Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,941 comments
congratulations, you’re very fast!

However I must disagree about the clean and respectful..😊

To be fair, everyone else was really cool

Oh I'm sorry, that's just unacceptable. He should've been disqualified without a question.

And thanks.

Last edited:
Reading everyone's race reports, it makes me really wish PD would give us corner names for the fictional tracks (or someone creative just makes some up and we all accept them). It takes a little out of the stories reading "the second hairpin" and having to remember which corner that is, rather than something like "the Seaview hairpin" (or whatever name we'd call it, I'm bad at naming things).

Oh I'm sorry, that's just unacceptable. He should've been disqualified without a question.

And thanks.
Yeah, I was wishing there was an instance of regulation to report to. I understand why that’d be impossible for most online racing but in these races, in GT1 where we sweat for 1h+ I really wish there were.

I mean, cause seen from that dudes perspective, if you can easily keep your place by purposefully taking an overtaker out on the last straight with no cost whatsoever, maybe is a bit too hard to resist. For some..

Reading everyone's race reports, it makes me really wish PD would give us corner names for the fictional tracks (or someone creative just makes some up and we all accept them). It takes a little out of the stories reading "the second hairpin" and having to remember which corner that is, rather than something like "the Seaview hairpin" (or whatever name we'd call it, I'm bad at naming things).
It's hard to do so naturally tbf, and attempts at specifically naming turns from the community would prob end up pretty cringe.

2-3-4 at GV will always be Faux Rouge to me but can't see any other specific names catching on.

I've done a couple practice laps at SSRX and watched @Tidgney's Weekly Race Guide from the last time they had daily races there (week #41, IIRC). I feel like I'm as prepared as I can be for this week's Nations Cup race. Bring on the crapshoot!

For the next Manu Cup race a Catalunya, it looks like the 16-lap GT2/3 is going to be a no-stopper for me. I've run two test races with the Peugeot RCZ: 14M-2H and 16H. The no-stopper was 18s shorter. Fuel was not an issue. The RM tires lasted me 14 laps. RH got me to the end of the race with about a third left on them.
attempts at specifically naming turns from the community would prob end up pretty cringe.
Turny McTurnface, anyone?

I've been going with a slightly disrespectful livery each race so far. Ferraris have been the Authentic Chef Boyardee livery, Purrari, Super Mario Bros, etc. Used a NASCAR Tide livery for the lemans race on the R92CP. I'm split between using a replica F-1 livery and going WITH DALE THE INTIMIDATOR for Catalunya.

Last edited:
It's hard to do so naturally tbf, and attempts at specifically naming turns from the community would prob end up pretty cringe.

2-3-4 at GV will always be Faux Rouge to me but can't see any other specific names catching on.
Chicane of Death is universal used, that's community named.
Seaview Hairpin sounds good to me as well

Can't wait to read everyone's strats for the Nations race at SSRX! :rolleyes: :lol: Put a brick on the gas pedal and turn right every couple of minutes.

Interesting that even the GT1 races will likely only last 30 mins, including qualifying.

Can't wait to read everyone's strats for the Nations race at SSRX! :rolleyes: :lol: Put a brick on the gas pedal and turn right every couple of minutes.

Interesting that even the GT1 races will likely only last 30 mins, including qualifying.
The interest is in what car to pick. I want to pick the '02 RX7 as it hauls ass on the run to the line, but won't perform as well in quali and gets outrun off the line by most other cars, though crucially not the AMG which is quickest in free run right now

The interest is in what car to pick. I want to pick the '02 RX7 as it hauls ass on the run to the line, but won't perform as well in quali and gets outrun off the line by most other cars, though crucially not the AMG which is quickest in free run right now
Over the back end of the last Daily I was seeing more Mazda and RE Amemiya RX-7s, and mainly finishing in the top five - with several wins. I ran the RE Amemiya exclusively (because red is more interesting than white) and rarely finished outside the top five, with several podiums, except when clattered.

The red one had awesome acceleration, would love to get like 5 or 6 people running it as they would be a couple seconds ahead and might be able to bump draft to the end and gatekeep the top spots, but it is a little slower than the others in general. Would guarantee like top 5 or 6 but you'd struggle to win I'm guessing.

The white one is polar opposite, crummy accel but one of the best in the draft, and the best kick on the nitrous at the end, almost felt like cheating the way just getting to the last turn was a guaranteed win in it

As a small aside, whilst scanning through my VOD I just discovered the 650S Gr.3 does this on the dashboard when you cross the line:
View attachment 1298673

Never seen that before, and I'm surprised they bothered modelling it since it only appears for a few frames before the screen fades to black with the results board!

Just wanted to mention that this is the hazard lights going off, which the car does when you finish a race.

Coming up on the last straight, after 32 sweaty laps, I was so happy I was heading for P7. Then this happens…

This season, with the long races and heavy damage, I’ve been so very impressed of how fair and respectful everyone in GT1 has been driving. But I guess there’s always one..

I was in your lobby and had some argy-bargy with the same Italian during the first few laps of the race with him on the hards and me on the softs but not to an unacceptable level like that... That was nasty!

Late report as I attended a huge carmeet (possibly one of the biggest in Western Europe if not Europe this year) with some friends and my E36 and went to the Nürburgring for the second time this month today (I live a 2.30 hour drive away from the Green Hell).

I only had time for one race which was GT1 EMEA Slot 1 in my AMG.

I don't have a lot of experience on GV and didn't have a lot of time to practice. Luckily the softs made life easier. I had a lot of fun as this track often feels like a rollercoaster on Softs.

As Qualifying started, i was pretty confident. Unfortunately i picked up a penalty on my 1st lap which meant the lap i had to set my time on was going to be slower than normal. I served my penalty and ended up in 12th even though i was quite fast. I had only one chance today though so i was going to give it my all! The top 5 were some insanely fast aliens in their 911's so i wasn't hoping for a top 5.

I start on Hards as i figured a 1H-10S-11S-10S would be most viable. In the first corner, 4 cars hit eachother and while 2 spin out, I speed right through all four of them, Lightning McQueen style.

Disney Pixar Cars GIF by Disney

I'm in 8th but i pit for softs. Some in front of me pit too, but the field behind me doesn't, leaving me in last place when i exit on lap 2. First stint begins. On my own power, i overtake 4 cars during this 10 lap stint which felt really good. Overtaking opponents due to raw speed is fantastic. As i visit the pit on lap 11 for another set of tyres i'm in 8th but get overtaken by someone which means i'm in 9th as i leave the pit exit.

Someone in a Supra pits halfway the race and i take 7th as i had overtaken 8th earlier. The Supra comes out 4 seconds behind me though. I'm creeping up on 6th and 5th, with a distance of 2 seconds. Around lap 17 though, i hear an extremly loud bang outside my bedroom window. This really startled me, my windows were shaking too. I look out my window and see a wave of smoke rising on the main road. This is what we Dutch dub a "Vuurwerkbom", literally: Fireworks Bomb. It's a geniune small bomb made out of fireworks. Not only are these heavily illegal as they can cause damage to property, vehicles and human hands, fireworks used for private uses are generally only legal during New Years Eve in the Netherlands.

This caused me to lose focus and i lost the pace i had on 5th and 6th. The Supra closed in on me too, closing the gap to less than a second by the time lap 21 rolled around. My tyres were gone so i pitted, still in front of the Supra, for a new set of softs and refueled on that lap. This meant i had to do 11 laps on softs this final stint.

For some reason, i lost all my race pace in this final stint. I'm still not sure due to what exactly, either i lost all my focus or the temperature was playing with my tyres. Either way, the Supra pits on my out lap but exits in front of me and he speeds off. Around lap 28 i lose my 8th position and by lap 31 - with a GT-R right behind me - my front left is gone. I understeer and pick up a penalty, serving it on the final lap. The GT-R unfortunately passes me right before the final sector and i settle on a 10th position. As i look at the intervals, i had lost about 20 seconds of time in these 11 laps on the Supra. As the race end timer rolls on, 2 Volkswagens with blue lights flashing park in my street, with officers searching the location of the explosion lol.

IMG-9626.JPG

I didn't feel too bad though. I gained 2 positions and had a fun race with quite a few overtakes, save for the last stint. Last weeks victory during Nations Cup at Le Mans was definitely better but i did what i could this race. I was just bummed i lost so much pace and gave up a possible 8th place. Then again, i can't complain about a incident/damageless race.

Enjoy some pictures of my AMG in custom race as i forgot to save the race replay.

IMG-9628.JPG
IMG-9627.JPG
IMG-9629.JPG

Last edited:
I was in your lobby and had some argy-bargy with the same Italian during the first few laps of the race with him on the hards and me on the softs but not to an unacceptable level like that... That was nasty!
Yeah. I was stunned. Previous races I’ve seen nothing but perfect manners so I never thought a driver on our level would sink so low.

How did the rest of your race go? Got a good score?

Yeah. I was stunned. Previous races I’ve seen nothing but perfect manners so I never thought a driver on our level would sink so low.

How did the rest of your race go? Got a good score?
I also had mostly close but fair racing in this and the Nordschleife. At the end of the day there'll always be bad apples around I guess, even at A/A+.

Overall I was happy with P2 and the 250ish points. Compared to the last round this one was pretty straightforward, besides losing approx. 6 seconds with that rubbing in the first two laps. But I guess it would not have made a difference as the German in P1 had superior tire-management and could run a 2-stopper (15S-15S-2H) vs. my 3-stopper (10S-11S-10S-1H). How he managed to keep his tires and pace alive still baffles me... I guess (hope?) the 911 will be a little bit more competitive at Catalunya!

I also had mostly close but fair racing in this and the Nordschleife. At the end of the day there'll always be bad apples around I guess, even at A/A+.

Overall I was happy with P2 and the 250ish points. Compared to the last round this one was pretty straightforward, besides losing approx. 6 seconds with that rubbing in the first two laps. But I guess it would not have made a difference as the German in P1 had superior tire-management and could run a 2-stopper (15S-15S-2H) vs. my 3-stopper (10S-11S-10S-1H). How he managed to keep his tires and pace alive still baffles me... I guess (hope?) the 911 will be a little bit more competitive at Catalunya!
Jeeez.. yeah that was some insane tire management skills!

I reckon we won't get a new season till December then. Unless they announce a new season to start later this month, then make BOP changes after the fact.... which they've done before in GTS

If they dole out the prize credits immediately after Saturday's race then we'll know. Looking at my scores on mobile though, there's still a space for a round 5 score...

Back