GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,024 comments
I know what you mean. Yesterday, I started off in race A. The car is the new Civic Type R.
Not a fun experience. The power-on understeer is horrific. :yuck:

I migrated to race B, and even though I'm curious about the new Mazda, I couldn't bring myself to hop into another FF car.
I just picked from the bottom of my "Last Used" list. I tried the SLS, GT-R, Megane Trophy, F-Type, and WRX.
I didn't do very well in any of them. I liked the racing, though. My SR was at A, but went to S after the first race. Then I had a bunch of races that didn't load. I ended the day at B. :grumpy:

The problem I now have is wanting to make sure I get into the top-split races next week at SSRX, but not confident that the game will allow me to get there. Even if I have clean races, they may be followed by more lobby failures. :indiff:

Since they are aware of the issue, it would be nice if they reinstated our SR points.
They won't reinstate our points.

They will pretend it didn't happen drip feed content they already had lined up and move on.

At best we will get an engine ticket. Absolutely fantastic as someone that plays mostly online.

I don't race for the credits or the tickets, loads do and that is cool and good.

My play time is humans and I don't mind if others are faster/better

Edit: since the bug I'm almost dr A again sr is S and the lobbies aren't full mostly.

Last edited:
What %tage of players use a wheel relative to their DR?

A+/A......90%
B......75%
C.....50%
D.....30%

Obviously I'm guessing, but what do you guys think? I'm curious.
B to A wheel only, no assists but ABS weak or default depending on the track.

No markers or visual aids and either cockpit or bumper cam depending on my mood

Edit:

I would imagine that almost all of that is controller users with the upper levels being wheel users.

At the A+ level it's controller or good kit, setups and rigs. It not come home from work use your controller stuff

Edit2:

I'm not sure why it matters what control scheme. If you have a controller learn to go fast with it? If you have a wheel and pedal learn to go fast with it.

And if your pace is your pace who cares? I genuinely look at my friends leaderboards and sometimes controller users are faster some times wheel users.

Last edited:
With all the support from here I did improve my time to 2.00.1xx, about half a second, super happy with that. I also know I have another half a second if I just manage to keep a full lap together.

What I did was to enable the breaking zones as well as the racing line. I don't think that actually helped to improve precision or anything like that, but it did improve the situational awareness, and help to focus. Plus it looks really stupid in VR, but for races I don't care.

I also realize that I'm really fast in S1, however slightly slower in S2, but in S3 is when the ghost runs away from me. More laps needed.

Did two races B today.
Race 1: (No lobbygate) Q8, P8. Up to P5 in lap1 due to others fighting each other, down to 11 in lap2 after a leaving the track penalty, then worked my way back up to 8. Super happy! Saved the replay so will pick up a pillow to hide behind as I watch it.

Race 2: (Lobby 20 minutes, so only me and another driver left when race started) Q5, P1. A bit contact in corner 1 and 2, 90% sure it was not me to blame, I defended the racing line fairly and even gave a bit space, but since I wasn't able to save the replay I cannot say for certain. Finished 8 seconds ahead.

Glitches and all, I love this game! Just wish I was 30 and not 60.

With all the support from here I did improve my time to 2.00.1xx, about half a second, super happy with that. I also know I have another half a second if I just manage to keep a full lap together.

What I did was to enable the breaking zones as well as the racing line. I don't think that actually helped to improve precision or anything like that, but it did improve the situational awareness, and help to focus. Plus it looks really stupid in VR, but for races I don't care.

I also realize that I'm really fast in S1, however slightly slower in S2, but in S3 is when the ghost runs away from me. More laps needed.

Did two races B today.
Race 1: (No lobbygate) Q8, P8. Up to P5 in lap1 due to others fighting each other, down to 11 in lap2 after a leaving the track penalty, then worked my way back up to 8. Super happy! Saved the replay so will pick up a pillow to hide behind as I watch it.

Race 2: (Lobby 20 minutes, so only me and another driver left when race started) Q5, P1. A bit contact in corner 1 and 2, 90% sure it was not me to blame, I defended the racing line fairly and even gave a bit space, but since I wasn't able to save the replay I cannot say for certain. Finished 8 seconds ahead.

Glitches and all, I love this game! Just wish I was 30 and not 60.
Take the initial hit and don't use the markers. Learn to brake more consistently it feels slower but it's faster.

A lot of people see the brake as a binary thing. It's not and it's ok coast.

Take that step up and work on your driving to go fast. I promise you it pays dividends when you aren't watching braking zones but more comfortable braking slowly and picking your lines.

The problem with the markers is people attack them, you don't need to do that. You are faster braking on the line rather than as late as possible.

I think just as early doors watching is that people hunt fuller lobbies in Forza. And the racing is cleanish on the streams as everyone adjusts to the handling.

I don't think anyone has found a Goldilocks rotation for races, LFM is close but even that has dead silverstone lobbies.

Just harking back to GTR 2 or GT Legends, they worked a lot better in that it was race to win/real lobby races and you had choices.

These slot based things really don't work for me outside of the events and even then I can't do most of them for life reasons.
Yeah agree when some new happens everyone is drawn to that thing so will be interesting to see that plays out in the next 6 months.

Maybe even 2 track rotation for 3 daily races might work. Definitely don't want to over do it, but would be nice to have that little bit of verity during the week.

Im not sure what rank you are but for me who is DR B, one of my weakness is consistency in braking which loses me time. I've never used the braking visual aid but I know if I was to try it, my braking would improve alot which would then mean I have more consistent lap times. The problem I've found though with these aids is that sometimes they are not correct and are actually slower

I'm tickled pink that I'm surviving in DR A land. I realize this is an odd week with the glitching, and the Mazda3 being a less-than-ideal meta car that I somehow seem to drive decently. I'm already up to DR A 20%.

1696540695250.png

1696540677104.png

I'm still unsure as to why so many people are having problems with this track. I've been passed occasionally, but most of the time the people behind seem to get themselves into trouble, leaving me with a nice gap.

The place where I'm having the most trouble is the Esses at the end. I'm at the point now where I lift going over the rise, and stay half-throttle until I make the last corner. That way at least I don't crash into the wall. It gives people a chance to catch up, but oddly that hasn't been an issue, due to the gap I've been building up during each lap.

I kind-of feel like I'm in the twilight zone. It may come crashing down, but I don't feel like an imposter, so who knows? Anyway, I'm having fun. I hope y'all are too.

All of those percentages are probably too high. There are a lot more controller users playing the game.
I agree, though I do think it increases significantly as the rating gets higher.

My guess would be that at level B it’s still only like 15% or lower using a wheel and at level A it’s 20% or lower. It probably takes a big jump at A+. Like I wouldn’t be surprised if at A+ it’s much more thank half the players using a wheel.

My guess is that of the people who install the game initially, 1 out of every few hundred plays with a wheel. 0.2% or 0.4% something like that.

Last edited:
I certainly wouldn't vote yes on ranking restoration.

I had some very good races last week, in spite of everything. If they reinstated DR lost they would have to reinstate DR gained, too 😟

I certainly wouldn't vote yes on ranking restoration.

I had some very good races last week, in spite of everything. If they reinstated DR lost they would have to reinstate DR gained, too 😟

I would be in a similar position. I’ve had good races this week. I would not want that progress to be lost. In fact, I’d be mad.

I’d rather have a quick and simple update that if the race does not start within 5 minutes, it simply quit the race so everyone exits with no DR/SR loss. Also people would know that there is a max wait of just 5 minutes.

That said, I just had one of those glitched races where I raced myself. Still managed to lose my clean race bonus. Apparently I cut a corner… 😀

But doing it in a glitched race just seems wrong. I can't toss it back, of course, and honestly I wouldn't if I could. But it just feels wrong.

Any thoughts on this?

Revisiting this after entering a race with a mixed A+/A/B lobby even with a newer faster QT (1:59.171) I was in Q9 with the top 8 all in the 58s. Race glitched out for about 15 minutes and when it started I was the only car (see above). Do I feel bad about it? Not really.. ;) Will I happily take the +7% DR gain? Yes!!! :P Ironically with no ghost to chase or other cars on track to press me I drove worse than doing qualifying (picked up a penalty and lost CRB for cutting a corner :banghead: ). I think if this race had happened I would have been in the bottom 8 spots. I think when things sort itself out and all the drivers that are avoiding races this week come back it will be a shock to the system and will no doubt reset my DR. I don't drive well enough to be worthy of a 15% DR A rating. You could say it's glitched.

I go over to the left, shifting to 4th. Just as the bump crests, I let off the gas and add some brake. Turning right (obviously), I downshift to third then second, so I'm slowed down to the correct point where I can start accelerating again.

If done right, it's almost like that bump isn't even there, since I'm off the gas and already heading towards the right side.

Don't know if that helps or not.
I've started to do that line. I was studying DeBruin's recorded lap - he makes it look so easy. Not sure it helped but I did improve my QT so perhaps. I know I'm still losing time. Either quick sector 1 and slower sector 3 or quick sector 3 and slower somewhere else. That perfect lap is still out there.

Last edited:
What %tage of players use a wheel relative to their DR?

A+/A......90%
B......75%
C.....50%
D.....30%

Obviously I'm guessing, but what do you guys think? I'm curious.
Proud to be in the 10% then! All jokes aside, i think 90% is more realistic in the case of A+. I think the percentage of A lies somewhere around 20-30% of wheel users. I pride myself on playing with a PS4 controller on a PS4 and still nearing A+ but it's really time to get a wheel (and a PS5) if i want to make that jump. Most of the races i participate in include tyre management and it's near impossible to manage my tyres in those races while still keeping a raw pace with a Dualshock 4.

Last edited:
I think the numbers would probably surprise most of us on how many people are on a pad. I think most people at 75K+ DR are on wheels, but from what I can tell, most people in the A’s are still on controller.

I changed over to a wheel when I was still in the B’s, but that was purely to enhance my enjoyment with the game.

Last edited:
Done a few Race As and boy I’d be upset if I were Honda. There’s no way the Type R drives like that irl - terrible understeer followed by snap oversteer the minute you come off the gas or touch the brakes. And don’t get me started on the wheelspin under power.

Had a few hours on a twisty road in the new Type R this summer and it was planted. Admittedly, I wasn’t on a track, but I was driving quickly.

Last edited:
I think when things sort itself out and all the drivers that are avoiding races this week come back it will be a shock to the system and will no doubt reset my DR. I don't drive well enough to be worthy of a 15% DR A rating.
Yep, same here, except for my ridiculously high 27%. I mean, really? Sure, yeah, OK, I'm that good. A month from now, I'll be quoting Bull Durham. "I was in the Show once..."

Congrats!

I'm one away from Platinum myself. I just need to take a picture of some car on LaSarthe. I've been there for about a year; I just haven't' taken the time to do it.
That's the BMW right? I did that but did not get the trophy. I think it has to be the BMW in a LaSarthe race and I have not done the race yet. You can't just take the named car, put it on the track per CE and take a photo. Tried that; did't work. Let me know that quickest way to get this as I'm only 4 trophies away myself..

That's the BMW right? I did that but did not get the trophy. I think it has to be the BMW in a LaSarthe race and I have not done the race yet. You can't just take the named car, put it on the track per CE and take a photo. Tried that; did't work. Let me know that quickest way to get this as I'm only 4 trophies away myself..
For leman it is the Audi LMP car Joust one which you have to buy I think but I know nothing about scapes so you might be able to borrow/rent one?

It's a Gr3 BMW for the Nubergring photo trophy.

Will do; I'll try to post over the weekend (you've provided motivation!)
For leman it is the Audi LMP car Joust one which you have to buy I think but I know nothing about scapes so you might be able to borrow/rent one?

It's a Gr3 BMW for the Nubergring photo trophy.
This. Thanks for the reminder on which one!

While we are waiting for the fix I did the last of the trophies I needed to....

🏆

Edit better image
Congrats as that's no small task! I really need to start working on some of my offline tasks in there. I know a bunch of that stuff is gonna take forever, if GTSport is a solid indicator, anyway.

In our downtime I've been having fun in 'Sport. Bunch of folks over there trying to knock-out platinum before shutdiwn. Had a couple scenarios where people are like "trynna get my trophy" in pre-race chat. I'm sittin' pole on a bunch of races so I just drop to the back and have fun working back up through. Monza in Gr.4 is probably one of my fastest combos so it's been a blast. The biggest eye-opener, though, is how much different you race when you simply and truly DO NOT CARE what happens to your DR. I say I don't care about DR regularly but, and if I'm being honest with myself, that's not possible in an 'active' game. I don't consider 'Sport active so am guessing that is the big difference. Completed all that so there's nothing to lose/gain, only the fun is left.

@Chris30 I simply CANNOT drive the Bug' with the AT with any success at Monza. My best is 1:56.367 not matter how hard I try. I know you were looking for some guidance and had specified the AT but that has proven a far greater challenge than expected.😁

Anyway, I'm hoping to jump into '7 Sat/Sun morning just to run TM a couple times. It's a great track and the competition here is really good. A little too 'full contact' at times, but still a great place to race. See y'all out there!

:cheers:

Congrats as that's no small task! I really need to start working on some of my offline tasks in there. I know a bunch of that stuff is gonna take forever, if GTSport is a solid indicator, anyway.

In our downtime I've been having fun in 'Sport. Bunch of folks over there trying to knock-out platinum before shutdiwn. Had a couple scenarios where people are like "trynna get my trophy" in pre-race chat. I'm sittin' pole on a bunch of races so I just drop to the back and have fun working back up through. Monza in Gr.4 is probably one of my fastest combos so it's been a blast. The biggest eye-opener, though, is how much different you race when you simply and truly DO NOT CARE what happens to your DR. I say I don't care about DR regularly but, and if I'm being honest with myself, that's not possible in an 'active' game. I don't consider 'Sport active so am guessing that is the big difference. Completed all that so there's nothing to lose/gain, only the fun is left.

@Chris30 I simply CANNOT drive the Bug' with the AT with any success at Monza. My best is 1:56.367 not matter how hard I try. I know you were looking for some guidance and had specified the AT but that has proven a far greater challenge than expected.😁

Anyway, I'm hoping to jump into '7 Sat/Sun morning just to run TM a couple times. It's a great track and the competition here is really good. A little too 'full contact' at times, but still a great place to race. See y'all out there!

:cheers:
As I posted on YouTube I'm almost exclusively online racing but early days of the game I was doing some of the other things.

The upshot is:

90,000 miles
3,100 hours
3,700 races online
300 odd wins
1,800 top 5s
Golds on licences and circuit experiences

A lot of time, that said it's the only real game I play on PS5 since launch.

Did complete the Portal games and Subliminal on switch recently as well. They are all worth playing btw if you haven't!

The actual hardest parts were the 100 scapes photos and winning 10 dirt races until I found out custom races count so 1 lap sardegna 6x in a row saw me to victory 🤣

The grind for the legends cars and waiting for the rotation is a crappy trophy and game design as well if you are purely looking to get the platinum.

This is my first platinum trophy in 30+ years of gaming as well!

Take the initial hit and don't use the markers. Learn to brake more consistently it feels slower but it's faster.

A lot of people see the brake as a binary thing. It's not and it's ok coast.

Take that step up and work on your driving to go fast. I promise you it pays dividends when you aren't watching braking zones but more comfortable braking slowly and picking your lines.

The problem with the markers is people attack them, you don't need to do that. You are faster braking on the line rather than as late as possible.
I've done 100 races without the markers, but I'm too inconsistent. The markers really helped. It looks terrible in the VR, but it shaved half a second off my QT. But I agree on your point. These really are training wheels, and need to come off at some point.

Meanwhile I figured out what is really missing. I have the G pro wheel, 3D headset, the PSVR2, but the seat is a p.o.s. New seat ordered, 500€ spent, here I go! Look out!

Last edited:
Long rant ahead...

What the hell is going on today in Sport Mode? Did most of the decent players jump ship and move on to Forza?

I did 2 races on my B account (low A/S) and both times, almost everyone else had a B or C sportsmanship rating and OMG it showed!!!

The amount of times I was rammed - not hit - ABSOLUTELY TORPEDOED on purpose was insane! Not to forget the endless ramming and shoving to compliment this disgusting behaviour!!

After both races, where I never was the one to cause contact, my SR actually dropped to A?! Race 2 takes the cake, as at least I had my revenge just by driving the complete opposite way of the others, CLEANLY!

I started P8 but 30 seconds into Lap 2, I was already last, not managing to deal with yet another missile... HOWEVER...

With 1.5 laps to go, I kept my head and started climbing up the ladder... On the final sprint to the finish line, I manage to reclaim the 6th, 7th and 8th total overtakes in 150 seconds to finish P7 and shouting/ swearing at the tv in delight 😂😎

Still, the state of the standards I have encountered is disgraceful. Btw, only 2 players got a penalty during that race... At least 10 should have been awarded against those crashing into me!

On a different note, also shoved a tenth from my qualy time, driving the Mazda now, for a 1:58:8 😁

Attachments

• 18b0646764680-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18b0646764680-screenshotUrl.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 12

Latest Posts

Back