• Saturdays - Between 3:00PM - 5:00PM PST

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Saturdays - Between 5:00PM - 7:00PM PST

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Saturdays - Between 7:00PM - 9:00PM PST

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just put the car specs up for the majority of the models in post #2. Still have a couple cars to finalize over the next few days.

Thanks again to the guys for coming out yesterday. Made it through the majority of the replays this morning but still have a couple to go.

Tier, I hope you got some good data from our testing yesterday. Looking forward to season 2.

it's my luck that all the cars i like are spoken for. :P

I'm inviting you to be my teammate in the Ford GT man. Need to represent the US's giant killer man. I tried the Viper out too at Tokyo and Suzuka. With default setting for suspension except for ride height and played with brake bias a little. I drove the Viper 1st for at least 20 laps each track and then switched to the GT and beat the Vipers best time within 5 laps at both tracks and just kept getting faster. But it may be that the GT is just more conducive to my driving style. Right now there are 3 other guy's besides me you could team up with. One's in an Audi R8, One's in a RUF RGT, and the Camakaze just made the list due to dissinfected's drop out in the Nissan GT-R. I'm actually seriously contemplating using the RUF RGT for a second season. The only problem with it is it's fast but it requires a totally different driving style than the other cars. This makes it bad in traffic 'cause you have to follow the leader and it don't like to play by someone elses rules. And with meager 340 lb/ft of torque if you screw up it a little slow to get back on pace. I have however learned that it's not as slow down the straights as I once thought, except for the really long ones where it doesn't pull in 6th gear like the torque monsters.

on a side note: I'm stuck in LIMBO now as to wether or not to use the DS3 or the wheel. Seems I'm stuck in the middle now and not performing that well with the DS3 now either. Like adapting to the wheel has made me slower with the DS3 now. They are 2 totally different animals and now I'm stuck in the middle of both.

Observation 1: With DS3 I'm better with braking (trailbraking) in particular, and faster in the tighter corners. Mainly because I can trail brake and get the car to pivot better.

Observation 2: With wheel I'm faster through and out of sweeping corners 'cause it's more precise. But I'm having trouble with transition corners like at Suzuka with both now. Probably 'cause I'm changing my driving style to suit the wheel and it has thrown off my rythym with the DS3.

I was hoping to get used to the wheel at my liesure and use the DS3 when I had to but I now don't think this is going to work for me. So I'm gonna stick with the wheel and keep practicing. Hopefully I get better by seasons start.

Also have a question for the guy's using wheels. In the driving options menu the last box (controller sensitivity), what is your setting at? I always had it on -2 with the DS3, I changed it to +7 this morning and I swear it helped me with the wheel. I'm not saying it was like night and day but it has seemed to help somewhat. Like it turns in a little quicker so i can straighten out the wheel a little more going through the corners without using so much lock causing understeer and then snap oversteer when the fronts finally grip.

Last edited:
Also sorry about practice last night and the chaos I caused a couple of times. Perfect example of why you shouldn't drink and drive LOL. I wanted to practice so bad I just wanted to be on track with you guy's but I had no business being there really was quite usless for me and just screwed you guy's up in the process, especially Diego. Tier, you and Niop were to far ahead for it too matter too much for you guy's. You 2 and Mont and Crab are gonna be mad fast this season. Hope I'm not always looking at your rear bumpers from a distance or watching the little red triangles get further and further away.

P.S. Tier any changes in stroe for the RUF?

Also have a question for the guy's using wheels. In the driving options menu the last box (controller sensitivity), what is your setting at? I always had it on -2 with the DS3, I changed it to +7 this morning and I swear it helped me with the wheel. I'm not saying it was like night and day but it has seemed to help somewhat. Like it turns in a little quicker so i can straighten out the wheel a little more going through the corners without using so much lock causing understeer and then snap oversteer when the fronts finally grip.

I set mine at +4 for road courses, and -2 for ovals. But I'm not sure if it really helps or if it's just all in my head.

I have never touch the sensitivity it been 0 since the update. Also the Forcefeed back settings don't effect the G27. So I'm not sure if anything effect that wheel in the options menu.

I'm inviting you to be my teammate in the Ford GT man. Need to represent the US's giant killer man. I tried the Viper out too at Tokyo and Suzuka. With default setting for suspension except for ride height and played with brake bias a little. I drove the Viper 1st for at least 20 laps each track and then switched to the GT and beat the Vipers best time within 5 laps at both tracks and just kept getting faster. But it may be that the GT is just more conducive to my driving style. Right now there are 3 other guy's besides me you could team up with. One's in an Audi R8, One's in a RUF RGT, and the Camakaze just made the list due to dissinfected's drop out in the Nissan GT-R. I'm actually seriously contemplating using the RUF RGT for a second season. The only problem with it is it's fast but it requires a totally different driving style than the other cars. This makes it bad in traffic 'cause you have to follow the leader and it don't like to play by someone elses rules. And with meager 340 lb/ft of torque if you screw up it a little slow to get back on pace. I have however learned that it's not as slow down the straights as I once thought, except for the really long ones where it doesn't pull in 6th gear like the torque monsters.

on a side note: I'm stuck in LIMBO now as to wether or not to use the DS3 or the wheel. Seems I'm stuck in the middle now and not performing that well with the DS3 now either. Like adapting to the wheel has made me slower with the DS3 now. They are 2 totally different animals and now I'm stuck in the middle of both.

Observation 1: With DS3 I'm better with braking (trailbraking) in particular, and faster in the tighter corners. Mainly because I can trail brake and get the car to pivot better.

Observation 2: With wheel I'm faster through and out of sweeping corners 'cause it's more precise. But I'm having trouble with transition corners like at Suzuka with both now. Probably 'cause I'm changing my driving style to suit the wheel and it has thrown off my rythym with the DS3.

I was hoping to get used to the wheel at my liesure and use the DS3 when I had to but I now don't think this is going to work for me. So I'm gonna stick with the wheel and keep practicing. Hopefully I get better by seasons start.

I'll have to give the Ford a shot. The viper is not too bad, though. I definitely can not stand the RGT though.

I set mine at +4 for road courses, and -2 for ovals. But I'm not sure if it really helps or if it's just all in my head.

I don't think it is, in your head I mean. How bout you other guy's, adead or Phill, care to weigh in on this? I think it's almost like swapping in a quick ratio steering rack. I know it's still 900-degree rotation but it seems quicker the higher you go. I still have a hard time catching major slides but if I'm quick enough at this setting I get it before it goes to far. I was running the Pick-up Truck seasonal with a 500hp F-150 Lightning on Sport Mediums and I was actually catching a few slides today for the first time. 'Course this could be a factor of the Truck having a longer wheelbase and less likely to swap ends. I also started going back throught the Lisence Test and golding them again and I'm breezing through them. I'll get the hang of this wheel one way or another.

What wheel you use Niop?

I'll have to give the Ford a shot. The viper is not too bad, though. I definitely can not stand the RGT though.

Yeah, most people don't like the RGT. I really had a hard time with it at first but once I got the right suspension tune it was pretty competitive. Try the GT. Myself, I'm not that crazy about any of the cars left either but I think the GT has the most potential. That or the GT-R.

Remember the Ford GT is at 500hp and 1450KG right now. Tier hasn't finalized the spec's yet but that's what it was last he told me. I don't think the extra 50kg was posted anywhere here yet. It understeers a bit at default suspension settings but I'm pretty sure I can get it tuned out. When all is said and done Tier will have all cars pretty even. He did a good job last season.

Last edited:
I have never touch the sensitivity it been 0 since the update. Also the Forcefeed back settings don't effect the G27. So I'm not sure if anything effect that wheel in the options menu.

No it's not in the options menu. Is in the driving options where you woul'd turn on skid recovery, traction control, ABS etc.

Waiting for the specs for the GT-R. :)

BOSS Mustang
No it's not in the options menu. Is in the driving options where you woul'd turn on skid recovery, traction control, ABS etc.

I know that. It still doesn't effect my wheel at all for the lack of full support.

I know that. It still doesn't effect my wheel at all for the lack of full support.

Wow, OK, I thought this would effect all controllers. Truthfully, I don't understand PD. They say that the DFGT is fully supported but really the only thing you can change that effects anything is the FFB. Yeah you can map the buttons and use the gimicky little dial, but I mean physical stuff. I had the Driving Force Pro for GT4 and you could change all kinds of stuff including deadzone, degree's rotation, the works just like on PC's. So even though they say the DFGT is fully supported and made for GT5, it's a joke really. What F1 car has 900-degrees of rotation, or any race car for that matter. Hell, a stock Ford Mustang is only 2.2 turns lock to lock. They should have at least had a 720-degree option. or what would really have been sick would have been to have it change automatically to whatever the real car has in real life. Yeah, the "REAL DRIVING SIMULATOR".

Last edited:
Waiting for the specs for the GT-R. :)

Been using 500hp/1,450kg, but playing with an "alternate" solution. :scared:

Might have to use the same type of set-up with the Evora and possibly the GT. I'm not sure if it's just my style or what, seems like the more weight I add, the faster I go. :guilty:

I don't think it is, in your head I mean. How bout you other guy's, adead or Phill, care to weigh in on this? I think it's almost like swapping in a quick ratio steering rack. I know it's still 900-degree rotation but it seems quicker the higher you go. I still have a hard time catching major slides but if I'm quick enough at this setting I get it before it goes to far. I was running the Pick-up Truck seasonal with a 500hp F-150 Lightning on Sport Mediums and I was actually catching a few slides today for the first time. 'Course this could be a factor of the Truck having a longer wheelbase and less likely to swap ends. I also started going back throught the Lisence Test and golding them again and I'm breezing through them. I'll get the hang of this wheel one way or another.

What wheel you use Niop?

I'm using the Logitech DFGT. It's pretty basic, but it seems to do the job pretty well.

I like the GT. I just need a good color combo!

I'm using the White with blue stripes matching metallic blue BBS wheels. Let me know if you find something you like better and we'll match it up. Just not pink LOL.

Just be prepaired for some changes in spec, seeing Tiers most recent post.

I'm using the Logitech DFGT. It's pretty basic, but it seems to do the job pretty well.

Glad to see someone else here uses the same wheel as me. Did you do any DIY mods to it. I've done the bungy cord mod to the pedals and made my own aluminum paddle shifters. Both mods made a big difference. I was always struggling to find the buttons on the back of the spokes in certain cituations. The paddles work great, shifts are just a finger flick away no matter what now.

I have the DF GT, actually. Pay a lot of money for it in HK...only no good way to sit with it right now.

Hopefully it's not weight so I don't have to buy a whole new one. :P

Well if it's weight, that would be best cause we can just add it with ballast in the tuning menu. However, I think he might drop the weight down some and put us on hard tires. I'd actually rather he do this. The heavier it gets the less effect tuning the suspension has 'cause you need enough spring, damping, and ride hieght to control all the weight. That was one of the things I did like about the RUF, every little change I made to the settings I could see the difference 'cause was only 1170kg. i can already tell that the GT at 1450kg doesn't respond as well but is still fast.

Last edited:
I have the DF GT, actually. Pay a lot of money for it in HK...only no good way to sit with it right now.

Yeah, you need a good stable rig for the wheel. I made my own, it's a bit cavemanish but it's solid and I made it adjustable. I need to post some pics sometime. My pedals aren't mounted yet either, well they are 50% mounted. I have them mounted to a piece of MDF that I made big enough to rest my left foot on and the way I made my rig they really don't move but I'm limited to right foot braking. As far as wheels go I don't think the DFGT is bad at all for it's price. It's not the wheel that I'm a little peeved about it's PD's software as far as supporting it. In many other, including PS3 games you can change many more parameters. You'd think with that big GT Logo in the middle you'd have just at least as many adjustments as other PS3 games. They should have, at the very least, given us a 720 and 540-degree option.

By the way, was just checking out your photo thread. And realized, hey your a girl, sorry I called you man earlier. Well anyways Welcome to the GTP FIA club. Good to see we have some women interested in the game, Kudo's

Last edited:
Back