GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,390 comments
I have no inside information, but if PD really adjust the bop based on a few people doing some hotlaps, then that's disappointing. They have so much data from daily races and manufacturers and nations races that they should be able to make much better adjustments based on that. It's PD though so no surprise if they do it that way. Credit to pd it actually takes a bit of effort to master a car and adapt your driving style, not to mention all cars on all (or a lot of) tracks so a couple people doing a couple hotlaps will never be perfect I think.
No doubt. I totally assumed they data mined the sport races as a sort of beta. Incredibly disappointing if they aren't.

Thanks to everyone who's replied so far - I might not mention each of you specifically, but I truly appreciate it.

T4 (?, I mean the downhill right hander in the first sector): turn in right earlier (cut the curbs). Two or three tenths to be gained in the esses through the dip then, because of higher speed.
Is that the spot where just looking at the grass just before the curb gets a penalty?
T5: Approach it with the right side wheels on the curbs (the curbs on the right side, of course 😆. Granted that they will sometimes throw you off track)
Yeah, several people mentioned that and I can see it will help (already has). When you're ready to make the left, do you brake and downshift at the same time, or do you downshift before turning, then brake and accelerate to try and snap it around? Or is it just re-accelerating that is supposed to snap it around?
Final chicane: entry (left hander) in third gear, not second. At least upshift earlier.
I have a horrible time getting the speed and line right on this. But I'll keep trying.
You can go much faster into T1 (you'll find out the hard way how fast is too fast...)
That's a good point. When trying to get the fastest lap, you ought to crash at least once at every braking turn, in order to find out what the limit is. If you're never in danger of going off the track, you're probably being too conservative.
I've crashed on that turn a million times. Every time I try to go faster into T1, it doesn't make the turn. Do you think that maybe I come in too shallow (too close to the right side too early)? Should I be more like trying to slide around it?
into T6 and into the final chicane, you can catch slides in the Alfa.
That one will be fun once I can get consistent on my entry to the turn before, so I have a consistent speed coming to that last turn before the straight.

Speaking of Liveries and Genesis Liveries specifically, someone in my Race B lobby today was driving the Genesis. Their Livery was "SEGA"... a SEGA Genesis! I loved it!
Ah man that's Genius! Wish I had thought of that! Closest I've come is this:

20829669755601589.jpg

To give you some idea how broken BOP is, I just ran some laps at NGP in qualy mode and man, the NSX would be RIGHT THERE if it had a tiny bit more power. I got it down to an optimal 55.4 but I dead set wrang it's neck to get there, absurdly early on the gas and using every mm of road. It's fabulous to drive, feels great but is half a second off the Porsche because of a lack of power.

Speakin gof which, got the Porsche down to a 55.3 but frustratingly, an optimal of 54.8. It's faster than the Z4 in qualy trim but as tyres wear I can't drive it.

Shared a WRX 24.2 with the tags gtp3 and gtp3b.

Botched the double apex corner / the turkey leg - so there's a couple tenths left there.

Got home today and beat my PS4 time within 4 laps. It's funny how much muscle memory plays a part in how you perform, one piece of unfamiliar equipment and I'm all over the shop.

Last edited:
It’s impossible to enjoy the dailies in NA anymore.

I’ve gone from A+ DR to somewhere near or under 40k now in just weeks. And during that time I think I’ve been passed on track and legitimately... less than 10 times. The rest have been punts and garbage, getting knocked off track and finishing DFL afterward.

Here’s the nicest example, which as far as I can see was simply someone out of his league and causing chaos. Including ruining my one and only race for the day (which was all I had time for). He says I "turned into him". Yeah. Gonna have to disagree.

I’m really sick of finishing races after one lap, just to avoid losing SR, and to make sure I could save the replay to see what happened. It’s such a waste of time. And not fun at all.

There simply aren’t enough players in NA to have well sorted lobbies and race with clean + capable drivers. A huge appeal of GT vs other sims is the accessibility. But it's become pointless when the people you race in those accessible races put you off like this, race after race after race.

The only way to avoid it is to grind out fast QT's for hours to start at the front of the top splits, once you get to a DR that has you placed in them. Because in the top split in the US it's going to be 5 or 6 really fast guys who race clean and fast, and a pack full of other people who just don't seem to be able to, and throw on track courtesies out the window before hitting the starting line.

... I don't have the luxury of being able to do that or the pace to qualify ahead of the garbage that seems acceptable in the middle of the pack in them. I don't know how much more I'm going to play. Maybe Forza Motorsport will offer something better, though I doubt it.

Edit: didn't see OP on same incident. Full transparency, I did call him an idiot. I don't think that's actionable by Sony. I felt it was appropriate at the time, even if rude. My apologies for that, but I'm really discouraged by what Dailies have become. I ran two at Atlanta earlier in the day on my lunch break, and as expected it was dirty AF. Got punted purposely in the final chicane on the final lap, then LOL'd in the chat for calling the guy dirty for it. Decided to avoid Gr4 and try the Gr3 race at the Nurbrurgring, thinking that it would be a more respectable race. Got slotted in top split, mudpack, after a QT session where I think I got about as much speed as I can get, and in the one chance to race for the evening, had my race ruined before I could set a Sector 1 time in the race. Again. By what I saw was some really uncontrolled driving, after I was super careful to avoid the chaos in T1, as you can see in the review.

And I did all of that after watching the replay to make sure it was what I thought it was. To make sure he wasn't hit from behind first, to cause the bottle-up in T1. To make sure he wasn't pressured unduly to cause any reasonable over-reaction chain reaction. None of that applied.

So, my apologies for calling him an idiot, but I stand by the point I am making and the assessment of the driving on display here. (Also: super irritating how when you get off track, the physics model becomes such a joke that my tires were spinning pointlessly and that cost me even more, when I tried to get back on track... total waste of a race for a number of reasons).

Thanks for posting that video. I was remembering the previous race where I was hit into a bunch of other cars at T1. In this case I was trail braking and they stopped shorter than I expected and I hit them. I was too worried about getting rear-ended again that I did it to them. I did make sure they got their spots back and lost a couple of spots in the process, which had me flummoxed and so a series of mistakes followed.

As for you, I never saw you because of the blind spot in bumper cam, but it’s clear I drove right into you while I was swinging wide for the next turn. I’m sorry about that, and am frustrated that that sort of contact would utterly spin you out like that. I was looking in my rear view and looking ahead so I couldn’t scan the radar as well. Like I said this morning, from my perspective I was just driving my usual line and you appeared “out of nowhere” and hit my blind spot. I was wrong. Unfortunately, this is what we’ve been conditioned to assume in these unregulated, unpenalized races. I sincerely apologize for ruining your one chance to race.

Maybe you can give me a pointer on how you avoided all the contact in T1?! I can’t seem to find a line that works on the opening lap.

For what it’s worth, I’m not out of my league or an agent of chaos, and you did a fair bit more than just call me an idiot, although I totally understand your frustration. I earned my A rating honestly and worked hard at it. I’m totally in agreement with you that the people at the back of the lobbies with no regard for good racing are ruining it for all of us. The fallout from getting torpedoed in the previous race by some donkey in the rear made me too impatient to get around T1 in the next race, and so I caught you in the chain reaction of bad decisions. I totally sympathize with you being an A+ driver who’s getting his score tanked by punks. I was in danger of dropping back down to C a few weeks ago when I considered quitting altogether because of so much filth. My SR even tanked because I was getting hot too much. I was in a death spiral. I hope you get back there soon.

To everyone else: thanks for the props. I still have a lot to learn, but I’ve come a long way in the past 6 months of sport mode. But my reputation as a fair racer is important to me. I’m sorry one of our own got hurt by my mistakes!

Last edited:
Came back into it after a month long break and it does show a bit. Managed to get reduced back to DR C, though a high C so may get back up not before long. Been mixed fortunes, tried Road Atlanta with the WRX and though it was safe, decided on some different cars and have fell in love with the RCF GT3. Not as effective as the WRX but a laugh:

Had a good race here, my best since returning though I'm not great at T1. It was then followed up by a complete mess of a race:

Of which I got a corner cut penalty for taking avoiding action. Ah well.

I may have sent a man to the shadow realm today.

I'm working on figuring out how to export/share video from the PS5 so bear with me for a story instead:

I qualify second for my Race B. Up front is an Alfa, behind is an Atenza. I get a good start but the Alfa accelerates like a bat out of hell. I follow as close as I can through the esses and into the T6/7 complex. Entering T6 the Atenza gets a good run, but not great, and I'm still ahead.
Into T7 as I'm headed for the apex and accelerating the Atenza decides now is a great time to stick it's nose right in there. I get loose but keep my foot pinned as I'm already in 3rd gear which is super stable in the WRX and we're drag racing down the back straight. He's got a slight edge but I am the last of the late brakers and outbrake him into T10A. I pull ahead and he decides, as I'm apexing T10B to stick his nose in again and unsettle me.

I get squirrely because I'm hard on the power, lift just a touch to get it under control again and he's trying to sweep by on the outside. Having had absolutely enough of this clown show I decide to run that corner as wide as I possibly can. He takes to the grass and idc, he tries to come back onto the track and again idc. He made this bed, lay in it.

Eventually he gets it wrestled back on to the surface but he's in 4th now and about to be passed for 5th as well. I end up 3 second behind the Alfa but mange to pull him back to a .3 second gap by the end of the race. Good times and absolutely zero regrets.

I've crashed on that turn a million times. Every time I try to go faster into T1, it doesn't make the turn. Do you think that maybe I come in too shallow (too close to the right side too early)? Should I be more like trying to slide around it?
Don't take my advice. I can barely drive the WRX. Like NevilleNobody, I use the X button for braking, so the car just goes into a drift when I use the brakes. You'd probably whip me good, at that race.

Don't take my advice. I can barely drive the WRX. Like NevilleNobody, I use the X button for braking, so the car just goes into a drift when I use the brakes. You'd probably whip me good, at that race.
X is gas, box is brake lol. And yeah the WRX likes to swing around at certain types of corners, the worst is Lake Maggiorie, the big downhill right hander, arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrround she goes.

X is gas, box is brake lol. And yeah the WRX likes to swing around at certain types of corners, the worst is Lake Maggiorie, the big downhill right hander, arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrround she goes.
Quite right. Brake is [ ].
The only way I can make the WRX work is to stay in a straight line when braking, then turn in.
Which works fine for qualifying, but gets me killed in the race.

So, I have found out that I'm not very good at any of this week's races.
I'm still gonna race, because I like to do it.

What I'm doing is starting at the back, and driving all the cars that I know are bad, and trying to not finish last. So, I've created my own race within the race, and 15th position is the prize. 🥇

That's what you call racing for fun, and not for the DR ratings. :D

Thanks to everyone who's replied so far - I might not mention each of you specifically, but I truly appreciate it.

Is that the spot where just looking at the grass just before the curb gets a penalty?
I don't know. Never got a penalty there. If a penalty shows up when I'm at that point, it's usually for having cut T2.
Yeah, several people mentioned that and I can see it will help (already has). When you're ready to make the left, do you brake and downshift at the same time, or do you downshift before turning, then brake and accelerate to try and snap it around? Or is it just re-accelerating that is supposed to snap it around?
I brake and downshift to 4th, then stay off the throttle for a split second while turning left and straightening the car out for the exit, then full send.
I have a horrible time getting the speed and line right on this. But I'll keep trying.

Yes, could be. I approach it far left, only tap the brakes shortly at the orange barrier and turn in hard right, then usually catch the slide and stay off the gas for a moment until it's safe to hit it again. One of five times I get it right without sliding and hit the apex coasting. But both ways are equally quick (for me at least).
Shared a WRX 24.2 with the tags gtp3 and gtp3b.
Botched the double apex corner / the turkey leg - so there's a couple tenths left there.
Aw man, you are a naughty person 🤣. Couldn't you at least once leave me in the belief that I had gotten you?😆
Got home today and beat my PS4 time within 4 laps. It's funny how much muscle memory plays a part in how you perform, one piece of unfamiliar equipment and I'm all over the shop.
Actually, I was aware that that was the reason I was able to match your times temporarily. Ah, those lovely days are gone...😆🍻

@Leon Kowalski wth bro?? I saw your time in Road Atlanta and was so proud you didn't go with the meta WRX! I then match your time driving the Alfa, as you did, and then I see you switched to WRX and went faster 😱🤪
You're proving to be more difficult to reach then people who owe me money 🤣
Sadly the people who I am owing money reach me way to easily.😬😆

Last edited:
I'm still gonna race, because I like to do it.

What I'm doing is starting at the back, and driving all the cars that I know are bad, and trying to not finish last. So, I've created my own race within the race, and 15th position is the prize. 🥇

That's what you call racing for fun, and not for the DR ratings. :D
That's exactly what I decided to do. On my second account, of course. I've tried two daily race Bs, and failed miserably, because I spent too much time watch the action and not enough time remembering to brake when I'm supposed to! So (on my second account), I just earned enough money to buy the G70, which to me seems like a more stable car for people not paying as much attention as they should.

So now my goal is to just finish races without discovering that there are people in places on the track you'd never see if you didn't drive (or slide) right over to them. :lol:

Through it all, there are great moments, and it's great to race side by side against people when things do go right. Here's a brief instance of some great racing at the Ring GP, and not just because I came out ahead. I was happy to finish 11th in this race, after racing clean like this and after running with the eventual winners for a bit in the middle section when our pit stops overlapped.

Thanks for posting that video. I was remembering the previous race where I was hit into a bunch of other cars at T1. In this case I was trail braking and they stopped shorter than I expected and I hit them. I was too worried about getting rear-ended again that I did it to them. I did make sure they got their spots back and lost a couple of spots in the process, which had me flummoxed and so a series of mistakes followed.

As for you, I never saw you because of the blind spot in bumper cam, but it’s clear I drove right into you while I was swinging wide for the next turn. I’m sorry about that, and am frustrated that that sort of contact would utterly spin you out like that. I was looking in my rear view and looking ahead so I couldn’t scan the radar as well. Like I said this morning, from my perspective I was just driving my usual line and you appeared “out of nowhere” and hit my blind spot. I was wrong. Unfortunately, this is what we’ve been conditioned to assume in these unregulated, unpenalized races. I sincerely apologize for ruining your one chance to race.

Maybe you can give me a pointer on how you avoided all the contact in T1?! I can’t seem to find a line that works on the opening lap.

For what it’s worth, I’m not out of my league or an agent of chaos, and you did a fair bit more than just call me an idiot, although I totally understand your frustration. I earned my A rating honestly and worked hard at it. I’m totally in agreement with you that the people at the back of the lobbies with no regard for good racing are ruining it for all of us. The fallout from getting torpedoed in the previous race by some donkey in the rear made me too impatient to get around T1 in the next race, and so I caught you in the chain reaction of bad decisions. I totally sympathize with you being an A+ driver who’s getting his score tanked by punks. I was in danger of dropping back down to C a few weeks ago when I considered quitting altogether because of so much filth. My SR even tanked because I was getting hot too much. I was in a death spiral. I hope you get back there soon.

To everyone else: thanks for the props. I still have a lot to learn, but I’ve come a long way in the past 6 months of sport mode. But my reputation as a fair racer is important to me. I’m sorry one of our own got hurt by my mistakes!
...we are more than square. I never meant to make you or this incident a specific topic, it was just as you said, one in the series and an example of what has been the norm 9 out of 10 times since the holidays. Not exaggerating. And I know that you didn't mean any of what happened maliciously, I never meant to imply that. It was just, as has been described already, the kind of mistake that we all have made, and it seemed to me that I was on the wrong end of it way too many times in a row, in the few chances I've had to enjoy the game with real life getting in the way of my hobbies and supposed stress outlets lately. Thanks for accepting my friend request, I am geniuinely happy to connect. :cheers:

As for how I avoided contact... I was driving in my mirror while making damn sure that I didn't make the mistake you did (because I have before, and especially in a Race C with a mandatory pit stop, I know I am not going to win on lap one and for sure not in turn one... but sometimes it's a bit of luck, too, and I think there was some of that in this example. Other than that, I try to pin it on the apex hard and slow there, because it's a real hazard otherwise, and that's only when someone isn't already driving over your bumper when you try to cover the inside line. (also: I ALWAYS start the race with the radar on, for the reason you noted- the mirror has a blind spot)

And back to our regularly scheduled programming: here's more of the type of nonsense that has been part of my typical experience on Daily Races lately. Ironically I had just been thinking... "I need to chill out, this game can really be fun, and it's not always so bad..." then this moron ruined it.

So this guy goes into the final chicane too hot, I give him all kinds of respect and try to get by without touching, since I didn't make that mistake... he did. But then he decides to door me, after he tank slaps it again, in the final turn, then he runs over my bumper in the lead in to the esses... which is simply stupid. You're not going to pass there, you're actually hurting yourself to not give a little room there, because you take away any run you get on the tricky fast left hander that leads up the hill. So this idiot hothead drove himself out of the race and knocks me out of a podium finish in a really competitive A+/A lobby that I had started a few spots back in. This is garbage gaming and BS race craft that doesn't belong in the game, at least not without consequences.

Last edited:
Through it all, there are great moments, and it's great to race side by side against people when things do go right. Here's a brief instance of some great racing at the Ring GP, and not just because I came out ahead. I was happy to finish 11th in this race, after racing clean like this and after running with the eventual winners for a bit in the middle section when our pit stops overlapped.

...we are more than square. I never meant to make you or this incident a specific topic, it was just as you said, one in the series and an example of what has been the norm 9 out of 10 times since the holidays. Not exaggerating. And I know that you didn't mean any of what happened maliciously, I never meant to imply that. It was just, as has been described already, the kind of mistake that we all have made, and it seemed to me that I was on the wrong end of it way too many times in a row, in the few chances I've had to enjoy the game with real life getting in the way of my hobbies and supposed stress outlets lately. Thanks for accepting my friend request, I am geniuinely happy to connect. :cheers:

As for how I avoided contact... I was driving in my mirror while making damn sure that I didn't make the mistake you did (because I have before, and especially in a Race C with a mandatory pit stop, I know I am not going to win on lap one and for sure not in turn one... but sometimes it's a bit of luck, too, and I think there was some of that in this example. Other than that, I try to pin it on the apex hard and slow there, because it's a real hazard otherwise, and that's only when someone isn't already driving over your bumper when you try to cover the inside line. (also: I ALWAYS start the race with the radar on, for the reason you noted- the mirror has a blind spot)

And back to our regularly scheduled programming: here's more of the type of nonsense that has been part of my typical experience on Daily Races lately. Ironically I had just been thinking... "I need to chill out, this game can really be fun, and it's not always so bad..." then this moron ruined it.

So this guy goes into the final chicane too hot, I give him all kinds of respect and try to get by without touching, since I didn't make that mistake... he did. But then he decides to door me, after he tank slaps it again, in the final turn, then he runs over my bumper in the lead in to the esses... which is simply stupid. You're not going to pass there, you're actually hurting yourself to not give a little room there, because you take away any run you get on the tricky fast left hander that leads up the hill. So this idiot hothead drove himself out of the race and knocks me out of a podium finish in a really competitive A+/A lobby that I had started a few spots back in. This is garbage gaming and BS race craft that doesn't belong in the game, at least not without consequences.

honestly as soon as he started bumping you coming over the top of the hill I'd have started drifting hard left to run him into the grass. He decided that you "passed him unfairly" and thus he should not lose a position. Unfortunately reality differs with him.

I'm going to play devil's advocate here and say I don't think any of this was malicious, or even incompetent (except maybe for the entry to the chicane). The first bump after the chicane is, I think, because he was trying to regain control after the Alfa got squirrelly off the outside kerb. Into the right hander, he isn't actually trying to get by, and I would say he brakes relatively early, just not as early as you.

If he really wanted to wreck you, he would have run you off at T1.

Just my perspective with no dog in the fight.

I've run maybe a hundred or so practice laps at NGP this week for Race C. I'm not qualifying as well as I'd hope I would but I was planning on working on it. But I did one race last night and two today and in every one of them I got blown up so badly by the fourth turn of lap one that my race was over. This is not a strategic race like I hoped it would be. It amounts to being the biggest unpenalized bully on the first lap, and then proceed for nine more laps with no real overtake opportunities.

To make it all worse, I just got completely humiliated in a PM from one of our own forum members, and a TPC member to boot (I mistakenly thought he was a TCR member) calling me names and assuming the worst about me (I'm malicious, I didn't bother practicing, I'm out to ruin his race, etc.). I'm flummoxed that one of our own would behave in such a way to another forum member who is very public about trying to race clean and be fair.

I had a rough start with the T1 dive-bombers and my tires got so overheated by T4 that I couldn't control the car anymore and I was all over the track. In all fairness to the other person (I don't know if you'll see this) I watched the replay to see what happened and I did see him turn into me as I was trying to find my way through the crowd. At least that's how it appeared to me. I deleted the replay before I got dressed down so I can't go back and double check, but that's how I saw it. That many cars going into T2 without being able to see to my sides is difficult under the best circumstances, and this wasn't that. I made mistakes, but nothing was intentional. I think you all know me well enough by now to know that about me.

I'm a bit sickened that a GTPlanet member would assume that about me and take the time to send a series of unkind messages. I was so busy trying to respond that I got kicked out of the race I was in (another last place effort after getting booted at the chicane) for being on the pause screen too long.

Anyway, this race is a disaster. I had high hopes this week, but I don't believe I'll be racing it again. And in all honesty my joy for this forum is a bit tarnished for a while as well. I think maybe I'm stepping back for a bit . . .
I don’t know the details to your story, but reading how serious you take this is disheartening. Get back on the horse and relax. I know it’s easy to say, but honestly, the ability to do so is a huge part of racing. You got this! 🤙🏻

I'm going to play devil's advocate here and say I don't think any of this was malicious, or even incompetent (except maybe for the entry to the chicane). The first bump after the chicane is, I think, because he was trying to regain control after the Alfa got squirrelly off the outside kerb. Into the right hander, he isn't actually trying to get by, and I would say he brakes relatively early, just not as early as you.

If he really wanted to wreck you, he would have run you off at T1.

Just my perspective with no dog in the fight.
It doesn't matter if it was malicious. It's absolute crap driving, that's my point. And I get screwed because of it. Over. And Over. And over. This game is busted. I don't want to argue whether it was on purpose. He was at fault for it and it was ruinous to my race. I'm sick of it. I'm not looking for refereeing. I know enough to know what happened. I'm not debating what happened. I'm showing that this is the state of affairs in this game in the NA region.

By the way, you're wrong, as the devil's advocate. He purposely hit me in the door after he tank slapped to try to put me off. He must have thought I initiated the contact in the second part of the chicane, which is a joke because I hadn't touched him and he lost the rear end a second time.

Here's my next attempt at it. Again: top split. A+ drivers throughout the field. And this guy looks like he's playing Drift Legends. FROM 7TH PLACE! So not only do I have to be careful around him and hope that I don't get held up, watch what happens when he inevitable bins it. And don't give me any suggestion how to avoid him? I put my car all the way to the right, and I kept my foot in it 100% of the time, without even a lift... and yet, he hits me, knocks me out of the race, and HE GOES ON TO 7TH PLACE. NICE SIM PD! NICE PHYSICS MODEL WHEN A CAR DRIVEN THAT WAY CAN KEEP AHEAD OF A CAR DRIVEN PROPERLY.

I give up. It's a joke.

Every. Race.

Apologists don't even bother to @ me. This garbage is a joke. Again. Top Split. Robby Heck and other top guys are on the grid in these races. And these are the drivers we get to 'compete' with, while our DR (I DO CARE ABOUT THAT. IT'S THE POINT OF THE SYSTEM) gets slaughtered. I'm now solidly under 40k. And again, maybe a DOZEN legitimate passes for position lost over that timeframe from A+ to the current rating.

honestly as soon as he started bumping you coming over the top of the hill I'd have started drifting hard left to run him into the grass. He decided that you "passed him unfairly" and thus he should not lose a position. Unfortunately reality differs with him.
Every time I try to do that, I end up the one screwed. It's just so. I try to race clean. Period. He doored me and I knew he was gonna off me in the next sequence. There was nothing I could do. That's the problem with this environment. The cheaters are being rewarded.

I'd pay a subscription fee for a moderated racing environment in this game. I would.

Last edited:
I will say one more time, some of you guys need to try the Z4. It legit has pace, this track is custom made for it.
Word! I love the Z4. Fits my driving style well. Not just on NGP.

On a different note. I read some frustration here on driving. To those of you that are looking for speed, I really recommend the “Speed Secrets” books. It’s easy to read and understand. After that get seat time. Cars and tuning aren’t as important as they seem in the beginning and middle 😜🤙🏻

Last edited:
It doesn't matter if it was malicious. It's absolute crap driving, that's my point. And I get screwed because of it. Over. And Over. And over. This game is busted. I don't want to argue whether it was on purpose. He was at fault for it and it was ruinous to my race. I'm sick of it. I'm not looking for refereeing. I know enough to know what happened. I'm not debating what happened. I'm showing that this is the state of affairs in this game in the NA region.

Here's my next attempt at it. Again: top split. A+ drivers throughout the field. And this guy looks like he's playing Drift Legends. FROM 7TH PLACE! So not only do I have to be careful around him and hope that I don't get held up, watch what happens when he inevitable bins it. And don't give me any suggestion how to avoid him? I put my car all the way to the right, and I kept my foot in it 100% of the time, without even a lift... and yet, he hits me, knocks me out of the race, and HE GOES ON TO 7TH PLACE. NICE SIM PD! NICE PHYSICS MODEL WHEN A CAR DRIVEN THAT WAY CAN KEEP AHEAD OF A CAR DRIVEN PROPERLY.

I give up. It's a joke.

Every. Race.

Apologists don't even bother to @ me. This garbage is a joke. Again. Top Split. Robby Heck and other top guys are on the grid in these races. And these are the drivers we get to 'compete' with, while our DR (I DO CARE ABOUT THAT. IT'S THE POINT OF THE SYSTEM) gets slaughtered. I'm now solidly under 40k. And again, maybe a DOZEN legitimate passes for position lost over that timeframe from A+ to the current rating.

i keep thinking of the whole "dog poo on the sidewalk" analogy with these scenarios/posts...

For you lovely Alfa runners, I have shared a 1:24.6 set on my alt account after a few laps with the same tags (gtp3, gtp3b).

I'm honestly surprised I haven't seen more of them, it drives very well and I think I could easily set a low 24 in it with a half hour or so's driving.

A couple more race As today. Still fun, IMO. Was able to make it through the first chicane pretty unscathed. Seems like people are getting used to this can and its braking points. Honestly, I think people are just so used to driving Gr3 cars around Monza, you just have to realize this McLaren P1 GTR is faster than a Gr3 car with less braking ability (the BoP actually increases the power and decreases the weight of the P1!). Once you learn the new braking points, it's all good. I think more people are trying it out as I've seen more A+ and A level drivers partaking. And, if nothing else, it's something different!

Been in a handful of races with @BenRod . Not sure if he still frequents this place, but if so, cheers!

033285e20e55998282dfaa995ae3c9a7_photo.webp

4592f2eb2a40b597beb741aac8cd5b8b_photo.webp

I haven't touched B or C this week. Zero interest in either. I do like Road Atlanta, but after the RBR TT there followed shortly by the Manu race there (in Gr4 cars mind you) I have little interest in taking Gr4 cars around there again. And, generally speaking, Gr4 cars bore me. As far as C... it's been done. Just can't be bothered... having more fun at A. For those who haven't given A its fair shake, you're missing out.

Back