Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 12,130 comments
Another forgettable run in slot 1 in GT1 Americas last night.

I was pushed off in qualy by someone just exiting the pits and that basically foreshadowed the rest of the event.

Q12 to P10 where I was pushed off 2 more times in the first 3 laps, sustaining damage the second time.

Couldn't be bothered to pit so early, so lost time until my switch to RS on lap 15.

107 meaningless points in the end and that brings a close to this season for me as I'll be at an Iron Maiden concert during round 4.

Really chirpy lobby after the race. Wasn't much fun at all. Lost DR as well.

Last edited:
I'd be very surprised if this race doesn't have 'random' dynamic weather. That is pretty much what makes this particular combo so great. We also have the 24 hour track as next weeks Daily C, I have this sneaky suspicion it's going to be GR4 cars. Either way, I ran the Nissan GTR on the endurance layout and it felt planted. The first lap will be a bit sketchy (for everyone) due to tire temps but after half a lap, things improve in terms of grip. If there isn't any weather involved, then this round won't have any strategy at all, which would be a shame imo.

Last edited:
Ferrari doing Ferrari things at RA. Just noticed this on the replay. I knew this was bad when driving but wasn't aware how bad. Apparently when going a bit wide thru the left coming out of the esses you can get airborne. A little extreme, eh Kaz? No pen though. PD did seem to reduce the pens at this track which was nice.

a134e375a17a2ff1e5935894dc848bcc_photo.webp

84d3c88f57a2fcfd5fabd06a48688291_photo.webp

Last edited:
I did 5 laps at the ring in Free Practice to see if the weather would change. Nope. No changes to time of day or weather. Looks like Sunset - S03 to me. If there's going to be rain in the race, we aren't going to know about it until race day.
For once I am glad at that. I have found no grip in the wet after the update.

Did a few laps around N-End and the Ferrari felt pretty good. Not great, but much better than RA where it wanted to kill me at every turn.

But, the GTR felt great. Nissan may be a dark horse pic this Manu. Three laps and a 7:57.5 which I was quite happy with. I've not tried the Porsche or Genny yet (may not even bother with the Genny since I won't be able to use it) for comparison but the GTR is a good drive thus far.

What’s the time of day for this next race? Want to do some custom races to see how my championship-winning 458 and myself, will fare over 5 laps

Back