GTP Cool Wall: 1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1

• Thread starter Jahgee
  • 149 comments

1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Honestly, I think it looks better with the extra stuff. Shrinks the car visually. Makes it look like more of a sports car and less of a land barge.
I'm with this guy. Otherwise, it's just a slightly faster fastback with some styling cues.

What really sucks is when people dress their base ones up like a Mach 1.

I'm with this guy. Otherwise, it's just a slightly faster fastback with some styling cues.

What really sucks is when people dress their base ones up like a Mach 1.
#budgetclonesftw

Which is uncool to many people. Even without them it's still an aggressive looking car.
I don't see how it's uncool. It enhances it for me because most typical cars don't have that type of stuff.

Even without them it's still an aggressive looking car.

It's not. It's a freaking grandpa's car:
Ford-Mustang_1969_photo_01.jpg

I don't see how it's uncool. It enhances it for me because most typical cars don't have that type of stuff.
Remember when I said that bragging isn't cool. Spoilers are mostly used in cars mostly used by the people that like to brag about their car.

It's not. It's a freaking grandpa's car:
Ford-Mustang_1969_photo_01.jpg
The front end still looks more pissed off than most cars of the era though, at least from head on. That model is a 6 cylinder fastback which is pretty rare in itself.

Remember when I said that bragging isn't cool. Spoilers are mostly used in cars mostly used by the people that like to brag about their car.
I've never met a Mach 1 owner who sat there bragging about how "bomb ass" their car was. The crowd that owns these cars are not the young, ignorant kids like me.

And believe me, I've been around.

The front end still looks more pissed off than most cars of the era though, at least from head on. That model is a 6 cylinder fastback which is pretty rare in itself.

Damn that's even worse. It's like it's trying to make me sleep.

Damn that's even worse. It's like it's trying to make me sleep.
There was very few even built because no one ordered them, so don't lose any sleep over it :lol:. Most were coupes that had the 6 cylinders.

I've never met a Mach 1 owner who sat there bragging about how "bomb ass" their car was. The crowd that owns these cars are not the young, ignorant kids like me.

And believe me, I've been around.
Didn't say that applies to this car. I was talking about spoilers in general.

@Slash ever notice how any Cool Wall thread involving a Mustang becomes you replying to every single post?

There are 75 posts in this thread, including the OP. You made 20 of them and there are only a handful of posts that don't have you involved.

The Mustang is not exactly a niche car, it's exactly the opposite. The discussion doesn't need a tour guide.

It's a car I'm passionate about. I'm naturally going to reply more :P

I went with a high cool, because it's a classic Mustang. Most of the Mustang fanboys that are indeed annoying are usually associated with the modern Mustangs. Even then though, I haven't encountered that many Mustang fanboys to begin with and every Mustang owner I've met so far hasn't been annoying and rather welcoming. Though, I guess it has to do with what kind of car shows you go to.

No Sub-zero for me. I like it, but doesn't sound Sub-Zero to me. It's not my favourite.

But liek @Cano said, if it's a Boss 302, I probably would vote it Sub-zero. The difference in visuals, i don't think there is many but when comes to the engine, I can guess it's Cano's favorite.

No Sub-zero for me. I like it, but doesn't sound Sub-Zero to me. It's not my favourite.

But liek @Cano said, if it's a Boss 302, I probably would vote it Sub-zero. The difference in visuals, i don't think there is many but when comes to the engine, I can guess it's Cano's favorite.

The Boss 302 was far more than an engine. Look it up.

If we applied the logic used on so many cars in the past this would be SU.
I mean, how many paragraphs did it take Slash to explain why this car is cool?

Sorry but to anyone who isn't a Ford fanatic this would probably be nothing more than an old mustang.
Meh.

After seeing the pic again I almost wish I could go Uncool.
The cheesy rear window shade/visor thing, the big spoiler, and the ridiculous front under-spoiler all scream for attention in a tacky way. 👎

You can get one that doesn't have a spoiler. Simple as that.

Honestly, I think it looks better with the extra stuff. Shrinks the car visually. Makes it look like more of a sports car and less of a land barge.
I'd go without the spoiler but yeah, I can see where you're going with this.

The engine in the Boss 302 is a one of a kind engine. Very, very race oriented street engine. The whole car was something else entirely.

Just Another "fancy adjective" Mustang.
Which it isn't. This is the step up over the vanilla fastback. A very big one at that, depending on what you ordered for the engine.

I mean, how many paragraphs did it take Slash to explain why this car is cool?

Because there a ton of reasons why it's cool.

l
The cheesy rear window shade/visor thing, the big spoiler, and the ridiculous front under-spoiler all scream for attention in a tacky way. 👎
That's part of why it's cool. It's an attention grabber.

Back