GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 33,803 comments
Well, I can guarantee I didn't do that, so maybe you guys are right.

Have either of you noticed that (most) everyone doesn't know how to drive this track very well? Or maybe it's just the B/C level drivers. I mean, this last race I started out third, finished third, and my times were abysmal. I totally sucked. Yet nobody (Bs and Cs) caught me. It's hard to be proud of a P3 when you drive like crap.
You could try my approach: start dead last as an A driver in an A+ lobby, get spun out by someone who goofed on turn 1 and then finish dead last, nearly getting lapped by the leader. It’s hard to be proud of that too! Several times, for that matter!

I’m done racing at this track this week. I just can’t find the extra tenths everyone else seems to have found.

Last edited:
Have either of you noticed that (most) everyone doesn't know how to drive this track very well?
Actually: yes. Myself included.🤪

But seriously, I needed quite a number of qualifying laps to figure it out and finally get a half-decent q time. Especially the final three turns were a mystery to me, but I finally got it, sort of.

But in the races I had a similar experience: I did them on my second account, without a qualifying time set, from the back of the grid. I'm almost right in the middle of DR B on that account. In the first one I went from 16th to finishing 8th, avoiding any kind of trouble and backing out of risky situations. And, seriously, for the first time ever I had the impression that I'm driving significantly better than the guys around me. Most of my overtakes I did after the left kink that leads into the long sweeping right hander. People didn't seem to know how to drive that one quickly. And twice on the home straight, I had the feeling that the driver behind me was going to overshoot the hairpin, which they both did. I stayed left, braked early, ol' switcheroo, never had to deal with them again. Maybe I'm finally learning something...😆

Sometimes you can just tell your race is gonna suck! It wasn't because I was starting from the back, it was because I saw that only 3 players (myself included) had an SR rating of S. Almost everyone was a C and a couple of B's thrown in the mix...

PD should create a Z-rating as this was absolute garbage "racing" and most went unpunished! So sad after such a great release for 25th Anniversary 🤐 Sport Mode needs work!

Has anyone received a Clean Race bonus in race B today? I ran a couple of races that I didn't think I had any contact in, yet no CR. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong and there was contact, but if so, it was barely a whisper. Just seems strange.
I got one, I very rarely get them too.
Mainly for corner cutting or going off rather than crashing into folk

Couldn't agree with you more!! Did you also get some lovely drivers in your lobby?
I get maybe 4 good races to 1 chaotic. Top of d rating and in top 5 most races so can be expected I avoid trouble

I just learned one reason why people might drive so aggressively in race B: I started 3rd. The lead car didn't negotiate the 1st turn very well, and I was trying to be respectful, and everyone piled up behind. But no contact on T1.

None on T2 either, but I was side-by-side with another guy (me on the outside) and I tried not to smack him, which meant all the cars stacked up behind us had a great chance at passing us, which many of them did.

I made a mistake on one of the last turns and got a .5 second penalty. Doesn't sound that bad, right? I hit the penalty area at around P5, and by the time I hit the first turn, I was 13th. Then I got knocked off the track later on, which honestly might have been my fault, and it was all over.

So now I'm thinking that playing nice on Lap 1 got me in all sorts of trouble. Which makes me understand people wanting to be aggressive - after all, there's only 4 laps, and that's not much time to recover.

I just learned one reason why people might drive so aggressively in race B: I started 3rd. The lead car didn't negotiate the 1st turn very well, and I was trying to be respectful, and everyone piled up behind. But no contact on T1.

None on T2 either, but I was side-by-side with another guy (me on the outside) and I tried not to smack him, which meant all the cars stacked up behind us had a great chance at passing us, which many of them did.

I made a mistake on one of the last turns and got a .5 second penalty. Doesn't sound that bad, right? I hit the penalty area at around P5, and by the time I hit the first turn, I was 13th. Then I got knocked off the track later on, which honestly might have been my fault, and it was all over.

So now I'm thinking that playing nice on Lap 1 got me in all sorts of trouble. Which makes me understand people wanting to be aggressive - after all, there's only 4 laps, and that's not much time to recover.
It aggravates me that they enforce the penalty at the fastest part of a track. It ends out being much more than a half second penalty because of all the lost momentum. They should enforce the penalty in a slower part of the circuit, or just apply it at the end of the race. Right now, with so few penalties applied in the first place, they’re really making them hurt for minor infractions. As with their entire penalty system, it all seems backwards.

It aggravates me that they enforce the penalty at the fastest part of a track. It ends out being much more than a half second penalty because of all the lost momentum. They should enforce the penalty in a slower part of the circuit, or just apply it at the end of the race. Right now, with so few penalties applied in the first place, they’re really making them hurt for minor infractions. As with their entire penalty system, it all seems backwards.
I hadn't even thought of it that way. Man, I wish someone from PD would act like they care what we think. We're the ones paying their salaries, by buying their game. Why can't they understand that all we want is to improve the game? I'd rather they fix the irritating things than give us new cars or tracks.

It reminds me of when I worked at a corporate job. Whenever they wanted to show their appreciation for us, they'd do something like take us out to a big lunch. Nobody wanted that - it's just time away from our busy jobs, meaning the work piled up for a few hours, and we still had to attend the lunch. What we all would have prefered, every one of us, would be to give us a couple of hours off (paid). Sure, the work would still pile up, but we'd have a couple of hours to ourselves. It would have actually cost them less money, because they wouldn't have had to buy the lunch.

Why are companies like this? Why can't they realize what their employees or customers really want, and spend time on that, rather than on stuff that doesn't really matter? I just don't get it.

I ran a few more C races in A/A+ lobbies. Finished near last, P7, and near last again. What I realized by watching who did what and finished where is that, even with the “better drivers,” you have to unapologetically shove everyone out of the way at every chance on the first lap, and then settle into the parade.

It’s a trash race and without any functioning penalty system this track will be a trash circuit for any other kind of race in the future. All people are going to do is push, punt, and pit their way around. What a waste.

Screenshot_20221203-233715_Chrome.jpg

Finally made it to c rating..going to be a while before I get a top 5 again

Here's some good PD logic for you: I was a B/C, and I was placed 3rd in this lobby, which is great:
1.jpg

I finished that race cleanly in 3rd, which put me back to B/B. So what reward did I get? How about in the next race, I was placed in 10th, with a bunch of A drivers ahead of me:
2.jpg

Gee thanks a lot. I considered ramming some people just to get back to B/C, but I got a .5 second penalty on the first turn, and with where the penalty line is in this race, I'm pretty sure after I served the penalty, I'd be last. So I just quit. I'm done with this **** for tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ran a few more C races in A/A+ lobbies. Finished near last, P7, and near last again. What I realized by watching who did what and finished where is that, even with the “better drivers,” you have to unapologetically shove everyone out of the way at every chance on the first lap, and then settle into the parade.

It’s a trash race and without any functioning penalty system this track will be a trash circuit for any other kind of race in the future. All people are going to do is push, punt, and pit their way around. What a waste.
This is not my experience at all in Asian top lobbies. I’ve been having some great racing in C with A and A+ drivers. No pushing or punting, plenty of side by side action and the occasional costly mistake. There have been a few aggressive peanuts and one very dirty driver, but they are in the minority by far.

Here's some good PD logic for you: I was a B/C, and I was placed 3rd in this lobby, which is great:
View attachment 1213185

I finished that race cleanly in 3rd, which put me back to B/B. So what reward did I get? How about in the next race, I was placed in 10th, with a bunch of A drivers ahead of me:
View attachment 1213186

Gee thanks a lot. I considered ramming some people just to get back to B/C, but I got a .5 second penalty on the first turn, and with where the penalty line is in this race, I'm pretty sure after I served the penalty, I'd be last. So I just quit. I'm done with this **** for tonight.
I can't wait for this week to end. I already hate the Alfa (and most 4wd), and because of it I'm also starting to hate Fuji. I still can't seem to find the best racing line to get anywhere near 1:42. Again, I hate how the Alfa turns, especially in the two 90 degrees corners. I'm always very cautious there because of the corner cutting penalty, and as people already said, even that 0.5s penalty can ruin your entire race since the penalty area is placed on one of the longest straights (Fuji is famous for it) and it is NOT just 0.5s....In the end, with the momentum and everything, it's more like 1.5 or 2s.
My DR is A and my qualifying time this week is 1:43.228, which is pretty slow compared to all the people I'm matched with, and I'm always put in last place. Best I can do is finish 10-11th thanks to people crashing, ramming each other and getting 0.5 to 4s penalties.

Last edited:
This week, I had won at Daily Race A thrice. The first two were on November 29 and 30 and both involved the Lambo V12 VGT at Monza. The third one happened on last night which involved the McLaren MP4/4 at Interlagos. All the three daily race I won last this week took place during the Increased Rewards Campaign.

Daily A is a lot of fun in the McLaren MP4.
Not really had too many dirty races. Most people seem to have a bit of trouble keeping it going forward. The grass is a killer for this car. Touch the grass and I find your spinning off.
Good fun though

Did a Manu race on the primary account yesterday and picked the 13 GTR. The GTR is twitchy in the dry, so the wet... yea that was interesting. Even still, after like three laps in the wet practice I knocked like a full second of my Corvette time from the 2 account so it definitely has the pace.

During the qualifying as the time ran out and a number of us were on our last laps I was sitting pretty in P2. Up in S1 on my time by almost .100", I clipped the curb on the outside of T13 (just after the quick right-left combo near the end of S2) and spun. ****! Ended up losing six places at the last minute and starting P8.

Despite having a couple of offs* during the rest of the race, after some passes and places gained by attrition I ended up with s solid result. Did I win? No. Podium? Also no. But, did bring her home for a top 5 (literally P5) despite a lot of pressure from a Porsche behind on the last couple of laps. Being in a lobby with A+s and a few As, after 36ish minutes of white knuckled driving I will take that.

But, all of that is besides the point. The real point here is to showcase the sweet livery done by @sturk0167

06bd091eaf8ad2b56ab9c95dccbb0cd5_photo.webp

6edf819996b6f8c6a962212acb3a5f87_photo.webp

3d3ebd5c0cfd60fa28f80e676ae5df95_photo.webp

36fc25c4e9847efb50a7806b217b37f1_photo.webp

45f35b316857ac8a8a883b2b3992675a_photo.webp

Lap 1:

89e52ad197edae448acaf6f13f685338_photo.webp

Lap 5:

1cc04e6daea52833a298ba9e33c2e1a6_photo.webp

*One of them was really odd. It was lap 10 and I had pitted for RH tires the lap before. Was coming into the final chicane with a Porsche right behind me. Get to the 150ish board and hit the brakes. Before I could even blink my car starts spinning and off the track I go; it was like the rears locked up. Thing is, the exact same thing happened to the Porsche. I thought maybe he hit me but I looked at the replay and he didn't. Was like synchronized spinning. The weird part was, this was the end of lap 10, the track was pretty dry and we were both on the dry line. Guess the "dry" line had a puddle and we both managed to hit it as we started braking.

It aggravates me that they enforce the penalty at the fastest part of a track. It ends out being much more than a half second penalty because of all the lost momentum. They should enforce the penalty in a slower part of the circuit
It depends on who gets the penalty. When you get a penalty, it's a stupid place to serve your time. When it's one of your competitors, it's pretty awesome. :lol:
These new wall penalties were SUCH a good idea! It's so much easier to defend positions now - just nudge your opponent into the wall and you get an automatic 5s buffer! 💩
Oh, just wait until tomorrow, when the B race changes to Gr.3 at Seaside. So many people will get blasted into the wall at the chicane of death. :banghead: Lots of race quitters because of that little section.

@Talon16 I wish I knew how to make decals. I would have made you the Talon Racing logo. Instead, it's 8 decals pieced together. I guess you noticed that in the livery editor.
Actually, if you go through all the individual decals in the editor, you can get an idea of how it's constructed, and maybe experiment with how to make your own designs. 👍

Last edited:
Shame the Lambo V12 VGT at Monza daily A ended a bit earlier, I was thinking I would continue with it in the weekend but oh well, only managed 30. It was fun though. I started tracking some stats of those races since the payout was pretty nice.

WEEK 48 // DAILY RACE A (600% BOOST) // CREDIT REWARDS

1: 3rd / 134,460 (CRB)
2: 6th / 98,868 (CRB)
3: 3rd / 134,460 (CRB)
4: 3rd / 134,460 (CRB)
5: 4th / 118,641 (CRB)
6: 3rd / 134,460 (CRB)
7: 1st / 229,374 (CRB)
8: 5th / 110,731 (CRB) [passing 1M (1,095,454)]
9: 5th / 110,731 (CRB)
10: 5th / 110,731 (CRB)
11: 2nd / 150,279 (CRB)
12: 2nd / 150,279 (CRB)
13: 4th / 118,641 (CRB)
14: 3rd / 134,460 (CRB)
15: 5th / 110,371 (CRB)
16: 3rd / 134,460 (CRB) [passing 2M (2,005,035)]
17: 4th / 118,641 (CRB)
18: 5th / 110,371 (CRB)
19: 4th / 118,641 (CRB)
20: 4th / 79,094
21: 4th / 118,641 (CRB)
22: 4th / 118,641 (CRB)
23: 5th / 110,371 (CRB)
24: 3rd / 89,640
25: 3rd / 134,460 (CRB) [passing 3M (3,003,535)]
26: 2nd / 150,279 (CRB)
27: 2nd / 150,279 (CRB)
28: 2nd / 150,279 (CRB)
29: 5th / 110,731 (CRB)
30: 4th / 118,641 (CRB)

TOTAL EARNINGS: 3,683,744
CLEAN RACE BONUS: 28/30 (93,33%)

RACE INFO: 5 laps / ~8m / ~31,5 kms
TOTAL LAPS: 150
TOTAL KMS: ~945 kms
TOTAL TIME SPENT: ~4 hours
POSITION STATS: 1st (1), 2nd (5), 3rd (8), 4th (8), 5th (7), 6th (1)

I can't wait for this week to end. I already hate the Alfa (and most 4wd), and because of it I'm also starting to hate Fuji. I still can't seem to find the best racing line to get anywhere near 1:42. Again, I hate how the Alfa turns, especially in the two 90 degrees corners. I'm always very cautious there because of the corner cutting penalty, and as people already said, even that 0.5s penalty can ruin your entire race since the penalty area is placed on one of the longest straights (Fuji is famous for it) and it is NOT just 0.5s....In the end, with the momentum and everything, it's more like 1.5 or 2s.
My DR is A and my qualifying time this week is 1:43.228, which is pretty slow compared to all the people I'm matched with, and I'm always put in last place. Best I can do is finish 10-11th thanks to people crashing, ramming each other and getting 0.5 to 4s penalties.
I'm enjoying Fuji at the moment, but could do without getting punted in a scrum on lap 1 or 2. Those days when I can drive mid-day (USA Mountain time) I've found the respect and care from the other racers is better than late afternoon/early evening. My times are slower than yours by a couple of seconds, which does put me in a different group. For my skill and driving style I find working on being smooth to work well in making up a few places during the race.
I don't have the time or endurance to race for hours in order to be more consistent/faster so at the end of the week I'm always bummed to have to start over on a new track car combo.

I hope next Race B on Dragon Trail will fill those 20 minutes period we have between each start.
I'm tired of ending a Fuji race and wait 8 minutes to get in the next lobby. 4 laps aren't enough.

I'm enjoying Fuji at the moment, but could do without getting punted in a scrum on lap 1 or 2. Those days when I can drive mid-day (USA Mountain time) I've found the respect and care from the other racers is better than late afternoon/early evening. My times are slower than yours by a couple of seconds, which does put me in a different group. For my skill and driving style I find working on being smooth to work well in making up a few places during the race.
I don't have the time or endurance to race for hours in order to be more consistent/faster so at the end of the week I'm always bummed to have to start over on a new track car combo.
This race has been great to me this week, I always did like Fuji and have countless hours/laps on that track over the years. I started the week as a low B/S and am now within one or two decent races of making DR A. Most of the races I have been in this week were predominantly A and A+ races and I usually started somewhere around 6th with a 42.902 quali, when I do get in a B race, I start first to third. I've had very few incidents of dirty driving this week, and the ones I do have are usually on the last lap where they will do anything to gain a position.

Wish I could say i had just one race C this week where I wasn't dive bombed on the esses but it wasn't to be. I lay off because of traffic or someone else is braking hard and....wham.

Managed middle of the pack in an all B race so at B rank now.

I hope next Race B on Dragon Trail will fill those 20 minutes period we have between each start.
I'm tired of ending a Fuji race and wait 8 minutes to get in the next lobby. 4 laps aren't enough.
What annoys me about this is they randomly give us a race that lasts a good amount of time before suddenly going back to tiny sprints.

Was it last week or so we had a 7 lap race B? Now it's 4 laps again and over in 10 minutes. Doesn't make any sense. Just consistently fill out to 15-17 minutes and everybody is happy.

What annoys me about this is they randomly give us a race that lasts a good amount of time before suddenly going back to tiny sprints.

Was it last week or so we had a 7 lap race B? Now it's 4 laps again and over in 10 minutes. Doesn't make any sense. Just consistently fill out to 15-17 minutes and everybody is happy.
I completely agree. If I could see some logic in why they make the decisions, then at least I'd have some idea what they were thinking. But adding one more lap to this week's Fuji would make total sense, and still leave plenty of time between races.

If any one can shed some light on this I'd appreciate It.
GT cup race 2 last night, I had the race of my life, driver rating went from a c to b 20 mins before the race so I was in a lobby full of driver from b up to a+ and the pressure was on, I started 9th and finished 3rd, So I was expecting around 300+ points. The race was clean withe a great battle with two nice clean racers pretty much start to finish, Yet I ended up with 69 points.
I used all 3 compound tyres, has one time penalty of 0.5 seconds, Didn't get a pit penalty, I just feel robbed and don't understand why 69 points.

Thanks in advance been a while since I've been here.

Hi hardvibes. I am 2 3rds along the B rating and have a similar Q time as you. Some thoughts from this week.
-It is a good thing I am not too hung up on winning because in 20+ races I started in 4th once and every other time I was 7th to 14th in a room with A+/A and a couple of B drivers. I was able to gain a few spots each race due to others infighting, but that just kept me in the same rating spot.... too slow to win and not bad enough to drop. The racing was not fun because I was never in it.
- I did find the racing at T1 very clean at the start, and I think people really tried hard not to be "that guy". But, as others have said, if they made it 5 or 6 laps then maybe there is even less scrapping. Also, with people taking different lines on the last turn and 2nd to last turn there would be more room to be spread out and get the line you want.
-I raced in the AR 155 most of the week because the WRX felt sluggish. Then I tried the WRX again and knocked 1/2 second off my QT.

Right now what I miss about GTSport is that I could manage to get the odd 1/2/3 starting position in Gr4 races but now I can't get close. I guess not enough B drivers on PS4?? It would be nice if I was not always starting mid/back against a field of drivers I can't catch..

I really dont want to fall to the back in a bunch or races on purposes to become a low B just to get a better starting spot. But it is not fun starting 11th every race...lol

cliffs.. why am I facing A+ and A racers??

Last edited:
@Talon16 I wish I knew how to make decals. I would have made you the Talon Racing logo. Instead, it's 8 decals pieced together. I guess you noticed that in the livery editor.
Actually, if you go through all the individual decals in the editor, you can get an idea of how it's constructed, and maybe experiment with how to make your own designs. 👍
I did jump into the livery editor but just for a few seconds. I am running this livery on both of my accounts, so all I did was add numbers to the c-panel (#16 & #67 respectfully) and changed the rear view mirror color on one of them. I wanted the cars to look like they were teammates and those are two things that teams often do to differentiate their two cars.

Untitled-1 copy.jpg

Anyway, appreciate the time it took. I'll take a better look at the editor for sure. Can't imagine that was easy!

As I likely won't be playing anymore today, that was a pretty fun Daily C. As the week went on and people were getting more used to the track/car combo, times were coming down and the racing was getting that much better.

b249074a5c1693de03b4a0adbc934d98_photo.webp

eb3a6bb970e782737e532971cd13929b_photo.webp

This is a no-fly zone, sir.

79687cbb5a257a7619cd03db2fc76165_photo.webp

5d64e76ed6543fd1dcbc987879a087d0_photo.webp

Last edited:
Been a quiet week for me so I’m defo in for some gr3 seaside this week! What’s the beta so far? Porsche/Nissan?

And, race A reminds me of the tuned mini race from when sport started on gt7, shame they don’t that one with SR/DR enabled! Awesome fun

Last edited:
Back