GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,024 comments
Long rant ahead...

What the hell is going on today in Sport Mode? Did most of the decent players jump ship and move on to Forza?

I did 2 races on my B account (low A/S) and both times, almost everyone else had a B or C sportsmanship rating and OMG it showed!!!

The amount of times I was rammed - not hit - ABSOLUTELY TORPEDOED on purpose was insane! Not to forget the endless ramming and shoving to compliment this disgusting behaviour!!

After both races, where I never was the one to cause contact, my SR actually dropped to A?! Race 2 takes the cake, as at least I had my revenge just by driving the complete opposite way of the others, CLEANLY!

I started P8 but 30 seconds into Lap 2, I was already last, not managing to deal with yet another missile... HOWEVER...

With 1.5 laps to go, I kept my head and started climbing up the ladder... On the final sprint to the finish line, I manage to reclaim the 6th, 7th and 8th total overtakes in 150 seconds to finish P7 and shouting/ swearing at the tv in delight 😂😎

Still, the state of the standards I have encountered is disgraceful. Btw, only 2 players got a penalty during that race... At least 10 should have been awarded against those crashing into me!

On a different note, also shoved a tenth from my qualy time, driving the Mazda now, for a 1:58:8 😁

Basically yes.

I had 5 decent all loaded fine lobbies and then the broken ones.

4 of us raced and each time someone torpedoed from a second back I mean I know the Mazda is op but come on...

I also think it's a little bit Friday night crowed rocking up and not liking being shown the subtle door when they can't keep up with my MCL

I've done 100 races without the markers, but I'm too inconsistent. The markers really helped. It looks terrible in the VR, but it shaved half a second off my QT. But I agree on your point. These really are training wheels, and need to come off at some point.

Meanwhile I figured out what is really missing. I have the G pro wheel, 3D headset, the PSVR2, but the seat is a p.o.s. New seat ordered, 500€ spent, here I go! Look out!
Use what works for you mate.

In VR it's quite tricky to spot braking markers because of the field of view. So use the visual aids you need. It is what they are there for.

Also a seat and headset will not make you faster. Just saying ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Long rant ahead...

What the hell is going on today in Sport Mode? Did most of the decent players jump ship and move on to Forza?

I did 2 races on my B account (low A/S) and both times, almost everyone else had a B or C sportsmanship rating and OMG it showed!!!

The amount of times I was rammed - not hit - ABSOLUTELY TORPEDOED on purpose was insane! Not to forget the endless ramming and shoving to compliment this disgusting behaviour!!

After both races, where I never was the one to cause contact, my SR actually dropped to A?! Race 2 takes the cake, as at least I had my revenge just by driving the complete opposite way of the others, CLEANLY!

I started P8 but 30 seconds into Lap 2, I was already last, not managing to deal with yet another missile... HOWEVER...

With 1.5 laps to go, I kept my head and started climbing up the ladder... On the final sprint to the finish line, I manage to reclaim the 6th, 7th and 8th total overtakes in 150 seconds to finish P7 and shouting/ swearing at the tv in delight 😂😎

Still, the state of the standards I have encountered is disgraceful. Btw, only 2 players got a penalty during that race... At least 10 should have been awarded against those crashing into me!

On a different note, also shoved a tenth from my qualy time, driving the Mazda now, for a 1:58:8 😁

Most people are probably not playing because of the server/loading issues. I'm not - no point.

Have they fixed the hanging bug?

I entered six Race Bs today, and they all started normally.
I learned from experience never to say that out loud. :lol:
I didn't have quite the same experience, but last night and today there was a hell of a lot more pushing, shoving, and nasty driving.
Why do the daily races only freeze when I'm on pole?
Well that truly sucks.
Most people are probably not playing because of the server/loading issues. I'm not - no point.
I'm about to jinx myself (see above), but it seems to have gotten much better. I've also found that holding my hands out and wiggling my fingers trying to "will" a good start seems to help. (No, I don't really think that will help, but yes, I still do it. It's about as likely to help as some of the things I, and others, have suggested!)

Basically yes.

I had 5 decent all loaded fine lobbies and then the broken ones.

4 of us raced and each time someone torpedoed from a second back I mean I know the Mazda is op but come on...

I also think it's a little bit Friday night crowed rocking up and not liking being shown the subtle door when they can't keep up with my MCL

Use what works for you mate.

In VR it's quite tricky to spot braking markers because of the field of view. So use the visual aids you need. It is what they are there for.

Also a seat and headset will not make you faster. Just saying ;)
I'm confident that the new seat (with that new car smell) will get me a second on TM, if not I'll be very disapoooooointed!

I just finished a Race B with just 8 starters...and 4 of them got stuck when the rolling start began. Luckily I wasn't one of them, but my McLaren (I preferred it to the Mazda) was no match for the remaining Mazdas.

DK
I just finished a Race B with just 8 starters...and 4 of them got stuck when the rolling start began. Luckily I wasn't one of them, but my McLaren (I preferred it to the Mazda) was no match for the remaining Mazdas.
Same on the 650, I'm lap time faster but the Mazdas have to drive so aggressive to make the times.

So some races I can lead or get in the mix but if you have an aggressive Mazda guy behind I just let them through now and hope they stick it in the wall somewhere.

I hate the Mazda but I'm way slower in QT in the other cars. I keep thinking "OK, this time it will be different", and I'm a second and a half slower. So I go back to the boat, um, Mazda.
The Mazda is the car of the moment on B, there are a couple of others but they need a very different driving style to get the most from and it's hard to switch between the two.

You also have to be comfortable using something like the 650 in that you will get caught on the straights but race round people on the corners as the 650 absolutely kills the Mazda in race on corner speed and exit. It just runs out of puff.

I'd be quicker in the Mazda but after to FF time trials I'm cool with grinding out results at the mo.

I quite like the Mazda now. But you have to get your dampers dialed correctly to allow it to put the power down correctly. Get it wrong and it spins its wheels too easily, losing traction in braking/turn-in/acceleration.

Still the 650S nips at my rear in the corners...

Last edited:
Most people are probably playing because it's Friday and nations tomorrow?

Are the consistent players who try play everyday playing?

No. Except me and all the others glutton for punishment.

I think in reality most people don't even know there is a problem.
Maybe, but techno is near top split, if not in top split, and I imagine that means there's a higher percentage of non-casual players, I imagine this extends down a few ranks too and the people who take it seriously trying to rank up to A/A+ are giving it a miss.

Anyway I can't get rid of this smiley face, it literally wont let me delete it so.. enjoy?
:)

Last edited:
Anyway I can't get rid of this smiley face, it literally wont let me delete it so.. enjoy?
Assuming you're being serious, use the button on the upper right of the message that looks like this: [ ] and has a tooltip that says "Toggle BB Code". Then you can delete whatever you want.

Remember to turn it off when you're done. If you're not sure if it's on or not, if the editing controls in the upper left, like Bold, Italic, etc are disabled, you're still in BB Code mode.

What an annoying week, only get an hour or so each night to race, managed only 2 race's each night with all the waiting.
Always seems the first race of the night runs fine then hanging from there on.
Nearly back to "A" tonight and got my QT down to 1.58.702 in the 458, I just can't drive that Mazda!
This was the last race for today, only B in the room

Attachments

• 18b071853a662-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18b071853a662-screenshotUrl.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 12
@TheNormsk Dude, what the heck??!! 1:58.984??? Was it just 3 great sections, or did you figure something out? And what damper settings are you using?

I did better than that! 😁 1:58.877

I think I finally got my ultimate damper tune. I think I’ve still got more time to get as well as it was a still less than perfect lap.

IMG_7442.jpeg

Last edited:
What's the longest you've had a race hang and actually start? I just waited about half an hour and was looking forward to an auto-win or 1v1, but it dropped out of the loading screen like the race was a scratch - no effect on DR/SR like a quit/DNF would have caused. Seems like there's a limit where it just kills the race.

e: Closing in on another half hour, betting on a scratch. Enough people have figured out this is a waste of time I'm getting mixed SR D/S grids. You'd think I would take the hint.

Yep, 30 minutes on the dot again, guess we got rained out.

Last edited:
If my race started, then it usually started within about 20 minutes. I had one go to 40 minutes before it exited out without any race.

Currently waiting for my fourth race tonight. Out of four only one started on time with a full grid. The other two started within one to five minutes. The fourth race I’m waiting on.

Last edited:
My fourth race started in around 5 minutes. So tonight has been better than other nights I raced.

What was interesting tonight was that on all of the three glitched races there were either one or two cars left stationary on the last esses coming out of the last tunnel. That was a bit disconcerting the first time I came across it because you actually had to drift off your racing line to avoid the cars. I don’t know if they would’ve just ghosted if you plowed through them but I didn’t want to take the chance.

Last edited:
This week so far as been such a weird one. Like @GrumpyOldMan I currently am not sure what to make of it. My DR progress has been meteoric this week where I have also had some really good racing but some really weird races; like where I was the only car.

In 10 races I have gone from 88% DR B to 29% DR A. A climb of 7400 points.

Screenshot 2023-10-06 at 11.42.47 PM.png

Now I'm not sure if that is because of the glitched races (it's not harming it) of if it is deserved because I seriously committed to learning this track and car combo this week. For QT I have managed to progress to nipping at the heals of @Nebuc72 (our resident almost 👽 ) and being just outside the top 1000 (currently 1091 as of this typing) global top times.

Tonight I had three glitched races and one full race. Apart from one race where I overshot the corner at the top of the hill while trying to pass a 650S because I forgot the braking point until too late (I ended up 6th) I either came 4th (where I started) or 2nd. If I look at my times they appear to be competitive to other DR A players and it is pretty consistent. Looking at the ending positions I appear to be bunched in with the leading pack for the most part and then it gaps.

Race 1 - Glitched (11 cars on grid but 2 non started)
Screenshot 2023-10-07 at 12.04.16 AM.png

This is the race I messed up on. Total race time was 8:14.897. This one was slow.

Race 2 - Glitched (14 cars on grid but 1 non started)
Screenshot 2023-10-07 at 12.07.08 AM.png

Total race time 8:09.190

Race 3 - Normal race with 16 cars
Screenshot 2023-10-07 at 12.09.40 AM.png

Total race time 8:13.746

In was noticeable that there was much more "racing" and fighting for position in this race that caused a loss of time over the prior race. Also a penalty on lap 1 lost several seconds and a spot that I then fought for to get back...

Race 4 - Glitched race (8 cars on grid but 2 non started)
Screenshot 2023-10-07 at 12.14.16 AM.png

Total race time 8:08.330

My fastest race of the night with the following lap times.
Screenshot 2023-10-07 at 12.17.06 AM.png

So I still can't quite make out how competitive I may be when I am presented by a full DR A grid. May I be annihilated by better drivers or with this level of performance can I expect a reasonable helping of competitive races? What do our resident mid DR A racers think?

Finally a side note. In the glitched races, each race had either one or two stationary cars left on the grid throughout the race in the esses after the last tunnel. It was most disconcerting the first time I encountered it as the stationary cars were on the racing line and I had to drift around them. Once I got used to them being there I just adjusted. I presume this was because the driver never quit the race but they weren't at their controller either. I don't understand how that works as this is a rolling start but those cars never even moved at the rolling start. Any idea how that works?

Last edited:
Back