Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 12,083 comments
Race 1: AO, Lambo.

Pretty non-eventful. Qualified P2 in the Lambo. P1 got a 1.5s pen on lap one and I took the lead. P3 had a pen, too, so I was up by almost four seconds. P2 in the Genesis definitely had pace on me, and as if that wasn't bad enough I threw away my 3,X second lead by going a bit wide on the left after the back straight; only two wheels off but it was enough. The Lambo's tires fell off quicker than I was expecting and a few 1.5s pens later I was in P3.

1262736a073c46c9ce40db5f586d28ca_photo.webp

Race 2: Ford GT 18

This one went even worse than the last one. Qualified P4 and all was good until the final turn out of the infield. Car got loose on me (which was odd as I didn't feel like I did anything different/wrong), just enough to go wide enough to touch the grass and graze the Falken barrier... 1.5s pen. So I went from 4th to like 9th on lap one.

Damage control from there. Yadda yadda yadda pit on lap 13 for RH tires, went a pixle wide on exit and 3.0s pen. FFS! Lost a place due to that, finished P7 I think. I don't even remember; it was a forgettable race.

71bdb615aae8bcc71d5cc97a39f6ec4e_photo.webp

d301343eeb9d670cd2df173c4612bffe_photo.webp

Race 3: Mustang

Love the Mustang around here. It's too bad it's not competitive, but it drives really well. My quali lap was the best of the three races at an 2:03.3. So yea, not great but whatever. The MR cars' rotation can either really help or really hurt; the FR is just stable. The Mustang didn't do too well on the infield, but it does accelerate out of turns like a rocket which makes it difficult for others to pass.

This race was an anomaly: no wall pens and no pit lane pens.

e5f8e7f1fa8c576e59e04bf2b09152cd_photo.webp

e3e39554b248ad410d28ddda1d7fb22c_photo.webp

c5661da1d8dd4ecd84e1969f8199a736_photo.webp

Three races around Bathurst is three too many. Can we have the Nord back please?!

Last edited:
First slot today.
Came into this one wearing door 2 so I felt the pressure instantly. Qualified 1.5 seconds off what I was running just in FP and knew it would be an uphill battle.
Landed Q12 with a fast buddy of mine in Q13 running the m6 with no time so I was ready to lose a spot before we even started 😂

Pole was 2:00 flat so he was was pretty fast for this 228 point lobby🫣
Yes he won by more than 20 seconds 🤷🏻‍♂️

Start was much better than expected and moved up to p6 due to chaos down the first straight.
Did 2 laps and ducked in for RM’s while losing a few spots.

Had to let my m6 buddy through 2x since after his first passage he gained a penalty and I got by but 2 laps later I was settled into p10 after giving him his second passage because I knew he had much better pace.

I continued to pick away and worked up to p6 finish while my friend took podium in p3 for a rewarding finish that I wasn’t sure was going to come together for me.
My high points for this series at 180 so very pleased and 1 and done today 😁

IMG_6395.jpeg
IMG_6397.jpeg
IMG_6398.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6398.jpeg
    IMG_6398.jpeg
    169.6 KB · Views: 9
Today's race was eventful yet, not?

GT1 slot 1, Qualified an underwhelming but expected P9 in the RCZ, so I elected to run a 2H/12M and run the clean air early. Got past a couple cars early that made mistakes, on my in lap I get (not so) gently shoved out of the way at Forrest's Elbow by an impatient BMW on Mediums :banghead:. After the pit on lap 2 the focus was just on keeping the nose clean which I managed for the most part, only catching a single 1.5s for a really light wall graze.

It was rather uneventful until the last lap, I was fully expecting to come home a modest 8th, but I noticed in the distance on Conrod that the car ahead has a penalty! The mighty Pug Power reeled in to my pleasure the same BMW from lap 2, just getting by at the kink! 😎

P7 for a decent run in the RCZ!! I think I may explore a different manufacturer next season though, just not enough power. Lol

Not bad!
I had a reasonable qualy, started in 5th and… finished in 5th! I took slight damage when a Supra made a somewhat clumsy maneuver. Without that, I think I could have finished 4th.
278 points, though…I can't complain. It's unlikely I'll be able to do the last round, so I think this is wthere we end this first season with Porsche!

18ce17bae9113-screenshotUrl~2.jpg
18ce17bae9189-screenshotUrl~2.jpg
18ce17bae9140-screenshotUrl~2.jpg

Last edited:
GT1(200 points) Man that mountain had me stressed!😭 I qualified 12th… getting caught up in a mess coming down the mountain. The race went great and I was super clean beside one incident… P1 crashed earlier and was behind me.. he was faster than me so I was going to let him pass on the long straight. Before we could get down the mountain he hit the back of my car spinning me out, I did manage to catch a quick recovery but still… I lost 5 seconds. The incident forced me to pit lap three which was cool because I had the hards on in the beginning stint. If he doesn’t hit me I would have got an easy P5 for I was behind them on the last lap but couldn’t pass. Still got P7 in my Ferrari which was a handful to get through the mountain. I had great fun and it’s awesome to read you guys stories also… keep em coming!

IMG_7381.jpeg

now, that's the stuff! Second race, wearing door 11. Missed a second hot lap by one second, but the one landed me Q6 (with a nearly same lap as my first race).

Still, I started on hards expecting it to be a procession through lap 1 and crossing fingers for no damage. Which is what happened; pit for meds in P6. Come out, I'm still at P9. The eventual 1&2 pass me by in those early laps and I just tootle along during the mid race in P9.

Pit cycles come around and I jump to 7, then 6. Nearly had an incdient turning up the hill on the last lap but we both survived. And then someone serves a 3sec pen and I bring it home for P5. No damage, CRB and P5. That'll do.

Wasn’t expecting much out of this; I normally can’t handle this track. But my endless laps of practice last night paid off.

2nd Americas GT1 slot, 15 car lobby and I’ve got door number… 15. Just like last time, nowhere to go but up. 168 points up for grabs.

Smooth qualifying, low 2:03, good for third. Nothing really to report there.

Start on RM, going for 13M/1H. Immediately on the tail of the Supra in front of me. Coming down the back straight in the tow but not able to make a move, brake a little late into the “chicane” and run through the grass. Luckily as I rejoin almost everyone who just passed me pits so I’m in 5th, clear in front, a Mazda on my bumper. I get a clean run over the mountain on lap 2 and he spins out at the top, so I’m on my own.

Pretty much just cruise around taking advantage of a couple mistakes along the way for the rest of the race. Run high 2:04 to low 2:05 the whole time with a lonely 2:06 in there from a slight error. Two dudes knock each other around on lap 5 and I move up to 3rd, 8 seconds back. Keep cruising until 2nd place wrecks in the dipper and I take his spot. Keep cruising until I pit, drop to 4th and bring it home for my first GT1 top 5.

Somehow managed zero wall contact along the way too. I usually have so much trouble with this track I almost skipped this round, glad I didn’t 🙂

America’s Slots: GT1; bottom feeder A+ lobbies

Slot 1:

Got stuck at the black loading g screen. Afterwards I made a Target run for the wife, changed a front tire on my dirtbike for my race tomorrow, and had a beer while I waited for slot 2.

Slot 2:

Landed in a slot with @D_Dragline. Q’d ok for myself and the Ferrari, something like 9th. Moved into 8th by the top of the mountain but it shortly after came undone. Here’s the events leading up to my last place finish.

IMG_4033.jpeg

The McLaren spinning out in front of us was the first domino to fall.

IMG_4034.jpeg

The corvette took avoiding action, spun, plowed into a wall - bouncing off and collecting the McLaren behind him, and the Ferrari with the yellow lights (me) with him. Result was major damage and race essentially over.

Slot 3:

Paired with @D_Dragline and the rest of the A+ bottom feeders again. Totally botched qualifying and landed second to last. Had a clean race and eventually ate myself up to 9th, but out of the money nonetheless. Lonely, but a fun and challenging race.

IMG_4035.jpeg

Chasing D_tagline down the mountain on lap 1.

IMG_4032.jpeg

Finished a very distant 9th for a few points and a slight DR drop. Wished this race was 30 minutes longer

Last edited:
Had a good quali in first race and got 9th in a top GT3 lobby. Got blasted on the first lap straight in the middle of all the unghosted people swerving. Proceeded to drive terribly while angry. Finished P12. Needed 10th or better to improve.

Second race had a mediocre banker lap, had a great flying lap going and someone ghosted on the straight and got in front of me and blocked me slightly to the last turn with a conscious effort to stay in front of me even though their lap was already dead, then braked like 50m early and ruined my lap. Qualified 12th. Need 9th or better to improve so basically another top lobby.

Was just sitting in like 11th at one point and the only person within miles of me decides to pit me on the long straight while i was in the middle of the track not moving at all. Got passed into 13th, which was the last place on the track at that point after rage quits. At this point i'm thinking about taking a break from GT7.

I did 3RH 11RM, so i was hoping for some tire strategy/last lap magic and got it. I was 9th entering lap 13 and 8th entering lap 14. Climbed back to 6th on grid, 4th by penalty when I was hoping for at least a top 8 so I dont drop back to DR C. Finished +8 positions with a clean race on Bathurst in a top lobby for my league.

Unfortunately didn't have my mic on because i was legitimately pissed after the first race, but will definitely put up videos later.

e: here's the "racing incident". like, why?

I disagree, you weren't Pit manouvered, I'd say you squeezed someone making a legit pass aginst the edge of the track. It's clear all he's trying to do is make a clean pass through the border line car width gap you left on the right. To avoid that sort of issue when someones got a run on me I pick a side and stick to it.

Does anyone know what the real life rules, or etiquite, are for blocking on the straights at Bathurst? As the tracks so narrow I'd imagine there must be some rule to stop people hogging the middle of the track and squeezing anyone who trys to get past.

Once again went in with minimal practice, managed a clean lap to put me 8th. Started on hards and was surprisingly the lead runner on that strategy. Had loads of clean air and managed to stay out of trouble and when all the pitstops were done I was somehow in 3rd and that's where I brought it home. A result much better than I was expecting.

America’s Slots: GT1; bottom feeder A+ lobbies

Slot 1:

Got stuck at the black loading g screen. Afterwards I made a Target run for the wife, changed a front tire on my dirtbike for my race tomorrow, and had a beer while I waited for slot 2.

Slot 2:

Landed in a slot with @D_Dragline. Q’d ok for myself and the Ferrari, something like 9th. Moved into 8th by the top of the mountain but it shortly after came undone. Here’s the events leading up to my last place finish.

View attachment 1317275

The McLaren spinning out in front of us was the first domino to fall.

View attachment 1317276

The corvette took avoiding action, spun, plowed into a wall - bouncing off and collecting the McLaren behind him, and the Ferrari with the yellow lights (me) with him. Result was major damage and race essentially over.

Slot 3:

Paired with @D_Dragline and the rest of the A+ bottom feeders again. Totally botched qualifying and landed second to last. Had a clean race and eventually ate myself up to 9th, but out of the money nonetheless. Lonely, but a fun and challenging race.

View attachment 1317277

Chasing D_tagline down the mountain on lap 1.

View attachment 1317278

Finished a very distant 9th for a few points and a slight DR drop. Wished this race was 30 minutes longer
Thanks for not posting photos of me facing the wall in both of those races. Two rounds of self-inflicted pain for me on the alt. At least I recovered better in the second one.

The Jag is so different to last time I used it in a GTWS. I was a second and a half slower per lap than the McLaren, and the 650s wasn’t great.

I disagree, you weren't Pit manouvered, I'd say you squeezed someone making a legit pass aginst the edge of the track. It's clear all he's trying to do is make a clean pass through the border line car width gap you left on the right. To avoid that sort of issue when someones got a run on me I pick a side and stick to it.

Does anyone know what the real life rules, or etiquite, are for blocking on the straights at Bathurst? As the tracks so narrow I'd imagine there must be some rule to stop people hogging the middle of the track and squeezing anyone who trys to get past.
You leave space for the faster car. It’s not a rule, but no-one blocks because there have been several fatalities at the end of Conrod.

Last edited by a moderator:

I wrote the description before watching and posting the video.

The attached screenshot is the narrowest the space I left was. The guy fully pulled aside of me and applied left steering input and hit me intentionally. That’s what he did, at the time from VR POV it felt like a pit. It was worse than that.

I left the space, he took it in the least clean way possible, I was literally centered on the track with centered steering input and never even got to apply right input to turn. He didn’t even give me the chance to go two wide. He chose his side to pass and did it dirty before I could react.

Even considering i left the space it’s his responsibility not to blast me off the track when he was clearly given space by me. This isn’t the Nurburgring where I have to signal and pull off.

What are you talking about? You can even see he punted me BEFORE the turn so he could have a clean shot at it.

Attachments

• IMG_1575.png
    IMG_1575.png
    218.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I am confused by the point allocation I received for race 3, P2 is only worth 60 points? And why is it greyed out?

Attachments

• IMG_0116.jpeg
    IMG_0116.jpeg
    152.1 KB · Views: 10
I wrote the description before watching and posting the video.

The attached screenshot is the narrowest the space I left was. The guy fully pulled aside of me and applied left steering input and hit me intentionally. That’s what he did, at the time from VR POV it felt like a pit. It was worse than that.

I left the space, he took it in the least clean way possible, I was literally centered on the track with centered steering input and never even got to apply right input to turn. He didn’t even give me the chance to go two wide. He chose his side to pass and did it dirty before I could react.

Even considering i left the space it’s his responsibility not to blast me off the track when he was clearly given space by me. This isn’t the Nurburgring where I have to signal and pull off.

What are you talking about? You can even see he punted me BEFORE the turn so he could have a clean shot at it.
I'm in agreeance with you. Even if you hadn't left room, he still hit you when he had plenty of opportunity to not do that. He had more room to the left of you and could have gone for the pass that way.

That's about right for a low-B lobby, at around a 12,000 DR average.

View attachment 1317363

Only your best two finishes are counted... for now.

1) to support these numbers, my race was a low B gt3 lobby and I got 54 points for P4 so all of this lines up numerically

2) that “for now” seems ominous, I hope there aren’t plans to have the best race count instead of the last race.

I'm in agreeance with you. Even if you hadn't left room, he still hit you when he had plenty of opportunity to not do that. He had more room to the left of you and could have gone for the pass that way.
If someone blocks then you wait for the next opportunity. Now, should a driver continuesly block and/or move under braking (illegal manouvres) then I can understatement that one would concider to use some force after some time. In this case it seems to me that the agression starts almost immideately, never giving @SupaflyIRL any chance. For me too this was not a racing incident.

(But always enjoying these discussions though....)

Last edited:
2) that “for now” seems ominous, I hope there aren’t plans to have the best race count instead of the last race.
I... don't follow.

It's always been the case that only your best "x" rounds - varying depending on how many rounds there are and PD's whim - count towards your season total. As the season progresses the number of currently counted rounds increases proportionally to that.

If, for example, it was a ten-race season and your best four finishes counted, you'd only see your best one round after one and two races, your best two after three, four, five, and six races, your best three after seven and eight races, and your best four after nine and ten races. Any currently non-counted round is greyed out - until/unless it's counted due to poorer finishes later in the season.

I've just checked on this season and it seems that only your best two will count at the end of it, so any other finishes aside from your best two won't count and will be shown greyed out.

20969982002482372.jpg

Kitted myself out with a new livery inspired by the GTWS ones. The look worked well with the setting sun over panoramic views. I was given the #1 badge in a DR.A lobby (What?!) and alas, did not do it much justice. I qualified fifth with a so-so lap and we were off.

On the very first corner, I pipped a slow McLaren only to race up to the mountain, go wide, and slot into 6th. By the time we were back on the main straight, I had made my way up to fourth as two of the McLarens got penalties. Over the course of the race I was able to purple sector 1 thanks to the legs on this car, but over the mountain the MRs and RRs had the advantage.

18ce4424af813-screenshotUrl (1).jpg

From then on I was in fourth with Mclaren's breathing down my neck for the next 11 laps - especially the orange one in the picture here. They were able to close in tight down the dipper but the Mazda had the legs on them to pull away on the straights. They must have had a frustrating race being up my backside for most of it. Around the 13-minute mark, I had out-braked myself and gone wide before the Armour All bridge. However, the orange McLaren had a penalty this same lap so we eventually assumed position and the chase was back on. Watching the replay as I type this, I have no idea how they drove an MR beasty so quickly down the mountain. Their car control was much braver than mine. I used my indicators many laps to show I'd stay left if they went for the pass, but they just couldn't. I had to admit to some good defensive driving at the bottom of the straights, myself.

18ce4426fb123-screenshotUrl.jpg

All of this battling meant that the 3rd-place Porsche driver was able to gap us by half a second per lap. What could have been a chase on my end, ended up being the largest defensive drive I have ever had in a GTWS. At the 18:40 minute, the orange Mclaren spun on the dipper and I was free to run. However, the Porsche found its legs as my worn tyres faded out.

I pitted on the last lap so I'd have one lap on RH. However, only to get passed by a driver who pitted at the end of lap one - another Porsche! They had pitted early and had many laps to up the pace and gain back some time. This meant I slotted back to where I started. A solid 5th place finish and 147 points to go with it. I didn't do #1 justice, but I did have a race with no red penalties from wall bumping. I consider that quite a success :).

Fun to continually pair with @icycls for these races! I am glad you had a second race that faired better for you :). Nice work!

Last edited:
If someone blocks then you wait for the next opportunity. Now, should a driver continuesly block and/or move under braking (illegal manouvres) then I can understatement that one would concider to use some force after some time. In this case it seems to me that the agression starts almost immideately, never giving @SupaflyIRL any chance. For me too this was not a racing incident.

(But always enjoying these discussions though....)
The other driver should have at least been issued a penalty, I'm really curious how PD detects such occurrences between two cars. I believe in the GTWS live event they give penalties to drivers who hit someone and causes them to go off track/crash.
I... don't follow.

It's always been the case that only your best "x" rounds - varying depending on how many rounds there are and PD's whim - count towards your season total. As the season progresses the number of currently counted rounds increases proportionally to that.

If, for example, it was a ten-race season and your best four finishes counted, you'd only see your best one round after one and two races, your best two after three, four, five, and six races, your best three after seven and eight races, and your best four after nine and ten races. Any currently non-counted round is greyed out - until/unless it's counted due to poorer finishes later in the season.

I've just checked on this season and it seems that only your best two will count at the end of it, so any other finishes aside from your best two won't count and will be shown greyed out.
I always remember it looks very funky until the final round of these short seasons. This season after round 2, it counted both rounds. But now after round 3 it dropped the lowest of the 3 rounds. If 3 rounds were counted, I don't know why they'd bother dropping a score from this point, but that's what I remember from the exhibition season at the end of 2023.

The article says best 3 rounds are counted, so that's what I based my information from. I'm not sure if the Gran Turismo website has updated that information to show otherwise, I can't access the page from my work computer.

The other driver should have at least been issued a penalty, I'm really curious how PD detects such occurrences between two cars. I believe in the GTWS live event they give penalties to drivers who hit someone and causes them to go off track/crash.

I always remember it looks very funky until the final round of these short seasons. This season after round 2, it counted both rounds. But now after round 3 it dropped the lowest of the 3 rounds. If 3 rounds were counted, I don't know why they'd bother dropping a score from this point, but that's what I remember from the exhibition season at the end of 2023.

The article says best 3 rounds are counted, so that's what I based my information from. I'm not sure if the Gran Turismo website has updated that information to show otherwise, I can't access the page from my work computer.
It's just weird cause my other 2 races were like P5 and P7 finishes but I was awarded a similar amount, I would expect P2 to have more points? Oh well, fuzzy math I suppose.

It's just weird cause my other 2 races were like P5 and P7 finishes but I was awarded a similar amount, I would expect P2 to have more points? Oh well, fuzzy math I suppose.
No, it's directly proportional to the average DR of the lobby at its formation; the problem is you don't know what that number actually is! :lol:

For a very rough rule of thumb, the win is worth about 0.5% of the average (mean) DR score and each position after that is worth about 5% less than that.

In an all-A+ lobby where everyone has 100,000 DR would be ~500pt for the win (I've never seen a 500pt result, but I've seen some in the 480s), falling to 475 for second, 450 for third, and so on.

At B you could be in a lobby where the average is near to 30,000 DR or to just 10,000 DR. That could result in a win being worth anywhere from 50pt to 150pt.

If the average is around 12,500pt, a win would be ~63pt and second ~60pt. If the average is around 15,000pt, a win would be ~75pt and 6th would be ~60pt. That is, as you can see, entirely consistent with the results you note, and I would surmise that your own DR is B and the bar is between 15-20% full.

Bear in mind that these are very rough numbers but they're close enough for demonstration purposes. There's also a points table you can see before the race starts - the symbol looks like a US Marshals badge.

Last edited:
View attachment 1317368

Fun to continually pair with @icycls for these races! I am glad you had a second race that faired better for you :). Nice work!
yeah, sorry, I meant to congratulate both you and @Revengel in that lobby but relflectively hit 'exit' too soon. Well Done! Gtp members were well represented in that lobby (well, at least two out of the three!)

see you on Wednesday perhaps!

yeah, sorry, I meant to congratulate both you and @Revengel in that lobby but relflectively hit 'exit' too soon. Well Done! Gtp members were well represented in that lobby (well, at least two out of the three!)

see you on Wednesday perhaps!
I tried to shoot you a friend request on Saturday, btw. Blocked by privacy settings! I won't take offense if that's you're preference!

Curious to see if we get paired again Wednesday, yes. I'm really surprised that I was numbered #1, especially when the first two drivers outpaced me by about 20seconds.

Please don’t tell PD have given us weather for the final race in Manus and then they go and script the weather to start after the race has finished?
Just done some laps today for Gardens to find a setup, and see what the weather did. Found out they are no setups so make a bit easier, but the Gr4 Supra feels very understeery for me, and the weather doesn’t come….?

My times were awful as I was watching football at the same time, but this is the end of lap 14 and that big band of weather is a few miles away. Not sure if the weather will move faster in the race but I can comfortably do the 14 laps before rain.IMG_2927.jpeg

Last edited:
I just did some practice on D.T. as well. The radar turned a bit green by the time I made it to about lap 5, although it never actually started to rain. I can't recall ever playing D.T.G. in the wet before. So much so that I forgot that this was a track that even had rain weather as an option. I'm using Toyota this season and interstingly I went a good several tenths faster using the FT-1 VGT rather than the Supra. Not sure if that is car or driver related though 😂

I'll bet D.T. Seaside would be a real hoot in the wet as though the death chicane isn't bad enough in the dry :D

Last edited:
Back