Lotus 38 '65
Mercedes-Benz E63 V8 '13
McLaren P1 '13
Nissan Altima L33 V8 '13
RUF CTR3 '08
RUF RGT-8 '12
SSC Ultimate Aero TT '07
Toyota TSO30 '13

And for those who say some will never be satisfied, funny how it took me a loooong time to think up 10 cars I'd like to see in the 'F' word game because it already had almost everything already

PD is simply out of touch, they dont know what their customers want

30% overlap isn't very good, is it? And I'm not that fussed about the F12, the E30 or the 38 (I'd prefer a 33 or 23), which would halve that figure. How is a developer supposed to get around that, given this is just one pairing of people on a list of 20 cars, and the whole picture (all potential buyers, all cars) is likely to be even more complicated, and I haven't even submitted my own list?

Then again, given half the chance, I'm sure I'd get some enjoyment out of any of those cars - it's not just about the fantasising / fulfilment aspect; GT has always been exploratory for me, personally.

Regarding Forza, you should be really happy that it caters so well to your needs. If you don't happen to have access to it, that's lamentable, but it's not PD's fault.

Maybe what's really happening is that you're not actually PD's target customer; I don't really think I am, either. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.
If more games were more honest about their intentions, and didn't try so hard to be all things to all men (which is impossible), there'd actually be more of them, and so the diverse tastes of their customers will be better catered for.

What did you expect? Seriously. That they would remove a huge number of japanese cars?

They could focus more attention to other car brands, I mean 43 version of the same damn car doesn´t make any sense. There also alot of crappy cars that no one want to drive, for example those tiny cars that do like 5 mph. I would rather see a Gran Turismo game with maybe 500 cars but where every single car is fun to drive.

You also forgot the french, italian, australian and korean cars.:dunce: Lol. I will try to find the correct number of cars tomorrow and how many % are each. :)

Well I just made a short list, don´t have the time or energy to go through every single car brand.

20 cars that if included would have likely made most happy overall

Ariel Atom V8 500 '12
BMW E30 '89
Eagle Mk1 '66
Ferrari F12 Berlinetta '13
Ferrari F355 '94
Ferrari F50 '95
Ferrari La Ferrari '14
Ford FG Falcon V8 '13
Holden VF Commodore V8 '13
HPD ARX-03a '13
Koenigsegg Agera R '13
Lola B10/60 '13
Lotus 38 '65
Mercedes-Benz E63 V8 '13
McLaren P1 '13
Nissan Altima L33 V8 '13
RUF CTR3 '08
RUF RGT-8 '12
SSC Ultimate Aero TT '07
Toyota TSO30 '13

:drool:

They could focus more attention to other car brands, I mean 43 version of the same damn car doesn´t make any sense. There also alot of crappy cars that no one want to drive, for example those tiny cars that do like 5 mph. I would rather see a Gran Turismo game with maybe 500 cars but where every single car is fun to drive.

Well I just made a short list, don´t have the time or energy to go through every single car brand.

You had the time and energy to post though didn't you. :odd:

It is no good wasting time complaining about 43 versions of anything. What was done in the PAST is done. They can't go back in time and do it differently.

Of the cars with a 6 next to them listed yesterday, there were 57 European cars, 31 Asian cars and 37 American cars. I counted the Toyota NASCARS as American because they are.

Which they have. The ratio has gotten more even for every GT title. And while the duplicates and near duplicates are annoying, you are flat out wrong in saying that no one wants to drive the "crappy" cars. There's plenty of us who enjoys GT's eclectic car list and if you ask me, it's what makes GT so special. It's a celebration of the car, not just fast cars like every other car game.

Oh and what's fun to drive is highly subjective.

Show me an example from those series current-gen titles of a car model that's been untouched and carried over from the PS2/original XB days. GT certainly is unique there.

You first. I don't think any of the standard cars in GT5 or GT6 are untouched. Heck, the Caterham being given a low-rez interior is proof of that.

You first. I don't think any of the standard cars in GT5 or GT6 are untouched. Heck, the Caterham being given a low-rez interior is proof of that.

Explain how one car being given an interior is proof that they've all had modifications. That sounds like a leap to me.

Explain how one car being given an interior is proof that they've all had modifications. That sounds like a leap to me.

Actually if you actually look at the interiors of the standard cars, they've all been given the graphical base for an interior like the Caterham. PD just didn't add the detail like with the Caterham. Plus all the vehicles had to as least gone through the in-game filter and we know they all saw touching up by PD so the difference wouldn't be too noticeable when you're flying by them at 200mph. The fact is, there aren't any cars that look like this:
granturismo2.jpg

Nor, really this:
gt4-1.jpg

Besides have you seen the CLK-GTR in Forza?

1998_amg_mercedes_clk_gtr.jpg

This model is the same one from Forza 2.

Better yet is the XJ220 from Forza 1:
6837852507_f22890c464_z.jpg

Honestly, I think NFS wins for being able to update their car models and have them look decent.

All Turn10 does is make a few New cars and then run everything else through their new engine and possibly add the second worst interiors ever. PD is simply copying their form. Over the past few weeks, Turn10 has been showing off the NEW cars and then giving a list of all the old cars they've filtered through their new engine. And since Forza 4 had the interiors made, they probably didn't bother making new ones for them. People see Forza and go "Look at all the new cars they've modeled in the past 2 years." Except they didn't. They modeled a handful of them and then padded their list with cars from the previous games. Wait...where have I heard that before. Yeah. It takes a while to make cars. And if we're going to have childish arguments, I'm going to point the finger at Need For Speed, really and say they started it. But it's more fun to point the finger at Forza and say that.

And there was a game that DID try to NOT pad their car list. Test Drive Unlimited 2 featured no cars from TDU1...and no one liked it.

Last edited:
Looks like there is moaning all around about car lists, both for GT6 and FM5. The GT6 list could have been better, there were a handful of cars I was really hoping to see added which weren't, but then there also were cars which were added that I was pleased to see. We will never be fully satisfied, its impossible. I'm still looking forward to GT6 very much so actually being that I stopped playing 5 a loooong time ago.

Looks like there is moaning all around about car lists, both for GT6 and FM5. The GT6 list could have been better, there were a handful of cars I was really hoping to see added which weren't, but then there also were cars which were added that I was pleased to see. We will never be fully satisfied, its impossible. I'm still looking forward to GT6 very much so actually being that I stopped playing 5 a loooong time ago.

I stopped playing GT5 about a year ago. I wanted to prepare myself for GT6 so I could built up the suspense with waiting. I know the game will be similar to GT5 but hey, I don't care. I'm a huge fan of GT games and I'll play it with a big smile on my face :)

Actually if you actually look at the interiors of the standard cars, they've all been given the graphical base for an interior like the Caterham. PD just didn't add the detail like with the Caterham. Plus all the vehicles had to as least gone through the in-game filter and we know they all saw touching up by PD so the difference wouldn't be too noticeable when you're flying by them at 200mph. The fact is, there aren't any cars that look like this

Most of the standard cars in GT5 are indentical to their GT4 counterparts, just displayed at a higher resolution.

All Turn10 does is make a few New cars and then run everything else through their new engine and possibly add the second worst interiors ever. PD is simply copying their form. Over the past few weeks, Turn10 has been showing off the NEW cars and then giving a list of all the old cars they've filtered through their new engine.

..and you have proof of this 'filtering' I suppose?

And since Forza 4 had the interiors made, they probably didn't bother making new ones for them. People see Forza and go "Look at all the new cars they've modeled in the past 2 years." Except they didn't. They modeled a handful of them and then padded their list with cars from the previous games. Wait...where have I heard that before. Yeah.

When you can show me a car in Forza 5 that looks a generation worse than the best cars you'll have a point. The fact is all of the cars in Forza 5 will be fully detailed, visible in autovista and have the same quality.

Oh and if you can show me the improvements here thanks:

GT4_Toyota_GT_ONE_Race_Car_2_by_murumokirby360.jpg

8262652379_8cb5aba2b6_o.png

Note: displaying them in a higher resolution does not count as them 'upgrading the model'. I can display them in a higher resolution with a PS2 emulator on my PC.

Last edited:

Uh, you made the claim. You provide the proof. That's sort of how it works.

What sort of faulty logic is that? One car having a simple interior (okay, let's say multiple cars, like the open-topped prototypes) does not equal proof every car received an upgrade. But to prove a point, sure, I'll dig out GT4 and grab a C5R for some pictures once I'm home, as that's a model that's come up multiple times in comparisons between the two games. Tying to my previous post, not a single game on the market (to my knowledge) uses a nearly decade-old model like the C5R in GT5.

A few less cars than I thought would be in GT6, noticed the car list states there will be a different Speed 8, A base 908 HDI and 2 different types of R18, looking forward to this.

Sry but pls don't compaire these cars with a R8 Gordini !!!
Do you even know this car? I think you dont , because if you would you wouldnt say that !

Ps: the lightweight car is One of my favorites in GT 6. Iam driving in a GT5 League and all of my friends there are talking about the lightweight car! It will be AWESOME . 16 Players , everyone with the lightweight car, no aids , no abs, comfort hard tyres, + new tyre/suspension Engine = orgasm

Yeah, PD is getting the enthusiast guys excited, but what about everyone else? Im not as much of a gear head as some here, I had no idea that Renault had an illustrious racing history :odd:. Yet Im a bit more knowledgeable about the latest cars then your average joe. I would think my type makes up a larger majority of Gran Turismo's fanbase. The guy who would rather see the racecars on TV and the cars on modern magazine covers in the game before exploring the history of the automobile.

30% overlap isn't very good, is it? And I'm not that fussed about the F12, the E30 or the 38 (I'd prefer a 33 or 23), which would halve that figure. How is a developer supposed to get around that, given this is just one pairing of people on a list of 20 cars, and the whole picture (all potential buyers, all cars) is likely to be even more complicated, and I haven't even submitted my own list?

Then again, given half the chance, I'm sure I'd get some enjoyment out of any of those cars - it's not just about the fantasising / fulfilment aspect; GT has always been exploratory for me, personally.

Regarding Forza, you should be really happy that it caters so well to your needs. If you don't happen to have access to it, that's lamentable, but it's not PD's fault.

Maybe what's really happening is that you're not actually PD's target customer; I don't really think I am, either. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.
If more games were more honest about their intentions, and didn't try so hard to be all things to all men (which is impossible), there'd actually be more of them, and so the diverse tastes of their customers will be better catered for.

PD is a dinosaur. They did some really cool things in the 90s, yet they've remained stuck in their ways and have no adapted at all. And why should they? Each game has sold 10,000,000 copies. Its like why should Madden actually try and improve the game every year when, like GT, it always sells well despite mediocre reviews?

No, I do not have access to the F word. That experience will set me back $800, console and system, and wheel, and game, and I cant justify it over one title, as nothing else on the system interests me. So Polyphony Digital once again wins by default as I have no other choice at the moment for a simulation racer.

I noticed alot of people saying PD would go extinct quickly if both top console sims were multiplatform. I dont think thats the case. I think competition would push the quality of both forward at a much faster rate. PD would start making a more desirable car list while the F word would implement time of day and weather much quicker, etc etc. It would be win win for everyone.

Like Madden, I think both racing titles are suffering from a real lack of competition.

I see the list and it's like meh. :rolleyes: I guess I will be more excited once I get the game in my hands

The car list is starting to look like a mess because of the inclusion of GT5 cars in this game. For example: it makes no sense to have the 2009 Bugatti Veyron 16.4 when they already have an updated version of that car; the same thing applies to Honda, Mazda, Mitsubishi and Nissan.
I wouldn't mind if they choose an iconic model from the past and also included the newer model but all that car encyclopedia makes no sense when there are only very minor differences between some car models, hopefully they will think about this for their next tittles.

For example: it makes no sense to have the 2009 Bugatti Veyron 16.4 when they already have an updated version of that car.

Well, and technically, the new Premium model should simply replace the '09 Standard, since there's no such thing as a '13 Bugatti Veyron 16.4 (they're only building Gran Sports now).

I wouldn't mind if they choose an iconic model from the past and also included the newer model but all that car encyclopedia makes no sense when there are only very minor differences between some car models, hopefully they will think about this for their next tittles.

Judging by things like the two Huayras, or Swifts, or Ford GT's, or Cappuccinos, probably not...

Well, and technically, the new Premium model should simply replace the '09 Standard, since there's no such thing as a '13 Bugatti Veyron 16.4 (they're only building Gran Sports now).
Exactly, I wonder who's in charge for the vehicles there because one would not simply claim that they have a 2013 Bugatti Veyron 16.4 when the only recent model now is the Vitesse.

Judging by things like the two Huayras, or Swifts, or Ford GT's, or Cappuccinos, probably not...
So there's no hope anymore, oh well. :crazy:
Our only hope is if they start dropping cars models for their next GT games or they finally start listenning to what the community wants.

It's probably a good indication of GT5 and what took them so long to develop. GT7 is probably going to take 5 years, and it's going to be all new, like GT5 was supposed to be. I would certainly like to think they are going to evaluate their car list and focus on the important models of all the cars that they have modeled over the years, and remodel them. 43 Skylines could easily be turned into 20, most of them racecars, and other just the best street cars. Hondas consolidated to the best model of each car, and hopefully in GT6 they can incorporate a log that monitors which cars people actually use, as opposed to cars that are never used.

I'm enthused about getting the group b rally cars.

Can anyone clarify how many Pikes Peak cars there are?

Currently there's the Audi S1 Quattro Pikes Peak, the E-Runner and the Escudo. Which is great...if there were something to race them on...

I think someone else did already touch on this but a huge 'error', and this is an issue GT5 also suffered from, is a general lack of new cars:

2010 cars: 35 total, 23 once you remove the cars different only by livery/base cars.
2011 cars: 39 total, 27 once you remove the cars different only by livery/base cars.
2012 cars: 21 total, 14 once you remove the cars different only by livery/base cars.
2013 cars: 23 total, 12 once you remove the cars different only by livery/base cars and 'fake' 2013 model.

A large majority of those are also race cars. The new road cars are really quite lacking. DLC I guess......

High on quirk is the best way to put it. Who actually drove the WW2 vehicles from GT5? Or the Samba Bus? When your game is missing some of the newest and most exciting cars in the world, how in the world do you put those in first?

Its become quite clear to me PD is making the game the way THEY want to. Your target audience is 15-30 year olds who like hyper cars? Who cares. Throw them a '66 Renault R8 Gordini. Funny how when Sony decided to LISTEN to the developers and build the Playstation 4 around what the developers want they ended up with a fine piece of equipment that could dominate next gen.

And I dont care how technically impressive the Light Car Company Rocket is, nobody has a poster of it hanging in their room. And did I mention it is ugly? Yet PD thinks its the bomb and has it in almost all the trailers. How out of touch can you be?
quoting this for posterity.

Actually here are all the 2010+ road cars:

2010 (14)
Honda FIT RS '10
Mazda DEMIO SPORT '10
Peugeot RCZ '10
Aston Martin V12 Vantage '10
Chevrolet Camaro SS '10
Honda CR-Z α '10
Jaguar XFR '10
Jaguar XKR Coupe '10
Lexus LFA '10
McLaren MP4-12C '10
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG '10
Toyota FT-86 G SPORTS Concept '10
Volkswagen Golf VI R '10
Volkswagen Scirocco R '10

2011 (15)
Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale '11
Aston Martin One-77 '11
Cadillac CTS-V Coupe '11
Jaguar XKR-S '11
Lotus Elise '11
Pagani Huayra '11
Renault Sport Clio R.S. '11
Renault Sport Mégane R.S. Trophy '11
SRT Charger SRT8 '11
Toyota Aqua S '11
Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 '11
MINI COOPER S '11
MINI COOPER S Countryman (R60) '11
Nissan Leaf G '11
Toyota FT-86II concept '11

2012 (9)
Fisker Karma EcoSport '12
KTM X-BOW R '12
KTM X-BOW Street '12
Subaru S206 NBR CHALLENGE PACKAGE '12
Tesla Motors Model S Signature Performance '12
Toyota Vitz F '12
Chevrolet Corvette C7 Test Prototype '12
Nissan GT-R Black edition '12
Scion FR-S '12 / Subaru BRZ S '12 / TOYOTA 86 GT '12

2013 (7/6 technically)
Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '13 (Fake, no such thing)
Ford Focus ST '13
Ford Ford Shelby GT500 '13
Ford Mustang Boss 302 '13
Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track '13
Land Rover Range Rover Evoque Coupe Dynamic '13
Pagani Huayra '13 (dupe)
SRT Viper GTS '13

And '14 Stingray

A very good thing out of all this is more vintage car cruising and Mille Miglia stages. I think I might get into that stuff finally.

Actually here are all the 2010+ road cars:

2010 (14)
Honda FIT RS '10
Mazda DEMIO SPORT '10
Peugeot RCZ '10
Aston Martin V12 Vantage '10
Chevrolet Camaro SS '10
Honda CR-Z α '10
Jaguar XFR '10
Jaguar XKR Coupe '10
Lexus LFA '10
McLaren MP4-12C '10
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG '10
Toyota FT-86 G SPORTS Concept '10
Volkswagen Golf VI R '10
Volkswagen Scirocco R '10

2011 (15)
Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale '11
Aston Martin One-77 '11
Cadillac CTS-V Coupe '11
Jaguar XKR-S '11
Lotus Elise '11
Pagani Huayra '11
Renault Sport Clio R.S. '11
Renault Sport Mégane R.S. Trophy '11
SRT Charger SRT8 '11
Toyota Aqua S '11
Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 '11
MINI COOPER S '11
MINI COOPER S Countryman (R60) '11
Nissan Leaf G '11
Toyota FT-86II concept '11

2012 (9)
Fisker Karma EcoSport '12
KTM X-BOW R '12
KTM X-BOW Street '12
Subaru S206 NBR CHALLENGE PACKAGE '12
Tesla Motors Model S Signature Performance '12
Toyota Vitz F '12
Chevrolet Corvette C7 Test Prototype '12
Nissan GT-R Black edition '12
Scion FR-S '12 / Subaru BRZ S '12 / TOYOTA 86 GT '12

2013 (7/6 technically)
Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '13 (Fake, no such thing)
Ford Focus ST '13
Ford Ford Shelby GT500 '13
Ford Mustang Boss 302 '13
Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track '13
Land Rover Range Rover Evoque Coupe Dynamic '13
Pagani Huayra '13 (dupe)
SRT Viper GTS '13

I know for sure im collecting all the cars on this list plus the fully rendered race cars. Fun times ahead. Just wish the E63 and A45 were there.

Back