GT Sport SVG request thread (Please read 1st post)

• Thread starter daan
  • 10,545 comments
I have a few I would like converted please...
Capture.PNG oleo_logo.jpg SIMAX.PNG Please, no background on the SIMAX decal. 7dd86d901fc485cfab63c3ba9e928fac.jpg

I have a few I would like converted please...
View attachment 818660 View attachment 818661 View attachment 818662 Please, no background on the SIMAX decal. View attachment 818663
Here is OLD FARTS GARAGE and simax.
The OFG is low precision due to the huge amount of text. In a few flavors.
The Simax picture was useless (180 x 81 px ) is just way too low a resolution. Luckily I found a clear version, by going to their website.
Edit: Added the other two. The dawg cartoon decal is a bit off with gradient colors. Would be better sticking with 2d color pictures. Ones that have definite color zones. Avoid anything that has the 3d type shading.

Attachments

• bits.zip
    16.1 KB · Views: 14
  • therest.zip
    11.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Here is OLD FARTS GARAGE and simax.
The OFG is low precision due to the huge amount of text. In a few flavors.
The Simax picture was useless (180 x 81 px ) is just way too low a resolution. Luckily I found a clear version, by going to their website.
Edit: Added the other two. The dawg cartoon decal is a bit off with gradient colors. Would be better sticking with 2d color pictures. Ones that have definite color zones. Avoid anything that has the 3d type shading.

Sorry about the resolution and grading issues, but thanks again for your help! Very much appreciated..!

Attachments

• ComputerProducts.zip
    7.2 KB · Views: 14
Sorry guys, I have some more! Ideas just come to me on a whim and, unfortunately, someone else gets left holding the ball...
As always though, I am grateful to anyone who can help me out.
Oh, and I would like them without backgrounds please.

0.png

download.png
kangakorplogok-wfknuqeeiwvl.png logo.png images.jpg

Attachments

• W&W+.zip
    9.6 KB · Views: 19
  • kanga.zip
    17.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
I am making a very detailed Benetton B200 livery for the super formula car. Only problem is that ****** Mild Seven logo on the engine cover.
I've tried in inkscape, but I can't find a way to do it correctly. I made 1000 decals already, this one seems impossible to me.

Requirements: It should perfectly fit the shape below, it should have a black outline and a shadow in the shade of the blue square. Also, I need one for the left side, and one for the right. Anyone who can help me out? Font is Arial Bold (I think).

ikTzs7d.png

gpx337.jpg

I am making a very detailed Benetton B200 livery for the super formula car. Only problem is that ****** Mild Seven logo on the engine cover.
I've tried in inkscape, but I can't find a way to do it correctly. I made 1000 decals already, this one seems impossible to me.

Requirements: It should perfectly fit the shape below, it should have a black outline and a shadow in the shade of the blue square. Also, I need one for the left side, and one for the right. Anyone who can help me out? Font is Arial Bold (I think).

ikTzs7d.png

gpx337.jpg
If you are familiar with Inkscape, this could be useful to draw it.

3E4F3176-AA72-4342-8860-97AFAA8C0A03.jpeg

(Download the .zip file for full size 1000x575px)

Attachments

• MildSeven_2001.zip
    103.6 KB · Views: 18
If you are familiar with Inkscape, this could be useful to draw it.

View attachment 819207

(Download the .zip file for full size 1000x575px)

Good idea! But I want it to perfectly fit the engine cover of the super formula car, thats why I made that shape in my previous post. Also, most letters are no problem, but if I have to make an S or a D, I always screw it up

How I think it should be done : just type the text in arial and use something like the free transform tool in Photoshop to make it fit the shape. Cant find the equivalent of the infree transorm tool in inkscape, maybe someone with Indesign skills knows how?

Good idea! But I want it to perfectly fit the engine cover of the super formula car, thats why I made that shape in my previous post. Also, most letters are no problem, but if I have to make an S or a D, I always screw it up

How I think it should be done : just type the text in arial and use something like the free transform tool in Photoshop to make it fit the shape. Cant find the equivalent of the infree transorm tool in inkscape, maybe someone with Indesign skills knows how?
In Inkscape
1 trace the outline of shape you want with a stroke path.
2 type text ,convert to path, ungroup text then combine so that text is one path. may need to rotate to get the desired result.
7.png

With outline and text path selected. Use the extensions modify path, bezier envelope.
73.png

Then you should have something like this.
72.png

Now modify the text path to desired color add a stroke. Duplicate for a shadow. Can do it for you if you have trouble.

Edit: Well this is embarrassing :dunce:, it turns out that bezier envelope is an add on that I downloaded and forgot that I had done so.
The required files and download are available HERE.
I had since installed a newer version of Inkscape so I assumed it was part of the new stuff.:guilty:

Last edited:
In Inkscape
2 type text ,convert to path, ungroup text then combine so that text is one path. may need to rotate to get the desired result.
View attachment 819397
With outline and text path selected. Use the extensions modify path, bezier envelope.
View attachment 819399

View attachment 819398
Now modify the text path to desired color add a stroke. Duplicate for a shadow. Can do it for you if you have trouble.
:bowdown:

I knew the « put text on a path » function but not this one. Our Master strikes again!

Hi, would anyone be able to make this for me please? Can you do it as 2 seperate components please - the dp and the text seperate from one another? Thanks!

Screenshot_20190508-113027.jpg

In Inkscape
View attachment 819397
View attachment 819399

View attachment 819398

Awesome, many thanks!!!!!

p78
Hi,

i have two more requests.

when i try to do these, all the details get lost.

so obviously haven't figured out inkscape yet.

@Maninashed your help with creating letters helped loads! Tnx!
Inkscape is pretty bad when it comes to scanning color. Especially when it is a photograph with huge amounts of different colored pixels.
Did a quick tutorial on colored scans in Inkscape HERE. Which should give an Idea how complex your pics are in comparison.
Only way would be to hand trace and add gradients. You would be looking at days worth of work and multiple decals to get anything like your pictures.
So definitely not viable in Inkscape.

As i'm not used to this i had no idea the amount of work that goes into creating some of these decals.

i tried to do a shoptruck of my local beer.
but that will be put on the backburner.

02-Binneplaats-Brouwerij-Het-Anker.jpg

now i appreciate the logo's you guys made, even more.

Last edited:
p78
As i'm not used to this i had no idea the amount of work that goes into creating some of these decals.

i tried to do a shoptruck of my local beer.
but that will be put on the backburner.

now i appreciate the logo's you guys made, even more.
I remembered that logo from May last year. That was a two decal scan at the time. I could redo that as a single decal (like on the rear of the tanker).
Maybe could make a warp of that with gradients to make it look like it is on the glass. Then if you had one of the glass (no text) maybe could get close . Even try in discovery if there is a glass similar already made.

Hi guys, please someone help to make these 4 logos...
Thanks again for your help in advance...:bowdown:

Attachments

• B0036552-59D2-42CC-BC50-EB33EC8019E0.jpeg
    B0036552-59D2-42CC-BC50-EB33EC8019E0.jpeg
    16.5 KB · Views: 19
  • E3F9A89F-C0D9-4B98-909F-3BF95B371359.jpeg
    E3F9A89F-C0D9-4B98-909F-3BF95B371359.jpeg
    17.1 KB · Views: 18
  • C345C1BA-612D-4E7E-AF3D-BE9CCC6261DE.jpeg
    C345C1BA-612D-4E7E-AF3D-BE9CCC6261DE.jpeg
    19.7 KB · Views: 18
  • F2101F98-6056-4F72-9A0F-6547B4468846.jpeg