn't go well, I'll submit video for others to review after this post. But after the incident, P3 and P4 get by both of us. I pit early to build a gap between myself and the person that I got involved with. I didn't want him to try to retaliate again.

Tire strat went 8S/6H, no fuel savings and kept things clean from then on. Finished P3 for better points than the previous race.

18b7775fbde20-screenshotUrl.jpg

I probably would have won were it not for my issue on Lap 8.

Submitted for Steward Review. My "incident"

I will admit some fault here, my pass didn't have the oomph needed to get by on the first attempt and then I understeered the GT-R off into the dirt. When they rejoined the track they bumped me off into the dirt, which I didn't have any issue with. I was going to concede the place to him as at this point, he was ahead and we could have carried on. But then the GT-R intentionally goes out of their way to ram me which ruined both our positions.

First video was me, in the Porsche.

Second video is from the GT-R.

After their retaliation, I just carried on with the race. I wasn't going to do the fair thing and risk them doing more dumb things.

That high speed downhill has two regular traffic lanes but at flat out the racing line is incredibly narrow. You did kind of wedge your way in there. If you look at the GTRs steering inputs I don't think the last swerve left was intentional, they had full right steer lock in and just lost all traction.

GT-R looked full "jesus take the wheel" mode from the first time they went off onto the left dirt.

Last edited:
Excellent race today, GT2 10:00 PST slot, door #7. @GlockPants was there with me.

Only had about 10 minutes to warm up, but found pace quickly and was ready to go. I love this track/car combo, suits me well.

Qualifying: wasn’t able to get enough of a gap, checked up on the bridge but the dude behind me passed and slotted in, filling the gap I’d left. First lap caught him and couldn’t get by, but passed into T1 on the second lap, salvaging a 5th.

Race: started on softs, moved to 4th quickly and settled in. Spent most of the stint in no man’s land, a couple seconds out of 3rd, a couple seconds ahead of 5th.

Towards the end of the stint, 1st and 2nd had an incident and I found myself now in second close to the leader. Coming into the pits at the end of 9, the leader runs out of fuel on pit entry and we enter the pits on top of each other. We exit together and stay there into T1. I get a little loose and slot in behind him.

2nd lap of the hard stint, I’m still close, but run wide in the sweepers, picking up a half second penalty. Dropped me just far enough back I didn’t think I could push for first without a big mistake, so settled into 2nd a couple seconds back. Slowly made up time on the last two laps, getting to about 1 second off the lead at the finish.

Without the penalty, I may have had a shot to win, but 2nd place 93 points is my best so far, so I’ll take it!

That penalty is odd? I wonder is it’s the speed difference. You’re doing 125mph while the AMG was doing 146mph, while car in the middle ?. I wonder if the game thought you was brake checking and that why you got the pen? What ever happened that is pretty harsh on you.
You didn’t the right thing in T1, but Im wondering if you tightened the apex off T1 too much that you lost momentum and taking the place. I know you race VR so obviously harder to judge car gaps.
Not sure what else I could have done in T1 really. I never like going for moves that early, I always just want to settle in first. But then in the heat of the moment it kind of got forced on me. Backing off and letting him recover after he'd gone that deep would have been incredibly awkward. My thoughts were basically "You're on hards aren't you..." followed by a bit of panic realising he's still there, then some expletives after seeing the penalty and damage. Maybe a bit more aggravated. :indiff:

I guess I'm just frustrated because on the rare occasions I start on a slower tyre that far forward, I know I'm causing chaos for those behind me who didn't and won't push to hold positions right out of the gate if someone's clearly that much faster. Especially so if it's Hards vs Softs for some reason. I could have potentially pushed a bit harder out of T1 in hindsight but as you say, I'm in VR and going side-by-side like that is tough.

The damage basically turned my first soft stint into a second hard stint as I was about 2s/lap slower than I would have been and I ended up P12.

At least the second attempt went much better. The points were almost exactly the same but the people in the lobby were much, much faster.

I stuck it on P5 and started on the Softs again, and the start of the race was a bit deja vu. P4 had started on the Hards and made the exact same mistake into turn 1... but went even deeper. I cleanly got past hugging the apex and there was no crisis through the S-bend.

Seth Meyers Omg GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Looking back at the replay, it turns out most of the grid started on Hards. P1, P2, P3 and me were the only people that didn't.

The McLaren directly in front of me picked up a track limits penalty through the S-bend and I got the position at the penalty line, but his pace was just better. He eventually got past me at the start of lap 7 and then slowly pulled away. From there I was just trying to keep my pace and consistency up with nothing behind me due to the big strategy differences.

I went 13S/6H/13S and emerged from my final pit stop in P7 but moved back up to P4 within a few laps from pit stops. I had hoped to stay there, but the Porsche starting P6 had been gaining on me throughout the race on a 3-stop. With fresher tyres and just better pace overall, he caught me about halfway through my stint, so back down to P5 where I eventually finished, 20 seconds off the winner.

I'll admit I'm slightly irked because I set my personal best race time in this one and would have won the previous race by about 10 seconds with my finish time, but I'm definitely not going to turn my nose up at 211 points and a top 5. That replaces my 178 from Dragon Trail, so nice boost on the standings too.

As a small aside, whilst scanning through my VOD I just discovered the 650S Gr.3 does this on the dashboard when you cross the line:
1698518515804.png

Never seen that before, and I'm surprised they bothered modelling it since it only appears for a few frames before the screen fades to black with the results board!

Last edited:
That high speed downhill has two regular traffic lanes but at flat out the racing line is incredibly narrow. You did kind of wedge your way in there. If you look at the GTRs steering inputs I don't think the last swerve left was intentional, they had full right steer lock in and just lost all traction.

GT-R looked full "jesus take the wheel" mode from the first time they went off onto the left dirt.
You could be right, and I had considered that. In the heat of the race however, it just looks like he dives in front of me, especially in VR.

@guitargeek feel free to add me! Contrary to the video evidence above, I'm usually pretty clean! :lol:

Last edited:
Here’s my submission to the racing stewards this week.

This guy was heavy on the brakes and making it hard to pass with a lot of swerving. Took a shot and felt like I held the inside enough to not be considered a dive bomb.

Both car views, his view first. I’m in the Ferrari. Ignore the turn signal I had on for the entire race. I’m not 80 years old, just playing a game that intentionally tries to blind you in VR.

You did nothing wrong there. Looks like you was just a nose ahead going into the right hand corner so the corner was basically yours. The Porsche turns into early. Excellent move round the outside though.

Not sure what else I could have done in T1 really. I never like going for moves that early, I always just want to settle in first. But then in the heat of the moment it kind of got forced on me. Backing off and letting him recover after he'd gone that deep would have been incredibly awkward. My thoughts were basically "You're on hards aren't you..." followed by a bit of panic realising he's still there, then some expletives after seeing the penalty and damage. Maybe a bit more aggravated. :indiff:
Yeah you did nothing wrong at T1. My original comment I notice had an error in it which maybe came across wrong.

Just did the middle GT1 slot in the EMEA. I love Gr3 here. Qualified P3 in the McLaren and took P2 when the Porsche in front got in the dirt before the final straight. Was able to pull away enough to be comfortable and from there it was trying to chase down P1 (who went by GMK_Josetecochete with a Spanish flag, and I know TDG_Josete = Jose Surrano so I am not liking my chances here). Ultimately I wasn't and lost a bunch of time to P1 every sector... but I was able to keep away from P3.

I decided to go for the 14/14/4 strat after watching Digit's stream. A bunch of cars behind pit earlier so I was by myself for a while. Unfortunately for me, when I pit on lap 14 I came out right into the cars that already pit. There was a Porsche and a GTR just ahead slowing me down. GTR pits so now I am stuck behind a Frenchman in the Porsche. We go side-by-side into T1 and he gets into the side of me a bit. Not enough for being dirty, but enough to push me off my line. I would then get by going into the hairpin after the esses but going into the infield he rear ends me and pushes me wide. I didn't go off the track but I was none-too-pleased. He got the business end of my highbeams! He should've given the place back - even once we got to the bridge I would've been fine with - but he didn't. I was right on his tail going into the final chicane and he braked earlier than I was expecting so I hit his rear bumper. He went a little wide but was otherwise unaffected but now I had front bumper damage. He pit. (Just to clarify, the white Porsche in the pics is not the one I am talking about; he was very clean!)

Since I just pit for Softs I got to run the next 10 laps with front end damage costing me a lot of time, especially on the straights. I lost a place to another Porsche but got it back after he pit and I stayed out. I pit on lap 28 for the RH tires and to repair the damage and four lonely laps later it was over for a P2.

I'll take it, overall that race was really fun other than the scuffle with the Frenchman in the Porsche. But, in the end it didn't cost me anything, so whatever. Fun race indeed.

b0954b84c3f2432afc10ce231f8ac15a_photo.webp

3d1c6ad5df089ef8aa91b5a00f5baece_photo.webp

2a93c7c63e379ca6ed265bd77d44086b_photo.webp

Hi guys! Rebooting the game after a veeery long hiatus.

2 quick questions about today's race please :

• how is the Evo Gr.3 under current BoP ? (I'm in GT1 League sadly)
  • and what is the basic tuning that I should do with my car ?

As stated in previous post, I got 27m53s on my run for 62 pts, finishing P1.

If I were to participate in another race, would I be put in a higher points lobby? I m low B/S.
Possibly, yes. But that's no guarantee, there's also no guarantee that you'll finish high enough to better your previous score. The score that counts is from the last race you do, not your best result of however many races you decide to do.

You have to make that call yourself if it's worth the risk.

This guy was heavy on the brakes and making it hard to pass with a lot of swerving. Took a shot and felt like I held the inside enough to not be considered a dive bomb.

Both car views, his view first. I’m in the Ferrari. Ignore the turn signal I had on for the entire race. I’m not 80 years old, just playing a game that intentionally tries to blind you in VR.

I wouldn't hold anything against you for that. That was a very smooth move around the outside and it looks like you completely caught the Porsche napping.

I don't think it looked particularly dirty on the Porsche's part, just careless. Maybe the Porsche was also playing in VR? I'm assuming the driver seat would be on the left, in which case it would be difficult to keep track of the radar and catch someone sweeping around you whilst going through there.

Last edited:
just finished first slot GT1, Genesis. I didn't have high hopes, my free practice pace was nothing to get excited about. And between the Genesis and myself, I am crap at saving tires. Really, really crap. Nine laps on RS is all I can manage without taking a huge risk.

My qualy was a poor pace even by my standard, so started Q10. This is my first time in GT1 and I haven't gotten out of the first lap without some aero damage, us low As just can't seem to handle that first lap :( So I knew I was starting on hards so I could manage any repairs early. Sure enough, I take it on T1. And if it hadn't been for some strong ghosting at the downhill hairpin, I would have been in the sharky Pacific Ocean.

I went with a possibly unusual tire choice: 2H/9S/12M/9S. I will say, once I got on the RS early, guys on the hards were good about giving space.

Not much else to say, except for the first time, 32 laps and a CRB! Finish P6. I didn't really have a P6 pace, except running penalty free and staying away from bad tires made up positions over the hour.

Good luck out there!

Yeah good move on your behalf. The porsche went extremely tight through that corner, so much so that you were able to get completly along side them while coasting the whole time. They then turned in on you at the right hander so that contact is on them although it didn't appear to be an intention block or anything like that.

Once again I found myself in the 340ish points lobby with the usual suspects! @OutlawQuadrnt and @Geauxgreddy were there too, and many other familiar names
My qualy was decent…I was actually up on my 2nd lap, but caught a penalty and that was the end of the possibly better lap. Still, I started Q6 on the hard tyre, right in front of Outlaw, who was on the Softs and quickly dispatched me.
I was being held up in the first 1.5 laps, so I decided to risk it and pit at the end of L2. The RX-Vision is arguably OP on tyres, so I thought I should take advantage on that and push for two 15 lap stints on Softs. That paid off BIG TIME and I found myself P2 by lap 32..when a Porsche decided to make a little "Push-to-Pass" move… but I still crossed the line to take P3, another podium in this season and a whopping 317 points! So I can't complain…I'm extremely happy with that result.

Here's a bit of a photo dump… this amazing livery was made by @RacingGrandpa
18b78b2d9ae12-screenshotUrl~2.jpg
18b78b28a7052-screenshotUrl~2.jpg
18b78b2766734-screenshotUrl~2.jpg

And here's the race in full as well.

This might be it. I am ashamed to say I have done plenty of FP test laps because a) I can't run Manu this week and b) work is crappy so the more mindless my GT time, the better.

What I am finding is that most cars are very consistent, lap after lap. The weather pattern is that lap 1 starts with 4.3m/s wind and changes to 4.4 as you approach turn 1. It stays at 4.4 until you approach turn 1 on lap 2 and then moves to 4.5m/s. This is where it stays until at least lap 5. Tyre temps start at 70 and then progressively drop over the entire session. By the time you've done 4 laps in an FR car, the fronts are below 30.

The car that sees the biggest fluctuation in performance within a session is the AMG. It is also the car that has the highest top speed in FP. This might make it more susceptible to aero effects? The inconsistency is quite large though. Up to 3 tenths per lap with no obvious cause. It also seems to occur suddenly, rather than being the accumulation of a small difference across an entire lap. For example, I will occasionally be within one or two thousandths of my ghost at the top of the hill, and by the time I reach the start of turn 1 I'm a full two tenths in front or behind. Wind conditions are the same and tyre temps are very close.

I'm not at all worried about it from a race perspective. This combo is not going to be decided by a few tenths of performance. It's just a very odd little mystery.
It's weird if it suddenly loses speed when wind conditions are exactly the same. Another possibility is you've driven more than 200 km in a session and the oil starts to degrade. I know in the daily race SSRX TTs people can't do more than a few laps before having to restart the session because the oil loses performance.

In the race I find herd mentality plays a big factor too. The Chiron or Huayra might be equally competitive but if everyone else is in the AMG people won't bump draft you if you're in another car.

GT1 first slot. Good lobby with 242 points and me wearing door 14.
Really tried hard to create space in front of me for qualifying and I got 2 clear laps. Didn’t have me best pace but still landed q7.
Started on rs and made it up to p4 on lap one. Lap two sees me up to p3 and close to p2. Ran in p3 until p2 pitted and then ran p2 for a bit. My plan was 10rs, 11rs, 1 rh then fuel and last soft run.

Started second guessing the extra pit and stopped for rh after lap 12. Went a few laps on the rh and felt like I may negate the extra pit so I stayed out until lap 20 when I grabbed RS and some fuel.

Came out in p7 and was hoping quite a few may make a last lap stop for rh but that wasn’t happening.

Had a little fishtail just before the first tunnel and two cars got by but I was fine with no barryR contact.

The cars that passed were struggling in a few of the turns so I kept pressure on.
After back and forth battles with p7 I finally got by on the final lap as he slightly overcooked the downhill hairpin.

I pulled a big gap right away but no chance to catch p5.

Very fun and respectful racing today. Managed a CRB and p6 for 191 points which I was very happy with.

Pole was a 1:45 and he schooled us winning by nearly a minute 😂

IMG_6079.jpeg
IMG_6081.jpeg

I just jumped in to get points in one round and make some easy credits. I'll be able to properly play in the next season.

So... Terrible race, as expected: I'm still DR B in spite not having played for months, I didn't practice, I think the 155 is bad at fuel saving, and I'm definetely bad at Grand Valley.

14th or 15th in the end.

Man what a day for me and my friends and family! I just got my friend and family to try out the online part of GT7.. So-far they have been loving it but today was really good for them. My brother sister and 2 friends took P1.. with my bro and friend taking fastest and and pole. They were extremely excited because we practiced for two weeks and it paid off! Again they are GT3 drivers but they are just getting use to competing online.

My race was crazy… It’s always just more pressure on me for one we all screen share our races so the whole team watches… maybe it got to me today I qualified P14 😭 I have never qualified that bad ever… When the race came around I just put my head down in went to work… the traffic was pretty annoying… for I respect other drivers even if they are slower than me… once I got through that I was in P7 for a long part of the race… which I was happy… I just struggled big time with my tires… I had to run TC1 to get to at least 12 laps on the softs. The last lap was spicy and fun and it’s the reason online racing can just be awesome. I race in VR so I took a clip of the last lap! I took P5.

Please excuse the shaking at the end I was screaming I was pumped up!

Last edited:
Ugh. Missed slot 1 due to more Pokemon (my favorite store is closing...), slot 2 got kicked during qualifying, slot 3 I napped through because I forgot it was at 7 instead of 8. I wasn't that optimistic about this combo anyway but I at least wanted to get some points on the board...

GT1 A EMEA slot 1...

Surprisingly decent quali this week, left a massive gap and my second lap was good enough for 5th.

Was planning to start on hards but being near the front I went with softs to try and keep it smooth lap one and avoid any damage. Everybody else was on hards so I was up to 2nd at the end lap of one after a couple of moments for other drivers and pit stops.

Was pleased to discover I could easily do 10 laps on the softs and fuel was no issue, perhaps I should have changed strategy but stuck to 10S/10S/10S/2H. Out of sync with everyone else I spent most of the race in the lead and only once got held up by a Porsche for a couple of laps, but he was very fair and gave me lots of space. He eventually finished a few secs ahead so it was good strategy by him.

Eventually I had to pay the piper and did two laps on hards, not sure if I could have got away with one, coming out of the pits 4th place was a second back in a GTR on old softs, but his fronts were finished and after the hards warmed I pulled away to finish 3rd.

Maybe 2nd was on the cards with better strategy or more aggressive driving, but that could also have ended up in the barriers. I was pushing 90-95% with no errors all race so super happy with another solid result and some good clean racing!

IMG_7762.jpg
IMG_7763.jpg

I love reading everyone's Manu/Nations stories!

I ended up doing one more yesterday afternoon, as I love this track. Unfortunately, I had somewhere to be in the evening so this would be the last of them. I wish things were timed better as I'd have done another GT1 race for sure.

Anyway, not a lot to report here. The Viper actually got better mileage than the NSX which is surprising... apparently an 8.3L V10 is quiet the efficient engine. :lol: Pretty sure it was a 10/4 strat; minor fuel savings required but nothing too detrimental.

Fun combos overall in both the Gr3 and Gr4 cars. Well done, PD, well done. The only thing I would've changed would've been a time transition. Dusk looks so great here with the orange sky, it would've been cool if we could've ended the race at dusk or even at night.

6b73780ada8818175eb201459e337727_photo.webp

0536987e5f124cb3051235aa4b3bf817_photo.webp

87c9d06b42eb502de90dd9a3d9eeca01_photo.webp

GT1 / A+ / EMEA slot 2
AMG
Strategy: 7 RH / 13 RS / 12 RS

Had a decent quali with a mid 46 lap time which got me 5th on the grid.

I had done a few 32-lap practice runs, so had a pretty good idea of how long the tires would last. I started on hards, had a decent pace without any incidents and pitted for softs after lap 7. Got dropped to 13th but I knew that my strategy was solid, so I didn't worry.

After 13 laps on softs I was back at P5. The tires were pretty much done but with only 12 laps remaining, I knew I could comfortably pit for a new set and push hard for the rest of the race. As soon as I got out of the pits, I saw a white GT-R in my rearview mirror, and he ended up staying there for the remaining 12 laps. I got one 0.5 sec penalty during those 12 laps but managed to keep him behind me. By the final couple of laps his tires must have been completely worn out as the gap increased to almost 3 seconds.

I gained a few more positions as others pitted and finished the race 4th with 232 points. All in all, the race was clean, and the drivers were respectful to each other. Very nice.

Screenshot_2023-10-29-13-25-05-07_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329__01__01__01.jpg

Here's the full race in VR in case someone's interested:

Last edited:
Back