• Saturdays - Between 3:00PM - 5:00PM PST

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Saturdays - Between 5:00PM - 7:00PM PST

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Saturdays - Between 7:00PM - 9:00PM PST

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey Tier, I know I wasn't able to finish last season, and things are still being sorted out with me, but if you can, can you still put me on a reserve list of some kind? As soon as I get back from this, ahem, little problem I have, I'll definitely rejoin for season 2. Unfortunately, I do not know how long this process will take.

It's sad that my Stang couldn't finish and will not be able to participate in Season 2 (probably for good reason, too). I haven't decided on what car I'd like, but it will be either the R8, the Z06, the FGT, or the MP-4. But I'll wait for the specs to be posted as well. Again, I understand if you cannot add me to any list yet or at any time, but I am working very hard here to get back in the game.

I do wish I could've raced at Le Mans. That would have been great!

Thank you for your time,
Stormy

Of course we'll put you down Stormy. You did a great job representing in the Mustang last season, even put it up on the podium a couple times. Hopefully see what you can do in car that isn't so handicapped. :)

v.1.2 specs are up in post #2.

Keep in mind these are not the final specs yet, depending how the testing goes Saturday there may be further changes before becoming official.

For those planning to attend the testing session Saturday:

1. Please make sure your car fits the horsepower/weight and tire specs in post #2.

2. Tuning. Whatever you decide to do as far tuning, full tune, default settings, etc., please make sure it is consistent with all cars you test, e.g. run default settings in ALL cars you drive or lower ride height/dial in camber in ALL cars. Don't try to run a fully tuned car and compare times against a car that is on default settings. We're looking for consistency.

Of course we'll put you down Stormy. You did a great job representing in the Mustang last season, even put it up on the podium a couple times. Hopefully see what you can do in car that isn't so handicapped. :)

Well thank you very much. I really tried my hardest. I think I just got really lucky with those podiums, to be perfectly honest here. I haven't played GT5 in about a month, again (it's the PSN blackout for me all over again, but will last longer, lol). Maybe I should get a wheel though, when I get around to it. I think I may perform a little better with one. I just need to do some research on which wheel is the best for GT5. I was thinking of the G27, but I heard about incompatablities and such, so I don't know.

I love my G27 but I with is was fully supported you need to have a DS3 next to you if you want to use the RA Function or you horn for that matter lol.

I love my G27 but I with is was fully supported you need to have a DS3 next to you if you want to use the RA Function or you horn for that matter lol.

The horn I'm not worried about, but the RA function, that's a different story. But you can use the DS3 in conjunction with the G27, right? That's fine with me. Or can you remap the buttons on the G27 via the options menu?

stupidstormy36
The horn I'm not worried about, but the RA function, that's a different story. But you can use the DS3 in conjunction with the G27, right? That's fine with me. Or can you remap the buttons on the G27 via the options menu?

Nope. Not at all which sucks.

I'm already committed to a race series at that time (Sunday 10am - Noon, my time), but will jump in when i'm done - if you are still testing.

it's on a Saturday
I'm located in Melb Australia.

Homologation Session Sat. 07/09 @ 5:00PM PST

At the specified time, local time in Melbourne is 17 hours ahead of Seattle
Location Local time Time zone UTC offset
Seattle (U.S.A. - Washington) Saturday, 9 July 2011 at 5:00:00 PM PDT UTC-7 hours
Melbourne (Australia - Victoria) Sunday, 10 July 2011 at 10:00:00 AM EST UTC+10 hours
Corresponding UTC (GMT) Sunday, 10 July 2011 at 00:00:00

I will be absent Saturday the 23rd. I am going on vacation and will not be bringing PS3. Two things. 1. Will it be counted as a drop? 2. Could I have someone fill in for me on that day? Thanks.

I'll be there Sat. hopefully. Have a birthday party to go to so may be a little late.

gonna try out the Ford GT of course, plus the Aston, Viper, and XKR. Gonna run all at default settings.

I have a dillema though. I would like very much to have a teammate so we have a shot at the manufacturers championship. So any one who hasn't picked a ride, (you know who you are), I'd love it if you'd try out the four cars above and I'd team up with any of you once you pick a car. It doesn't matter to me which car I drive 'cause I know in the end Tier will have everything pretty well sorted out and get everyone on an even playing field. If any of you are worried about the XKR and Aston running on soft tires, don't be. The races are short enough and last season we had everyone doing a mandatory pitstop, so tire wear never really factored in to much.

If I can't get teamed up with anyone in one of these 4 cars than I might just be back for a second season in my RUF RGT and team up with e.sport or in an R8 with GN+ but I have no time behind the wheel of the R8. Everyone else is all teamed up.

Tier, gonna miss having you as a teammate, but you and Niop should make an awesome team. And Phill, good luck with adead as your teammate, I know you guy's will do great. Looking forward hopefully to some more morning practice sessions with you, well it was morning for me, don't know what it was for you. But anyway's alway's had fun practicing with you and the ZO6 vs. the RUF. We were always close in practice and on race day. Looks like the 5 of us are the veterans from last season. No Dcerinza I didn't forget about you and MitchZO6, you guy's were there at the beggining, wish you'd have stuck around to see the season through. You guy's are teamed up too this season. Guess I'm the odd man out. Who know's maybe Stupidstormy will make it in time and we can get teammed up in the Ford GT and make it a Veterans vs. Rookies series.

Can I use carbon hood on the vette/ford to meet the minimum weight (after like a couple kg of ballast)?

BTW: I will be driving any of these:
Lotus
Vette
Ford

So just look at what car I turn up with at raceday, still haven't decided yet.

Last edited:
Tier, gonna miss having you as a teammate, but you and Niop should make an awesome team. And Phill, good luck with adead as your teammate, I know you guy's will do great. Looking forward hopefully to some more morning practice sessions with you, well it was morning for me, don't know what it was for you. But anyway's alway's had fun practicing with you and the ZO6 vs. the RUF. We were always close in practice and on race day.
Yeah,good times...Was never quite comfortable with the way that thing wears front tires.Lots of fun though!

On the sad note though I might not be able to make practices anymore,pretty busy lately.

We might have a few more interesting clashes the next few races though.:)

Can I use carbon hood on the vette/ford to meet the minimum weight (after like a couple kg of ballast)?

BTW: I will be driving any of these:
Lotus
Vette
Ford

So just look at what car I turn up with at raceday, still haven't decided yet.
If carbon hoods are available they're allowed.

Yeah, I hear you guys. I haven't been playing at all and it's killing me with the new wheel and all. Think I've only used it 2 or 3 times since I got it 3 weeks ago. I got a little better with it but still not as fast as with DS3.
I'll get it though. Kids are on school vacation so is hard to get my hands on the HD TV in the mornings. 4 year old is a TV hog, LOL.

I will be absent Saturday the 23rd. I am going on vacation and will not be bringing PS3. Two things. 1. Will it be counted as a drop? 2. Could I have someone fill in for me on that day? Thanks.

No, not counted as a drop. As long as you give me a heads up that you will be missing a race it's fine. For that race weekend, your spot would be filled by the next member on the waiting list.

I'll be there Sat. hopefully. Have a birthday party to go to so may be a little late.

gonna try out the Ford GT of course, plus the Aston, Viper, and XKR. Gonna run all at default settings.

I have a dillema though. I would like very much to have a teammate so we have a shot at the manufacturers championship. So any one who hasn't picked a ride, (you know who you are), I'd love it if you'd try out the four cars above and I'd team up with any of you once you pick a car. It doesn't matter to me which car I drive 'cause I know in the end Tier will have everything pretty well sorted out and get everyone on an even playing field. If any of you are worried about the XKR and Aston running on soft tires, don't be. The races are short enough and last season we had everyone doing a mandatory pitstop, so tire wear never really factored in to much.

If I can't get teamed up with anyone in one of these 4 cars than I might just be back for a second season in my RUF RGT and team up with e.sport or in an R8 with GN+ but I have no time behind the wheel of the R8. Everyone else is all teamed up.

I have the Viper and the nvm not the Jag I`m willing to use., I just read the stats on it, has an ugly front weight ratio

Last edited:
alrighty here is the scoop, over the last few days i have been testing the Evora, Viper, Jaguar, and MP4-12C, but only a little, so lets just say i own those cars lol...
Anywho I have been doing some laps around Suzuka with my trusty SLS, even when it wants to shift(most of the time), which I would say I have maybe 50 laps by now testing (its hurting my goal to get to level 30). So this is what I have, its not even on par with the Corvette yet but I dont want to overpower it lol

Mercedez``Uncle"Benz SLS AMG `10
535hp@5800rpm
503ft-lb@5000
1325kgs
mediums(although thinking about softs,explanation later)
fastest lap-2:02.765
sector fastest lap-54.106,44.579,23.967... 2:02.652

previous Vette test
Corvette Z06(beast)@93.7%
500hp,488ft-lb, 1300kg
best lap time-2:01.790
best sector lap- 53.263,44.300,23.850 - 2:01.413

damn still 1.239 off the Vettes pace

I'm trying guys I really am

2 reasons why the SLS wont catch the Vette
1/length
AMG-4638mm
Chevy-4465mm
Lotus-4342mm
Dodge-4459mm
YE OLDE Jaguar- 4790mm
Maclaren- 4509mm
GT-4643mm(height is another thing)
..My thoughts on that is... Don't that play a part on the cars turning abilities

AAAAAAAAAAnd part 2
Height and Aerodynamics
Would this also make a difference for top speed?

examples for both 1-2

-the Evora remains competitive minus 25hp and added weight, because the weight distribution and length of the vehicle makes it more nimble than the rest of the field
-the GT is the lowest car in the field, so being 100~kgs heavier dampens its ability to reach top speed by being a "pancake" on the road
-Body styles- the Vette, Maclaren and GT(above) have such smooth front ends which would reduce the drag @top speed
while the SLS GTR and XKR's have a square boxy front end in comparison which increases resistance further through the gears..

umm i cant really think of anything else, I'll hopefully get more data in today's testing

PS.. this is what I think is happening, may or may not be correct

Last edited:
alrighty here is the scoop, over the last few days i have been testing the Evora, Viper, Jaguar, and MP4-12C, but only a little, so lets just say i own those cars lol...
Anywho I have been doing some laps around Suzuka with my trusty SLS, even when it wants to shift(most of the time), which I would say I have maybe 50 laps by now testing (its hurting my goal to get to level 30). So this is what I have, its not even on par with the Corvette yet but I dont want to overpower it lol

Mercedez``Uncle"Benz SLS AMG `10
535hp@5800rpm
503ft-lb@5000
1325kgs
mediums(although thinking about softs,explanation later)
fastest lap-2:02.765
sector fastest lap-54.106,44.579,23.967... 2:02.652

previous Vette test
Corvette Z06(beast)@93.7%
500hp,488ft-lb, 1300kg
best lap time-2:01.790
best sector lap- 53.263,44.300,23.850 - 2:01.413

damn still 1.239 off the Vettes pace

I'm trying guys I really am

2 reasons why the SLS wont catch the Vette
1/length
AMG-4638mm
Chevy-4465mm
Lotus-4342mm
Dodge-4459mm
YE OLDE Jaguar- 4790mm
Maclaren- 4509mm
GT-4643mm(height is another thing)
..My thoughts on that is... Don't that play a part on the cars turning abilities

AAAAAAAAAAnd part 2
Height and Aerodynamics
Would this also make a difference for top speed?

examples for both 1-2

-the Evora remains competitive minus 25hp and added weight, because the weight distribution and length of the vehicle makes it more nimble than the rest of the field
-the GT is the lowest car in the field, so being 100~kgs heavier dampens its ability to reach top speed by being a "pancake" on the road
-Body styles- the Vette, Maclaren and GT(above) have such smooth front ends which would reduce the drag @top speed
while the SLS GTR and XKR's have a square boxy front end in comparison which increases resistance further through the gears..

umm i cant really think of anything else, I'll hopefully get more data in today's testing

PS.. this is what I think is happening, may or may not be correct

Are you running a tune on any of the cars you've tested?

Back