GTAV - General Off Road Discussion | LS 4x4 Crew

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 3,098 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Count me out of the Baja races, I'll return for the next trail meet.
Same. I would be more interested if it was Trophy Truck vs Truggy. Reminds me of ATV Offroad Fury 4 where you could race Buggys, Truggys, and Trophy Trucks all on the same track. Made for good fun.

Truggy= Trophy Truck and Buggy mix
The Rebel with the Baja conversion kit transforms into a Truggy
Like this --->
truggy2.jpg

Yeah all versions are allowed as long as they have the tube frame rear half. So tube frame with bed sides, no bed sides, and no bed sides with the top cover. 👍
Now THAT's what I'm talkin about. Count me in then! :dopey:👍

Definitely in for this one. I might respray my Rebel yet again for the meet, it's yellow at the moment.

As for the Dumper spawning at a certain point on the track, I have never had that issue online. I used to race there offline when I got bored, so I know the track pretty well.

If I can get online on Sunday may I tag along? I've been itching to use my trophy truck in a race for a while...

Racer list so far:

R1600Turbo
Mudd
smuffyatfcp
ZDUPH
KM964
Jimbo221992
Jet Badger
Snorevette

Would like to get at least 4 more...

Racer list so far:

R1600Turbo
Mudd
smuffyatfcp
ZDUPH
KM964
Jimbo221992
Jet Badger
Snorevette

Would like to get at least 4 more...

Like I said, this is only if I can get online which is probably not the case since it seems like my PS3 has returned to only connecting every second day, which would mean I'd be able to connect on Saturday but not Sunday. :(
If I'm online and there's space though then I'd join.

Just FYI to everyone, this may get put on hold. I am supposed to go to a junk yard on Saturday to pull a transmission out of a car. However there's a slight chance of rain on that day, but if it does in fact rain that day I will have to do the trip on Sunday instead. That leaves no time for the event. I'll let everyone know the situation on Saturday.

If it involves mud, jumps and vehicles - you don't even need to ask me. :P

It says on the website that only Baja mods are allowed, but the pictures show Baja, Dakar and Sandrail. I presume this means all three are allowed and not just Baja?

Oh I'm in for sure.

If no official event. I'd like to meet up and run some laps still.

If it involves mud, jumps and vehicles - you don't even need to ask me. :P

Well, yes... I will be involved... I don't know about those other two, though...:odd:

And I'm pretty sure that track is getting torn up on Sunday wether there's an official event or not. :cool:

God and bad news, the good news is i have a rebel, the bad is i haven't yet reached the rank required to do the necessary mods and don't think i will get to that level in time.

God and bad news, the good news is i have a rebel, the bad is i haven't yet reached the rank required to do the necessary mods and don't think i will get to that level in time.

I sent you a message. I can solve your problem in like five minutes. :)

Does the Rebel have suspension upgrades? I was going through the parts the other day and I swear I remember accidentally lowering the truck, but when I went back there was no option for the suspension. Hopefully I'm just completely wrong in that thought, otherwise I'm gonna have to sell my Rebel and find another one.

Does the Rebel have suspension upgrades? I was going through the parts the other day and I swear I remember accidentally lowering the truck, but when I went back there was no option for the suspension. Hopefully I'm just completely wrong in that thought, otherwise I'm gonna have to sell my Rebel and find another one.
The clean Rebel has the suspension upgrades available, the rusty one seems to not have that. Atleast after the sandrail conversion. I wanted to lower it too because I rolled in every corner possible on the sunday's track - no luck :D

I did some quick testing with the suspension upgrades on the MW Mesa, and I don't believe that lowering your off road truck hurts it's off road capability anywhere near as much as it helps it's on road (or track) cornering ability.

The clean Rebel has the suspension upgrades available, the rusty one seems to not have that. Atleast after the sandrail conversion. I wanted to lower it too because I rolled in every corner possible on the sunday's track - no luck :D
Maybe I'll take the Dakar frame off of it and see what happens. Mine just looks lower to me for some reason. I know it's not exactly high off the ground, but it looks like the top of the tires are almost touching the body.

I did some quick testing with the suspension upgrades on the MW Mesa, and I don't believe that lowering your off road truck hurts it's off road capability anywhere near as much as it helps it's on road (or track) cornering ability.

True. That modded Mesa is terrible on the road with stock suspension.

Speaking of Rebels, can anyone confirm that the clean Rebel can be found with the smaller Baja front bumper and lights on the roof? I've been searching for it for awhile now, hope I'm not wasting my time. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back