GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,732 comments
Wall crashing in daily A apparently...

Shaking Head Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

@Golty Yes, I need help with some of these tracks, I can't keep up with the crowd, even my friends list, I'm at the bottom, but it is what it is.

Did a dozen exploratory laps for each daily. Race B might be my go-to for the week. I have no desire to tune for Race A, and I lack the skill and patience for wicked fast cars in traffic for Race C at Interlagos - hell, racing Gr.4s there nearly broke me. 😅

Race A: 1:09.606 with a bone stock Jimny

Race B: 1:59.625 with a default NSX Gr.3

Race C: 1:22.521 with a Hyundai N 2025 VGT (Gr.1)

I like the AMG, I find it quite stable and it suits my style of driving. I'm just about to try the 911 now, I haven't even looked at the world ranks yet to see what's the go to car 👍
Great work, you got the top time on your leaderboard!! I see you used the AMG Group 3 car

Have barely played the last month but diving back in to the madness as I badly need some practice on this combo, with it on the schedule for the GTWS exhibitions.

Very slow as ever, only in the 59s so far with the RSR.

Do you guys know what other cars are stable for the NurbGP track, because I'm gonna do some qualifying tonight or tomorrow. Actually my favorite layout is the sprint track, it bypasses half of the obstacles. Not a huge fan of the big Nords track though.

@Mistah_MCA hey, is that you? Lol, why didn't PD just call it the Jimmy? Would make it more attracting. Thanks for the laugh, I may play around with the Jimny and smash it in the wall at Colorado Springs.

Last edited:
Had some decent racing at Watkins Glen over the weekend, until later in the evening when the beasties came out. Must have been a full moon. I liked that combo though.

Race C is the only one I'm interested in this week, just wish it wasn't a one make. Sigh. Can't say I'm interested in messing around with a Jimmy and Nurbs GP is my worse track.

Last edited:
Had some decent racing at Watkins Glen over the weekend, until later in the evening when the beasties came out. Must have been a full moon. I liked that combo though.

Race C is the only one I'm interested in this week, just wish it wasn't a one make. Sigh. Can't say I'm interested in messing around with a Jimmy and Nurbs GP is my worse track.
What about Interlagos? I normally suck at that track, the irony is I do better at the Ring(NurbGP). The PP restrictions mess up the fun of the A races. Yeah the C races last week provided huge amounts of money for winning. What's your PSN id? What tracks are you usually good at? Because the ones where I feel weak I need tips and advice.

Last edited:
I really don't like that statement bud.

Tidgney is faster than 99.9% of this forum with no "setup"

Does tweaking a bit of suspension and diff really make people that much faster that they can get in to the top 10 vs untuned cars?

And in the real world it's still all very very subjective....because abilities vary...it's why you or I could never lap a yellow bird round the ring as fast as Walter Rohl even if we set the car up how we like.

Generally people need to stop thinking setups are a silver bullet for lap times. If you can't hit a line or a braking/acceleration zone smoothly and cleanly no amount of setup is going to make you faster.

And on the topic of amateurs do it themselves, I'm pretty sure wedging massive engines in to Jimnys is a niche hobbie.

And finally, nobody "deserves" to lose DR purely because they haven't moved a few sliders that in your own words "tweak a car to the way you like to drive" [sic]

The problem is that a lot of people are so short sighted on these things.

There is already meta strategies in both races which makes it laughable really because people are tuning to win not their driving style. Sweeping generalisations are a bit meh tbh.
fast driver will be fast regardless of setup, it does nt mean they could not be faster if they knew how to set up a car. Ummm I am have won IRL TT event OVERALL even beating people in RUFs before...... they were not Walter Rohl though. now could I lap a yellowbird around the ring like Rohl? well probably not instantly, having access to yellowbird being the real biggest issue TBH.

I know I am much faster with set up at this point by like like 1000-1500 spots on the qualify leader board. Generally hate the Bop setup as they seem to not fit me at all, and adapting seems silly when a couple sliders "fix" the car. I also think you bring up Tigney brings up a great point, that basically default setup still works and unless you know what your trying to fix it pointless to tune/setup.

fast driver will be fast regardless of setup, it does nt mean they could not be faster if they knew how to set up a car. Ummm I am have won IRL TT event OVERALL even beating people in RUFs before...... they were not Walter Rohl though. now could I lap a yellowbird around the ring like Rohl? well probably not instantly, having access to yellowbird being the real biggest issue TBH.

I know I am much faster with set up at this point by like like 1000-1500 spots on the qualify leader board. Generally hate the Bop setup as they seem to not fit me at all, and adapting seems silly when a couple sliders "fix" the car. I also think you bring up Tigney brings up a great point, that basically default setup still works and unless you know what your trying to fix it pointless to tune/setup.
And I've won real world enduro twin engine karting winter series races.

:/

Knowing how to drive fast is probably the best starting point....settings are refinement.

But your statement was pretty poor mate. I'm not going to argue or debate this further. You do you and I'll do me and I'll try to be like Tidgney....rhymes 🤣

You should tune to how you drive and frankly if you do not know set up you deserve to lose DR on Daily B. Real race drivers know how to adjust cars even if they do not do the actual adjustment themselves(but amatuers do most things themselves)
And here we go again...
The vast majority of GT7 players in sport mode are not "real race drivers" and just want to "plug and play" some casual daylies.

If you are giving the chance to players with more time/knowledge to adjust BOP to perform even better than they do with the standard BOPs the gap between casuals and those people will be bigger and that could kill the game as we know it IMO.

I reckon there are other games (ACC, iracing etc) more focused on tunning cars as in real life than GT7, and as a proof of this you cant even save your setups in the sheets of GT7.

And here we go again...
The vast majority of GT7 players in sport mode are not "real race drivers" and just want to "plug and play" some casual daylies.

If you are giving the chance to players with more time/knowledge to adjust BOP to perform even better than they do with the standard BOPs the gap between casuals and those people will be bigger and that could kill the game as we know it IMO.

I reckon there are other games (ACC, iracing etc) more focused on tunning cars as in real life than GT7, and as a proof of this you cant even save your setups in the sheets of GT7.
you can save this week on daily a, but yeah the way they have done gr3 and gr4 setup has been annoying..

Just did Daily Race A on my alt. Won both of them thanks to the engine swap. Funny race but nothing more.

In the second race I even got insulted mid race and after for lapping someone. Like seriously? It's just a game and a throwaway daily race 😕

Lol, PD finds the most awkward car and track combos every week, ridiculous.

@Interemptor what things did they do to you during the race? Some people take the game way too seriously. I mean everyone should play fair and not cheat/be mean to others on the track.

I'd be happy as a clam if I can get my DR up to a level B, that would be nice!

Last edited:
Have not attempted any race B yet, just spent the last 30 chasing Tidgney's ghost around 🤣🤣 The second sector and the chicane especially is killing me, I am on course to break into the 55's and I always mess up that poxy chicane 🙈🙈 Anyway am stuck at 1:56.340, I might chance a race or 2 now. Was trying to set a good QT in the vain hope of a clean couple of races to build up my DR as I'm back to B/S again thanks to Watkins Glen 👍

Attachments

• 20240708_220526.jpg
    20240708_220526.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 7
@Interemptor what things did they do to you during the race? Some people take the game way too seriously. I mean everyone should play fair and not cheat/be mean to others on the track.
They just insulted me 😅 Called me lonely and such things during the race. After the race they threw some not so funny things at me that i won't write here 😂

To give you an idea of how unbalanced stock vs engine swap is. Once everyone does it, it'll be utterly bonkers.

Lol, that smoke was crazy!! It's like a drifting exercise. Lmao, player 5 got a penalty at the end.

Good start to the week 😀 1 more before I have to sleep 😴. The practice really helped as did @newmedia_dev's setup. Thanks for that 👍 Edit: Another win....I think I had better quit while I'm ahead 🤣🤣🤣

Attachments

• 20240708_224254.jpg
    20240708_224254.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240708_224217.jpg
    20240708_224217.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240708_230302.jpg
    20240708_230302.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
different topics but mods please merge if required, apologies

So this week my chasing ghost is Tidgney, he's in a stock car and my current fastest lap is disappointing because T1 and T2 are the worst I've done them all evening. Had I hit my previous T1&2 then this would have been a considerably faster lap. I'm still learning and not gonna lie @Tidgney teleporting at the start threw me a bit.

Enjoy 2 mins of a slow 1:56.2 following a stock car and I'm in a tuned one. But clearly not as good on the brakes or go pedal.

Awesome, my BB is way off. At -1.

@Tazzy-91 have a good night whenever you go to sleep! I play so much GT I'm surprised I don't dream about it.

Last edited:
Back