Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 12,084 comments
First slot NA GT1 because of ice storm had me wfh today šŸ˜ so didnā€™t need to rely on the final slot due to work.

Qualified well for my standards less than .5 off FP time. Good for q5 on a false start grid. Didnā€™t get the memo and jumped for a terrible start.

Watching carnage unfold it was just as well. Fell to p14 and went to work from there. By lap 3 I finally started making some passes. Kept out of trouble and kept capitalizing on people over driving the car. My tires were in great shape due to all of the coasting on early laps.
Up to p4 by the end of lap 15 when I pitted. Had a friend on my tail who I had passed a lap earlier and instead of watching the pit line I only focused on my brakes so I didnā€™t over crash into the pit.
One more knock against me gained a 3 seconds penalty šŸ™„

Lap 16 I got passed by my comrade at the chicane and brought home p4 after a great race that I thought was lost.
Surprised that I had so much fun and didnā€™t get bored. Wasnā€™t thinking of trying last to first but this is as close as I can muster šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Shots from lap 16 and the car in the distance didnā€™t change to IM šŸ«£

IMG_6441.jpeg
IMG_6440.jpeg
IMG_6442.jpeg

IMG_6443.jpeg

Last edited:
I managed to set an FP time less than 1s off the #1 time in the world, but apparently that was more due to how close the times all tend to be at Fuji, rather than some sudden alien pace by me, because I was somewhere between 400th and 500th in the world. Anyway, I knew I always have great race pace at Fuji, and in fact it's one of my best tracks in terms of race performance, even though I don't really like driving it; but I have a habit of botching qualifying and having to drive through the field. I was hoping to be able to avoid screwing up qualifying for a change...

Slot 1: I l loaded into 2nd Split, much to my relief, as I figured I'd be stuck in Top Split as usual in Nation's. Still, that meant I'd probably be in Top Split in the next slot if I didn't make the most of this one... First mission accomplished, as I put the car 4th on the grid, a few hundredths from 3rd. I honestly could've had 3rd on the grid, but I messed up the final sector a bit. All 16 of us behaved ourselves at the start, and everyone made it through T1 with no damage, although I lost a spot to someone who drove around the outside of me because I was slightly too timid on the brakes. I wasn't concerned though, because I made it through T1 unscathed and was still in 5th, which was still good enough to get my minimum goal of 250 points. Any lower and I'd be under 250 points, so I was intent on keeping at least 5th on the track. After a few laps, 1st was running away from the rest of us, and I was gradually losing touch with 4th place, while I was clearly holding up 6th. I defended a couple times into T1 by sitting in the middle of the track, showing I wasn't intent on just giving up the spot, but if he wanted to be aggressive and really go for it on the inside, I wasn't going to fight it. 6th elected to just stay on the racing line and I kept the spot. All the while I was saving tires, mainly by limiting my steering angle in the long 180-degree corner, and avoiding getting on the power until I almost had the wheel straight, so I didn't induce any additional understeer when accelerating. All of this made me slightly slower than everyone around me, but I was hoping playing the long game would work.

By Lap 6 my methods were starting to show results, as the gap to the leader was starting to decrease from its peak of over 5s. At the same time, I rapidly caught 4th and passed him without a fight into T1 on Lap 7. I was now easily gaining on those still in front of me, and even more easily dropping everyone behind me. By Lap 9 I'd caught up to 3rd, but couldn't find an opportunity to get by on that lap. On Lap 10 I was close enough to go for a move, but he didn't want to go without a fight and he defended into T1. I tried to do a cutback but he had too much momentum and held the spot. I then tried the same thing at T2, but again he had too much momentum on exit. By the end of Lap 10, our fighting allowed 5th to catch us, and I ended up being too close to 3rd at the exit of the final corner, preventing me from getting on the throttle earlier and killing my exit. Even though I was still in the slipstream of 3rd, 5th was even closer to my slipstream and rapidly gained on me. I thought about defending into T1, but something told me not to. Sure enough, 5th gave me a bump-draft instead of trying to pass me, allowing me to close the gap to 3rd, but still requiring me to send it from a rather long way back. I licked the stamp and hit the apex, but understeered a bit and made slight contact. It was still rather clean by touring car standards though :lol:. The contact didn't really alter his course, and we both stayed on track. Now on the podium, I set about running down the leaders. The polesitter, who had led the entire race up to this point, eventually lost the lead to the guy who actually started P5 and passed me around the outside at T1, and on Lap 14 I snagged P2 at the chicane when he out-braked himself. Now all that was left was P1...I'd been slowly gaining on him as well, but not as rapidly as the others, and I only had 1 more lap to do it.

By the end of Lap 15 I was still about 2s behind 1st, so I figured I'd have to settle for P2 after the pit stops. I pitted, and so did most of the rest of the field, but the leader and a couple others stayed out. Of course the rain came, and the leader lost a ton of time in the final corner as a result, so when he pitted, I took the lead with a 3s margin to start the final lap, and won by 2.6s for 301 points! This was my first 300-point result since 2022, and the first time this year I haven't massively screwed up Slot 1!

Gran TurismoĀ® 7_20240117184406.jpg

Gran TurismoĀ® 7_20240117184436.jpg

Gran TurismoĀ® 7_20240117184456.jpg

Last edited:
GT2 B/S lobby.
Attempt #1
Q4, 1:47s , race starts, about to take the first corner from the inside line, have to slow down to give room to the 2 cars on left side, 3 car wide cornering... I get punt, hit the car In front. Slide off the road. 4 sec. Penality, now P16.
Stop at the pit while serving the penality, might as well while slowing down. I end up changing my 1 lap old RH tire with brand new ones by mistake. Get back into the race to finish 9th with 81 pts.

Everything went wrong, can t leave it like that...
I Cool down and try again 3 hours later,

Attempt #2,
Q2 with 1:47s and finish P2, 107 pts, in a clean race with 4 sec behind 1st. 3 sec in front 3rd. I Was closing the gap at some point but made mistake.

Survive T1, all it takes.

That was a really fun GT1 A/S race. I must have taken a huge DR hit from my first and only ever rage quit (since GT Sport day 1) the last round because it was a 150-point lobby instead of the 215+ I have been used to.

Qualified fifth and second through sixth were only separated by a couple of tenths.

In the race the leader pulled away but I had an amazing race in the 2nd-6th pack all of the first ten laps. Trading paint and positions but nothing dirty and no damage. Even a few three-wide moments!

People's tires must have started to fall off since I found myself consolidated in fourth and gaining on 2nd and 3rd approaching lap 15, when I pit for inters. Everyone else had pitted on lap 14. 2nd and 3rd flew off the track on lap 16 and I came home second , seven seconds behind the leader. But only 156 points, though.

Thanks to GTP I knew the ideal strategy. Thanks, everyone!

Last edited:
As posted earlier, only did 5 laps pre race practice as hated the car/track combination. Despite two trouble free laps still qualified last 0.5s away from 15th. Unfortunately no one screwed up in the race enough to finish behind me, so also finished a thorougly deserved DFL.

Roll on Interlagos, I've found just the livery I wanted for this race, will knuckle down to some practice for this one tonight.

AutĆ³dromo de Interlagos_.jpeg

I think your just looking at it from a negative perspectiveā€¦ If your racing and your keeping a clean line, and consistent pace, but your opponent who is faster than you crashesā€¦ with weak damage they will eventually catch you. It has happened to me numerous times! I also took 3rd at the Nur24 ManuCup because the 3rd place GTR which had me by 6seconds crashed pretty bad and suffered damaged as he should. I caught him right before the long straightā€¦ If light damage was on I would have never caught him. His car would of regained from the damage and he would of took off.

I can understand peoples frustration.. Iā€™ve been hit in few times and yea it stinks but itā€™s racing!

We as GT1 drivers should be able to do this and if GT wants to be taken serious such as ACC and your Iracing etcā€¦ the way they handle it, while not perfect I like it. I mean as a GT1 driver driving Bathurst full speed knowing at anytime your race/opponent's race can be over in a split second is exhilarating! I watch a lot of ACC and Iracing and what they have to deal with is way harder than us itā€™s not even close.

I think our experiences are different... In higher splits it is uncommon that someone crashes into a wall by themselves. Most of the time I see damage happening from pretty minor incidents as a result of lag or the pinball collision physics that exist in this game - this is not a real-world problem.

In the case that damage does happen from a careless or deliberate crash, in actual racing (or in GT league racing and live events, or in most broadcasted ACC or iRacing events) this would warrant an investigation and penalties accordingly. But in GTWS online races and sport mode races, there are no stewards nor a protest system. So the effectively race-ending damage just ends up frustrating everyone.
I just appreciate GT giving me the opportunity in live competition to experience these somewhat high stakes events you see in other hardcore sims, and Motorsports.
Slightly off-topic, but if you are looking for an event similar to what you see on iRacing or ACC, why not join a league in ACC or iRacing? By themselves, neither GT/ACC/iRacing offer absolutely everything that the others do in terms of a user experience and that's perfectly fine.

Last edited:
Well I also had a poor race here, I was expecting better based on my practice pace but there was the usual quali lap overtake and then lap one damage caused by others getting all excited...

Starting 15th with door 15, someone in the pre-race lobby said they didn't have inters or wets, amusing at the time but they finished ahead of me! In fact half the cars ahead didn't use rain tyres including the winner.

Carnage after turn one meant my right front was dodgy and this made turning left in the twisty section tough so I went straight in to repair damage and took on new hards. Pace was now pretty good and other drivers started pitting around 7-8, eventually lifting me up to the top ten.

IMG_8158.JPG

Lap 14 my hards were destroyed and was caught by a pack of cars so jumped on the inters a lap early, however my path to the pitlane was blocked and I got a 3 sec penalty.

Now was the fun part as I got to chase down runners sliding about in the wet, managed to get back into 10th for the finish. It could have been 8th but for the penalty, possibly 2nd without the extra pitstop. Bah.

Last edited:
2023/4 GTWS Exhibition Season 2 ā€“ Nationsā€™ Cup R2 ā€“ Fuji Speedway (Long Circuit)

GT2 League - B / S Lobby ā€“ 129pts to winner

And now for something completely differentā€¦.

I commented in my Nationsā€™ R1 report that the super-fast, rev-happy, tail-happy X2019 at the naturally flowing (apart from that last chicane) Spa track didnā€™t really do me any favours against those around me, so how would I fare driving a torquey FWD diesel Gr4 touring car at a track that, apart from Turns 2 & 3 perhaps, is totally devoid of flow?

The Car / track combo wasnā€™t the best to drive, but perhaps that was the point ā€“ Itā€™s not a car I would have chosen for a Gr4 daily round here, the last section was just purgatory, endlessly hunting for apexes that all seem to be on the crests of hills making it very easy to miss them and fall down the hill towards the outside, and then having to waitā€¦ waitā€¦ waitā€¦ and only throttle up once the car was in a straight line. There were ways round this by taking a deep wide line in and squaring off the turns, but that would leave me open to those behind on race day.

Normally I quite like driving FWD Gr4 cars, last time we had a combo in Nationsā€™ using one ā€“ Scirocco at Dragon Trail Seaside in the summer ā€“ I quite liked the way it drove, cooking of front tyres aside. This car wasnā€™t like that. Still, any excuse to get some 1990s BTCC immersion into play, so obviously I went with the rhubarb-and-custard livery from the ā€™93 Mazda BTCC entry, made famous by Patrick Watts.

I just couldnā€™t get the hang of this car in TT, I could do 1:48 consistently but then hit a wall. Following a ghost I got it down to 1:47.6 and could just creep in to the 1:47s when unguided. Lobby races were OK but it was clear Iā€™d struggle to be up the sharp end against B/S opposition. Race-length runs in Custom Race showed very little difference in race time whether you took tyres (and spent an extra 3s or so in the pits) or just stopped and went (and were then a bit slower for the last few laps).

In the end, I decided not to take tyres as I felt that any advantage of fresh rubber would be negated by loss of track position. I also thought leaving your pit stop open until the last minute would be advantageous in another way ā€“ last week I watched a SuperGT video about the Daytona daily race where it was pointed out that, with the penalty line being right before pit entry, if you copped a pen you could pit that lap and minimise the effect of the pen. Fuji is exactly the same, so I decided to not take tyres and only pit when either a) I copped a penalty, b) I was behind someone who was holding me up (unlikely with my speed around here) or c) it was lap 9, whichever happened first!

I was in the position to enter EMEA slot 1, so I did ā€“ by this stage I was thinking I may as well capitalise if others fail to read the rules and donā€™t pit, it would be one of the few ways I could gain some placesā€¦.

129 point lobby, a little less than on Saturday despite the ā€œDR upā€ I got from that race, so I was expecting to be a low door number, and indeed I got the #2 stuck over the #66 that this livery should have. Would I be able to qualify higher against opposition with slightly lower DRs? Erā€¦ no, no I wouldnā€™t. I did a 1:48.0 which was only good enough for Q11 ā€“ and it wasnā€™t like I was far down due to duffing my Q laps or being held up, even my very best ghost-guided lap in TT would have only been Q7 on this grid. By this stage my goals for the day (about 110 points and DR up) were looking distant, Iā€™d have settled for P8 (about 92 points and a marginal rise in DR) if it had been offered before the start. The only consolation was that I had out-qualified door #1 who was on the back rowā€¦

Ceremonial start and grid flythrough over, weā€™re all lined up on the starting grid. Yes, the actual starting grid, not a dummy grid back near the final turn, standing start this time, just to see who can tame FWD wheelspin the best. Iā€™d notched TCS to 1 following advice on here and it had helped in TT, would it help here?

Once more, GT2 was simply released at ā€œGOā€ rather than having a False Start Check, so we were all away together, but having that bit of TCS seems to help me off the line and I dart between the two cars in the row ahead. Someone behind has an even better start (perhaps they were on TCS 2?), and I am P9 with them on my inside as I brake tentatively and a little early for T1. Ahead, someone gets sideways ā€“ either through being hit or by hooking the kerb ā€“ a few cars go wide as a result but I go through just a split second after the chaos and go from P9 into the turn to P5 out of it! Well, thatā€™s one way to make up for a poor show in qualifying.

The polesitter is right behind me and retakes a place going into the tight chicane but two cars ahead are carrying large penalties and take their stops on lap 1 so P6 becomes P4. Iā€™m under pressure from a gaggle of cars behind that qualified ahead but fell behind at T1, one car makes their way through this pack and drafts me down the main straight going into Lap 4, I donā€™t challenge for the place at T1 thinking that if I can follow in their wheel-tracks we can escape a bit from the cars behind, This works until Lap 6, where they pit along with another car ahead making me P3 on the road. (I assumed that pitting in the middle of the race meant they would take tyres, watching the replay afterwards showed they didnā€™t).

The car behind me ā€“ who has been there since Lap 1 apart from when the car above worked their way through the field ā€“ reduces the gap from 2s at this point to 0.9s at the end of Lap 9, where we both finally take our stops ā€“ er, well, I stop but they carry on ā€“ surely they canā€™t have pitted already? I emerge back onto the track in P7, but am confident Iā€™ll get one place back at the chequered flag ā€“ and that becomes 2 as my close follower and one other driver have to spend sixty seconds on PDā€™s naughty step for not visiting pit lane, I didnā€™t really gain these places as those cars were running behind me anyway but it was nice not to have any pressure from behind on the last lap on 75% worn front tyres (the rears were unblemished ā€“ I might take those back to Kwik-Fit, see if I can get my money back).

P5, another one in the ā€œtop 5ā€ column, the CRB and a noticeable DR boost despite not matching or beating my door ranking for the first time in a scoring run in what seems like ages ā€“ I wonder if DR boosts a bit more with a clean race? The 107pts is a bit less than Iā€™ve been scoring of late, but given my struggles with pace Iā€™ll take it and declare a one-and-done in slot 1, it could easily be me caught up in T1 chaos next time, or perhaps there wouldnā€™t be any chaos and Iā€™d be low down the field throughout the race. No, Iā€™ve had my dollop of luck, take the points and run ā€“ and when the results were published that evening most of the people around me in UK GT2 had scored similar to me so not the hit that I was expecting ā€“ indeed, I moved into the top 20 in UK GT2 and the top 100 in EMEA GT2.

That hit might come on Saturday instead, as I canā€™t do the Super Formulas (Super Formulae?) at Interlagos. I love the Brazilian track to drive on, and I kinda-like the SFs to drive ā€“ prefer them to the X2019s anyway, so Iā€™m sad to be missing it ā€“ having said that, last time I did a daily there I couldnā€™t qualify well to save my life and a lot of peopleā€™s passing approach into the slow turns was ā€œpunt first, ask questions laterā€ so it is as much a bullet dodged as an opportunity missed. Would I be doing it if I had the chance? Of course I would.

So Iā€™ll be on track again for the Mystery Round ā€“ just please donā€™t make it another bump-draft masterclass like last time.

I wanted to get over yesterdays races pretty early to have more time for the finish of Trial Mountain TT, but bad luck stroke.
First two slots around noon in EMEA I got disconnected from pretty early, qualifying didn't even start (data loss error and unknown error).
Had to sacrifice my afternoon/evening free time to get this race done.

GT3, C/S lobby, 36 points for the win
Decided to exit pits for qualifying as early as possible. There was one driver immediately ahead then some gap in front (don't know how those in front exited that early, I was mashing gas button and it wouldn't let me go). Pushed hard on the out lap and managed to overtake the car in front. With some clean air I managed to get a moderately good laptime (47.9) which was good enough for pole (P2 was just a tenth down).
Got a decent start, escaped most of the chaos behind and opened a small gap of 1.5s by the end of the lap. But then I already noticed something was wrong with the car (or my driving), couldn't navigate the corners the way I used to in FP. Player in P2 was closing behind, he had very good pace. He had a look at me here and there on lap 3 and my defending ended in going too optimistically on the brakes for the last corner. Decided to settle behind him and try to open gap to the second group, which we did.
P1 escaped me for a second or two but stayed visible for the whole lap duration. We pitted at the end of 6th and that's when it went down for me. Once again I overshot the braking for pitlane, resulting in cutting track boundaries. 3 second penalty after pitstop. And 3 seconds on this track is a distaster for two laps. After serving I was down to 7th.
Then I decided to check my MFD and realised I forgot to put my brake balance to the rear :banghead: - no wonder I struggled.
Advanced to P5 by the final lap. The duel for 3rd in front of me was hard and a bit dirty by the defending player, basically pushed the attacking car off the track in the last corner. I got close but didn't overtake either on the final straight.
The dirty defender got 1 minute penalty for not pitting so I ended up 4th.

I wasn't satisfied with how I fared this race, so decided to have another go.
In the meantime the last race was the point I got promoted to B rating, yay!

So next lobby was GT3, B/S, 70 points for the win
Same tactic for quali didn't pay off, heavy traffic in front and back. Best lap was 48.3 - 9th on the grid.
Starting mid pack was scary, I got off very good and somehow found myself in the gap on the middle of the track, braked and got sandwiched from left and right, but it kept me on the decent line and after few initial corners I was around 5th. After swithing places with drivers around (there was some paint trading I must say) I opened a gap and was pulling away slowly capitalising on their hard fight behind. Series of mistakes made the guy in 3rd drop down and he decided to pit early.
So I consolidated my 4th, not really getting closer to 3rd (he was some 3 seconds ahead) and slowly gaining on 5th. Decided to pit the same time as the one in front of me which was lap 8. This time I remembered to brake early, changed tyres and went for the last two laps. Suddenly I noticed I was gaining a lot to the guy in 3rd, by the end of the penultimate lap I was right behind him, he was struggling with keeping his lines. My thought was he did not change tyres in the pits.
I overtook him on the exit of the hairpin in the middle of the lap and he kept loosing (looking on the replay later I found out he changed to IMs - I did that mistake at Bathurst before so I know how it feels).
Finished 3rd, with healthy 66 points, the biggest haul ever - it pays off to be in DR B.

FujiNationsCup-race.jpg

Last edited:
GT1-Second Slot, Lower A/S split with ~160 points up for grabs.

Turns out I had better pace here than I was expecting, even though I had a bit of a rough Quali compared to practice my 1:47.9xx was good enough for 4th! T1 ended up rather clean, but the carnage started at Dunlop the same lap, as someone behind me missed the braking mark and slid right into the side of P2 and 3. The mix up put me up to P2 at the end of Lap 1!

From then my true race pace put me around P6 heading to the late stages of the race. I had decided from the start I was going to attempt a cheeky little undercut and come in at the end of L14 for IMs, my left front was absolutely toast by then so it also made sense. The L16 rains definitely caught a couple ahead out fully, and the leading 5 had lost so much time in the last sector I came back ahead in P2 at the start of the last lap, but with a L15 pitter hot on my tail! I wasn't able to hold them off in the last sector, but still brought home my best result of this entire exhibition season with P3 and 142pts!

In retrospect, pitting Lap 15 may have given me enough gap on the other car to hold on as their tires died out earlier than mine in the RH run, but ohh well.

I don't get why the default downforce (which is locked through BoP) is so low on the Super Formula cars. The defaults are at minimum and it destroys the enjoyment of these cars.

I ran a SF season in a private league with downforce settings enabled, and having it near max totally transforms the way the SF cars drive. You can really push and they are actually a lot faster with higher downforce. With the default setting they are not enjoyable to drive or race at all. I think I will probably skip this SF round. After having raced with the SF cars the way they should be raced I can't bring myself to attempt this Nations round with the downforce locked at minimum. It's a shame because these cars are a joy with downforce at 50% or higher.

I think our experiences are different... In higher splits it is uncommon that someone crashes into a wall by themselves. Most of the time I see damage happening from pretty minor incidents as a result of lag or the pinball collision physics that exist in this game - this is not a real-world problem.

In the case that damage does happen from a careless or deliberate crash, in actual racing (or in GT league racing and live events, or in most broadcasted ACC or iRacing events) this would warrant an investigation and penalties accordingly. But in GTWS online races and sport mode races, there are no stewards nor a protest system. So the effectively race-ending damage just ends up frustrating everyone.

Slightly off-topic, but if you are looking for an event similar to what you see on iRacing or ACC, why not join a league in ACC or iRacing? By themselves, none of those platforms offer absolutely everything that the others do in terms of a user experience and that's perfectly fine.
Yea I guess our experience are differentā€¦ In my spilts or the races Iā€™ve done people are not hitting each otherā€¦ I mean in the last three GTWS events Iā€™ve caught damage once at Suzuka from getting hit in the rearā€¦ and it wasnā€™t even that bad for I was still able to compete til I had to pit. Mistakes still happen and when they do yea as GT1 drivers we have to payā€¦ but again this is in all racing sims and with way worst consequences than GT7.

I do not have a CPU and will not be getting one anytime soon. GT7 is my game for it offers way more gameplay than ACC and Iracing to me. While I love to watch those guys go at it on both platformsā€¦ thatā€™s where it ends for me. Iā€™ve played ACC on PS5 and itā€™s not even close imo what the CPU version gets so yeah Iā€™m good.

I am definitely also in the "possible to just follow people closely enough that they forget theyre on hards and you're on softs and self-annihilate" skill bracket.

The video in this thread where the guy starts in reverse, damages the poster's front, someone slams into poster from behind, damaging his rear and rear tires is a hilarious example, but again i have no answers or solutions or even suggestions.

Not sure if this is the correct place for this, but I experienced a weird bug yesterday in the World Series race. I achieved a 1st place result for my second and final attempt of the day.
However, my results show only 8 points for round 2, which reflects my first attempt. It seems the 1st place result was dropped entirely. I took a screenshot because it was my first gold in a championship race.
Is there any way I can contact Polyphony to resolve this? I realize it's a minor issue, but the win meant a lot to me haha and it sucks that it wasn't recorded properly.

I wonder what will be a good qualifying time at Interlagos for B/S. I did a 1:16:9 after a few laps, guess with more practice 1:15:x might be possible for me.

If T1 goes without too much carnage it should be fun, I just love the F1 car. Went for the Mika HƤkkinen livery :) good old memories

We talkin bout practice?

View attachment 1320467

e: this picture makes me sad our racing suits get totally overwritten in the GTWS races, would be nice if we could at least have a custom helmet

The rain at the Mazda race is hilarious. Unfortunately it also created a split between those who are racing the first time, and those who already knew what will happen. A bit unrealistic for a drizzle to suddenly soak the track in half a minute so there's no way to react to it in a realistic manner. I started 9th, pitted on lap 1 and was running as high as 5th before then rain hit and fell back down to 10th. A couple of people who can "read the future" put on inters just at the right time and sailed past. Oh well.

I don't get why the default downforce (which is locked through BoP) is so low on the Super Formula cars. The defaults are at minimum and it destroys the enjoyment of these cars.

I ran a SF season in a private league with downforce settings enabled, and having it near max totally transforms the way the SF cars drive. You can really push and they are actually a lot faster with higher downforce. With the default setting they are not enjoyable to drive or race at all. I think I will probably skip this SF round. After having raced with the SF cars the way they should be raced I can't bring myself to attempt this Nations round with the downforce locked at minimum. It's a shame because these cars are a joy with downforce at 50% or higher.
I think they have more than enough grip with default downforce tbh. We are braking past the 50m board for T1 and T4 at Interlagos. Compare to F1's pole lap where Max is braking at around 75m. F1 cars have more DF but also arriving at much higher speed and are heavier, so on balance they should be braking at about equal space. If you ask me the SF in the game still has too much DF stock. In the earlier versions of GT7 before they changed the physics to dampen the OP downforce it was even worse. We had a Time Trial at Fuji where people are taking T2 flatout. Go on youtube and you will never find SF drivers take T2 flatout in real life.

Also higher downforce creates more dirty air, which is a big no-no for close racing. The cars might feel "easier" to drive, but it will spread the field even more and make overtaking difficult other than boring slipstream passes on the straights.

The video in this thread where the guy starts in reverse, damages the poster's front, someone slams into poster from behind, damaging his rear and rear tires is a hilarious example, but again i have no answers or solutions or even suggestions.
I got some people upset with me in my first race. While sitting on the grid, I adjusted my traction control and my car got put in reverse. I didn't notice and the first car drove through me while I was ghosted, the next one nailed me as I unghosted. Luckily I'm in a GT2 lobby so the damage was minimal as far as ruining ones race, still feel like a noob for it. Just have to remember not to adjust TC while sitting on the grid for a Grid Start.

I got some people upset with me in my first race. While sitting on the grid, I adjusted my traction control and my car got put in reverse. I didn't notice and the first car drove through me while I was ghosted, the next one nailed me as I unghosted. Luckily I'm in a GT2 lobby so the damage was minimal as far as ruining ones race, still feel like a noob for it. Just have to remember not to adjust TC while sitting on the grid for a Grid Start.
I've done it many times with no issues to my starting gear. It may depend on the controller setup though.

For those who've had a chance to practice, how many laps are you getting out of the RS tires?

Also, seems advantages to start on RMs then go to RS with a lighter car (thus adding a lap or two of use), regardless of what position you qualify. Might be risky though as not everyone will do that so if you're Q2 for example, and Q3, Q4, & Q5 are on RS you will probably get punted.

Also, seems advantages to start on RMs then go to RS with a lighter car (thus adding a lap or two of use), regardless of what position you qualify. Might be risky though as not everyone will do that so if you're Q2 for example, and Q3, Q4, & Q5 are on RS you will probably get punted.
Makes me wonder if PD could add to the HUD what tires other cars are on. Either on the position board or maybe on the banners that show above opponent cars.

I'm gonna watch an Asia/Oceanland replay because i was pretty sure i was going to get 15 laps on softs after single player practice but was closer to 10-12 in online lobby racing but not sure if they had the settings right.

My question: the real race allows overtake boost correct? are there any "overtake button for idiots" suggestions on how to use it strategically? aside from using it to overtake obviously, more asking for pace suggestions since im not sure how many actual overtake opportunities i'll have

I noticed I was in reverse just before the green light and panic shifted twice to start in 2nd (which may not have been a bad thing). I know I also switched TC but I don't know if that had a effect on it.

I only noticed because of the starting in reverse mention earlier.

I am on DD Pro if that helps.

They absolutely should, just like they do in F1. Just add it to the leader board area so you can see.

2022-tv-graphics-left-hand-sid.jpg
Or just like they show on the GTWS events. I don't know why they don't use that. And it would be most helpful in VR!

Back