GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,012 comments
So more on my strange jumping of classes, I was AC and somehow, after jumping out of a race due some persons recklessness šŸ¤£ I went straight to BC - bizarre!

But @mellofello9 im diggin the Porsche I have to say and Iā€™m sticking with it for the weekend, struggling to get under 1.41.4xx with all kinds of late braking, early braking, 1st or 2nd out of corners, short shifting - so from here Iā€™m just enjoying the racing.

I really do love sardegna A such a racers race circuit, it simply has it all
FWIW, I'm running +1 on BB and it's been working out. Seems to free-up the fronts enough to turn instead of ploughing straight through apexes.

And am with you 100% on Sardegna. Absolutely love this place. T9 is my favorite hairpin in all of 'GT7-landia', tbh. Rewarding as hell when you get it right, rare as that may be. Also, great spot for an impromptu pass around the outside. Outbrake 'em, park it at their passenger door (or right side, for those across the pond šŸ˜) 'round the bend and steal the inside line through the right-hander. I open the door and invite people up the inside on that one all the time. Just gotta be sure to break overlap before T11. Whether that's you in front or them matters not, survival becomes the bigger issue.šŸ¤£

:cheers:

Last edited:
Thanks to successful weeks at Daytona and this week at Spa, I just got both accounts back to a B/S. No wins, just consistently top 5. My goal has been to qualify better because racing in the back of the pack sucks which, I better get used to as a DR-B.
My race position was so bad at Nurburgring last week that I quit as soon as I saw that Spa was next up and just practiced qualifyingā€¦ with the wrong car of course.

I get a little caught up in ranking and progressing through various levels but, when you consider that DR-A and above comprises the top 5% of all drivers and that DR-B is top 20%, my ranking becomes a little more palatable. (Numbers are my estimates from Dr-edge.com)
IMG_0704.jpeg
IMG_0702.jpeg

ā€¦Well, I wonā€™t be here long, qualified low, finished lowšŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø.
The guy who won has 16 races at Spa in the last 2 days, thatā€™s 1,671 laps, at 13 1/2 hours over a two day stretch.

Last edited:
I had a friend who is A like me, we are inconsistent and happy.

So we went to daily A qt2/3 team game.

Essentially I get shown a lot of wall and my wingman waits and we just have some fun at the back....or a 8 car grid.

The van race isn't for me but it's a fun race or a crap one but make friends and it's a happy race when results mean nothing.

Wow, I'm finding the van races quite addicting and amusing, they are heavy cars so you really don't need to brake much at all, there's some room between the walls. I've already done almost 20 races so far and I'm fixing to do a couple more before quitting for today.

Last edited:
I had a friend who is A like me, we are inconsistent and happy.

So we went to daily A qt2/3 team game.

Essentially I get shown a lot of wall and my wingman waits and we just have some fun at the back....or a 8 car grid.

The van race isn't for me but it's a fun race or a crap one but make friends and it's a happy race when results mean nothing.
I was wondering if anyone had success trying to team-up with someone/anyone for the Spa race? Seems two/three people working together on a race of that length could absolutely dominate those flying solo. I know, I know, good luck finding someone to team-up with and all, but the thought jumped in there. šŸ˜

EDIT
@newmedia_dev that was my favorite discovery about the A races...the lack of give a damn about finishing position completely alters the experience. I know it SHOULDN'T, as that should transfer to DR races as well, but it does. Well, for me anyway.

Haven't tried the van race yet but thanks for the idea/motivation. šŸ‘

Last edited:
Well I need to take a break tomorrow and Friday, I think I will have a fresh mind if I pace myself and not overdo it like the aliens do. It's not me, I need to just be myself and not be better than most people because what is important is making friends and learning from their driving and mistakes. I'm wrapping it up at Sardegna tonight. I am totally exhausted, I've only had 7 hours sleep in 2 days. It's not a walk in the park getting to the upper ranks, so practice makes perfect depending on how many hours you put into the hard work and labor.

EDIT: well another B race just froze, maybe that's a sign I should stop for now, I'm getting ready for bed. Good night, I've had enough craziness from the races.

Last edited:
I don't know how many races I'll do at Sardegna this week, but I'll spend some time there. I'm using the Supra but I've seen a nice variety of cars so far. I have a 1:41.7XX and I can probably get that down lower but I'm satisfied with my time.

My first race has me in P9 but I'm still within a few tenths of the leader so it's not so bad. Lots of contact in the opening moments of the race. I try a move around the outside entering the double 90 degree corners, but a driver cuts drifts into my line and I hit them. So naturally they retaliate and send me off track. I finish P8 with all of the spins, wrecks, and rage quits.

I start P9 again and lots of desperate moves on the first lap. I got bumped and passed and the person who did so threw blocks on me the rest of the race. They tried to slam me into the wall on the final 90 degree corner and took themselves out and I drove away to a P6 finish. I decide to call it a night to avoid any more of the chaos.

I might try out some other cars tomorrow and see what I can do with them. I'll probably just stick with the Supra as it's a nice option for me so far.

A perfect example of what I'm on about.

He's done this 3/4 times now this week. This was after we'd already raced this morning, he didn't do anything in race 1 but I finished miles clear of him in 2nd and he was miles down the order. This was the 2nd race, basically the same lobby so had a great chance of a win (my race pace is quicker than P1/P2). You can I purposely take a wide line because he was on me from the start somehow and I saw him making a move to the inside. Then he unquestionably just turns right in the middle of the corner to hit me off the track.

He got a 5 second penalty and ended up last but I had to come back from 15th to 9th.

Ugh. (I'm obviously in the Sky livery he hits)

In other news, I just saw I'm now just 0.001s off Tidgney (using a controller!)

1929970d4b989-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
To @Chris30 For you it would be a waste of time, because you are all about gaining and not losing DR and earning money. If I would lead the race and get disconnected, sure it would be really frustrating, but I would still had 23 practice laps, which I do easily till my qualifying time is ok'ish. Don't get me wrong Chris, but I read so many of your comments, that give me the feeling that you can't really enjoy a race. I'm also a bit nervous, before start and all, I had fantastic races, destroyed in the last corner by some idiot, whose mother was watching and she'll be so proud when little Kevin crosses the line in 5th instead of 6th šŸ‘šŸ™„ but I still enjoyed the race. I even look forward to the next one, cause the chanes to meet the bad driver again are high.
++ (not only for Chris 30)
And I have to admit,: boys, I was so wrong on the influence of BB, I should have been tared and feathered by you. But honestly, how can BB effect everything especially how it handles through corners. I use the BB now as a traction control. The Porsche rsr for example - I drove BB +1 everything else off. Twitchy, tends to have a lose tail, I lose a lot of time at the critical corners.
Bb-1 (a bit more breaking force to front wheels) and I can hardly make a mistake. The difference were nearly 3 seconds. That's unbelievable to me.. I don't get, why it's effecting the acceleration out of corners.
My time at sardegna A at the moment 1.42.835 in "ze" Porsche. But with the Genesis, nearly exact time (both on bb-1 tcs0 assistant off abs standard) my friendslist leader is once more Barney the Dog. I'm 33rd. Which must and will improve, but everybody is driving Race B this week.

Last edited:
But honestly, how can BB effect everything especially how it handles through corners.
More braking force loosens the opposite end. So if you move BB back, you're a bit looser due to oversteer as there's less force on the front end, move it forward and you're a bit "safer" or understeery under braking as the front wheels are a little more locked.

So if you have a car which is naturally a bit loose (such as the 911), you might need to stabilise it and give it a little more understeer with BB, and vice versa for cars which don't have a good natural turn in.
Twitchy, tends to have a lose tail, I lose a lot of time at the critical corners.

I don't get, why it's effecting the acceleration out of corners.
It's cause and effect. If you're twitchier and have a loose tail, you'll struggle under acceleration because your car isn't pointing in a straight line so you don't have maximum grip. BB itself won't impact the actual acceleration, but the "shape" of the car at the apex will.

Hopefully I've explained it okay?

As an example, at Sardegna I go with +1 for the Supra and +3 for the Genesis as I find the Supra is a little more wiggly under braking and turn in and the Genesis needs the help to rotate. (Those example are just my opinion)

Last edited:
To @Chris30 For you it would be a waste of time, because you are all about gaining and not losing DR and earning money. If I would lead the race and get disconnected, sure it would be really frustrating, but I would still had 23 practice laps, which I do easily till my qualifying time is ok'ish. Don't get me wrong Chris, but I read so many of your comments, that give me the feeling that you can't really enjoy a race. I'm also a bit nervous, before start and all, I had fantastic races, destroyed in the last corner by some idiot, whose mother was watching and she'll be so proud when little Kevin crosses the line in 5th instead of 6th šŸ‘šŸ™„ but I still enjoyed the race. I even look forward to the next one, cause the chanes to meet the bad driver again are high.
++ (not only for Chris 30)
And I have to admit,: boys, I was so wrong on the influence of BB, I should have been tared and feathered by you. But honestly, how can BB effect everything especially how it handles through corners. I use the BB now as a traction control. The Porsche rsr for example - I drove BB +1 everything else off. Twitchy, tends to have a lose tail, I lose a lot of time at the critical corners.
Bb-1 (a bit more breaking force to front wheels) and I can hardly make a mistake. The difference were nearly 3 seconds. That's unbelievable to me.. I don't get, why it's effecting the acceleration out of corners.
My time at sardegna A at the moment 2.02.8xx in Porsche or Genesis, both nearly exact time (both on bb-1 tcs0 assistant off abs standard) my friendslist leader is once more Barney the Dog.
Acceleration out of corners is highly affected by the the approach (braking phase), travel speed and position of the car at mid corner (apex). It's basically a cat catching his tail. The wrong approach and incorrect travel speed (either too fast or slow) give you a bad exit. Each corner has some compromise to be taken in count. The goal is to have as stable as possible car in braking phases, so you can lean on it and push. An unbalanced or nervous car in braking desn't allow much consistancy, which is also what we need when trying to push the boudaries.
So the braking is vital, in order to put the car in the rigth sweet spot to get the faster exit speed by consequence. it doesn't affect the dinamics of the vehicle per se during a particular corner, but helps to keep the car balanced along the differents phases like travel and accelersation.

Last edited:
A perfect example of what I'm on about.

He's done this 3/4 times now this week. This was after we'd already raced this morning, he didn't do anything in race 1 but I finished miles clear of him in 2nd and he was miles down the order. This was the 2nd race, basically the same lobby so had a great chance of a win (my race pace is quicker than P1/P2). You can I purposely take a wide line because he was on me from the start somehow and I saw him making a move to the inside. Then he unquestionably just turns right in the middle of the corner to hit me off the track.

He got a 5 second penalty and ended up last but I had to come back from 15th to 9th.

Ugh. (I'm obviously in the Sky livery he hits)

In other news, I just saw I'm now just 0.001s off Tidgney (using a controller!)

View attachment 1398108

He didn't "understeer against you" by mistake or miscalculation, he did just target you, steering to the opposite of the corner. So that to me can be called "blatant cheating" (or trolling if anybody wants).

As an example, at Sardegna I go with +1 for the Supra and +3 for the Genesis as I find the Supra is a little more wiggly under braking and turn in and the Genesis needs the help to rotate. (Those example are just my opinion)
I'll try +3 in the Genesis - I've been at +2 and took 3 tenths off my 458 time. I'm hopeless in the Supra but I'm starting to get used to the Genesis. So much time to gain (or lose!) in the last 3 corners.

As far as racing goes, it's been dire - people just diving for a tiny gap then running me on the gravel. Gone from low A+ to low A in about 8 races.

I'd do better at Spa but not got the time after work to do a race ā˜¹ļø

I'll try +3 in the Genesis - I've been at +2 and took 3 tenths off my 458 time. I'm hopeless in the Supra but I'm starting to get used to the Genesis. So much time to gain (or lose!) in the last 3 corners.

As far as racing goes, it's been dire - people just diving for a tiny gap then running me on the gravel. Gone from low A+ to low A in about 8 races.

I'd do better at Spa but not got the time after work to do a race ā˜¹ļø
2 tips for the supra

Out of the first corner exit in 3rd you get all the traction and acceleration.

On the church left hander short shift to 4th for the exit

I use 3 to front but my braking style is very much early and then pumped as needed so the stopping power at the front for me works, at the rear it feels like I'm dragging the car rather than digging the front in to the ground.

Everyone's mileage varies with these things so go with what suits you good friend šŸ‘

What brake bias do supra drivers use? I want to say - 2 is good but I do get a bit of lock up from time to time.
2 tips for the supra

Out of the first corner exit in 3rd you get all the traction and acceleration.

On the church left hander short shift to 4th for the exit

I use 3 to front but my braking style is very much early and then pumped as needed so the stopping power at the front for me works, at the rear it feels like I'm dragging the car rather than digging the front in to the ground.

Everyone's mileage varies with these things so go with what suits you good friend šŸ‘

Here was one of my runs for Sardegna, no matter how hard I plan or try it I always tend to lose time at T1, because I'll have to brake early so I don't miss the turn. I did all right at those turns where the black/yellow arrow signs are but still I feel like I'm losing necessary time here, frustrating in a way but what can I really do?

I don't think a wheel would help me in this situation because I am not familiar with the FFB and other features. And the pedals would be a new adjustment for me anyways. Maybe I should try a different car, I don't think the RSR fits for this track. And the sharp left turn and right turn before the finish gets me too, I have to watch my back and not run into the walls.

You're braking far too early on most corners. Some corners you are back on the accelerator before the apex. Try braking at about 110 - 120 before all the sharp lefts. The left with the wall, try turning in later. It's a long uphill straight after so you want maximum exit speed. A wheel doesn't make you faster but more consistent as you can feel more. I'm so far from the top at this game so there is much better advice than this but I hope it helps

You're braking far too early on most corners. Some corners you are back on the accelerator before the apex. Try braking at about 110 - 120 before all the sharp lefts. The left with the wall, try turning in later. It's a long uphill straight after so you want maximum exit speed. A wheel doesn't make you faster but more consistent as you can feel more. I'm so far from the top at this game so there is much better advice than this but I hope it helps
Chris, let the car flow a bit more be clear on your braking and coasting/transition to the throttle. Every thing looks really busy approaching corners. Try to do things in phases/stages, braking stage, coast/maintenance stage/acceleration stage.

Also some of those lines are way to tight for good exits, think about how can you take that corner with the least amount of steering, wide, later and smoother.

Chris, let the car flow a bit more be clear on your braking and coasting/transition to the throttle. Every thing looks really busy approaching corners. Try to do things in phases/stages, braking stage, coast/maintenance stage/acceleration stage.

Also some of those lines are way to tight for good exits, think about how can you take that corner with the least amount of steering, wide, later and smoother.
See. Better advice already. šŸ˜

Latest Posts

Back